The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PTS Patch Notes v3.0.4

• MCBIZZLE300
    MCBIZZLE300
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loving these patch notes, the light attack increase and heavy decrease is great along with the 30% resource return from heavys!
  • The_1st_Elder
    The_1st_Elder
    ✭✭
    I thought I would share my opinion.

All the sorcs cried and whinged when curse got nerfed (instead of adapting like the rest of us had too) then it eventually turned into a buff. ZOS should of just stuck with there original curse change which ultimately wouldn't make sorcs so strong along with a few other things they should of reduced the damage of frag.

When they see all the other classes get nerfed like siphoning, igneous, major mending. The sorcs just sit back and don't even care because they didn't get touched.

The sorcs will be back in full force if ZOS decide to nerf dark deal/exchange.

Edited because reasons
    Edited by The_1st_Elder on May 16, 2017 10:00AM
    Main EP - Caius Targaryen - Stam DK
    EP - Viselyx Targaryen - Mag NB
    DC - Tyron Targaryen - Stam Templar
    AD - Vaeron Targaryen - Stam Sorc
  • VincentBlanquin
    VincentBlanquin
    ✭✭✭
    BigES wrote: »
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    DPShiro wrote: »
    Am I missing something, @ZOS_RichLambert said faster heavy attacks but all I see is faster flame and frost heavy attacks and not lightning?

I'm getting tired of the *** said on ESO Live, say it right next time.

This^

Make the change to Lightning staffs as well!
    @ZOS_RichLambert Make changes to lightning staves damage obviously
    https://www.twitch.tv /videos/142418891?t=08m43s
    But do what you said next time. Or at least mention it, you guys knew lightning staves were not going to be changed because they were being used currently.

The majority of ZoS changes are based on pseudo statistics. Its one of the major problems with their development team, and why we see so many "wait - you're nerfing or changing what again?" type decisions. They make the majority of their decisions based on how many morphs are chosen, how many people have a certain set slotted, etc. without taking time to understand the reasons behind the choices. They aren't changes/fixes/balances born out of identified problems or creativity.

Its why Velocious Curse (attempted) to get changed. Its why BSW gets a nerf. Its why we got a new ability called magickasteal. It's why CP is now front-loaded. Its why pets got 3x buffs. Rather than find a creative solution/niche to pets, they just buffed the ever living crap out of it until someone was inevitably bound to start using it (PvE dps). It goes on and on.

Its why we're being homogenized. Its statistically driven balances.

Their idea is that balance will come with all skills, all sets, and all classes are used in equal proportion. Wrobel science is pseudo statistically driven decisions, not creative game-play identified (targeted) balance fixes.

you Man write awesome post
    Irwen Vincinter - Nord - Dragonknight
    Irw´en - Bosmer - Nightblade
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The increased damage in light attacks pretty much guarantees that DKs will never have major mending in PVP.
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reiverx wrote: »
    The increased damage in light attacks pretty much guarantees that DKs will never have major mending in PVP.
    It's time for reactive malubeth magDK to show they're face.
  • Veg
    Veg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those asking about igneous Sheild, it's something we're aware of and working on, but likely won't have a solution in place in time for launch.

So rich and/or wrobel decided to reduce the cost of chains while knowing that igneous shield is bugged. Did the priority list for class mechanics get lost in a fire?
    6AtJWkA.png
    It's time for reactive malubeth magDK to show they're face.

Dont even need reactive fam.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKw1nN51PSs

And major mending is only needed for offensive builds that cant rely on their healing otherwise (i didnt use major mending here and had 50% debuff from fasallas).

our time has come
    Edited by Veg on May 16, 2017 11:30AM
    ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ
  • BigES
    BigES
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    waitwhat wrote: »
    BigES wrote: »
    DPShiro wrote: »
    Am I missing something, @ZOS_RichLambert said faster heavy attacks but all I see is faster flame and frost heavy attacks and not lightning?

I'm getting tired of the *** said on ESO Live, say it right next time.

This^

Make the change to Lightning staffs as well!
    @ZOS_RichLambert Make changes to lightning staves damage obviously
    https://www.twitch.tv /videos/142418891?t=08m43s
    But do what you said next time. Or at least mention it, you guys knew lightning staves were not going to be changed because they were being used currently.

The majority of ZoS changes are based on pseudo statistics. Its one of the major problems with their development team, and why we see so many "wait - you're nerfing or changing what again?" type decisions. They make the majority of their decisions based on how many morphs are chosen, how many people have a certain set slotted, etc. without taking time to understand the reasons behind the choices. They aren't changes/fixes/balances born out of identified problems or creativity.

Its why Velocious Curse (attempted) to get changed. Its why BSW gets a nerf. Its why we got a new ability called magickasteal. It's why CP is now front-loaded. Its why pets got 3x buffs. Rather than find a creative solution/niche to pets, they just buffed the ever living crap out of it until someone was inevitably bound to start using it (PvE dps). It goes on and on.

Its why we're being homogenized. Its statistically driven balances.

Their idea is that balance will come with all skills, all sets, and all classes are used in equal proportion. Wrobel science is pseudo statistically driven decisions, not creative game-play identified (targeted) balance fixes.

