Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

1 year later, characters created before Morrowind missing one skillpoint. No dev comment

• Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SilverWF wrote: »
    1 SP is a BIG deal? Are you serious?

How about last of the Mage Guild quest? If you choose a book (and not save Valaste) you would get 2 SPs and zero if save her (if nothing has changed here since release)

I maybe wrong, but weren't some players upset over this too because they could potentially "miss out" on 2 SPs? Granted, this was more likely before my time, but I had heard this from former players.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cardhwion wrote: »
    Enslaved wrote: »
    I find this disturbing. I would love to get all possible skill points on all of my chars. People who find this not an issue, the door is that way.

It is quite easy - if it is an issue for you, roll new characters. If it is not an issue for you, keep your old chars. I really don't see the point in all the whining.

So, your solution is to delete years of progress. Such a helpful lad.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SilverWF wrote: »
    1 SP is a BIG deal? Are you serious?

How about last of the Mage Guild quest? If you choose a book (and not save Valaste) you would get 2 SPs and zero if save her (if nothing has changed here since release)

You have a choice there so not comparable
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also still an issue zos
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not even acknowledged yet
  • zergbase_ESO
    zergbase_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Due lack response devs might not care honestly just grasping at straws at this point.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Due lack response devs might not care honestly just grasping at straws at this point.
    Given that they said on ESO Live that it wasn't intended, and wasn't supposed to even make it to Live, they presumably do care, but now that it has made it to Live their original plan to address it is no longer an option.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • ChildOfLight
    ChildOfLight
    ✭✭✭
    I find this disturbing. I would love to get all possible skill points on all of my chars. People who find this not an issue, the door is that way.

It is quite easy - if it is an issue for you, roll new characters. If it is not an issue for you, keep your old chars. I really don't see the point in all the whining.

So, your solution is to delete years of progress. Such a helpful lad.

Pretty much this.

There are some ppl that have spent over 100 actual days playing a single one character.

From my perspective it's quite "weird" those players can't achieve everything the game has to offer.

Rerolling is not an option for everyone.

Without considering that next year there will be another Chapter...
    So if this madness is not addressed and you want to be a full completitioninst, you have just the period between 2 chapters to do all the legwork. Otherwise you are cut off 1 skill point all the times.
    PC EU

Ross Campano - Imperial Dragonknight - Tanks and steals stuff from barrels
  • ChuckyPayne
    ChuckyPayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have a similar post (1-2 years old) with Mage Guild quest. My Main have one less (and now two less) skill point. It even annoyed me very. After 1-2 years I learned to accept things I do not care :)

ZOS have no time for everything. 1 skill point IMO low priority. More important Battleground (new content, new system) doesn't work very well.

Honesty? ESO veterans with more than 1 character? ~ a few thousand, Almost all old players left the game. The newcomers will have the +1 skill points :)
    Edited by ChuckyPayne on June 20, 2017 10:19AM
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    aliyavana wrote: »
    morrowind created characters that can access the tutorial will have a skillpoint more than non morrowind characters.

And characters that skipped the tutorial before had an extra skill point. Think about it. You started a character, when through the intro, and every time you leveled up you got a skillpoint. So you get out of Cold Harbor around 4th level, having leveled up 3 times and you have 3 skillpoints. meanwhile characters that "skipped the tutorial" end up at level 3 with 3 skillpoints so the are one ahead.

This actually sort of evens things out
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • ChildOfLight
    ChildOfLight
    ✭✭✭
    I have a similar post (1-2 years old) with Mage Guild quest. My Main have one less (and now two less) skill point. It even annoyed me very. After 1-2 years I learned to accept things I do not care :)

ZOS have no time for everything. 1 skill point IMO low priority. More important Battleground (new content, new system) doesn't work very well.

Honesty? ESO veterans with more than 1 character? ~ a few thousand, Almost all old players left the game. The newcomers will have the +1 skill points :)

If you are referring to the "The Mad God's Bargain" quest where:
    you have 2 different output from your decisions and If you save Valaste you lost access to 2 skillpoints

that's all different kind of matters. It's a totally working as intended feature and from my perspective a good design choice.
    One of the few if not the unique quest step where I feel your decisions actually have an impact on your character and the environment around him.

What we are discussing here, instead, is not intended (AKA Bug) at least from what they said during one of the ESO live events .

Pre-Morrowind characters are cut off 1 skill point, apparently. No matter what.
    Edited by ChildOfLight on June 20, 2017 10:31AM
    PC EU

• ChildOfLight
    ChildOfLight
    ✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    morrowind created characters that can access the tutorial will have a skillpoint more than non morrowind characters.

And characters that skipped the tutorial before had an extra skill point. Think about it. You started a character, when through the intro, and every time you leveled up you got a skillpoint. So you get out of Cold Harbor around 4th level, having leveled up 3 times and you have 3 skillpoints. meanwhile characters that "skipped the tutorial" end up at level 3 with 3 skillpoints so the are one ahead.

