Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

1 year later, characters created before Morrowind missing one skillpoint. No dev comment

Aliyavana
Aliyavana
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I made this thread on the Morrowind beta forums but there wasnt a zos response there but, if you do the morrowind tutorial on a new character, you are granted a skillpoint at the end of it and after they leave vvardenfell they can do the wailing prison for another skillpoint as well. Existing characters cannot do the morrowind tutorial so are locked out of a skillpoint. So complitionists would have to create a new character after owning morrowind so they are not locked out of one skillpoint. This was reported in the beta by me and many others.

Before I get flamed by the "its only a skillpoint, how will one affect you when there is enough skillpoints in the game"? crowd id like to say that I have 330ish skillpoints and have a skillpoint into anything I would ever need, however the goal to get every skillpoint in the game remains impossible all because you created a character before morrowind existed.

Edit: almost one year later and still hasn't been acknowledged by the devs at all. Zos id atleast love a response that says we are looking into it or this is not possible to fix, can we make a ticket to grant a skillpoint or can you make the quest available to us? still a relevant thread
Edited by Aliyavana on February 23, 2018 8:05PM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't matter if you find one skillpoint irrelevant, completionists are being shafted no matter how in the minority they are.
    Edited by Aliyavana on February 23, 2018 7:56AM
  • Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yep this should get patched and changed. ZOS?

PC EU AD
    Master Crafter - Anything you need!!
    High Elf Magicka Templar Healer/DPS/Tank
    Trials / Dungeons / PVP / Everything
  • necronomniconb14_ESO
    idk, my warden didnt get the option to do (or skip even) the original tutorial after going to the mainland so it seems fair to me, it just seems if you have morrowind the tutorial is replaced with the new one... which is much quicker anyways and a refreshing change of scenery
    Edited by necronomniconb14_ESO on May 30, 2017 3:37PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Enodoc wrote: »

I agree. Don't see why people feel the need to create their own thread merely to say the same thing, and often less, that someone else who created the thread.

Keep the existing conversation going rather than clog the forums with a single topic.

OP is directly part of the issue creating threads on the same topic multiple times. At one with the same title.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/346165/oversight-by-zos-are-existing-characters-still-locked-out-of-a-skillpoint#latest
    Edited by idk on May 30, 2017 3:47PM
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aliyavana wrote: »
    I made this thread on the beta forums already but, if you do the morrowind tutorial on a new character, you are granted a skillpoint at the end of it and after they leave vvardenfell they can do the wailing prison for another skillpoint as well. Existing characters cannot do the morrowind tutorial so are locked out of a skillpoint. So perfectionists would have to create a new character in morrowind so they are not locked out of one skillpoint. This was reported in the beta by me and many others and still it remains an issue.

Before I get flamed by the "its only a skillpoint, how will one affect you when there is enough skillpoints in the game"? crowd id like to say that I have 330ish skillpoints and have a skillpoint into anything I would ever need, however the goal to get every skillpoint in the game remains impossible all because you created a character before morrowind existed.

And before I get attacked by the "have you checked on live? didn't eso live say it was fixed? zos said it was!" crowd, yes I tested it the week before morrowind went live and also now that morrowind is live morrowind created characters that can access the tutorial will have a skillpoint more than non morrowind characters.

What skill point if I may ask. I did the new tutorial and did not see one.
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please for the love of Vehk fix this ZOS.

I've been using the skill points to boost up my weapon and armor skills and I'm running out, I'd rather not respec every time I want to gain a few ranks in destro staff.
    Edited by Vrienda on May 30, 2017 3:48PM
    Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.
  • Muttsmutt
    Muttsmutt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes please ! this should be a top issue.
    PC-EU // UNDEAD
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 point is insignificant. There are more important things for ZoS to do.

[edited for bait]
    Edited by ZOS_CoriJ on February 23, 2018 10:27PM
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ^^ this. 1 skill point does not mean the end of the world.

[minor edit for quote]
    Edited by ZOS_CoriJ on February 23, 2018 10:28PM
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • ProfesseurFreder
    ProfesseurFreder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thrasher's right. This is a complete non-issue. Some people will complain about any damn thing.
    "Nothing by which all human passion and hope and folly can be mirrored and then proved ever was just a game."
    -- William Faulkner.
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I find this disturbing. I would love to get all possible skill points on all of my chars. People who find this not an issue, the door is that way.
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enslaved wrote: »
    I find this disturbing. I would love to get all possible skill points on all of my chars. People who find this not an issue, the door is that way.

Very well said.

If you seriously don't think this is an issue, then I can already tell we're not going to get along. lol
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    disintegr8 wrote: »
    Oh boo hoo. 1 point is insignificant. There are more important things for ZoS to do.

The non issue crowd has arrived. Yes it wont effect many people but some of us it will... the fact that they didn't take beta feedback is even more aggrivating
    Edited by ZOS_CoriJ on February 23, 2018 10:28PM
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one said it was a non-issue. It's just an extremely low-priority issue. Look at all the other bugs and tell me otherwise.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Oh boo hoo. 1 point is insignificant. There are more important things for ZoS to do.

Yeah. And the servers being down for a week does not mean the end of the world. All our accounts getting wiped doesn't mean the end of the world. What dumb criteria.

We can declare any bug insignificant. Oh skill X doesn't work? Use a different skill. Class A is garbage? Re-roll.

Empirically speaking, the comment "1 point is insignificant" is false. 1 point can mean 3% weapon crit. It can mean 4% stam recovery. 4% more magicka. 4% more stamina. It can allow us to swap a skill on a boss. It can give us daily mats in the mail, or a better chance at refining gear. It can allow us to do higher level recipes.

If you want to be dismissive, at least make decent arguments.
  • Pwnyridah
    Pwnyridah
    ✭✭✭
    Has there been a green post?

Can we please get a response if not? Thanks!
  • Galwylin
    Galwylin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone from ZOS even acknowledge that this is happening? Or ignoring it as usual. Its not a big thing for me but I am interested in hearing what might be done if anything.
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was locked out of 2 skill points for being nice. Now a third???
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos has yet to have commented on the matter
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Enslaved wrote: »

Would say the same thing to you there are far way more things that need fixing than one poxy skill point
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thrasher's right. This is a complete non-issue. Some people will complain about any damn thing.
    Whether it's "just one" skill point or not is irrelevant. Whether it's actually needed or not is irrelevant. The fact that new characters get one more skill point than existing characters is a technical gameplay consistency issue, and needs to be addressed.
    Edited by ZOS_CoriJ on February 23, 2018 10:29PM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Meld777
    Meld777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @aliyavana I get your point and agree with you. But let me shatter your completionist world for a moment. There are hundreds of lore books that are not available to new players/old players/different factions. Yet, they are part of Shalidor's Library and will always stay grayed out/undiscovered. One skill point is nothing compared to that.
    Maelstrom Arena Champion | Undaunted | Fighters Guild Victor

Level 50 Magicka NB | CP160+

nAA | vCoH1 HM | nSO | nCoA2 | nDSA | nMA | vVoM

PC EU
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meld777 wrote: »
    @aliyavana I get your point and agree with you. But let me shatter your completionist world for a moment. There are hundreds of lore books that are not available to new players/old players/different factions. Yet, they are part of Shalidor's Library and will always stay grayed out/undiscovered. One skill point is nothing compared to that.

The first I hear of it. Without de-railing this thread, can you point me to where I can look up more about this?

As for this thread, this was my last comment in another similar thread:
    Ok, so aside from the general principal - we're looking at 368 skillpoints per the wiki plus - and I guess this is not 100% confirmed yet, please correct me - 10 skillpoints plus the 1 extra for new characters as per this thread (edit: I mean for Morrowind).

How common would it be for characters to have this amount of skill points?
    Edited by Rouven on May 31, 2017 1:50PM
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • PS4_ZeColmeia
    PS4_ZeColmeia
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I beg to disagree. I do everything on 1 character with 314 skill points. I NEED the rest of my pvp skill points (13), the 8 from morrowind and this 1 point to finally have a few more options on my character for playing my style and access to every key (not all by any means) skills.

If you're alt happy then yes, you don't need this 1 skill point because you probably level through the main storyline and are fine to do the specific role, but for those of us who are not the skill point is important.
    Edited by ZOS_CoriJ on February 23, 2018 10:30PM
    PSN: ***___Chan (3 _s)
    Hybrid, All-Role NB
  • Gedalya
    Gedalya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I'm not mistaken in a Live Stream they said you would only get one skill point from the tutorials; one between both, not two (or one for each).
    Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meld777 wrote: »
    aliyavana I get your point and agree with you. But let me shatter your completionist world for a moment. There are hundreds of lore books that are not available to new players/old players/different factions. Yet, they are part of Shalidor's Library and will always stay grayed out/undiscovered. One skill point is nothing compared to that.
    Not so. There are absolutely zero books in Shalidor's Library that you can't get, and any book that you can't get in Eidetic Memory is a bug, as any book that is quest-locked should appear somewhere else after the quest is complete.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I beg to disagree. I do everything on 1 character with 314 skill points. I NEED the rest of my pvp skill points (13), the 8 from morrowind and this 1 point to finally have a few more options on my character for playing my style and access to every key (not all by any means) skills.

If you're alt happy then yes, you don't need this 1 skill point because you probably level through the main storyline and are fine to do the specific role, but for those of us who are not the skill point is important.

Not trying to put you personally on the spot, but coincidentally you are touching on my previous post here. Which other skill points are you missing aside from the PvP ones and the new ones? It seems there are a good 40 that could be available to you. Personally for myself I don't even calculate the PvP, that's like the cherry on top. (Yes I am alt-happy btw).
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gedalya wrote: »
    If I'm not mistaken in a Live Stream they said you would only get one skill point from the tutorials; one between both, not two (or one for each).

"And before I get attacked by the "have you checked on live? didn't eso live say it was fixed? zos said it was!" crowd, yes I tested it the week before morrowind went live and also now that morrowind is live morrowind created characters that can access the tutorial will have a skillpoint more than non morrowind characters"
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aliyavana wrote: »
    Gedalya wrote: »

"And before I get attacked by the "have you checked on live? didn't eso live say it was fixed? zos said it was!" crowd, yes I tested it the week before morrowind went live and also now that morrowind is live morrowind created characters that can access the tutorial will have a skillpoint more than non morrowind characters"

So if we look at this the other way round, it's not that existing characters are locked out, it's that new characters are getting one skill point by "mistake".

I believe they would have to add another miniquest so the soul skill line reward does not come with a skill point. To be honest that soul thing is a little bit of a mess here, not the most elegant solution.