Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Maintenance Every Night

• SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If there is no maintenance tomorrow night yes then khajiit she is most tempted to post something angry demanding there is some.

In fact last week there was no maintenance on either Wednesday or Sunday. Most disgraceful yes!

Or if there was this one probably slept though it and did not notice.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »
    Blanco wrote: »
    Seri wrote: »
    I have not done research on which time truly has the least amount of people on in NA, but I would be surprised if it was night time because, that is the best time to play. At night.
    I assume you're mad because I proved the haters wrong by coming up with an OBJECTIVELY better maintenance time for the NA server of 6:00 AM PST / 9:00 AM EDT. The perfect time.

How can you say you objectively provided a better timeslot when all you have is the subjective anecdotal viewpoint that you feel that 3am pacific has more people online than other times. ZOS have population figures. They would know how many people are affected by a 6a-9a EDT maint slot vs a 9a-12p EDT slot.

That may be true but it is really shocking to me. I'm surprised so many people are able to play during the afternoon. How do you get money without a job? lol

trust me if I could play video games all day without having to work I'd probably take it. Many of you must be living 'the life' then.

Just completely mindblown - if you are ever in hospital in the middle of the night, who do you think would be caring for you? Robots? Or perhaps people who do a very valuable job but just happen to get home at lunchtime after a 12 hour shift and think the perfectly human thought "hmm, maybe after a long shift at work I will fire up a game and crack open a beer and kick back for 2 hours before I have to be in bed ready for my next shift of caring for people who don't value me because I am not at work in the afternoons?"

I am at liberty of largely being able to choose my own work hours, but that aside- the percentage of people working "graveyard" must be less than 5% of the work force.

It's not a sizeable demographic.

Dude working 'the graveyard' at 7/11 is not representative of the majority of people.

If you come home at noon, then fine. I guess you've earned some playtime but I can't imagine a sizeable population of ESO are '3rd shift' workers.
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maintenance Monday and Wednesday is every day now? Would have loved to see what your reaction would have been back in 2014 when maintenance was scheduled for two days a week on a regular basis.

So true. I remember those days. Also, they used to take the EU servers down at a different time than NA. Unfortunately for EU players this means that most maintenance now is done at times more favored for NA users. For example, this maintenance starts at 6 am for the US east coast when most are heading off to work.

I don't think they can do that now, back when they used to have different maintenance and patch times, NA and EU installs used to be separate (which was a right pain in the behind for anyone who played on both because it required the game to be installed twice, each install patched separately etc.) - now it is 1 client-side install for both servers, so patches physically can't happen at different times - unless you want to be unable to play for a lot longer because the game on your hard drive doesn't match the information from the servers. (Not a particularly technical explanation, but my best guess as to why maintenance is now simultaneous).

WoW has Australia servers using the NA client.

They have separate maintenance.

WoW also pushes hotfixes live, and the only time they patch is when the client needs an update as server end updates are done live without taking it down.

ZOS could learn from Blizzard.
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seri wrote: »
    I have not done research on which time truly has the least amount of people on in NA, but I would be surprised if it was night time because, that is the best time to play. At night.
    I assume you're mad because I proved the haters wrong by coming up with an OBJECTIVELY better maintenance time for the NA server of 6:00 AM PST / 9:00 AM EDT. The perfect time.

How can you say you objectively provided a better timeslot when all you have is the subjective anecdotal viewpoint that you feel that 3am pacific has more people online than other times. ZOS have population figures. They would know how many people are affected by a 6a-9a EDT maint slot vs a 9a-12p EDT slot.

That may be true but it is really shocking to me. I'm surprised so many people are able to play during the afternoon. How do you get money without a job? lol

trust me if I could play video games all day without having to work I'd probably take it. Many of you must be living 'the life' then.

Just completely mindblown - if you are ever in hospital in the middle of the night, who do you think would be caring for you? Robots? Or perhaps people who do a very valuable job but just happen to get home at lunchtime after a 12 hour shift and think the perfectly human thought "hmm, maybe after a long shift at work I will fire up a game and crack open a beer and kick back for 2 hours before I have to be in bed ready for my next shift of caring for people who don't value me because I am not at work in the afternoons?"

I am at liberty of largely being able to choose my own work hours, but that aside- the percentage of people working "graveyard" must be less than 5% of the work force.

Dude working 'the graveyard' at 7/11 is not representative of the majority of people.

If you come home at noon, then fine. I guess you've earned some playtime but I can't imagine a sizeable population of ESO are '3rd shift' workers.

It's a sizeable enough demographic that there would be riots if that workforce wasn't there. Go sell your insurance, do your 9-5 - if someone isn't caring for your granny/sister/child overnight in hospital, you'd be up in arms.

And why can't you imagine that ESO players are "3rd shift" workers? Is it because you think they have some different (lower?) social and economic status than you? Remember that next time you are in hospital.
    Edited by Epona222 on May 24, 2017 11:30AM
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Coggage
    Coggage
    ✭✭✭✭
    That may be true but it is really shocking to me. I'm surprised so many people are able to play during the afternoon.

Days off work, shift work and holidays would be the blindingly obvious answer to most people.

Edited by Coggage on May 24, 2017 11:31AM
  • DeadRune
    DeadRune
    ✭✭✭

You know who else isn't part of a sizeable demographic?

1 ) People who can choose their own work hours
    2 ) People who're playing at 1AM Pacific

You are literally not representative of the majority.
    Edited by DeadRune on May 24, 2017 11:34AM
    On my way to PC EU!
  • Aluiries
    Aluiries
    ✭✭✭
    It's not just about those who work nights. I am sure ZOS did was look at the time least people are playing across BOTH NA and EU. Which I believe is their chosen time slot. You're not the first or the last that has had their playtime affected. But you agreed to this when accepting the TOS. Which I am sure you actually did not read and just clicked accept.
    Roleplay Character - Caylee Vesari

'It all just disappears, doesn't it? Everything you are, gone in a moment, like breath on a mirror. Any moment now... He's a-comin'
  • Panomania
    Panomania
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why don't you tell me why I should spend hundreds of dollars on a game that can never be played?

Great point. You should immediately cut your losses and stop playing now. Plenty of other games out there for you to whine about....try and show some consideration next time and pick one no one gives a sheet about :neutral:

ZOS does the game the way they do the game. All in all it aint all that bad; I have seen one hell of lot worse, and in games far larger that draw far larger revenue. But.....if you dont like the way they maintain things, exits are clearly marked at the side of your screen in big, bold letters after you hit the "Escape" key. If the escape key is to confusing, reassign it before you log off forever to "End" if it makes you feel better.

Perhaps I expect too much from people....but you'd think that after all the time you claim to have spent in this game you'd know how things work. Just as in EVERY OTHER MMO I HAVE PLAYED SINCE 1999, during a major patch week I remind people I play with or in guilds I run to not plan anything major, because stuff happens when you are dealing with this complex of a program with this wide spread a player base on a near infinite variety of software and hardware configurations.

Expecting things to just fly smoothly after a major change like this is rather laughable, no matter what company is running the show. Again, seen worse from bigger and wealthier companies than ZOS.
    The opinions of others should always be heard, especially if they dont agree with your own! But you always reserve the right to laugh at them.
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DeadRune wrote: »

My point is that I believe a maintenance scheduling of 9:00 AM EDT would be better for everyone.

If you don't agree you're free to disagree.

But I just don't think having it at 1:00 AM so many days of the week is appropriate! why !
  • krismissee82
    krismissee82
    ✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    I've decided that OP is a troll, here to entertain us all during the maintenance.

This. I was sucked in and distracted from the laundry I'm not folding. I was certainly entertained.

1180794.jpg

Kaelindi - Stamblade
    Maelindi - Magblade
    Lindi - Magblade healer
    Lindi the Builder - Stamblade
    Lindi Stardust - Magplar
    PC NA
  • DeadRune
    DeadRune
    ✭✭✭
    My point is that I believe a maintenance scheduling of 9:00 AM EDT would be better for everyone.

But I just don't think having it at 1:00 AM so many days of the week is appropriate! why !

Answers:

There have been maintenance two days this week.
    Firstly, to provide you with content you didn't have access to before.
    Secondly, to apply a hotfix to the content, specifically Battlegrounds.

(If you don't have access to Morrowind and plan on purchasing on Monday, then this week's maintenance will make the transition smoother for you next week).

You signed the TOS agreeing to this - this means you agreed to be served on their terms.

Advice:

If you don't like it, don't play the game.

If you want the maintenance times to change, legitimately, contact ZOS through a support ticket as opposed to insulting people in the forums. Most of your replies have been defamatory or flaming, and because of this you stepped on the valid points you were trying to make.

I don't agree with your suggested maintenance times, but I also respect that you have your own opinion. Please practice respect for other's opinions when you disagree with them, in future.

On my way to PC EU!
  • Panomania
    Panomania
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also, consider this: ZOS is in this to make a buck. If that offends you then....well, there truly is no hope for you and no point even continuing the conversation, but I will be generous and give you the benefit of the doubt.

That being said....from purely a business standpoint, which makes more sense for your bottom line and for the game in general: bringing in your team during regular normal pay business hours to run the updates, monitor any unsuspected issues and fix them on the fly, then when things are back up and running again (before prime play time) deal with any catastrophic issues THEN, when you have a full team on hand and normal payroll concerns.....or do it at a time that may cause you to spend more in payroll, pull more people out of bed to come fix major issues when they would normally be off work....and or find these surprise issues during a time when the vast majority of your playerbase is expecting to be able to log in and play?
    The opinions of others should always be heard, especially if they dont agree with your own! But you always reserve the right to laugh at them.
  • Aluiries
    Aluiries
    ✭✭✭

So 9am EDT... Good one... That's 3pm my time. That means that every maintenance will cut into the prime time for EU... Well played.

'It all just disappears, doesn't it? Everything you are, gone in a moment, like breath on a mirror. Any moment now... He's a-comin'
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aluiries wrote: »

So 9am EDT... Good one... That's 3pm my time. That means that every maintenance will cut into the prime time for EU... Well played.

Well played.... I have already said EU and NA need to be serviced at different times doing it at the same time makes absolutely no sense.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is there maintenance seemingly every night now?

Maintenance for the 4th or 5th time in a month is very far from every night. Very off base and highly incorrect to characterize it in this manner.

@Panomania in his post 2 down from here may be on to something.
    Edited by idk on May 24, 2017 11:52AM
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Nope. Screws over an entire megaserver.
  • Panomania
    Panomania
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've decided that OP is a troll, here to entertain us all during the maintenance.

Damn! That makes a lot of sense. Ya got me, Blanco! I fell for it!

Well played, sir.
  • Aluiries
    Aluiries
    ✭✭✭

Well played.... I have already said EU and NA need to be serviced at different times doing it at the same time makes absolutely no sense.

And if you have read what we've posted before, you would know that the servers cannot not be serviced at different times, due to client side patching.

• Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Panomania wrote: »

Damn! That makes a lot of sense. Ya got me, Blanco! I fell for it!

Well played, sir.

There's no troll here, just someone who opposes the frequency of server downtime for perfectly valid reasons.
  • AdreannaDrea
    AdreannaDrea
    Soul Shriven
    Oh my world.

So, I'm sitting over here in the UK, on my last day of freedom before I go back to work tomorrow.
    It's like, quarter to one in the afternoon. Partner gets home at 5, at which point we'll make dinner, eat together and just generally hang out with each other - you know, kick back, play minecraft or watch breaking bad or whatever.

Which means that my personal alone time, where I get to grind games mercilessly without talking to anyone, drinking coke zero, and maybe only moving to make a coffee or go to the bathroom is being 'cut into' by this maintenance.

And you know what? I don't care. Like, yes, I'm 'mildly' inconvenienced, sat over here, at home, with no work today and no actual plan for the next four hours. I would like to play my character and have fun. But they just~ released a new expansion, and hey, I'd rather the game was fixed and playable for everyone so that /everyone/ can have fun.

I 'can' go and play other games. Or just wait the hour or so we have left until it's back up. It's not the worst.
  • Sikthlight08xz
    So.. Any ETA?
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh my world.

So, I'm sitting over here in the UK, on my last day of freedom before I go back to work tomorrow.
    It's like, quarter to one in the afternoon. Partner gets home at 5, at which point we'll make dinner, eat together and just generally hang out with each other - you know, kick back, play minecraft or watch breaking bad or whatever.

Which means that my personal alone time, where I get to grind games mercilessly without talking to anyone, drinking coke zero, and maybe only moving to make a coffee or go to the bathroom is being 'cut into' by this maintenance.

And you know what? I don't care. Like, yes, I'm 'mildly' inconvenienced, sat over here, at home, with no work today and no actual plan for the next four hours. I would like to play my character and have fun. But they just~ released a new expansion, and hey, I'd rather the game was fixed and playable for everyone so that /everyone/ can have fun.

I 'can' go and play other games. Or just wait the hour or so we have left until it's back up. It's not the worst.

That's fine. And I feel it's best to take action.

Making your voice heard is the only way that you can ever have any influence.

This thread is to spread awareness about what's happening
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Unfortunately they can't - myself and other people have already replied to this point - BECAUSE THE CLIENT SIDE INSTALL IS THE SAME FOR NA AND EU, HENCE THEY CANNOT DO THE SERVER MAINTENANCES/PATCHES AT DIFFERENT TIMES.

Sorry for yelling, explaining this over and over is starting to feel a bit like ramming my head into a brick wall until my brains spill out.

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • OverdriveA
    OverdriveA
    Soul Shriven
    I really dream of a situation where software is released 100% done one day. Maybe the introduction of AI will make it so, since humans are never able to create flawless code and guarantee 99,9% server uptime in any game.

On a separate thought, maybe someone should create a hardcore game where only a few hours per week are playable. The rest is just maintenance, because that's what the gamers are for - to pay for something they cannot use when they please, and to be treated as testers all the time.
    Edited by OverdriveA on May 24, 2017 11:57AM
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Unfortunately they can't - myself and other people have already replied to this point - BECAUSE THE CLIENT SIDE INSTALL IS THE SAME FOR NA AND EU, HENCE THEY CANNOT DO THE SERVER MAINTENANCES/PATCHES AT DIFFERENT TIMES.

Sorry for yelling, explaining this over and over is starting to feel a bit like ramming my head into a brick wall until my brains spill out.

What I am saying is I disagree with this in principle. lol
    Edited by Betsararie on May 24, 2017 11:58AM
  • Darcwolf
    Darcwolf
    ✭✭✭
    Gotta love the mindless sheep defending ZOS over this, have any of you every tried Guild Wars 2? Tell me how often their servers go down for maintenance, then also tell me how much money they have compared to ZOS to keep those servers up. This is like defending companies that take days to refund you when companies like Amazon has proven it is possible to provide you a refund and have it hit your bank instantly.
  • wahoozie
    wahoozie
    ✭✭✭
    I'd gladly take this over one patch every 3-4 months. Sorry it's during some primetime for people though =/
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

What I am saying is I disagree with this in principle. lol

You can disagree with it in principle as much as you like, it's the straight up reality that THEY CANNOT DO THEM SEPARATELY - LIVE WITH IT.

• Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darcwolf wrote: »
    Gotta love the mindless sheep defending ZOS over this, have any of you every tried Guild Wars 2? Tell me how often their servers go down for maintenance, then also tell me how much money they have compared to ZOS to keep those servers up. This is like defending companies that take days to refund you when companies like Amazon has proven it is possible to provide you a refund and have it hit your bank instantly.

hmm is this the 2nd logical person to respond to this thread?

Too many sheep and pacifists more than willing to let ZOS have servers down for as long as they wish. As if the frequency of maintenance in general and especially this week isn't ridiculous. Oh, silly people...
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    wahoozie wrote: »
    I'd gladly take this over one patch every 3-4 months. Sorry it's during some primetime for people though =/

You, sir or madam, deserve an awesome, because this is hands down one of the most sensible posts I've seen on this thread - pragmatism with a decent acknowledgement of timezones, work schedules etc etc. - and no I am not joking.
    Edited by Epona222 on May 24, 2017 12:04PM

This discussion has been closed.