Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

1 year later, characters created before Morrowind missing one skillpoint. No dev comment

• ChildOfLight
    ChildOfLight
    ✭✭✭
    I am upping this thread to know if it's still an issue.

Any news? Eso Live came in the meanwhile.

Did someone talk about this topic?
    PC EU

Ross Campano - Imperial Dragonknight - Tanks and steals stuff from barrels
  • ChuckyPayne
    ChuckyPayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    You are persistent :)
    Would you be campaigning for other bugs too? There are some more important bugs.
  • ChildOfLight
    ChildOfLight
    ✭✭✭
    I have a similar post (1-2 years old) with Mage Guild quest. My Main have one less (and now two less) skill point. It even annoyed me very. After 1-2 years I learned to accept things I do not care :)

ZOS have no time for everything. 1 skill point IMO low priority. More important Battleground (new content, new system) doesn't work very well.

Honesty? ESO veterans with more than 1 character? ~ a few thousand, Almost all old players left the game. The newcomers will have the +1 skill points :)
    You are persistent :)
    Would you be campaigning for other bugs too? There are some more important bugs.

Again with this? DId you read the answers before resubmit the same identical concept?

Battleground queue waiting delay is something actually absolutely BEARABLE.

What is not, is a non-intended-feature that prevents me from obtaining every content the game has to offer.
    PC EU

• drakhan2002_ESO
    drakhan2002_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No response from @ZOS_JessicaFolsom or @ZOS_GinaBruno ? Respectfully, inquiring players would like to know the direction here!
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No response from @ZOS_JessicaFolsom or @ZOS_GinaBruno ? Respectfully, inquiring players would like to know the direction here!

They havnt even commented on this issue
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't care about being a completionist.

What I care about is running out of skill points. Which happens all the time.

Also, think about the <50 PvP. New characters get a SP advantage when SP are still at a premium. That is an additional passive, which can matter in a fight.

Some people with thoughtlessly say, "well, you can grind skyshards to get that extra SP". Yeah, so can the player who got the extra in the tutorial. And they continue to stay ahead.

Regardless of all of this, the people who try to discount this are making a pointless argument. Most bugs can be disregarded in that way.
  • ChildOfLight
    ChildOfLight
    ✭✭✭

Regardless of all of this, the people who try to discount this are making a pointless argument. Most bugs can be disregarded in that way.

Totally agree with these ones. I just checked the last EsoLive and it seems none raised the topic. Other issues were addressed, but none talked about this one specifically.
    PC EU

• PS4_ZeColmeia
    PS4_ZeColmeia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    elantaura wrote: »
    I have 340 ish and care about 1 as well. It adds to versatility, it might be a hireling, a sword and shield skill on a dps to tank on a dps. A faster res in cyro, the ability to bite a friend on a vamp. A DB skill to ride through adds without being dismounted. More items to fence, It all adds up. Id like to max skills not considered as important on my main.

I've prioritised of course, and yes I do have a lot of skills. But why should I be disadvantaged over a newer player, out of maxing my lines Just ,because I've played longer - that makes no sense.

^^^^ this guy gets it
    PSN: ***___Chan (3 _s)
    Hybrid, All-Role NB
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No response from ZOS_JessicaFolsom or ZOS_GinaBruno ? Respectfully, inquiring players would like to know the direction here!
    I think it's reasonable to assume at this point that nothing is going to be done about it any time soon. Stopping the quest from giving XP before launch was one thing, but now that players have been getting this extra skill point, something else is going to have to be done, and something somewhere will need to be completely redesigned. I'm going to start a separate thread with a possible solution, since that thread will also include a couple of other tweaks to the quests.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wasn't even mentioned in the patch notes
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The lack of response is dissapointing since this is a issue since morrowind's beta
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aliyavana wrote: »
    Still a problem
    At this point what exactly are you even expecting? They know it's an issue and we know they're clearly not doing anything about it any time soon.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Still a problem
    At this point what exactly are you even expecting? They know it's an issue and we know they're clearly not doing anything about it any time soon.

It's unacceptable that were already going to the next dlc and no dev response has been said since the eso live and it seems they want to put this under the rug
    Edited by Aliyavana on July 17, 2017 9:17PM
  • Zalicius
    Zalicius
    ✭✭✭
    Write a support ticket. I'm sure they'll get right on it.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zalicius wrote: »

HAHA, since beta and now...
  • Zalicius
    Zalicius
    ✭✭✭

Not that I'm knocking the issue, but I believe there are some other issues that take precedence over 1 skill point missing. Like the server instability issues and of course people need their new pets and frilly new costumes, and are you sure we didn't get a skill point after doing the initial tutorial? If we did, and can still do all of Vvardenfell, there's really no problem.

