The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

[Hodor] World First Veteran + Veteran HM Halls of Fabrication!

• DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Erock25 wrote: »
    Is ZOS embarrassed by this or is this standard results for games that have a beta test of their trials?

This is what happens when you don't raise the gear cap with expansions. Expect the next few to raise it.

Not that this wasn't expected it happens in every MMO anymore.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do understand people saying "trial's too easy" and "early/PTS access kills real competition".

Still want to congratulate you guys. PC/EU is proud of you, Hodor.

Because if it were sooo easy and the competition was that distorted, then it could have been anyone. Yet, it was you, Hodor, again.

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on May 22, 2017 7:47PM
  • Hylda69
    Hylda69
    ✭✭
    And how do you success to group?
    Tetousek Tapadpek - DK tank argonien.
    Eizhen - Templar DD magie / heal.
    Vespide - NB DD magie.
    Malicanth - NB DD stam.
    Lycanth - DK DD stam.
    Lirune - DK DD magie.
    Mule Frites - Soso DD magie.
    Slick Devlant - Soso DD stam.
    Lofhlyn - Warden DD magie.
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome job @RoMarQ and @GeertKarel !

I can't wait to find out what you guys are doing!
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • ArvenAldmeri
    ArvenAldmeri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morrowind has been Live on PC for just a couple of hours now.

Halls of Fabrication? Already beaten.

Doesn't seem like much of a challenge there, ZOS.

Thats because they were running the trial for the whole time it was on PTS thats why they beat it fast on live. Its not new to them.
    Magicka sorcerer from start until the end. Always. Through the good times and the bad, even now when its probably saddest PvE dps it has ever been.
    Even as an owner of one radiant apex mounts I am against radiant apex mounts and anything thats not obtainable by direct purchase.
  • Anne_Firehawk
    Anne_Firehawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Says a lot about class balance when you did it with 7 Sorcs and 1 Templar as DD... Grats anyways, awesome achievement!
    Anne Firehawk | Legate | Bringer of Light | Voice of Reason | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Magicka DK forever
    GUAR SQUAD OP
    All Hardmodes done, WTB content.
    Cancercrates are ruining the game

DD | Phoenix Reborn
    GM | Tamriels Emporium

#permabanAPFlippers
  • peniku8
    peniku8
    ✭✭✭
    ElornaR wrote: »
    A better question is who was the first guild to clear it in PTS? Not to discredit your achievement, but those are the praiseworthy people. If it was also your guild, gg.

We also did the first clear on PTS (with the broken templates LOL).
    After that they buffed all (?) bosses by a bit and 4th and last boss a bit more since the HM didn't even work (it did 'activate', but made no difference).

I really hope that they buff the trial even further and bring some interesting changes, not just the usual stuff like giving bosses more HP and making stuff hit harder.
    Leader of the Akatosh Imperium, Guildmaster of

Traders of the Ebonheart
    Pact Veteran Trade
    Pact Veteran Trade II

Ambassador of the
    Knights of Akatosh

PC EU
    HODOR
    Youtube
    Flawless Conqueror - Ophidian Overlord - Boethia's Scythe, I want an achievement for having 500k dps!
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1741d25142.png

There's a 12-men limit on raids and was there as backup, so no stamina DK on first clear.

Show a little faith, grab a bottle of skooma and run around with some fur and a tail, because #RoleplayingMatters.

PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • Neaa
    Neaa
    ✭✭
    indeed.. #TailsMatter!
    PC EUW
    Main characters:
    CP630 - Templar support - Neaara - proud argonian
    CP630 - Warden support - Neaaro - proud argonian
    PVE - Guilds: Hodor, Dragons Crest, Potato Squad

PVE Templar Morrowind Healing Build
  • Love Wizard
    Love Wizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously, all of you who complain about class diversity, understand this. We've been on the PTS for give or take six weeks, and Sorcerer was what yielded the best DPS results there as the nerfs we saw today in the patch notes was NOT present on the PTS. Also, keep in mind most of us has been playing sorcerer on the live for abit now as it was without doubt the best DPS class, but with the changes we see TODAY in the patch notes, things are DIFFERENT. But we need time to adjust, we can't just log on another class we haven't played for months and go for a trial of this calibre and expect to faceroll it. Give this patch some days, even weeks and if things haven't changed by then, then you're entitled to QQ about class diversity, BUT NOT UNTIL THAT. I know we all love giving ZoS ***, but please for the love of god, don't just hate on them because you're incapable of understanding how metas work and change.
    @IWM - EU - Member of Hodor
    Mashinate - Highelf Nightblade (Inactive)
    Love Wizard - Dunmer Dragonknight (Inactive)
    Godblade - Highelf Nightblade (Active)
    Mashixo - Dunmer Sorcerer (Inactive)
    Hjelmi's Sister - Dunmer Nightblade (Inactive)
    Mashiex - Orc Nightblade (Active)
    Beaminate - Dunmer Templar (Inactive)
    Kittynate - Khajiit Nightblade (Inactive)
    Godmancer - Orc Necromancer (Active)