@BigES so they really aren't examining KDRs, cast amounts, and kills per skill then?

I'm not an insider, so its impossible to tell. I'm sure they evaluate a variety of statistics.

The issue becomes at what point do you let the statistics focus your attention on where changes need to be made, rather than using it properly (validating some balance problem you discovered simply playing the game).

I also suspect (but would be impossible to prove) that they (the balance team) spend a significant amount of time writing code that pulls this data from their server. Writing code to evaluate a certain data set the game is producing takes a lot of time, and also needs to be reviewed to ensure its accurate. That time would probably be better served just doing mechanical testing like most of the community theorycrafters do. Trial/error. Test by direct application rather than trying to math it. Or, you could, you know... listen to the advice given by the huge amount of data provided on the forums perhaps (player feedback).

Statistics are a great tool, but it just seems to be they rely on it entirely too heavily. They let it trump player feedback, and they let it trump direct testing.

• staracino_ESO
    staracino_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    How is anything in 3.x update better/more efficient/healthy/sane than simply putting softcaps for stats back in the game?
  • AuT6GHad
    AuT6GHad
    I like the changes to Light and Heavy Attacks!

Unfortunately the sustain is still too bad to play something else than a Heavy Attack Build :(
    Edited by AuT6GHad on May 16, 2017 1:54PM
  • mrdankles
    mrdankles
    ✭✭✭
    Still garbage. Thank fully PSN ran out last week with no intentions to even buy this weak expansion and play this wack game. Use to be fun now its just a robotic shell of light attacks.
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Know what? My templar won't either ! :s

*cookie ?*
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But everyone can equip a Resto and enjoy the 3s of major mending glory after completing the HA channel. Isn't it great and EXCITING!!!
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to clarify and make sure we're all on the same page, the Sorc adjustments and changes to Siphoning Strikes are not included in this patch. These will be coming in next week's PC patch on Live.
    So basically you're not interested in our views of this until it's too late to change it.

I see.
  • GC0
    GC0
    ✭✭✭
    Elder Micro-Manage-Resources Online
    Edited by GC0 on May 16, 2017 5:47PM
    PC - EU
    CP 1200+
    Greenkoma - EP Grand Overlord Grade 2 (50) Stamina Templar
    Greencoma - DC Grand Overlord Grade 2 (50) Stamina Dragonknight
    Komahh - EP Colonel Grade 1 (25) Stamina Sorcerer

I swear I'm not a tank :^)
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can someone explain the relentless focus/grim focus change?

Am I correct in assuming 5 attacks then fire bow another 5 attacks than fire bow, so on until you need to rebuff?

I guess for PvE that's nice but PvP it's a nerf in my eyes.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KerinKor wrote: »
    Just to clarify and make sure we're all on the same page, the Sorc adjustments and changes to Siphoning Strikes are not included in this patch. These will be coming in next week's PC patch on Live.
    So basically you're not interested in our views of this until it's too late to change it.

I see.

That should be obvious to anyone who has been on the private pts forum, they have been very blatantly ignoring feedback for over a month now. The PTS is mostly just so we can find their bugs, while they ignore our feedback and focus on implementing their own inane ideas. We are mostly just here to hype their game for them, nothing else, as they care very little for what their current audience thinks over what new potential customers think. I feel pretty disgusted with the way ZOS has treated their players for a while, but everything with Morrowind is by far the worst.
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy nonetheless."

Fire and Ice
  • Auldjohn
    Auldjohn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Question Reference # 170516-000824
    Divine Conundrum: Hostile NPCs kill my CP160 EP Wood Eff Warden. Blocks sometimes have no effect. Same wtih Magika casts and major assistance from Feral Bear.

Cannot find how or where to change color of Feral Bear.
    @AuldjohnThe Elder Sages' GuildMaster Sage & Co-Founderfacebook.com/groups/theeldersagesguild
    "Old gamers never die; they just respawn and game on!" • Our Slogan: Have Fun!!

Moot Envoy • Tamriel Foundry Adept • Steam ID Auldjohn
    YouTube auldjohnmastersage • Twitch AuldjohnPCGamer• Steam Group TESGs
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can someone explain the relentless focus/grim focus change?

Am I correct in assuming 5 attacks then fire bow another 5 attacks than fire bow, so on until you need to rebuff?

I guess for PvE that's nice but PvP it's a nerf in my eyes.

@deepseamk20b14_ESO
    You will be able to build towards the bow proc until the ability ends, but there is a problem with this in that it incourages a playstyle that will no longer be relevant with Morrowind, or at least will be abandoned in favour of the stronger heavy attack builds, the reason for it is that you will only see more than one bow proc over the course of the 20s duration if you are able to use a light attack at least once every 2 seconds. If the sustain nerfs hadn't hit, it would have been a great buff, but with the way you have to manage resources after patch it will likely not produce a noticeable effect. It is technically a buff for PvE though, since you would (if able to perform enough light attacks to proc it twice over its duration) be able to shave off some deadtime spent casting the awkward animation.
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy nonetheless."

Fire and Ice
  • Andele
    Andele
    ✭✭
    "Spiked Armor: Reduced the cost of this ability and its morphs by approximately 16%.
    Developer Comments:
    Spoiler
    We’ve reduced the cost of the Dragonknight’s utility-oriented skills to make their upkeep more in line with other classes."

Wouldnt it make more sense to just extend the duration to 30s?
  • fred.thomsonb16_ESO
    czlvmakyrjbr.jpg

72si3qkh3ba1.png
    General
    • Increased the damage of Light Attacks by 15%.
    • Decreased the damage of Heavy Attacks by 15%.
    • Increased the resources restored by fully-charged Heavy Attacks by 30%.
    • Reduced the cast time of fully-charged Bow Heavy Attacks by 10%.
    • Reduced the cast time of fully-charged Flame and Frost Heavy Attacks by 12.5%.
    • Removed increase cost poisons completely
      Developer Comments:
      There are two goals with all the changes listed above. First, we want the damage difference between Light Attack weaving and Heavy Attack weaving to be more prominent. Light Attacks should be the clear winner when you are trying to maximize damage per second, while Heavy Attacks should deal less damage per second in exchange for restoring resources. Second, we thought the increase cost poison zerg/tank meta was getting a bit stale and can only see it getting worse with the coming of Morrowind, we originally added them to remove the more skilled players from the game to alleviate some of the forum rage and present a better image to newer players; but now realize we were completely wrong to do so.

GREAT CHANGES +1 <3
  • GeminiImpact
    GeminiImpact
    ✭✭✭
    t3hdubzy wrote: »
    No mention of silks of the sun set change ?

This also struck me as odd... I would have expected the change to happen to Silks of the Sun as well seeing as its alter ego's, in the form of Ysgramor and Netch's Touch, were changed in the last PTS notes...
    Edited by GeminiImpact on May 17, 2017 2:28AM
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip] You're going too far overboard with this. You need to do thimgs incrementally. You're going to sink the game because of this. Pc not so bad, but console players have an easy way out and will take it. Alot of good console games out this yeae will leave eso forgotten.

But it'a your bed to make, enjoy a dwindling pc playerbase xD. To be fair most wont quit on this patch, most will wait till next patch if things dont get better.

[Edit for Profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_Bill on May 17, 2017 4:04PM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still not had a chance to check yet but as per my comment on the first page, where do medium weave attacks fall into this now, are the better DPS still as they don't offer resources or is the time reduction enough to force them into full heavy attacks.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How is anything in 3.x update better/more efficient/healthy/sane than simply putting softcaps for stats back in the game?

So much this.

Shame no one at ZoS is smart enough to understand.

All The Best
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
  • Rungar
    Rungar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

while I like the changes, they do not address the frost staff problems. The frost staff should be at least a 25-50% reduction in dmg, and 25-50% cast time reduction.

as long as the taunt is on it, it is a tank weapon and nothing else.

It's 0.0666 of a second to midnight.

Rungar's Mystical Emporium
  • Draqone
    Draqone
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rungar wrote: »
    while I like the changes, they do not address the frost staff problems. The frost staff should be at least a 25-50% reduction in dmg, and 25-50% cast time reduction.

as long as the taunt is on it, it is a tank weapon and nothing else.

I am not against Frost staff tanking but that taunt is stupid. They should remove it and move the Taunt to a skill.
    ESO Balance:
    “All skills are equal, but some skills are more equal than others.”
  • Tulach
    Tulach
    ✭✭
    What is being done to address the fact that as a magicka user if we all now have to heavy attack for resources that the only choice we have now as a magicka user is to use a ranged staff weapon? As a magicka dk dps who is forced by my class abilities to stay in melee range to be effective I am now being forced to use a staff which is a max ranged weapon. How does this make sense at all? I used to be able to make the choice of wearing a sword and board and heavy armor to survive longer in melee range at the loss of some dps. It was already a choice. Now that choice is not even possible because all tools for maintaining resources have been removed. So what went from being a somewhat challenging class to play has now effectively been removed from the game.

The changes to the pet healer are also absurd. Instead of addressing the power of the massive heals it can produce you change it to make is completely un-useable. A pet that regularly runs off, paths through walls, disappears, goes underground, and now you are going to require the pet to be line of sight with the intended target? YA that makes a bunch of sense. Why not make the heal pet tiny and summoned over the casters shoulder as a familiar. Have him stay tethered to the casters shoulder, make him look cool, you can even sell skins if you want in the crown store for them. Then the line of sight changes make sense. Otherwise ya not going to be useable.
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    Why reduce staff heavy attack channel time more than bow? And why just flame and frost and not lightning and Resto?

Because lightning has much better splash damage then fire or ice. Not to mention fire staff heavy attacks took forever. Like a wind up for a pitcher.
    Edited by Stopnaggin on May 17, 2017 4:05PM
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If your wind up is like that you'll not be playing above A ball.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Ayame-chan
    Ayame-chan
    ✭✭
    deleted
    Edited by Ayame-chan on May 17, 2017 8:13PM
    So viel zu tun und so wenig Zeit.