The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PVP should be across the map of Tamriel

• Zyrudin
    Zyrudin
    ✭✭✭✭
    linzion wrote: »
    Even those who enjoy Role-play Elder Scrolls would have more fun.

Having seen quite a lot of other mmo's, I HIGHLY doubt this.. There's nothing more annoying than a good wellplayed RP event that gets destroyed by a bunch of nobrained PvP'ers.. And it WILL happen
    Imagine with me a role play scene.
    Think of this scene as something that the player chooses to participate or not ...
    Using the imagined buff active or passive in certain regions marked as dangerous. Or I still know that a channel separation is possible ...

I see many quest in which we get only in one place until the quest is finished those in which we go to the background and it only remains ghosts (npc) ... so I imagine that can be done to "channel" in which only Those signed with the buff Active view and interact with such a "fight"

I have a vampire character (AD) ....
    My friend a werewolf character (DC) ...
    On a full moon night on EP maps.

Or even ... as in the elder scroll lore ... picture High Elves in a fight for territory against the humans Imperials as well as this in the reports in skyrim lorebook ...

So much could be imagined arising from the contexts in the morrowind lore, oblivion, Skyrim <3

I don't know if it would be worth to create a server just for three players, one from each faction. (Kidding) :smirk:

Now seriously: Not only do I speculate that the PvP open world server would be deserted in terms of population, I know that most PvE'rs do not want to PvP in a PvE zone, nor to be audience to PvP happening around them.
    Options
  • linzion
    linzion
    ✭✭✭
    Zyrudin wrote: »
    Even those who enjoy Role-play Elder Scrolls would have more fun.

Having seen quite a lot of other mmo's, I HIGHLY doubt this.. There's nothing more annoying than a good wellplayed RP event that gets destroyed by a bunch of nobrained PvP'ers.. And it WILL happen
    Imagine with me a role play scene.
    Think of this scene as something that the player chooses to participate or not ...
    Using the imagined buff active or passive in certain regions marked as dangerous. Or I still know that a channel separation is possible ...

I see many quest in which we get only in one place until the quest is finished those in which we go to the background and it only remains ghosts (npc) ... so I imagine that can be done to "channel" in which only Those signed with the buff Active view and interact with such a "fight"

I have a vampire character (AD) ....
    My friend a werewolf character (DC) ...
    On a full moon night on EP maps.

Or even ... as in the elder scroll lore ... picture High Elves in a fight for territory against the humans Imperials as well as this in the reports in skyrim lorebook ...

So much could be imagined arising from the contexts in the morrowind lore, oblivion, Skyrim <3

I don't know if it would be worth to create a server just for three players, one from each faction. (Kidding) :smirk:

Now seriously: Not only do I speculate that the PvP open world server would be deserted in terms of population, I know that most PvE'rs do not want to PvP in a PvE zone, nor to be audience to PvP happening around them.
    Maybe I'm not clear, but I did not talk on a separate server, I talked about buff or a channel ...

And I do not believe PVE is a majority, not even PVP is a majority, I just think we all want to have fun together. \o/
    Options
  • Zyrudin
    Zyrudin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe I'm not clear, but I did not talk on a separate server, I talked about buff or a channel ...

And I do not believe PVE is a majority, not even PVP is a majority, I just think we all want to have fun together. \o/

What exactly do you mean by "buff or channel", then, @linzion?

Options
  • boobafinno
    boobafinno
    ✭✭✭
    It does not make sense AD to walk quietly as in a country walk in EP or DC territory
    Since this is a war, why is not pvp area the map of the enemy faction ??

also ALL loot and stuff in inventory and on player equipped should be lootable for everyone after player's death.
    Options
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm with you. The lack of real world PvP outside of cyrodil sucks. Makes most of the game static and boring. All these beautiful landscapes and there is no real danger, just NPCs to contend with. Real world PvP would make this game dangerous and exciting.

Oh yeah it would.

But it would also wreck things for pvers which is the majority of the game pop.
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
    Options
  • Zyrudin
    Zyrudin
    ✭✭✭✭
    boobafinno wrote: »
    also ALL loot and stuff in inventory and on player equipped should be lootable for everyone after player's death.

Ah! Another reason for the "No".
    Options
  • TheNorthernDragon
    TheNorthernDragon
    ✭✭✭
    Congratulations on demonstrating why people find pvpers (or at least their most vocal examples) to be unpleasant to be around. The constant sneering, trash talk, etc..... so charming.

What's a PvP player called? A player. What's a PvE militant called? A care bear. It's ur ilk that has the stigma. Like, u'r so opposed to player made conflict, u refuse to acknowledge my server split suggestion wouldn't affect ur safe space.

