The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PVP should be across the map of Tamriel

• Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    linzion wrote: »
    Cadbury wrote: »
    If (emphasis on "if" )they ever decide to add open-world PvP, I imagine it will be a separate server.

That being said, I've yet to find an MMO that was primarily PvE sudden switch to open-world PvP a few years later.
    Say that there is always the first time for almost everything ... the name of this novelty can be innovation.

Convincing the shareholders is a whole other ballgame.
    So I ask that question again .... where is this data? I would like to know where you are taking away so much theory that it seems to me fictitious invented by itself.

Um...what?

All I'm saying is they'll probably add open-world PvP on the same day they add a South American server.

If ZOS wants to add these someday, then so be it. In the end, it's their decision.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • linzion
    linzion
    ✭✭✭
    If (emphasis on "if" )they ever decide to add open-world PvP, I imagine it will be a separate server.

That being said, I've yet to find an MMO that was primarily PvE sudden switch to open-world PvP a few years later.
    Say that there is always the first time for almost everything ... the name of this novelty can be innovation.

Convincing the shareholders is a whole other ballgame.
    So I ask that question again .... where is this data? I would like to know where you are taking away so much theory that it seems to me fictitious invented by itself.

Um...what?

All I'm saying is they'll probably add open-world PvP on the same day they add a South American server.

If ZOS wants to add these someday, then so be it. In the end, it's their decision.

But, talk about South American server and shareholder
    Talk about the idea in the post friend.
    See the idea and talk about it only know that thinking about it is not a bad idea. Will not harm anyone ...
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4062669/#Comment_4062669
    I admit that I do not hope that this will happen ... but it is not a bad idea. And also is not why investors in the market do not want ... and also is not why PVE players do not want it ...
    Edited by linzion on April 28, 2017 11:18PM
  • Zyrudin
    Zyrudin
    ✭✭✭✭
    @linzion

I see you are very motivated by this idea, but it is awful to put PvP in a PvE area, especially in Elder Scrolls.
    Not every player wants to be always on the edge and looking over their shoulder all the time - when they do they go to Cyrodiil or IC.
  • Appleblade
    Appleblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because it may surprise you, many common folk care nothing about the war. Also, the focus of the war is the Ruby Throne. Most fighting is going to be focused as it is in the actual pvp zone

I'd actually like to see a Conscientious Objector title if you've never joined a campaign.
  • kamimark
    kamimark
    ✭✭✭✭
    It does not make sense AD to walk quietly as in a country walk in EP or DC territory
    Since this is a war, why is not pvp area the map of the enemy faction ??

It is world-wide. You can challenge anyone to a duel. If they ignore you, you go away or get reported for harassment. That's the best PVP ever.
    Kitty Rainbow Dash. pick, pick, stab.
  • linzion
    linzion
    ✭✭✭
    kamimark wrote: »
    It does not make sense AD to walk quietly as in a country walk in EP or DC territory

It is world-wide. You can challenge anyone to a duel. If they ignore you, you go away or get reported for harassment. That's the best PVP ever.
    I do not like dueling ... it's just exhibitionism in my opinion ...
    In my custom settings is auto-decline duels
    PvP in the elder scroll world would see the survival challenge a real adventure.
    NPC offer no challenge
    Edited by linzion on April 29, 2017 1:13AM
  • Terror
    Terror
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to see a PvP enabled server beside the standard server, I would absolutely play on the PvP server, it adds a lot of fun to the game, I've found myself stop questing to do world pvp with a ganker for hours on end in other games. Even made friends from it on more than one occasion.
  • scorpiodog
    scorpiodog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Again, guys. If u hate PvP, us immersion lover PvP guys want you to have your own server. The server options is a long standing and successful staple of MMO games.

What's the profit motive for ZOS to implement this idea of separate servers? Are you willing to buy it for $40 plus pay an additional PvP subscription? On an idea that will probably fail after everything is said and done?

This is just another "hey I got an idea" post without any real thought going into why Zenimax would devote resources into implementing the idea.
  • linzion
    linzion
    ✭✭✭
    scorpiodog wrote: »
    Again, guys. If u hate PvP, us immersion lover PvP guys want you to have your own server. The server options is a long standing and successful staple of MMO games.

What's the profit motive for ZOS to implement this idea of separate servers? Are you willing to buy it for $40 plus pay an additional PvP subscription? On an idea that will probably fail after everything is said and done?

