The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

KodiPvP, how does he do it?

• Mazbt
    Mazbt
    ✭✭✭✭
    lol people are so salty when they die. So much ego.
    Mazari the Resurrected (AD)- PVP stamplar main
    Maz the Druid - PVP group stam warden
    - many others
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure why anyone would be happy to see this guy go. Kodi is a great player and has done a lot for the pvp community. I have seen him win and I have seen him lose and in both cases he was always respectful and not toxic. His ban was not for cheating. I'll let him say why if he feels like it.

I for one am sad to hear this even though Kodi has wrecked me on more than one occasion.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    FYI, last I knew you could try to log into someones account and even if the password is wrong it will say the account has been banned. Idk if they fixed it or not, but easy test
  • NishBoyNish
    NishBoyNish
    Soul Shriven
    #FreeKodi
  • BroanBeast1215
    BroanBeast1215
    ✭✭✭
    ooo

IN.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dreth wrote: »
    Not sure why anyone would be happy to see this guy go. Kodi is a great player and has done a lot for the pvp community. I have seen him win and I have seen him lose and in both cases he was always respectful and not toxic. His ban was not for cheating. I'll let him say why if he feels like it.

I for one am sad to hear this even though Kodi has wrecked me on more than one occasion.

Yeah, I'm totally sure that any action was taken because he was caught being too cool and giving away free gold to orphans. amirite?

You can check the Twitter page if curious as to why. Surprised me.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know somebody who gets “permabanned” every time finals, midterms, or spring break happens.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yeah, I'm totally sure that any action was taken because he was caught being too cool and giving away free gold to orphans. amirite?

You can check the Twitter page if curious as to why. Surprised me.

In truth, I'm only going by what I was messaged. I don't really know anything, but I'm sure it will be for a reason that makes zero sense and seems innocent (when anyone that can think will know otherwise).
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of streamers are guilty of doing what was supposedly occuring in this case.

But I said it before and I'll say it again, one player doesn't matter
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Gamerscape2007
    Gamerscape2007
    ✭✭✭✭
    A lot of streamers are guilty of doing what was supposedly occuring in this case.

What you don't get is, Sure, they're just one person. But that one person had a voice. Regardless whatever or not you agree with it. You have to acknowledge the fact that these Eso streamers had a lot of people supporting them. People like Sypher, Fengrush, Or even Kodi, had rolemodels that looked up to them. Whatever problem they had, The people who looked up to them will help voice that streamer's concern. And you have to realize that they contribute a lot for this game. Hell, If it wasn't for Fengrush beating that AOE Cap horse to no end, we wouldn't have gotten it in the first place.

Now look, Barely any of the well known streamers are playing eso now. Sypher just recently moved on from eso to focus on Fortnite now. Fengrush, I mean sure, he still plays, but not as often as he used to anymore. Even Deltia eventually reached his limit and focused away from eso to better his life. He's back now, sure. But for how much longer?

These voices are just vanishing, and it's because of the questionably poor choices Zos had made over the years. And once every streamer/youtuber is gone, we're all headless chickens roaming around hoping someone can help us voice our concern.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What you don't get is, Sure, they're just one person. But that one person had a voice. Regardless whatever or not you agree with it. You have to acknowledge the fact that these Eso streamers had a lot of people supporting them. People like Sypher, Fengrush, Or even Kodi, had rolemodels that looked up to them. Whatever problem they had, The people who looked up to them will help voice that streamer's concern. And you have to realize that they contribute a lot for this game. Hell, If it wasn't for Fengrush beating that AOE Cap horse to no end, we wouldn't have gotten it in the first place.

Now look, Barely any of the well known streamers are playing eso now. Sypher just recently moved on from eso to focus on Fortnite now. Fengrush, I mean sure, he still plays, but not as often as he used to anymore. Even Deltia eventually reached his limit and focused away from eso to better his life. He's back now, sure. But for how much longer?

These voices are just vanishing, and it's because of the questionably poor choices Zos had made over the years. And once every streamer/youtuber is gone, we're all headless chickens roaming around hoping someone can help us voice our concern.

I don't like streamers, I have had direct arguments with Fengrush. I hate how they pander superiority and there's always a crowd to buy into it.

I respect alcast for example, but I wouldn't say he's better than the majority of the players I know. This "Lord" stuff has to go.

So, no, I don't feel like any one player matters more than any other. Especially when it comes to enforcing rules equally
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And once every streamer/youtuber is gone, we're all headless chickens roaming around hoping someone can help us voice our concern.

I've been here for over 4 years and not once have i thought to myself:
    "Self, i really wish there was a streamer that could voice my concerns for me!"

confused24.gif
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

SirAndy wrote: »
    And once every streamer/youtuber is gone, we're all headless chickens roaming around hoping someone can help us voice our concern.

confused24.gif

I've never really bought into the "streamers have something important to say" thing.

90% of them are self interested and that's it. They would burn the game to the ground if it would help them personally.

I have my doubts about the integrity of many streamers. They have nothing to lose and everything to gain by using any and all methods to "get ahead". Little K is probably on a new account already.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Selling gold is makes him no better than a gold farmer... So good riddance?
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hell, If it wasn't for Fengrush beating that AOE Cap horse to no end, we wouldn't have gotten it in the first place.

I think you're really reaching here. I know that they have a voice, but giving credit to one streamer for getting aoe caps removed is inaccurate.
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »

confused24.gif

If you leave I will simply die inside.
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't like streamers, I have had direct arguments with Fengrush. I hate how they pander superiority and there's always a crowd to buy into it.

