The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Hodor] World First Veteran + Veteran HM Halls of Fabrication!

• c0rp
    c0rp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Must be challenging. My Wow raider friend just laughed when I told him this.
    Edited by c0rp on May 22, 2017 6:15PM
    Force weapon swap to have priority over EVERYTHING. Close enough.
    Make stamina builds even with magicka builds.
    Disable abilities while holding block.
    Give us a REASON to do dungeons more than once.
    Remove PVP AoE CAP. It is ruining Cyrodiil.
    Fix/Remove Forward Camps. They are ruining Cyrodiil.
    Impenetrability needs to REDUCE CRIT DAMAGE. Not negate entire builds.
    Werewolf is not equal to Vamps/Bats.
  • Stania
    Stania
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice, but to me the real "World First" will be the one done by a group that didn't have the chance to practice everyday in a server that was inaccessible for most of the player-base.
    PC NA server
    ¡Hablo español!
    |vet trial #1|vet trial #2|vet trial #3 HM|Another vet trial|a hard-to-get achievement|
    My characters:
    <List of characters that no one cares to know with their classes and roles>

"Inspirational quote"
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol that was fast! Grats for the achievements.

And oh well... Gamming ethics discussion here we go.
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morrowind has been Live on PC for just a couple of hours now.

Halls of Fabrication? Already beaten.

Doesn't seem like much of a challenge there, ZOS.

They have been practicing for Weeks, im sure they have beat it many times already lol

but congrats!

PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grats,

Have you got all the achievements yet though?
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Morrowind has been Live on PC for just a couple of hours now.

Halls of Fabrication? Already beaten.

Doesn't seem like much of a challenge there, ZOS.

The most challenge in my opinion, is the group effort and play style changes. Top players who spend insane amount of time invested in this game, are able to learn that within short time. I still think the trial is a real challenge and will be for a long time. Just because they completed it, doesn't mean it is easy. They are one of the oldest progression guilds in the game, and have worked hard for their group.
    Personally me and our group have the 4th boss, down to around 20%. I really see a difference between a good experience group vs a less experience group since we doesnt have the same players each time. Sometimes are able to get to 4th boss within 50 mins, and other times we can still be stuck at the first bosses.
    I dont mind if they increase the difficulty on the trial, but I dont mind if they leave it as it is either.
    Well done guys.
    And yet, in WoW (an MMORPG that most people on here love to *** all over [not saying you specifically, just various people]); a new Raid released with their most recent expansion "Legion".

That Raid took literally weeks before the first clear.

So, yeah. Congrats that Hodor (and any other Guild) practiced for a month on the PTS (I guess...) and cleared it in a couple of hours, but by comparison, not much of a challenge.

twitch.tv/vampire_nox
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say no to Crown Crates!

• Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Grats to Hodor! But lol what a disappointing raid. Better luck next year I guess...
  • ButtersEP
    ButtersEP
    ✭✭✭
    Congrats, very disappointed in the Dev team that made the trial if the veteran version, let alone hm has been beaten within hours of launch.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, if you practice 3-4 weeks on the pts........
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

Was the same with vMoL if i remember correctly...
    Noobplar
  • Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rewws wrote: »
    Blackshark wrote: »
    Erock25 wrote: »
    Is ZOS embarrassed by this or is this standard results for games that have a beta test of their trials?

Arguably the best raid guild in the world clearing the trial after weeks of practice on the PTS shouldn't come as much of a surprise. Yeah, Maw took longer, but it was a different world back then. *wistful stare*

Congrats guys!

IIRC WoW typically has a few months time pass before their best raid guilds beat newly released Raids. There's really no way to spin this. The trial was too easy.

Congratulations to Hodor! Disappointed in ZOS. This is why you don't release Trials/Raids on PTS. A few hours....

@rhapsodious

People are more experienced gamers nowadays, we know tactics, we know how to counter mechanics, we know how to maximize builds etc etc etc. It's like people saying Naxxramas vanilla was the hardest ever, yes because we (the gamers) were noobs at raiding and mechanics. Always respect the mechanics the more you know the easier it gets, if you have mastered everything about your class it's only about observing, analyzing, concluding and then adjusting until you beat it.
    ANd regardless of "people are more experienced Gamers nowadays", WoW Raids still take literal weeks before the first clear.

By comparison, this is not much of a challenge if it was beaten within a few hours.

twitch.tv/vampire_nox
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say no to Crown Crates!

• Meld777
    Meld777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, to be honest, our raid (Aquila) was planning to test the new trial as well, but only half the people got PTS invites. And even over the next few weeks after the invitation waves were over, we still had multiple raid members without a closed beta invite. Thus, we didn't have a full raid of people. And you can't really expect to pug the new vet trial.

The fact we didn't get the invites put us at a huge disadvantage as people who actually got them got discouraged and, at the same time, the new Mass Effect came out. :p Then there were the first closed beta vet and HM clears (gz, Hodor :D ) and at that point no one felt like logging on PTS anymore anyway.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert Please learn from this.

And whoever is hating on Hodor for their post, c'mon... The attention-"seeking" isn't new. So what? Doesn't change the fact they're one of the most organized and skilled raid groups in ESO, and even if the trial was never launched on PTS, there's a good chance Hodor would've been first.
    Edited by Meld777 on May 22, 2017 6:42PM
    Maelstrom Arena Champion | Undaunted | Fighters Guild Victor

Level 50 Magicka NB | CP160+

nAA | vCoH1 HM | nSO | nCoA2 | nDSA | nMA | vVoM

PC EU
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm seeing pts time as an excuse to justify this but that is BS, people test WoW raid bosses for months and its still usually at least a couple weeks of a race because you don't get the full difficulty of the fights on pts, just enough to make sure mechanics function. Even then they often keep certain mechanics or even full phases secret until live. The first legion raid was very under tuned on mythic and the race was over after 18 ours and people were in an up roar. 3 hours is ridiculous, pts or not this raid was clearly too easy.
    Edited by Ghost-Shot on May 22, 2017 6:43PM
  • ButtersEP
    ButtersEP
    ✭✭✭
    Destruent wrote: »

@Destruent It took people months after launch before the hm was cleared
  • mandricus
    mandricus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Based on the screenshot, i see 3 templars, 2 DKs and 7 sorcerers.

So let me guess:

2 DKs = Tank and Off Tank
    2 Templars = Healers

8 DDs = 7 MagSorc and 1 Magplar.

I'm just guessing, as I don't know how your group is made so please correct me if I'm wrong.

If I'm right, GG Zos. I really enjoy your concept of "build diversity", where any PVE Endgame group is basically running the same-class-same-build DD
    Edited by mandricus on May 22, 2017 7:02PM
  • Cously
    Cously
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gratz Hodor!

Whilst it is true that the reason why it went so fast in live server was because it was praticed in the PTS, it's usually been HODOR to clear raids first, so no surprise.

No wardens? Was the DKs tank and/or dps?
  • Blackshark
    Blackshark
    ✭✭✭
    Cously wrote: »

No one has had time to level Warden as PTS progression doesn't transfer over to Live.

@Cously

• alexkdd99
    alexkdd99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SASQUATCH0 wrote: »
    Soooo what you're telling me is this trial is a cake walk... nice :|

Well, it's not as hard as maw of lorkahj was in my opinion, but we've practiced for a few months now every single day, so we came very prepared. But calling it a walk in the park? It definetly isn't :expressionless:

This is exactly why new Trials/Raids should not be released on PTS. Not to downplay your achievement but having the past few months to practice on PTS definitely dulls the shine from your award. Hopefully ZOS learns from this and keeps new PvE progression content off PTS in the future.

@Love Wizard

No it shouldn't be on pts. I believe zos just wanted free bug finders though. And that is exactly what they got.

• MarriedWithChildren
    Paulington wrote: »
    Hey all!

Just a quick thread to say well done to all our guildmates in Hodor but also a huge thanks to Zenimax and their dungeon team on creating such an awesome trial. Thanks to @ZOS_Finn and his team, again.

91fc05ea8a.jpg

700758699e.png

4744410885.png

Looking forward to trying for all those very difficult achievements!

Congrats!
    I don't give free items because it's a just game. Play the game.
    I give free items because it's just a game. Play the game.
    I understand both. I am the contradiction.
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Group Composition:

60% Sorcerer

No nightblades

3 Templars that can be eventually replaced by Wardens.

Sounds about right.
  • Meld777
    Meld777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gratz Hodor!

Whilst it is true that the reason why it went so fast in live server was because it was praticed in the PTS, it's usually been HODOR to clear raids first, so no surprise.

@Cously Well, they were not the first ones to beat vMoL HM. And as far as I know, the raid that was first back then (at least whatever is left of them), didn't have enough people in closed beta either. And here non-HM and HM were cleared in less than 2h.
    Edited by Meld777 on May 22, 2017 7:02PM
    Maelstrom Arena Champion | Undaunted | Fighters Guild Victor

Level 50 Magicka NB | CP160+

nAA | vCoH1 HM | nSO | nCoA2 | nDSA | nMA | vVoM

PC EU
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ButtersEP wrote: »
    Destruent wrote: »

@Destruent It took people months after launch before the hm was cleared

I know, but people also practiced ~1 month on PTS ^^
    Noobplar
  • Cously
    Cously
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No one has had time to level Warden as PTS progression doesn't transfer over to Live.

@Cously

Ohh yes, what a stupid question, LOL, of course there shouldn't be wardens! Thanks for pointing that out. I just read the thread and it seems the DKs might been tank and off tank, which is really said, I guess DK dps isn't competitive anymore.
  • Cously
    Cously
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meld777 wrote: »
    Gratz Hodor!

@Cously Well, they were not the first ones to beat vMoL HM. And as far as I know, the raid that was first back then (at least whatever is left of them), didn't have enough people in closed beta either. And here non-HM and HM were cleared in less than 2h.

Yes, I see your point. I guess the problem with World First is that it can't really be a fair competition. For instance EU have their prime time hours before NA because timezone. On top of that real life get in the way such as work and family to be dealt with until you can sit and play, then make sure all 12 members have their computers patched and ready, it is just not possible unless ZOS opens a window in the weekend at a certain time where the scores start to be acknowledged but that would be too impratical, yes it will never be fair. Not to mention console plebs that get shafted with the content only available 2 weeks later.
  • Blackshark
    Blackshark
    ✭✭✭

@Cously

Ohh yes, what a stupid question, LOL, of course there shouldn't be wardens! Thanks for pointing that out. I just read the thread and it seems the DKs might been tank and off tank, which is really said, I guess DK dps isn't competitive anymore.

@Cously Not true. Hodor has stated that at least one of their Raid groups will be running a balanced DPS composition between Sorc, NB, and DK. It's just that they were most familiar with this composition and already had everything ready to go. Their score will be beat handily in the coming months by more diverse compositions if what Hodor has said is accurate.
    Edited by Blackshark on May 22, 2017 7:14PM
  • Majic
    Majic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still believe that if I take my time and try real hard, someday I'll be the first. B)
    Epopt Of The Everspinning Logo, Church Of The Eternal Loading Screen
    And verily, verily, spaketh the Lord: "Error <<1>>"
  • DjMuscleboy02
    DjMuscleboy02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paulington wrote: »
    Hey all!

Just a quick thread to say well done to all our guildmates in Hodor but also a huge thanks to Zenimax and their dungeon team on creating such an awesome trial. Thanks to @ZOS_Finn and his team, again.

Congrats!

Now how about making a youtube guide video for the rest of us that are not that skilled like you :)

Please don't. Some of us have yet to play PTS, have yet to see any content, and have yet to even get the patch. I'd like to experience, for once, the thrill of doing a trial I've not seen 100 videos of before it's even released on my platform. Really irritated about the early access, honestly. What a punch to the face.

But congratz, Hodor. Great work.
    Edited by DjMuscleboy02 on May 22, 2017 7:19PM
    Brodor - PC NA - ESO's only pure bodybuilding guild
    Hodor, but stronger
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #Backhandedcompliments

Grats Hodor!!!
  • Conduit0
    Conduit0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Conduit0 wrote: »

I will be shocked if a guild doesn't post a hard mode clear by the end of the week.

@Conduit0 Title....

Ok, apparently I'm an idiot and didn't read the whole thread title.
  • mandricus
    mandricus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Cously Not true. Hodor has stated that at least one of their Raid groups will be running a balanced DPS composition between Sorc, NB, and DK. It's just that they were most familiar with this composition and already had everything ready to go. Their score will be beat handily in the coming months by more diverse compositions if what Hodor has said is accurate.

I'm just widly guessing here, but may be they just want to show to the player base that it is feasible to run any VetTrial with a mixed group.

Feasible does not means optimal, or easiest, anyway.

Optimal/Easiest group is what they chose for their first run, and we all saw in the screenshot which classes they chose for that group.
    Edited by mandricus on May 22, 2017 9:34PM