Server: EU || Guilds: Hodor & Banana Squad || Previously Zerg Squad || Nightblade Lover

Scores: vMoL - 170840 | vSO - 177392 | vHRC - 159696 | vHoF - 221111| vAS - 115810| vCR - 132661 | vBP - 101083 | vSS - 247438

Achievements: Tick Tock Tormentor x3 - Immortal Redeemer x6 - Gryphon Heart x5 - The Unchained x1 - Godslayer x1

Worlds First Vet Maw of Lorkhaj Clear (Hodor! & Hodor!)
    Worlds First Vet Halls of Fabrication HM Clear - Worlds First vHoF Speedrun(Hodor!)
    World Record for All Trials Pre Thieves Guild Patch (Hodor!)
    Worlds First Tick Tock & Disassembly General (No death speedrun HM vHoF)
    Worlds First vAS Hardmode
    Worlds First Cloudrest clear, and hardmode
    Worlds First Cloudrest HM Nodeathspeedrun (Gryphon Heart)
    Worlds First Blackrose Prison clear
    Worlds First "The Unchained" title (vBP speedrun, nodeath, no sigils)
    World Record for all the Trials (Murkmire)
    Worlds First Godslayer
  • GDOFWR420
    GDOFWR420
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now do it with less sorcs. But good job. :p
  • Love Wizard
    Love Wizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GDOFWR420 wrote: »

We will, give it some time :D
    @IWM - EU - Member of Hodor
    Mashinate - Highelf Nightblade (Inactive)
    Love Wizard - Dunmer Dragonknight (Inactive)
    Godblade - Highelf Nightblade (Active)
    Mashixo - Dunmer Sorcerer (Inactive)
    Hjelmi's Sister - Dunmer Nightblade (Inactive)
    Mashiex - Orc Nightblade (Active)
    Beaminate - Dunmer Templar (Inactive)
    Kittynate - Khajiit Nightblade (Inactive)
    Godmancer - Orc Necromancer (Active)

Server: EU || Guilds: Hodor & Banana Squad || Previously Zerg Squad || Nightblade Lover

Scores: vMoL - 170840 | vSO - 177392 | vHRC - 159696 | vHoF - 221111| vAS - 115810| vCR - 132661 | vBP - 101083 | vSS - 247438

Achievements: Tick Tock Tormentor x3 - Immortal Redeemer x6 - Gryphon Heart x5 - The Unchained x1 - Godslayer x1

Worlds First Vet Maw of Lorkhaj Clear (Hodor! & Hodor!)
    Worlds First Vet Halls of Fabrication HM Clear - Worlds First vHoF Speedrun(Hodor!)
    World Record for All Trials Pre Thieves Guild Patch (Hodor!)
    Worlds First Blackrose Prison clear
    Worlds First "The Unchained" title (vBP speedrun, nodeath, no sigils)
    World Record for all the Trials (Murkmire)
    Worlds First Godslayer
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    GDOFWR420 wrote: »

We will, give it some time :D

You could also run with 8 Sorc-DDs and 2 Sorchealers to have even more sorcs in the group. :trollface:
    Noobplar
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Every Raidguild in the Council of Raiders had the chance to get a full team on the PTS.
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No NBs. Sad times.
  • NagualV
    NagualV
    ✭✭✭✭
    You know what?!! Congrats to you all. Don't let people's comments here get to you. Ultimately, you put in a lot of time and effort and deserve congrats. You all were probably gonna get the 1st clear anyway lmao
  • Foxic
    Foxic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    Every Raidguild in the Council of Raiders had the chance to get a full team on the PTS.

@Alcast yeah but I don't think it's any serious raid teams discrediting you guys. We cleared then left the pts but you guys stayed and worked on it. You definitely worked for and deserve your clear.
    Mechanically Challenged, PCNA competitive raid guild

Head of The Council of Raiders

First NA vAS Hardmode(#2 world)

World First Immortal Redeemer & Saintly Savior

All #1 Trial scores Clockwork City patch

• Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@Alcast yeah but I don't think it's any serious raid teams discrediting you guys. We cleared then left the pts but you guys stayed and worked on it. You definitely worked for and deserve your clear.

I think most people don't deny this. Most are just disappointed bc they expecte a competition for "worlds first" like we had with vMoL....
    Noobplar
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Destruent wrote: »

I think most people don't deny this. Most are just disappointed bc they expecte a competition for "worlds first" like we had with vMoL....