I respect alcast for example, but I wouldn't say he's better than the majority of the players I know. This "Lord" stuff has to go.

So, no, I don't feel like any one player matters more than any other. Especially when it comes to enforcing rules equally

The lord thing it's what makes him unique. It's a persona, just like DrDisrespect. If you don't like it nobody forces you to watch him just so you can say that it "has to go". I for one like watching him as it's an entertaining watch, despite what I think of his personal skill.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dilly Dilly!
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Dreth
    Dreth
    ✭✭✭
    Wow. The levels of salt here are ridiculous. You guys THAT mad he 1vX'ed you?

Sucks that being a community contributer gets you this much hate around here.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the ESO streamers that are so influential actually care about the game and want to make a difference, I expect them to actually respect the rule of the game. Like any other players, they suffer the consequences of breaking the rules.

Its like any celebrity endorsement. The value of their endorsement depends on their skill AND keeping their nose clean.

The community is stronger when they respect the game they play.
  • Gamerscape2007
    Gamerscape2007
    ✭✭✭✭
    If the ESO streamers that are so influential actually care about the game and want to make a difference, I expect them to actually respect the rule of the game. Like any other players, they suffer the consequences of breaking the rules.

Its like any celebrity endorsement. The value of their endorsement depends on their skill AND keeping their nose clean.

lmao. Should I remind you the time the devs of this game unbanned people who were using cheat engine at the time? If they can't perma ban cheater, then why should I respect their rules?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lmao. Should I remind you the time the devs of this game unbanned people who were using cheat engine at the time? If they can't perma ban cheater, then why should I respect their rules?

Apply that logic to your local police and see how far that takes you. You don't get to pick and choose which rules you'll respect. That leads to things like trials groups cheesing the final fight of ZOS' brand new trials and expecting a slap on the wrist.

ZOS gets to determine their own enforcement, just like the policeman you pass while speeding gets to decide if you going 5 miles over is going to result in you getting pulled over. You don't get to be like "I get to decide which rules I respect!" as a defense as a player of the game or as a driver.

I'm not looking to draw this analogy out any further. I understand that you don't respect ZOS because of their uneven enforcement, but how does that exempt you from following rules? For that matter, how does that exempt influential streamers from following the rules?
    Edited by VaranisArano on February 6, 2018 2:13PM
  • DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER
    DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #FREEKODI
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Apply that logic to your local police and see how far that takes you. You don't get to pick and choose which rules you'll respect. That leads to things like trials groups cheesing the final fight of ZOS' brand new trials and expecting a slap on the wrist.

ZOS gets to determine their own enforcement, just like the policeman you pass while speeding gets to decide if you going 5 miles over is going to result in you getting pulled over. You don't get to be like "I get to decide which rules I respect!" as a defense as a player of the game or as a driver.

I'm not looking to draw this analogy out any further. I understand that you don't respect ZOS because of their uneven enforcement, but how does that exempt you from following rules? For that matter, how does that exempt influential streamers from following the rules?

I would have just said that legal document you sign before playing eso thinks otherwise lol.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Gamerscape2007
    Gamerscape2007
    ✭✭✭✭
    And remember when that streamer got banned for being a jackass and thinking they were exempt from the rules?

You bet, Gamerscape, "Game's dying, everyone's leaving, and ZoS will have to close their front doors..."

*Soon (TM)*

He screwed up, blatantly and purposefully, and the consequence is being paid.

Move on...or don't. Either way, no one cares.
    #FREEKODI

EDIT: If you really stand with you're boy, quit the game and the forums. Put your money where you mouth is.

And What make you think I was defending him? What make you think I'm a fan of his? Are you people circle jerking about this so hard that anyone who disagree with you is a Kodi fan?

Let me put it like this. Maybe he should followed the rules, but I doubt he even cares at this point about the rules of this game, if the idiots at ZOS can't even fix their game properly or even enforce their rules right. And who can blame him? I sure as hell don't. They only make changes when a PR Disaster is brewing. Every time. Otherwise, they'll turn a blind eye to whatever nonesense players are doing. (Looking at cheat engine.) Like, the only way to get these people to actually do something good is when people are sending death threats to their office. And I'm talking like 40-50% Of the community.

And to qoute jim steerling. "When the business is right, you can do no wrong, when the business is cold, you can do no right." This game isn't gonna die instantly. It's not an instant process. But it will eventually, mark my word.
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Seeing Kodi getting banned makes me sad. Even tho I only fought him a few times on PTS I did really enjoy fighting him and I hope that ZOS might reconsider that perma ban.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

I would have just said that legal document you sign before playing eso thinks otherwise lol.

Good point. I'm not 100% sure what the actual thing he did that got him banned (90% sure, but not 100%), so I'm trying to keep my comments general. Its definitely a situation where you don't get to "opt out" of the rules, whether that's the TOS of the game you agreed to when you play the game or the laws of society regardless of whether or not you "respect" the rulemaker.
    Edited by VaranisArano on February 6, 2018 3:17PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm fine with him making a new account.

Hopefully, he'll decide to respect the Terms of Service he agrees to when he starts that new account.
  • ZOS_Mika
    ZOS_Mika
    admin
    We have removed several comments because of bashing. Bashing of any individuals or groups, including ZeniMax Online Studios, violates our Community Rules. If this thread cannot remain civil and constructive, and bashing commentary continues, we will be forced to consider closing this discussion down.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • BroanBeast1215
    BroanBeast1215
    ✭✭✭
    Wow. The levels of salt here are ridiculous. You guys THAT mad he 1vX'ed you?

Sucks that being a community contributer gets you this much hate around here.

rofl nice strawman.

This discussion has been closed.