The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.4 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Redguard nerf. WTF?

Detector
Detector
✭✭✭✭
Redguard Skills. Adrenaline Rush: This passive ability now restores Stamina based on your character level instead of your Max Stamina.
This will be a buff is your maximum resource is below 15,840 and a nerf if it is above.

15k stamina for high level? Seriosly? Any stamplayer have 25-30k stamina. It's grand nerf.
Fix it please.
And argonians for example:
Argonian Skills. Resourceful: This passive ability now restores Health, Magicka, and Stamina based on your character level instead of your Max Resource.
This will be a buff for each particular resource if your maximum is below 38,500 and a nerf if it is above.

All OK - 38,500.
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Detector wrote: »
    Redguard Skills. Adrenaline Rush: This passive ability now restores Stamina based on your character level instead of your Max Stamina.
    This will be a buff is your maximum resource is below 15,840 and a nerf if it is above.

15k stamina for high level? Seriosly? Any stamplayer have 25-30k stamina. It's grand nerf.
    Fix it please.
    And argonians for example:
    Argonian Skills. Resourceful: This passive ability now restores Health, Magicka, and Stamina based on your character level instead of your Max Resource.
    This will be a buff for each particular resource if your maximum is below 38,500 and a nerf if it is above.

All OK - 38,500.

Thats the whole point behind the change u know. To nerf it.
    Options
  • lunalitetempler
    lunalitetempler
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ehehe
    Options
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    good, no more redguard stamsorcs in heavy armor on pvp with infinity sustain
    Options
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edziu wrote: »

No more solo pvp in any armor
    Options
  • Fvh09NL
    Fvh09NL
    ✭✭✭
    Can't compare the argonian passive to the redguard's, the argonian only profits from it when using a potion (every ~45s), redguard passive gives you around an extra 400-500 stam recovery with an average build, which is insanely strong imo.
    Edited by Fvh09NL on April 18, 2017 11:10AM
    Options
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didgerion wrote: »

if you meant only redguard stamsorc in heavy was able for this solo pvp then yes, no more damn solo pvp then
    Options
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fvh09NL wrote: »
    Can't compare the argonian passive to the redguard's, the argonian only profits from it when using a potion (every ~45s), redguard passive gives you around an extra 400-500 stam recovery with an average build, which is insanely strong imo.

400-500 stam recover every 5 seconds on melee attacks only.

That's 200 stamina recovery. And if you run a stamina build with 2k-ish stamina recovery thats exactly 10% more stamina recovery.

Khajit for comparison has a passive that gives 10% stamina recovery + 20% health recovery.

Redguard literally is one of the worst classes now.
    Edited by Didgerion on April 18, 2017 11:25AM
    Options
  • Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's 200 stamina recovery. And if you are a stamina build with 2k-ish stamina recovery thats exactly 10% stamina recovery.

Khajit for comparison has a passive that gives 10% stamina recovery + 20% health recovery.

It's 1200 every 5 seconds with 40k max stamina on live at the moment.

That's 500 effective stamina regen you get without any investment into actual stamina regen. That's insanely strong and for most stamina heavy armour builds pretty much a mandatory passive.
    Options
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

if you meant only redguard stamsorc in heavy was able for this solo pvp then yes, no more damn solo pvp then

No I specifically said no more solo pvp in any armor

This sustain nerf will put solo players in great disadvantage - pray for BG being good because there will be no solo players in Cyrodiil anymore.
    Options
  • oibam
    oibam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gonna be the patch of heavy attack builds
    Options
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This sustain nerf will put solo players in great disadvantage - pray for BG being good because there will be no solo players in Cyrodiil anymore.

are you kidding me?
    no any nerfing changes to sorcs so they will be still able to go solo pvp and then streak away if they will se to big danger for them
    nightblades maybe will be also a bit able when again *cloak get fix* lol from breaking from some dots but I dont see it

at all no more with sustain nerf I think it will b eno more tanking zergs by annyoing healbots etc
    Options
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The nerf is justified in my opinion, the passive is clearly overperforming. Stop acting like a single racial passive (beside on 10% max stam and 10% stamregen) that gives more stamina sustain than Black Rose 5 piece bonus in 7 heavy armor is fine.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
    Options
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The nerf is justified in my opinion, the passive is clearly overperforming. Stop acting like a single racial passive (beside on 10% max stam and 10% stamregen) that gives more stamina sustain than Black Rose 5 piece bonus in 7 heavy armor is fine.