What are you, 12?
    Options
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Scragnew60 wrote: »
    They need to make a dlc that where that zone is pvp. You get more gold for quest and from npcs and you get like double the nodes from silk and ore. Kinda of like a risk reward scenario.

If you want PvP, the PvP is your reward. IC already has a separate currency.
    Options
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    People need to stop pretending that citizens of one empire can't walk unaccosted in another empire they are warring with. Have you played the damn game? Not only is my Kajiit Stamplar in DC, there are NPCs that are similarly in zones outside their race's alliance. Just because armies go to war doesn't mean that civilians start attacking one another.

This is not a justification for open world PvP. Stop pretending that something inherent to the ESO stories calls for open world PvP.

The only justification for open world PvP would be enough people wanting it to make it worth the development cost and the separate instances (and potential performance hits). I am not familiar with open world PvP. Is it limited to 1v1 like duels? If not, if there is a free for all with 30 people, how do you decide who is on which side? If it is limited by alliance, go to Cyrodiil.
    Options
  • TheStankTank
    Casterial wrote: »
    Originally, the bounty system idea was this. A player collects bounty from another that has it in the world by simply hunting them and killing them. This was scrapped.

That would have been incredible.
    Options
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    mtwiggz wrote: »
    Reminds me of something. Ah yes, PvP players being forced to do PvE content to have BiS gear...

I do however agree with you. Just think it's funny. Many games these days that have PvP and PvE separate gear so that PvP players can get the best PvP gear through PvP and vice-versa. Wish ESO would do the same. Running undaunted dungeons, trials and vMA is a serious waste of salt farming time.

Well I agree with you, but I'd go a step further. Everyone should have a possibility to get BiS gear. PvE soloers, PvE groupers, PvPers. Crafters, traders etc. It just should be hard/expensive/time consuming enough.

Allowing crafters to get BiS would be easy mode.
    Options
  • Potenza
    Potenza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love my PVP. But i do not want to see it as open world PVP.
    Options
  • Keep_Door
    Keep_Door
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love this and am all for it. That being said it would turn alot of people off of this game.

PvE/PvP servers !!!!! Although the servers we already have seem tough to handle.

Sounds fun , but will never happen.
    Options
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark
    ✭✭✭
    Full open world PVP in EOS would be a terrible idea. I'd alienate a massive section the player base and ensure new players never even gave the game a shot.

I would like to see more pvp options for people that want them though. In Oblivion, I remember the while gladiator-esque storyline with an arena and everything. I would love to see arenas added to major cities where people could engage in rule handled pvp against each other (so not some crazy free for all) where us PVE people could sit in stands and watch or even place bets.

Gladiators could get rank, a skill tree line, coin, etc.

Definitely would like to see the bounty/justice system working.
    Options
  • linzion
    linzion
    ✭✭✭

@Zyrudin
    A rough example of the idea.

3e525b64e4eb429dbdd1449a2bf216aa.png

My character is vampire stage 4, with this I accept the benefit of running even furtive.

But I ACCEPT the evil of being much more vunerable to fire ... and health regeneration -75% (I was not forced)
    I accept the benefits of Stone Worrior ... (I was not obliged)
    I agree to be vuneravel to another Player with Buff (PK) Player Kill (I was not obliged)
    With Buff PK Player Kill active would be seen by another perssonage with the red penumba as we see the enemy NPC ..

PK enabled
    93d52dc718834e069e7d70a4d11b28e6.png

PK disabled
    2e5beafcc8d449cd91cd906af261b850.png

So you do not want this kind of real enemy ... just need to activate the Buff PK Player Kill
    And he would remain only an enemy of the NPC.
    And everyone happy forever without fights.

Edited by linzion on April 28, 2017 5:12PM
    Options
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Zyrudin

My character is vampire stage 4, with this I accept the benefit of running even furtive.

But I ACCEPT the evil of being much more vunerable to fire ... and health regeneration -75% (I was not forced)
    I agree to be vuneravel to another Player with Buff (PK) Player Kill (I was not obliged)
    With Buff PK Player Kill active would be seen by another perssonage with the red penumba as we see the enemy NPC ..

PK enabled

PK disabled

So you do not want this kind of real enemy ... just need to activate the Buff PK Player Kill

So Lineage 2, basically.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
    Options
  • linzion
    linzion
    ✭✭✭
    DanaDark wrote: »
    Full open world PVP in EOS would be a terrible idea. I'd alienate a massive section the player base and ensure new players never even gave the game a shot.

I would like to see more pvp options for people that want them though. In Oblivion, I remember the while gladiator-esque storyline with an arena and everything. I would love to see arenas added to major cities where people could engage in rule handled pvp against each other (so not some crazy free for all) where us PVE people could sit in stands and watch or even place bets.

Gladiators could get rank, a skill tree line, coin, etc.

Definitely would like to see the bounty/justice system working.
    Hardly a real newbie leaves the map of the faction without having the champion 1

The map of the faction itself could be the safe map
    Options
  • SanSan
    SanSan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SanSan wrote: »
    This will never happen and for that i am glad.
    Never know. Do not limit your happiness to so little companion

Why would i be happy not being able to complete quests and just dying? Please tell me that.
    As someone above said, this is the wrong game for open world pvp.
    If they had a separate server for it then sure go right on ahead, it won't bother with my questing.
    Options
  • linzion
    linzion
    ✭✭✭
    Cadbury wrote: »

@Zyrudin

PK enabled

PK disabled

So Lineage 2, basically.
    I never played the one you mentioned but I'll meet you then.
    Options
  • linzion
    linzion
    ✭✭✭
    This will never happen and for that i am glad.
    Never know. Do not limit your happiness to so little companion

Why would i be happy not being able to complete quests and just dying? Please tell me that.
    As someone above said, this is the wrong game for open world pvp.
    If they had a separate server for it then sure go right on ahead, it won't bother with my questing.

My friend, if you read the direction of the idea ... you would see that it is not really what is being said ...
    See and I realized that it does not disturb the quest of anyone ... absolutely nobody.https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4062669/#Comment_4062669
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It does not make sense AD to walk quietly as in a country walk in EP or DC territory

@linzion

Finish the main story with the Prophet and in Coldharbor and it will make sense why we can enter other zones without having to fight our way through or out.

I'm not going to add any spoiler here.
    Edited by idk on April 28, 2017 5:26PM
    Options
  • sarbonn
    sarbonn
    ✭✭✭
    If pvp became mandatory for me in the game (with this type of suggestion), I would leave immediately and find another game. I do not enjoy pvp in any way, shape or form. I play the game to fight against the environment, not to fight other players. If I wanted that sort of game, I would play that sort of game.
    Clueless, but willing to learn.
    Options
  • linzion
    linzion
    ✭✭✭

@linzion

Finish the main story with the Prophet and in Coldharbor and it will make sense why we can enter other zones.
    Exactly, what is left after the quest ends ...?
    Make furniture for house .. set farm in dungeons?
    So why a world so vast, without a real adventure like that will become a 3D chat of romantic relationships.
    Options
  • linzion
    linzion
    ✭✭✭
    sarbonn wrote: »
    If pvp became mandatory for me in the game (with this type of suggestion), I would leave immediately and find another game. I do not enjoy pvp in any way, shape or form. I play the game to fight against the environment, not to fight other players. If I wanted that sort of game, I would play that sort of game.
    It was not said obligatory friend. @sarbonn
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4062669/#Comment_4062669
    Edited by linzion on April 28, 2017 5:32PM
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@linzion

Finish the main story with the Prophet and in Coldharbor and it will make sense why we can enter other zones.
    So why a world so vast, without a real adventure like that will become a 3D chat of romantic relationships.

@linzion

Seems hive done it all. Not everyone has cleared vMoL HM and has that on farm like yourself. Since it seems like you have done it all, including Emporer it seems your in luck that they're adding vHoF and a new zone to quest in.

If I've made an incorrect assumption based on your statement then my bad but at least you know what you had left to work on.
    Options
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@linzion

Yes, all of which are better than any form of pvp.

But that's not what he was talking about - he said "and it will make sense why we can enter other zones." i.e, why you can walk around there without pvp happening.
    Edited by Kiralyn2000 on April 28, 2017 5:41PM
    Options
  • linzion
    linzion
    ✭✭✭
    I play the game to fight against the environment, not to fight other players. If I wanted that sort of game, I would play that sort of game.
    So for you is more interesting single player, not mmo.
    Options
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play the game to fight against the environment, not to fight other players. If I wanted that sort of game, I would play that sort of game.
    So for you is more interesting single player, not mmo.

? fighting against the environment, with other players, is kind of a central feature of MMOs.
    (dungeons, raiding, that kind of thing...)
    Edited by Kiralyn2000 on April 28, 2017 5:44PM
    Options
  • TheNorthernDragon
    TheNorthernDragon
    ✭✭✭
    boobafinno wrote: »

Tell me, in what world do I die, and then my killer gets access to my bank accounts? Where does that happen?
    Options
  • linzion
    linzion
    ✭✭✭
    We'll ... all be happy killing groups NPC (without artificial intelligence) forever.
    Or playing house, maybe in a stable virtual relationship.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4062669/#Comment_4062669
    Options
This discussion has been closed.