This actually sort of evens things out

Not sure if I got you. But this should clerify you the actual state of things:

Character who plays the Morrowind Tutorial
    1 Skill Point for Level 1 > 2.
    1 Skill Point for Level 2 > 3.
    1 Skill Point for Quest Completion "Broken Bonds".
    1 Skill Point for Quest Completion "Soul Shriven in Coldharbour".

Total: 4

Character who skips the Morrowind Tutorial
    2 Skill Points for immediate Level 3.
    1 Skill Point for skipped tutorial.

Total: 4

Existing, pre-Morrowind Character
    1 Skill Point for Level 1 > 2.
    1 Skill Point for Level 2 > 3.

Total: 3

Existing, pre-Morrowind Character who skipped the tutorial
    2 Skill Points for immediate Level 3.
    1 Skill Point for skipped tutorial.

Total: 3
    PC EU

• Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Annoying af
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Okay, so I should reroll my AR49 (almost AR50) Templar with all my achievement points, including some of the hardest trial ones because ZoS has decided that people with mains already can't get a skill point that shouldn't be cut off from people in the first place.

That logic is ridiculous.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Skjoldur
    Skjoldur
    ✭✭✭
    Don't let it hit your rear on the way out. This is not a meeting of obsessive compulsives anonymous.

Door was meant for you.
  • PS4_ZeColmeia
    PS4_ZeColmeia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rouven wrote: »
    Oh boo hoo. 1 point is insignificant. There are more important things for ZoS to do.

I beg to disagree. I do everything on 1 character with 314 skill points. I NEED the rest of my pvp skill points (13), the 8 from morrowind and this 1 point to finally have a few more options on my character for playing my style and access to every key (not all by any means) skills.

If you're alt happy then yes, you don't need this 1 skill point because you probably level through the main storyline and are fine to do the specific role, but for those of us who are not the skill point is important.

Not trying to put you personally on the spot, but coincidentally you are touching on my previous post here. Which other skill points are you missing aside from the PvP ones and the new ones? It seems there are a good 40 that could be available to you. Personally for myself I don't even calculate the PvP, that's like the cherry on top. (Yes I am alt-happy btw).

So I've gotten a few more since I posted this I now have 337 points due to some PvP ranks and everything but HoF in Morrowind. I think I'm rank 8 in PvP now so i have 42 + 1 in HoF available now. To add back in healing (which I spec'ed out so I could PvP better) I need 29 more skill points which is 18 from resto staff, 4 from support, and then a few more damage skills I'd like to pick up for a few other build set ups.
    PSN: ***___Chan (3 _s)
    Hybrid, All-Role NB
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They don't care about the issue
  • Slack
    Slack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A whole *** skill point?
    How the hell am I supposed to make a decent medium armor, shield holding - resto staff healing master crafter alchemist now!
    PC EU
    Betty Breeze - Magwarden
    Hunts S'hitblades - Stamplar
    Aschavi - Magplar
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slack wrote: »
    A whole *** skill point?
    How the hell am I supposed to make a decent medium armor, shield holding - resto staff healing master crafter alchemist now!

• Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A whole *** skill point?

• Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A whole *** skill point?

• Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The things people complain about..

Ikr! Screw me for having a playstyle different from yours!

This topic was about playstyle? Lol

Nah you're talking about 1 skill point to the 330 you're given. That's not a playstyle that's obsessing over the ridiculous.

What is ridiculous is you are not caring for the completionist playstyle you dammed swit. 1 skill point is a part of the content I paid for. I'm a pver but I can't say battlegrounds are redundant because it's not my playstyle. The skillpoint clearly affects completionists did you read my op?
    Edited by Aliyavana on June 21, 2017 1:33AM
  • elantaura
    elantaura
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have 340 ish and care about 1 as well. It adds to versatility, it might be a hireling, a sword and shield skill on a dps to tank on a dps. A faster res in cyro, the ability to bite a friend on a vamp. A DB skill to ride through adds without being dismounted. More items to fence, It all adds up. Id like to max skills not considered as important on my main.

I've prioritised of course, and yes I do have a lot of skills. But why should I be disadvantaged over a newer player, out of maxing my lines Just ,because I've played longer - that makes no sense.
    Edited by elantaura on June 21, 2017 2:06AM
    PS4 EU 1200+ cp - I enjoy RP, Housing, PVE and PVP

• Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still an issue
  • Bombashaman
    Bombashaman
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS, fix it. Unless it is intentional.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS, fix it. Unless it is intentional.

:(
  • aisriyth_ESO
    aisriyth_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Any word on this? I makes me hate playing my pre-morrowind chars :/
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @ZOS_GinaBruno could we get an update on this please? You said on ESO Live during PTS that it wasn't supposed to happen, but it still went live anyway. Thanks!
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp