Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Maintenance Every Night

Betsararie
Betsararie
✭✭✭✭✭
Why is there maintenance seemingly every night now?

It's unbelievable.

What about the people who play at night time I think there are a lot of us?

Why don't you do it during the day when people are at work or better yet, roll out content that is tested so we don't have to be in this constant state of maintenance.

I barely have any playtime because there is so much maintenance practically every day. And if it isn't maintenance it's a DDoS, or * add in excuse here why the servers are down this time*.

It's just unbelievable. What's the point of spending all this money on a game and expansions if the servers are always down.
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maintenance Monday and Wednesday is every day now? Would have loved to see what your reaction would have been back in 2014 when maintenance was scheduled for two days a week on a regular basis.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It depends on your time-zone though. I live in Europe and it's currently 12.12(24h system :^).
    I know Australians(If I understood another thread correctly) have primetime now and I'm guessing NA also have their nightly adventures about now.

And tbf, additional downtime was expected. A DLC has never been released without issues - didn't expect Morrowind to be any better. :D

+ for once, this didn't affect EU primetime <3
    Edited by Lieblingsjunge on May 24, 2017 10:14AM
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my point is please change it to during the day when people are at work
  • Zenzuki
    Zenzuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not everyone is located in the same part of the world. Night for you is day for others and so on.

Someone is always going to be inconvenienced. Seems it's you. Sorry about that, but it is what it is.

A new update (especially a ZOS update) comes with the need for more hotpatching/maintenance, etc.

It'll calm down after a while. Patience grasshopper.
    Can Open...
    Worms EVERYWHERE!
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, of course they shouldn't fix battlegrounds so that stuff in the advertised content can be played as intended! They should keep everything online because it was your exact 3 hour slot that you had this week to play the game, everyone else struggling with a broken game can just do one while you skip through the ashlands.

It's not every night, it was Monday morning and Wednesday morning, there was no maintenance yesterday.
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blanco wrote: »

You don't seem to get it. There's different time-zones, putting people at different time of day. Even if they changed it for *you* it would still mess up someone else. This time you got the short straw - next time it's probably EU or similar.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |

My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • Norbi
    Norbi
    ✭✭✭
    Mindless complaining will never stop lol.
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maintenance Monday and Wednesday is every day now? Would have loved to see what your reaction would have been back in 2014 when maintenance was scheduled for two days a week on a regular basis.

So true. I remember those days. Also, they used to take the EU servers down at a different time than NA. Unfortunately for EU players this means that most maintenance now is done at times more favored for NA users. For example, this maintenance starts at 6 am for the US east coast when most are heading off to work.
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Because we are testing Morrowind on the live servers right now. This is to be expected as new issues arise that they didn't anticipate/notice/fix in PTS.

To be fair, they should also be taking the console servers down since so many of those players wanted this "early access" /s
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

But in Europe, people ARE at work.

And in the US, you folks should either be sleeping or getting up for work/school.

Only ones that get screwed are Aussies but thats par the course.
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

So true. I remember those days. Also, they used to take the EU servers down at a different time than NA. Unfortunately for EU players this means that most maintenance now is done at times more favored for NA users. For example, this maintenance starts at 6 am for the US east coast when most are heading off to work.

But at the same time, EU players would already be at work since 6am on the US east coast is 10am UTC.
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You don't seem to get it. There's different time-zones, putting people at different time of day. Even if they changed it for *you* it would still mess up someone else. This time you got the short straw - next time it's probably EU or similar.

no. I always get the short straw.

The reason being I play at night time (as a sizeable population of the game does).

well Guess what maintenance is ALWAYS at night time always. Yes I'm aware that there is a thing called time zones but for PC NA. NA which is the U.S. Our time zones only have a maximum of 3 hours difference from eacthother so I would really like to see maintenance done in the mid afternoon when people are at work or better yet. Cut down on the maintenance it's been twice this week already it never ends. I bet there will be more
    Edited by Betsararie on May 24, 2017 10:20AM
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sakiri wrote: »

But in Europe, people ARE at work.

And in the US, you folks should either be sleeping or getting up for work/school.

Only ones that get screwed are Aussies but thats par the course.

Aussies getting screwed is nothing new. We're used to it by now :smiley:
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is 12:00 (24h system) on EU... a maintenance in the middle of the day.... WTF ?!
    Cnxliu1UsAATGj9.jpg
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As others have said, which people?

They do a very good job at doing it during the least intrusive times. Most of the EU are at work right now and most of NA are just getting up and heading to work.

Yes it's not great for AU timezone players, students, the unemployed etc. but they have chosen a time which effects the least amount of their customer base.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • GnarlyMcGnasty

It's unbelievable.

Why don't you do it during the day when people are at work or better yet, roll out content that is tested so we don't have to be in this constant state of maintenance.

I barely have any playtime because there is so much maintenance practically every day. And if it isn't maintenance it's a DDoS, or * add in excuse here why the servers are down this time*.

It's just unbelievable. What's the point of spending all this money on a game and expansions if the servers are always down.

Definitely not a vet gamer. This is normal after a major update to any game. At least they're putting in a fix within 2 days instead of waiting a week or two, and wait for normal maintenance days. I'm fine giving up a few hours of game time if it means making the game playable. Would you rather have a broken game?
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sure, can you just show me on the map which place you are talking about where 'during the day' wouldn't effect another area's primetime.

Time_Zones_of_the_World_Large.JPG

Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• Mordenkainen
    Mordenkainen
    ✭✭✭✭
    What's the point of spending all this money on a game and expansions if the servers are always down.

Hmm let me think.... the point is that there's work being done to improve the overall quality and prevent things from blowing up. That's what a maintenance is for. And you seriously can not tell us you did not expect a bunch of them after the launch of a new addon/dlc/chapter/nameithowyouwant.