This is just another "hey I got an idea" post without any real thought going into why Zenimax would devote resources into implementing the idea.

well, all things are built on the basis of ideas. Everything we know from men started with "hey I got an idea".
    The Elder Scroll, dungeons and dragons, doom, fallout, atomic bomb, electric power ... internet, computer, mac, iphone ... gravity ...
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP is a vile, terrible thing, inhabited by vile, terrible people*. I would not be here, if it were a "pvp game". I won't claim to speak for "many of us" or anything like that.

* not all of them, of course. But enough to make the entire thing a hive of scum and villainy.

Ok but why not allow world pvp in zones that are not your faction? There's more than enough content to get to 50 in your own safe zone. Make non faction zones pvp enables. You want to venture out of your "shire" and see the world? you take on that risk. Pvers and pvpers need to learn to compromise Sometimes this game is too care bear. If that's a bridge to far than Why not allow pvp flags? I'm sure you wouldn't care if you had the ability to disable pvp on your toon.

One tamriel could easily support these ideas.
    Edited by LegacyDM on April 29, 2017 3:23AM
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭

well, all things are built on the basis of ideas. Everything we know from men started with "hey I got an idea".
    The Elder Scroll, dungeons and dragons, doom, fallout, atomic bomb, electric power ... internet, computer, mac, iphone ... gravity ...

But people also recognise when NOT to do something. This is built on the basis of "hey, that's a bad idea"...
  • linzion
    linzion
    ✭✭✭

But people also recognise when NOT to do something. This is built on the basis of "hey, that's a bad idea"...
    Well, that's not constructive. Coming out of context
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Okay, "PvP alliance zones, that's a bad idea that will drive away the majority of paying customers and will turn all of Nirn into an irritating gankfest".

Howbowdat?
  • linzion
    linzion
    ✭✭✭

Okay, "PvP alliance zones, that's a bad idea that will drive away the majority of paying customers and will turn all of Nirn into an irritating gankfest".

Howbowdat?
    I already think it would bring even more paying players, since it would be an even more fun game.
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is Cyrodiil, IC, dueling and the upcoming battle grounds not enough?
    PS4 Pro NA
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With people thinking like this, it's probably high time this game split servers... a PVP server and a PVE server. That way all the stupid nerfs that PVP players cry for and whine about until they get their way would then ONLY affect them... and the rest of us could live in peace and quiet.

If you wanted to PVP you'd log into a different server, much like you do with choosing EU or NA... Gear and toons would be transferable between them, but the gameplay would be different. It might also fix some of the crazy lag we have to tolerate due to over populated areas - and we could have a PVE friendly Cyrodiil too - where it would work like ravaging barbarians attacking the castles, or Imperial takeovers of keeps and outposts that players would have to defend against etc ...
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Howbowdat?
    I already think it would bring even more paying players, since it would be an even more fun game.

Nah
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Any race, any Alliance ... It makes perfect sense that my AD character can walk quietly in EP or DC territory because strangers have no way of knowing her allegiance.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If this happens watch a large chunk of Eso player base leave , this is why I think it will NEVER happen
    I do not believe it, these phrases to leave are just dramatic phrases, they are already accustomed to the game, if they leave whatever the reason is because they are already tired and not for some change ... will leave even late or late .
    There must be improvements for those who will continue to play. The Elder Scrolls and no farms.

This isn't the improvement , ideas like this have come up before over the years and I think they weren't liked then , and before anyone calls me a care bear I PvP about 70% of the time , but I do that in the correct PvP zone and when I'm in the Pve area I can do this without hassle that PvP would bring to it
    Edited by White wabbit on April 29, 2017 6:04AM
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What's with all the carebear name calling anyway? No one sees that this is obviously PVP players belittling us PVE players? PVP players feel we are lesser gamers so they want to have PVP game wide so not only can they pick on us in the forums, they can then pick on us in the game too.

I mean it's quite obvious at this point isn't it? Tack on the few people mentioning they want to steal our gold and hard earned equipment and it became crystal clear to me. This is nothing more then PVP folks wanting the option to be even bigger bullies then they already are in Cyrodill.
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • linzion
    linzion
    ✭✭✭
    coop500 wrote: »
    What's with all the carebear name calling anyway? No one sees that this is obviously PVP players belittling us PVE players? PVP players feel we are lesser gamers so they want to have PVP game wide so not only can they pick on us in the forums, they can then pick on us in the game too.
    I mean it's quite obvious at this point isn't it? Tack on the few people mentioning they want to steal our gold and hard earned equipment and it became crystal clear to me. This is nothing more then PVP folks wanting the option to be even bigger bullies then they already are in Cyrodill.
    @Imryll
    Friend, do not complicate, this game is Elder Scrolls ... Tamriel was to be a dangerous place, this is just a game.
    I do not think anyone is better than nobody ...
    This is The elder scrolls Tamriel or is Alice in Wonderland?
    I just think it must be more dangerous to walk around Tamriel. Not a walk in the park. Not to mention that there is a war between demons (Daedra/Aedras) and various humanoid races.

But we're walking in a beautiful park.
    Edited by linzion on April 29, 2017 5:04PM
  • linzion
    linzion
    ✭✭✭
    If this happens watch a large chunk of Eso player base leave , this is why I think it will NEVER happen
    I do not believe it, these phrases to leave are just dramatic phrases, they are already accustomed to the game, if they leave whatever the reason is because they are already tired and not for some change ... will leave even late or late .
    There must be improvements for those who will continue to play. The Elder Scrolls and no farms.

This isn't the improvement , ideas like this have come up before over the years and I think they weren't liked then , and before anyone calls me a care bear I PvP about 70% of the time , but I do that in the correct PvP zone and when I'm in the Pve area I can do this without hassle that PvP would bring to it
    In all the Trailer ESO was shown dangerous tamriel ... not a park solely. If so, I put mod in Skyrim and I'm playing offline. Is much more beautiful offline.
  • linzion
    linzion
    ✭✭✭
    Tholian1 wrote: »
    Why is Cyrodiil, IC, dueling and the upcoming battle grounds not enough?

no
    Edited by linzion on April 29, 2017 5:02PM
  • Rainwhisper
    Rainwhisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That would be an entirely different game, and one I have zero interest in playing. I don't care what your faction is. I'm just here for quests. If I'm doing PvE content in Cyrodiil, feel free to kill me. I have no interest in killing you.
  • Rainwhisper
    Rainwhisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    could allways have 2 servers.
    one for pve and one for pvp.

people say it cost money but that's just not true.
    just excuse to not let us have our fun.

This has been done in other games (e.g. Darktide in Asheron's Call). The players who wanted it loved it. The rest of us stayed as far away as possible.
  • linzion
    linzion
    ✭✭✭
    could allways have 2 servers.
    one for pve and one for pvp.

people say it cost money but that's just not true.
    just excuse to not let us have our fun.

This has been done in other games (e.g. Darktide in Asheron's Call). The players who wanted it loved it. The rest of us stayed as far away as possible.
    We're talking about The Elder Scrolls about Tamriel's Story. The continent full of dangers. No other game then ... that does not make sense ...
    Edited by linzion on April 29, 2017 5:11PM
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Imryll
    Friend, do not complicate, this game is Elder Scrolls ... Tamriel was to be a dangerous place, this is just a game.
    I just think it must be more dangerous to walk around Tamriel. Not a walk in the park. Not to mention that there is a war between demons (Daedra/Aedras) and various humanoid races.

Thank you for proving what I said...

PVP players thoughts: PVE players = little kids that just want to play in the park.

Calling the zone worlds a walk in the park just proves you want to mess with casual PVE gamers. How dare we want to not die every two minutes because some ganker jerk is around the corner?
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • linzion
    linzion
    ✭✭✭
    @Imryll

Thank you for proving what I said...

PVP players thoughts: PVE players = little kids that just want to play in the park.

Calling the zone worlds a walk in the park just proves you want to mess with casual PVE gamers. How dare we want to not die every two minutes because some ganker jerk is around the corner?
    No friend.
    I'm not talking about players. I am talking of the game, Tamriel really is a dangerous place.

I'm not talking about people. And yes of the game. Elder Scroll is a full story of adventure and danger is what I said.

Other things and separations of types of players who are doing is you. I humbly ask that the topic be closed.
    Edited by linzion on April 29, 2017 5:34PM
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I believe OP wishes to gank ESO.

As that is what would be accomplished by having open world PvP.
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
This discussion has been closed.