Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Hodor] World First Veteran + Veteran HM Halls of Fabrication!

• Rey
    Rey
    Soul Shriven
    SASQUATCH0 wrote: »
    Soooo what you're telling me is this trial is a cake walk... nice :|

Well, it's not as hard as maw of lorkahj was in my opinion, but we've practiced for a few months now every single day, so we came very prepared. But calling it a walk in the park? It definetly isn't :expressionless:

This ^

Preach.
    @Rei-sensei - EU PC
    Raiding Guild: Ghosts and Goblins. Hodor
    Trading Guilds: Pact Veteran Trade

Worlds First vHoF HM Clear - Worlds First vHoF Speedrun

Worlds #1 vMoL Score 165456 Homestead
    Worlds #1 vSO Score 173761 Homestead
    Worlds #1 vHRC Score 157023 Homestead
    Worlds #1 vAA Score 145157 Homestead
    Worlds #9 vMa NB Score 594302 Homestead
  • Blackshark
    Blackshark
    ✭✭✭

Well, it's not as hard as maw of lorkahj was in my opinion, but we've practiced for a few months now every single day, so we came very prepared. But calling it a walk in the park? It definetly isn't :expressionless:

This is exactly why new Trials/Raids should not be released on PTS. Not to downplay your achievement but having the past few months to practice on PTS definitely dulls the shine from your award. Hopefully ZOS learns from this and keeps new PvE progression content off PTS in the future.

@Love Wizard
  • Love Wizard
    Love Wizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paulington wrote: »
    Hey all!

Just a quick thread to say well done to all our guildmates in Hodor but also a huge thanks to Zenimax and their dungeon team on creating such an awesome trial. Thanks to @ZOS_Finn and his team, again.

Congrats!

Now how about making a youtube guide video for the rest of us that are not that skilled like you :)

I hate to be the one saying this, but I don't think we'll be uploading any guides whatsoever of this trial in the near future due to competition. Sorry!
    @IWM - EU - Member of Hodor
    Mashinate - Highelf Nightblade (Inactive)
    Love Wizard - Dunmer Dragonknight (Inactive)
    Godblade - Highelf Nightblade (Active)
    Mashixo - Dunmer Sorcerer (Inactive)
    Hjelmi's Sister - Dunmer Nightblade (Inactive)
    Mashiex - Orc Nightblade (Active)
    Beaminate - Dunmer Templar (Inactive)
    Kittynate - Khajiit Nightblade (Inactive)
    Godmancer - Orc Necromancer (Active)

Server: EU || Guilds: Hodor & Banana Squad || Previously Zerg Squad || Nightblade Lover

Scores: vMoL - 170840 | vSO - 177392 | vHRC - 159696 | vHoF - 221111| vAS - 115810| vCR - 132661 | vBP - 101083 | vSS - 247438

Achievements: Tick Tock Tormentor x3 - Immortal Redeemer x6 - Gryphon Heart x5 - The Unchained x1 - Godslayer x1

Worlds First Vet Maw of Lorkhaj Clear (Hodor! & Hodor!)
    Worlds First Vet Halls of Fabrication HM Clear - Worlds First vHoF Speedrun(Hodor!)
    World Record for All Trials Pre Thieves Guild Patch (Hodor!)
    Worlds First Tick Tock & Disassembly General (No death speedrun HM vHoF)
    Worlds First vAS Hardmode
    Worlds First Cloudrest clear, and hardmode
    Worlds First Cloudrest HM Nodeathspeedrun (Gryphon Heart)
    Worlds First Blackrose Prison clear
    Worlds First "The Unchained" title (vBP speedrun, nodeath, no sigils)
    World Record for all the Trials (Murkmire)
    Worlds First Godslayer
  • fericirea
    fericirea
    ✭✭✭
    The real measure is which guild who didn't practice during closed beta will down vet and vet HM first.
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lol...
  • Ommy71
    Ommy71
    ✭✭✭
    Really good job ZOS!

btw congratz guys
    Edited by Ommy71 on May 22, 2017 5:17PM
    ommyy - Stamblade - Brigadier - Master Angler - Former Emperor - All trophies Done - Stormproof - 27400 Achievement Points....
    PC-EU
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Erock25 wrote: »
    Is ZOS embarrassed by this or is this standard results for games that have a beta test of their trials?

LOL It's not as if they've done a blind pug-run. They're organized and they prepared for weeks on PTS. Congrats are due, but use some common sense before throwing shade. This happens in WOW at every new content release, too, with hardcore progression guilds.
  • Blackshark
    Blackshark
    ✭✭✭
    fericirea wrote: »
    The real measure is which guild who didn't practice during closed beta will down vet and vet HM first.

^ This is the correct answer. @fericirea

Not sure why but having a guild come in and claim "World First" after having exclusive access to Morrowind PTS to practice really rubs me the wrong way.

Maybe it's just me though.
  • Blackbird_V
    Blackbird_V
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morrowind has been Live on PC for just a couple of hours now.

Halls of Fabrication? Already beaten.

Doesn't seem like much of a challenge there, ZOS.

I haven't seen anything changed about it really to become challenging. Few weeks ago HM was like 2m more HP and that's that - according to friends.

Then again, Hodor did practice vHoF when PTS was up, so they were prepared
    Edited by Blackbird_V on May 22, 2017 5:22PM
    Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game.
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol, 1st World Clear claimed before majority of players even managed to download new chapter.

Talk about fair competition.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gotta say I'm not impressed. Abusing the fact that enough of an alliance got the beta invite (I'm sure the beta testers weren't supposed to tell anyone else they were beta testers) to practice, and quite obviously planned to get online as soon as the servers opened to get this first, before many others had a chance to even look at the new content...

Sorry guys, you're obviously skilled and dedicated but this isn't worth bragging about. It's like Usain Bolt bragging that he got to the end of a 100 metre track first, while everyone else was still in the dressing room..

Edited by Biro123 on May 22, 2017 5:22PM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paulington wrote: »
    World first
    Word firsts mean nothing in games where such content is available for weeks ahead of release on the test servers.

Edited by KerinKor on May 22, 2017 5:24PM
  • Demycilian
    Demycilian
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wont ZOS be happy about that. Fail.
  • deadvolt
    deadvolt
    ✭✭
    Gratz and all but having 6+weeks of practice on pts and clearing it first isn't something I would be bragging about to be honest when most guilds haven't had a look at the content
  • ElornaR
    ElornaR
    ✭✭
    A better question is who was the first guild to clear it in PTS? Not to discredit your achievement, but those are the praiseworthy people. If it was also your guild, gg.
  • Love Wizard
    Love Wizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blackshark wrote: »

This is exactly why new Trials/Raids should not be released on PTS. Not to downplay your achievement but having the past few months to practice on PTS definitely dulls the shine from your award. Hopefully ZOS learns from this and keeps new PvE progression content off PTS in the future.

@Love Wizard

I will quote the post I wrote on my reddit thread.

I agree with you partially. I think it's important for experienced raid groups and endgame players to test the content to see that things work as intended, giving us a better experience when the content hits live. What I'd personally like to see though, was if there was major changes in the trial at RELEASE or making it way harder. Or, if their QA team can actually test things without godmode :D
    @IWM - EU - Member of Hodor
    Mashinate - Highelf Nightblade (Inactive)
    Love Wizard - Dunmer Dragonknight (Inactive)
    Godblade - Highelf Nightblade (Active)
    Mashixo - Dunmer Sorcerer (Inactive)
    Hjelmi's Sister - Dunmer Nightblade (Inactive)
    Mashiex - Orc Nightblade (Active)
    Beaminate - Dunmer Templar (Inactive)
    Kittynate - Khajiit Nightblade (Inactive)
    Godmancer - Orc Necromancer (Active)

Server: EU || Guilds: Hodor & Banana Squad || Previously Zerg Squad || Nightblade Lover

Scores: vMoL - 170840 | vSO - 177392 | vHRC - 159696 | vHoF - 221111| vAS - 115810| vCR - 132661 | vBP - 101083 | vSS - 247438

Achievements: Tick Tock Tormentor x3 - Immortal Redeemer x6 - Gryphon Heart x5 - The Unchained x1 - Godslayer x1

Worlds First Vet Maw of Lorkhaj Clear (Hodor! & Hodor!)
    Worlds First Vet Halls of Fabrication HM Clear - Worlds First vHoF Speedrun(Hodor!)
    World Record for All Trials Pre Thieves Guild Patch (Hodor!)
    Worlds First Tick Tock & Disassembly General (No death speedrun HM vHoF)
    Worlds First vAS Hardmode
    Worlds First Cloudrest clear, and hardmode
    Worlds First Cloudrest HM Nodeathspeedrun (Gryphon Heart)
    Worlds First Blackrose Prison clear
    Worlds First "The Unchained" title (vBP speedrun, nodeath, no sigils)
    World Record for all the Trials (Murkmire)
    Worlds First Godslayer
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Can you change the title to pc first clear pls claiming world first clear when 2 platforms can't play it is kind of a jerk move
    Edited by FloppyTouch on May 22, 2017 5:30PM
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The main challenge is completing the "Like Clockwork" achievement.

Good luck! @YoloWizard @HODORRRRRRR :)
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gotta love how so many people complain that Hodor finished it today.
    It's not like the other guilds didn't go on the pts to do the trial before the release and additionally do you really think that Hodor wouldn't have done it first even if they couldn't test it on the pts?
    Congratulations Hodor and good luck for the more juicy achievements
  • Smmokkee
    Smmokkee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol congrats that's pretty hilarious though.
  • Tower_Of_Shame
    Tower_Of_Shame
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seems like sorcs are kinda week this patch, that frag nerf was a bit harsh from ZoS :smiley:
    GJ btw
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koensol wrote: »
    I can't help but notice the lack of Nightblades..
    Same, I was just looking at that.

Yeah, that's not really a change from before Morrowind dropped. NBs have been persona non grata ever since Wroble got ganked on the IC stream, and he started nerfing the snot out of them.
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gz Kilner and your team!
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread can't end well
    #MOREORBS
  • Blackshark
    Blackshark
    ✭✭✭
    What I'd personally like to see though, was if there was major changes in the trial at RELEASE or making it way harder. Or, if their QA team can actually test things without godmode :D

@Love Wizard That I can agree with you on. If the purpose of PTS is to test stability then ZOS should put a trimmed down version of the trial with all elements represented to ascertain stability while still retaining difficulty and opaqueness once released.

I think the issue a significant number of us have is the posting of this thread and the hubris it implies. You guys are undoubtedly great players but it's a bad look to post a thread declaring "World First" when you've had potentially guild-exclusive access to the content for weeks now on the PTS thus restricting your competition greatly.

As stated, that's mostly on ZOS for not having the basic foresight and planning to ensure this situation cannot arise. Just a bad look all around.

Just my opinion.
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Well, assuming they spent PTS beta practicing the trial, makes sense.
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The most challenge in my opinion, is the group effort and play style changes. Top players who spend insane amount of time invested in this game, are able to learn that within short time. I still think the trial is a real challenge and will be for a long time. Just because they completed it, doesn't mean it is easy. They are one of the oldest progression guilds in the game, and have worked hard for their group.
    Personally me and our group have the 4th boss, down to around 20%. I really see a difference between a good experience group vs a less experience group since we doesnt have the same players each time. Sometimes are able to get to 4th boss within 50 mins, and other times we can still be stuck at the first bosses.
    I dont mind if they increase the difficulty on the trial, but I dont mind if they leave it as it is either.
    Well done guys.
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gratz to the raid gods..
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yo I just noticed the raid comp, rip dk and nb
    #MOREORBS
  • flizomica
    flizomica
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't really see the issue with the best raid guild clearing new content immediately, after practicing it for weeks on PTS :tongue:

lets not forget that when maw was released it was a broken and buggy mess