clean up
    Edited by Zalicius on July 17, 2017 9:26PM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still missing one expansion and dlc later
    Edited by Aliyavana on August 14, 2017 1:18PM
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Not that I'm knocking the issue, but I believe there are some other issues that take precedence over 1 skill point missing. Like the server instability issues and of course people need their new pets and frilly new costumes, and are you sure we didn't get a skill point after doing the initial tutorial? If we did, and can still do all of Vvardenfell, there's really no problem.

clean up

Normally I don't care for these kinds of comments but the reality is that trying to credit old characters with the additional skillpoint can easily lead to a mess. The only real solution is to add an additional skillpoint for both intros to grant for all characters and to credit old characters who missed the Morrowind skillpoint before the fix. That second part does require some care and there are more important fixes to take care of.

I really could use an additional skill points on my main tank. He is my main crafter, and tanks need the option to do things other than tank when not in groups. He is also my achievement ***, which means he does all my selling of stolen goods and benefits from DLC guild skill lines. But this bug is obviously not something to prioritize unless it is really low hanging fruit.
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Still missing one expansion and dlc later

Agreed, but Zeb, how the hell do I have more skillpoints than tou do? ;)

If i'm considered a completionist, than Im a lazy one at best. I do want that damn point tho. I've gotten every point in the game except like 3 or 4 trials, and a couple pvp ones, and i have them all invested.
  • ChuckyPayne
    ChuckyPayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any news?

I did a big mistake with my main I don't choosed that mage guild book, lost 2 skill point, it was a long road until I accept this :( After it 1 more skill point loss much easily acceptable, but!!!!

I just tried Urich's Skill Point Finder and there I see with all character a red line:
    Morrowing Character 0/1 earned skill point.

With the 2nd chapter we will see 1 more uncollectable skill point?

... if we will lose skill points with every chapter that would be not good.
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any news?

I did a big mistake with my main I don't choosed that mage guild book, lost 2 skill point, it was a long road until I accept this :( After it 1 more skill point loss much easily acceptable, but!!!!

I just tried Urich's Skill Point Finder and there I see with all character a red line:
    Morrowing Character 0/1 earned skill point.

With the 2nd chapter we will see 1 more uncollectable skill point?

... if we will lose skill points with every chapter that would be not good.

You missed 2 skills but you did the right thing, you saved that ugly altmer geek, oh wait...
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    almost one year later and still hasn't been acknowledged by the devs at all. Zos id atleast love a response that says we are looking into it or this is not possible to fix, can we make a ticket or can you make the quest available to us?
    Edited by Aliyavana on February 23, 2018 7:57AM
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I feel sorry for completionists. Man what a pain you guys have to endure. A true completionist probably also wants every item available in the crownstore and crates. And man, what if a completionist hates PvP. That's a load of titles and skillpoints they will miss out on.

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Knootewoot wrote: »
    I feel sorry for completionists. Man what a pain you guys have to endure. A true completionist probably also wants every item available in the crownstore and crates. And man, what if a completionist hates PvP. That's a load of titles and skillpoints they will miss out on.

if sarcasm, your sarcasm is very hostile, a wallet warrior would get triggered by not having every crown mount but with the edition of radiant apex mounts theres no point in doing that at all... the definition of a completionist varies and to me a completionist applies most to things earnable ingame without breaking your irl wallet... To me this matters as I DID NOT have the option to miss this skillpoint by choice
    Edited by Aliyavana on February 23, 2018 8:06AM
  • makreth
    makreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    do you get the skill point if you skip tutorial?
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread made me feel old. :anguished:

It's crazy to think this is still an issue though. I would have thought they would find a way to address it by now.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no doubt your concern is known to development.

I will say: this is in no way a real issue and in no way should be made a priority by development. They have far more important things to worry about. And gauging their responses thus far thankfully they are doing just that.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still support this thread. >:) Even though it's a necro.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rev Rielle wrote: »
    There is no doubt your concern is known to development.

I will say: this is in no way a real issue and in no way should be made a priority by development. They have far more important things to worry about. And gauging their responses thus far thankfully they are doing just that.

I understand this, but I atleast want the devs to acknowledge if this is fixable or not.
    makreth wrote: »
    do you get the skill point if you skip tutorial?

yes
  • Titansteele
    Titansteele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that it is plain to see that the view that seems to have offended completionists in this thread has been shared by ZOS.

I am not going to say that makes the view right nor am I going to say it is wrong. Personally I am not losing any sleep over this skillpoint and I really struggle to relate to the individuals who are.

I respect people who are willing to fight for what they believe in but sometimes the juice is simply not worth the squeeze.
    Guild Leader of The Twelve Knights, AD PVE, PVP and Trading Guild on the EU Mega Server

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger"