✭✭
    center-universe.jpg
    love is love
    Options
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe you should see this unexpected downtime as a gift, and use the time to call a therapist and talk through your irrational anger issues.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    Options
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It is 12:00 (24h system) on EU... a maintenance in the middle of the day.... WTF ?!
    Cnxliu1UsAATGj9.jpg

-edit- that made me think of KISS...

5nSSCy6.png
    Edited by Runs on May 24, 2017 10:35AM
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
    Options
  • Seri
    Seri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Blanco wrote: »
    service the servers separately... problem solved. Why is that impossible for a company as large as ZOS?

All that money and they can't even do *that* ??

Give me a break. Give me. a. break.

Here on the west coast we are getting screwed by the scheduling of the maintenance.
    Based on the old maintenance windows, the NA servers would be going down basically at this time anyway, while the EU maint was performed late night/early morning for EU.

As an Aussie being affected by this, I'm still going to admit that despite your claims of 'tons of people' being online now, it's actually the least populated timeslot of the game.
    EP CP160+ Templar, Sorc, NB
    DC CP160+ Templar, Sorc, DK
    Options
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh and when that's said. What about the people who work nightshifts? If it would be maintenance mid-afternoon, even if they would live in your time-zone: They wouldn't be able to play.

Oh wait, as long as you get to play it doesn't matter how everyone else feels right?

And this ^ agree completely: my husband often works nights and since I'm retired I tend to fit in around his schedule - I get utterly sick of people who think the only valuable employment is 9-5 Monday to Friday and if you're not at work then you're some sort of slacker - truth is, 9-5 works fine if your job is doing something that isn't protecting life (like insurance sales or admin in some office), but wouldn't work very well in a hospital where people need to be looked after around the clock, or for fire services "oh sorry your house is on fire in the middle of the night, but since all the best and most worthy people work 9-5 we clocked off 7 hours ago, good luck with your house". "Oh sorry, I couldn't care for you during the night after you had surgery, all the normal people clock off at 5pm don't you know, try not to get too much blood on the floor" etc. etc.

Sorry, bit of a rant there, there does appear to be a bit of an "if you don't work office hours Monday to Friday you're not pulling your weight" type attitude that *really* annoys the you know what out of me :D - And I quoted your post because it's good to see someone acknowledge those on sometimes difficult shift work.
    Edited by Epona222 on May 24, 2017 10:44AM
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
    Options
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Must have missed the daily maintenence OP, live in fantasy world much?

Rage much?, you do know you do not have to be here?

Right?

The game does not revolve round you OP, your daytime is anothers night time, time zones.

Adapt.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

Options
  • pattyLtd
    pattyLtd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahh so you are the one they base the time on to do unscheduled maintenance to fix game breaking isues..... interesting ;).

Seriously OP just accept it and if it helps you don't plan on playing the game at all for the next two weeks or so then you won't have to get all upset about it every time it happens. Frustration is understandable you as many others just want to play the game but nobody is giving you the short straw deliberatly. Get over yourself.
    English is not my native language, no grammar police please, tyvm
    Options
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »
    Oh and when that's said. What about the people who work nightshifts? If it would be maintenance mid-afternoon, even if they would live in your time-zone: They wouldn't be able to play.

Oh wait, as long as you get to play it doesn't matter how everyone else feels right?

And this ^ agree completely: my husband often works nights and since I'm retired I tend to fit in around his schedule - I get utterly sick of people who think the only valuable employment is 9-5 Monday to Friday and if you're not at work then you're some sort of slacker - truth is, 9-5 works fine if your job is doing something that isn't protecting life (like insurance sales or admin in some office), but wouldn't work very well in a hospital where people need to be looked after around the clock, or for fire services "oh sorry your house is on fire in the middle of the night, but since all the best and most worthy people work 9-5 we clocked off 7 hours ago, good luck with your house". "Oh sorry, I couldn't care for you during the night after you had surgery, all the normal people clock off at 5pm don't you know, try not to get too much blood on the floor" etc. etc.

Sorry, bit of a rant there, this "if you don't work office hours Monday to Friday you're not pulling your weight" type attitude *really* annoys the you know what out of me :D

This deserves an awesome. I wonder how disastrous things would be if everyone worked 9-5. :/
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure the A and B after the fullstops should be capitalised.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • kagorsa
    kagorsa
    ✭✭✭
    Where is dolly parton when you need her :).
    Barbed wire has so many uses. Please bear in mind I have writing Dyslexia & I use Grammarly to help me type.
    Options
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure the A and B after the fullstops should be capitalised.

Lol, or ask him where he would like his `break` >:):p
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

Options
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seri wrote: »
    service the servers separately... problem solved. Why is that impossible for a company as large as ZOS?

Here on the west coast we are getting screwed by the scheduling of the maintenance.
    Based on the old maintenance windows, the NA servers would be going down basically at this time anyway, while the EU maint was performed late night/early morning for EU.

As an Aussie being affected by this, I'm still going to admit that despite your claims of 'tons of people' being online now, it's actually the least populated timeslot of the game.

So I will say this for the NA SERVER , here in NA aka the U.S. we have PST and EDT which are 3 hours apart from eachother. Of course we have other time zones, such as central but no time zone is more than 3 hours apart from another... besides Hawaii... which nobody cares. It's an island with very few people

I have not done research on which time truly has the least amount of people on in NA, but I would be surprised if it was night time because, that is the best time to play. At night.

The optimal time for maintenance for NA (Not talking about EU, they should have their own schedule because their time zones are drastically different), would be somewhere closer to 6:00 AM Pacific. If you do 6:00 AM PST you are doing it when everyone is at work. I have to say that would be better for everyone.
    Options
  • Bringer
    Bringer
    ✭✭✭
    I told you guys BG would end up being a disaster but you didnt listen! First we have this 3 hour downtime to fix them, but before you know it... it'll be three weeks. Just you wait.
    Options
  • Coggage
    Coggage
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why don't you do it during the day when people are at work or ...

People who DO work and who are enjoying a day off might want to play as well. Plus, I'm not complaining even though that is the case. ;)
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So I will say this for the NA SERVER , here in NA aka the U.S. we have PST and EDT which are 3 hours apart from eachother. Of course we have other time zones, such as central but no time zone is more than 3 hours apart from another... besides Hawaii... which nobody cares. It's an island with very few people

I have not done research on which time truly has the least amount of people on in NA, but I would be surprised if it was night time because, that is the best time to play. At night.

The optimal time for maintenance for NA (Not talking about EU, they should have their own schedule because their time zones are drastically different), would be somewhere closer to 6:00 AM Pacific. If you do 6:00 AM PST you are doing it when everyone is at work. I have to say that would be better for everyone.
    Did you stop to remember that ZOS is on the East Coast and it might be done at times which are beneficial to their staff?
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • cellobuddy
    cellobuddy
    ✭✭✭
    As luck would have it, I had the opportunity of playing at various time slots since Vvardenfell went live. I can personally attest that this time slot was the emptiest by far(actually got to solo a world boss without a full group showing up and helping). They know what they're doing. They have usage logs to figure out what times bring the least inconvenience. Suck it up, buttercup. And go to bed. Kids need a lot of sleep; Screwing up your circadian rhythm doesn't help.
    PC NA
    Capped CP
    Breton Magsorc - Cellobuddy
    Argonian Magplar - Cellobuddyheals
    Altmer Magblade - Cellobuddysteals
    Dunmer MagDK - Cellobuddyburns
    Orsimer Stamsorc - Cellobuddyruns
    Redguard Stamplar - Cellobuddyjabs
    Khajiit StamDK - Cellobuddyslices
    Bosmer Stamblade - Cellobuddysnipes
    Altmer Magplar - Cellobuddybeams
    Nord DK - Cellobuddytanks
    Breton Magden - Cellobuddylistens
    Orsimer Stamden - Cellobuddyprotects
    Argonian Tankden - Cellobuddypaintswithwind

Not the best by any means, but I get the job done.
    Options
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since you're not listening to any of the rational responses here, let me try a more blunt approach:

Dude, shut up. Seriously.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    Options
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is there maintenance seemingly every night now?

It's unbelievable.

There is a midday in Russia...
    • PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 1k+
    • YouTube: All ESO disguises (2014)
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
    Options
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buggy game is unplayable
    Maintenance makes the game unplayable

I'd go with the lesser of 2 evils, even if it doesn't agree with my schedule
    SHADOW2KK wrote: »
    ..., live in fantasy world much?

Yeah, it's called Tamriel :p
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
    Options
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Did you stop to remember that ZOS is on the East Coast and it might be done at times which are beneficial to their staff?

No.

This did not factor into my thinking because it's not a factor.

We're the customer. We pay the money. They work for us. Not the other way around. lol

I assume you're mad because I proved the haters wrong by coming up with an OBJECTIVELY better maintenance time for the NA server of 6:00 AM PST / 9:00 AM EDT. The perfect time.
    Edited by Betsararie on May 24, 2017 10:51AM
    Options
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

No.

We're the customer. We pay the money. They work for us. Not the other way around. lol

tumblr_inline_op577jewmo1s1aq7j_540.gif
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
    Options
  • Coggage
    Coggage
    ✭✭✭✭

You're right. Thinking was definitely not a factor. :D

Options
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No.

I get that this is surprising to you but you should understand that what is surprising to me is someone caring what time their staff has to work. I don't really care if they have to get up a couple hours early if it makes the game better for everyone.
    Options
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    my point is please change it to during the day when people are at work

It IS during the day here in Britain.
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
    Options
  • ArterionAU
    ArterionAU
    ✭✭✭
    Gotta admit it's annoying having every maintenance at night my time. I'm Aussie and can only play at night, Logged on to play Morrowind before first chance I got since early access and it was being taken down in 10 minutes. Would be cool if they mixed the maintenance times up imo, It is what it is.
    Adalmor Devourer of All - Nord Dragonknight EP Tank
    Gah-Kaj-Mota - Argonian Warden EP Tank
    Soran Tailas - Breton Templar DC Healer
    Arterion Auduseus - High Elf Sorcerer AD Magsorc
    Ancarion Aeduseus - High Elf Templar AD Magplar
    Aonus Audeseus - High Elf Warden AD Magden
    Azarath T'rizain - Dark Elf Dragonknight EP MagDK
    Azaron the Dread Wolf - Dark Elf Night Blade EP MagBlade
    Azzan Ansei - Redguard Night Blade AD StamBlade
    Arius Artorious - Imperial Templar AD Stamplar
    Kayne Ansei - Redguard Warden DC Stamden
    Do'ashi Kharhan - Khajiit Sorcerer AD Werewolf Stamsorc
    Azah Ansei - Redguard Dragonknight EP StamDK
    Founder of the Victorious Brotherhood
    Bringer of Light I The Flawless Conqueror I Boethiah's Scythe | Dro m'athra Destroyer | Craglorn Trials Conqueror I Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor I Voice of Reason I Blackrose Executioner
    Options
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

No.

I get that this is surprising to you but you should understand that what is surprising to me is someone caring what time their staff has to work. I don't really care if they have to get up a couple hours early if it makes the game better for everyone.

vmoo3E9.gif
    You are a special kind of stupid, aren't you?
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No.

I assume you're mad because I proved the haters wrong by coming up with an OBJECTIVELY better maintenance time for the NA server of 6:00 AM PST / 9:00 AM EDT. The perfect time.

That's not how a service works, they provide a service as they desire, you choose if you want that service.
    Options
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coggage wrote: »

You're right. Thinking was definitely not a factor. :D

Maybe one day you'll understand that 6:00 AM is the time they should be doing maintenance. Objectively this is the best time to do it.

But according to you I'm not thinking?

No.

vmoo3E9.gif
    You are a special kind of stupid, aren't you?

I actually think you must be. :D
    Edited by Betsararie on May 24, 2017 10:56AM
    Options
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

No.

It's not the... *calm down Epona, no need for expletives*... emergency services. No one is going to die. No matter WHAT time maintenance happens, no matter WHAT time the servers are down.
    Edited by Epona222 on May 24, 2017 10:58AM
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
    Options
  • DeadRune
    DeadRune
    ✭✭✭
    I think at this point he's just trolling. That's like saying you can walk to your local store which only opens at 8am and demand they open at 3am because you want to buy some Mountain Dew to fuel your lack-of-game-induced rage.

@ZOS_GinaBruno Think some of these posts are getting out of hand? Shut it down or snip, mebbeh?
    On my way to PC EU!
    Options
This discussion has been closed.