Ye thats true, I mean the only reason we prepared for this is because we knew it would get cleared on the first day. Also have to see that vHoF was like 1000% more stable than vMoL on PTS. So could test way more stuff.
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Fallewarrior
    Fallewarrior
    ✭✭✭✭

Yep, most serious raiding guilds had the chance. You obviously were the most dedicated.

Congratz on well deserved first clear :)
    Hocus Pocus Grim Focus
    -Fallen | TICK TOCK TORMENTERR | IMMORTAL MEMERR | GRYPHON HEART
    HODOR!

PC/EU
  • Blackshark
    Blackshark
    ✭✭✭
    mandricus wrote: »
    Blackshark wrote: »
    @Cously Not true. Hodor has stated that at least one of their Raid groups will be running a balanced DPS composition between Sorc, NB, and DK. It's just that they were most familiar with this composition and already had everything ready to go. Their score will be beat handily in the coming months by more diverse compositions if what Hodor has said is accurate.

I'm just widly guessing here, and probably speculating a bit.. but if i were asked to bet why they stated this, I would bet my 2 cents that (considering they are now in touch with ZoS) someone asked, in a direct or an indirect way, to show to the player base that it is feasible to run any VetTrial with a mixed group.

Feasible does not means optimal, anyway.

Optimal group is what they chose for their first run, and we all saw in the screenshot which classes they chose for that group.
    Destruent wrote: »

Ye thats true, I mean the only reason we prepared for this is because we knew it would get cleared on the first day. Also have to see that vHoF was like 1000% more stable than vMoL on PTS. So could test way more stuff.

@Alcast As a person who has been more vocal than most on criticizing this post, let me clarify by stating that my (and a decent percentage of people who agree with me) issue is not with Hodor but with ZOS. From a previous comment with @Love Wizard

>That I can agree with you on. If the purpose of PTS is to test stability then ZOS should put a trimmed down version of the trial with all elements represented to ascertain stability while still retaining difficulty and opaqueness once released.

Hodor just did what ZOS encouraged you to do. It's entirely on ZOS for not having the foresight or basic common sense to keep certain mechanics hidden until release as Blizzard does.

However, and this is a legitimate criticism, this post by Hodor is considered by many to be bad form as, intentionally or not, it comes across as ego-stroking. Fair or not, a large majority of players and guilds were put at a disadvantage by the PTS testing and ZOS's inability to think through the consequences of putting actual PvE Progression content on the PTS weeks before release. Now blogs will take and run with the headline "Top ESO Raiding Guild beats new Trial in few hours, forums erupt with claims of simplicity and ease!". This may not be true as we all know the hard work you guys put in over the weeks to clear this content on the first day. ZOS just enabled the "easy" route and it's what will stick when inevitable threads come from potential players asking about PvE progression and difficulty.

It just looks bad all around.
    Edited by Blackshark on May 22, 2017 9:11PM
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@TotallyNotVos I don't think anyone is saying they don't deserve it, well maybe pugs but they don't count. It's just a joke that both vet and hard mode are cleared a couple hours after the servers come up. It's not a knock on hodor at all, it's a knock on what a joke raiding in ESO is now.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are two kinds of people, it seems.

"Not fair"

"Good work".

Good work, Hodor.
  • Foxic
    Foxic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ghost-Shot wrote: »

@TotallyNotVos I don't think anyone is saying they don't deserve it, well maybe pugs but they don't count. It's just a joke that both vet and hard mode are cleared a couple hours after the servers come up. It's not a knock on hodor at all, it's a knock on what a joke raiding in ESO is now.

I agree, but I've seen quite a few comments on here trying to discredit hodor
    Mechanically Challenged, PCNA competitive raid guild

Head of The Council of Raiders

First NA vAS Hardmode(#2 world)

World First Immortal Redeemer & Saintly Savior

All #1 Trial scores Clockwork City patch

• Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Tell this to 99% of players who'll never see veteran version of this trial :smile:
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Another guild just beat HM.
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But ESO has never catered to the hardcore raider. Which is why they try to create content that all players can enjoy, not just the top, top raid guilds in the server.
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I agree, but I've seen quite a few comments on here trying to discredit hodor

[snip] Again huge grats to hodor on another world first, I'm sure they would have had it even if this raid was properly tuned. This one just happens to be a huge ball drop.

[Edit for Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Bill on May 23, 2017 1:02PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh boy, you end game pver's are a competitive and salty bunch :p
    Edited by geonsocal on May 22, 2017 9:09PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Akimbro
    Akimbro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Blackshark wrote: »

However, and this is a legitimate criticism, this post by Hodor is considered by many to be bad form as, intentionally or not, it comes across as ego-stroking.

There have been thread posts on every world-first clear so far...whether by Hodor or not...
    ALACRITY Emperors united RIP
    LAST PRODIGIES World first SO clear RIP

The last egg in the carton.