In other words...

3453eed19d809e83b34ed34b87d74aaa54b598ec7dfd31fae96cdd55cf05f7fa.jpg
  • kagorsa
    kagorsa
    ✭✭✭
    There hasn't been a DDos attack for ages, and as for maintenance, you may have noticed a huge expansion yesterday which will have lots of things to fix, and last time I checked there were seven day's in a week.
    Also just so you know Frodo it's a big world out there and it is always morning , afternoon , evening , night, somewhere on this planet.
    Edited by kagorsa on May 24, 2017 10:26AM
    Barbed wire has so many uses. Please bear in mind I have writing Dyslexia & I use Grammarly to help me type.
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's unbelievable.

Definitely not a vet gamer. This is normal after a major update to any game. At least they're putting in a fix within 2 days instead of waiting a week or two, and wait for normal maintenance days. I'm fine giving up a few hours of game time if it means making the game playable. Would you rather have a broken game?

You don't know what it's like losing a day every day on SUNDAY because of maintenance they do it at night when tons of people are playing, such as myself.

And then they add in more days like today and I bet there will be more this week.

Why don't you tell me why I should spend hundreds of dollars on a game that can never be played?

I assume you play during the day (when most are at work). So you probably aren't affected by the maintenance.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Twice a week is not every day, and it's very self righteous of you to assume the whole world should have the same schedule as you, and that companies should cater to it. You sound like a petulant child. I would hope that after a bit of self reflection, you'd be ashamed of having opened this thread.
    Edited by Reverb on May 24, 2017 10:24AM
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The reason being I play at night time (as a sizeable population of the game does).

well Guess what maintenance is ALWAYS at night time always. Yes I'm aware that there is a thing called time zones but for PC NA. NA which is the U.S. Our time zones only have a maximum of 3 hours difference from eacthother so I would really like to see maintenance done in the mid afternoon when people are at work or better yet. Cut down on the maintenance it's been twice this week already it never ends. I bet there will be more

QQQQQQQQQ.

You do know if it would be done mid-afternoon for you, it would be Europe's entire primetime / evening right?
    Or I guess it doesn't matter for every European playing on the EU-Megaserver, as long as you get to play when *you* want(when you're supposed to be asleep), right?

Edit: I also suggest you read the ToS you agreed to when you started playing the game. Your QQ is nothing more than "omg i dont get my 3 hour playtyime at night, why does this always affect *ME*".
    Edited by Lieblingsjunge on May 24, 2017 10:26AM
    PC - EU.

• Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I don't think they can do that now, back when they used to have different maintenance and patch times, NA and EU installs used to be separate (which was a right pain in the behind for anyone who played on both because it required the game to be installed twice, each install patched separately etc.) - now it is 1 client-side install for both servers, so patches physically can't happen at different times - unless you want to be unable to play for a lot longer because the game on your hard drive doesn't match the information from the servers. (Not a particularly technical explanation, but my best guess as to why maintenance is now simultaneous).
    Edited by Epona222 on May 24, 2017 10:29AM
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Cloudless
    Cloudless
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You really had to go and open a full-blown thread about how ZOS is personally inconveniencing you on purpose, did you?
    On a side note, can I have your stuff?
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh and when that's said. What about the people who work nightshifts? If it would be maintenance mid-afternoon, even if they would live in your time-zone: They wouldn't be able to play.

Oh wait, as long as you get to play it doesn't matter how everyone else feels right?
    PC - EU.

• Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Whose night time? For me it started at 1 p.m. For most of EU it's now even earlier. For Aus it's evening. Time zones are not just a thing of NA(lol). THERE IS NO UNIVERSAL "NIGHT TIME".

Also, if there will be more, good. If they take ESO down for several days to fix the buggy mess they (as was expected) introduced with Morrowind, even better. They need to fix their s...things so we can all enjoy the game we all paid for. I'm actually happy they're doing this now rather than in a week or better yet in 6 months with next dlc. Hopefully there'll be more maint this week if they figure how to fix some of the other bugs too. Deal with it.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one she understands this was originally planned to be a hotfix that would not make Tamriel go to sleep.

However complications etc ...

This has been a very big week and much has gone very smoothly. Much more so than many they expected yes.

These things they happen. Read a book, take a nap or chase some yarn.

All will be well and you will be travelling again soon.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

QQQQQQQQQ.

You do know if it would be done mid-afternoon for you, it would be Europe's entire primetime / evening right?
    Or I guess it doesn't matter for every European playing on the EU-Megaserver, as long as you get to play when *you* want(when you're supposed to be asleep), right?

service the servers separately... problem solved. Why is that impossible for a company as large as ZOS?

All that money and they can't even do *that* ??

Give me a break. Give me. a. break.

Here on the west coast we are getting screwed by the scheduling of the maintenance.
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭

QQQQQQQQQ.

service the servers separately... problem solved. Why is that impossible for a company as large as ZOS?

Here on the west coast we are getting screwed by the scheduling of the maintenance.

Oi, no more "I demand to play in my time"-arguments, what happened, realised you were too egocentric?

No, *YOU* are getting screwed. And probably some others. The people that plays on your server in different time of day gets an uptime where they otherwise could've experienced a downtime.
    PC - EU.

• AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

QQQQQQQQQ.

On the west coast? It's what, 3am? Cry more. It's 8:30pm on the east coast of Australia. You have no right to complain about the servers going down because by all accounts, you aren't even playing in your prime time. But no, here you are, moaning and complaining because you feel personally inconvenienced. Here's an idea for you. Don't like maintenance, go play Skyrim. Stop acting like a petulant child.
This discussion has been closed.