Exactly, people forget that redguards still have 10% stam and 10% regen ON TOP of Adrenaline Rush, which even nerfed will still give extra sustain.
    Options
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valencer wrote: »

That's 200 stamina recovery. And if you are a stamina build with 2k-ish stamina recovery thats exactly 10% stamina recovery.

That's 500 effective stamina regen you get without any investment into actual stamina regen. That's insanely strong and for most stamina heavy armour builds pretty much a mandatory passive.

500 stamina recovery thats 25%-ish more stamina recovery for medium armor players. Quite ballanced in my opinion. When it really gets unballanced now is when wearing heavy armor and/or perma-blocking. But those aspects are getting nerfed too and the passive on top of it. It just kills the race.

200 regen will still come handy for heavy armor users and tanks but the medium armor redguards got nerfed to the ground.

Options
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

are you kidding me?
    no any nerfing changes to sorcs so they will be still able to go solo pvp and then streak away if they will se to big danger for them
    nightblades maybe will be also a bit able when again *cloak get fix* lol from breaking from some dots but I dont see it

at all no more with sustain nerf I think it will b eno more tanking zergs by annyoing healbots etc

Magica sorcs will be the most op solo class in Morrowind in my oppinion that still might have enough sustain to solo play - but guess what - lots of other players that are solo-ing today won't solo in morrowind - there will be zergs everywere - magica sorcs can do nothing against zerg groups (with lots of players running eclipse and other nasty poisons) - open world solo play will die with Morrowind.
    Edited by Didgerion on April 18, 2017 12:12PM
    Options
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

are you kidding me?

Magica sorcs will be the most op solo class in Morrowind in my oppinion that still might have enough sustain to solo play - but guess what - lots of other players that are solo-ing today won't solo in morrowind - there will be zergs everywere - magica sorcs can do nothing against zerg groups (with lots of players running eclipse and other nasty poisons) - open world solo play will die with Morrowind.

yes this is true, only player able to solo will be sorcs because of no any stupid nerfs, still great sustain + the best mobility with survivability untouched

rip all other classes in solo/small scale pvp
    Options
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Subversus wrote: »

Exactly, people forget that redguards still have 10% stam and 10% regen ON TOP of Adrenaline Rush, which even nerfed will still give extra sustain.

Stacking up max stamina is not needed anymore since there won't be skills that restore your stamina based on your pool size anymore.

Stacking up weapon damage will be more beneficial now (also it gets buffed up significantly by major brutality).

The stamina pool of stamina builds will drop in morrowind to around 25k-ish and 10% increase effect on that resources will be negligible.
    So here is what the redguard's got:
    Exhilaration - Increases Stamina Recovery by 9% - cool recovery - I'll take it.
    Conditioning - Increases Max Stamina by 10% - not needed anymore -can I have something else here please
    Adrenaline Rush - ~10% regen on medium armor - I have to take it - it's still useful despite the nerf(currently it is ~ 25% )

In short redguard gets 20% increase in stamina recovery that's it.

Just one passive of Khajit race is evening that out:
    Nible - Increases your Health Recovery by 20% and Stamina Recovery by 10%.

but hey khajit has 2 more useful passives on top of that:
    Stealthy - Increases damage done while in Stealth by 10%.
    Carnage - Increases Weapon Critical by 8%.

Hmm what to pick Khajit or Redguard?

Edited by Didgerion on April 18, 2017 12:44PM
    Options
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Stacking up max stamina is not needed anymore since there won't be skills that restore your stamina based on your pool size anymore.

Stacking up weapon damage will be more beneficial now (also it gets buffed up significantly by major brutality).

The stamina pool of stamina builds will drop in morrowind to around 25k-ish and 10% increase effect on that resources will be negligible.
    Conditioning - Increases Max Stamina by 10% - not needed anymore -can I have something else here please
    Adrenaline Rush - ~10% regen on medium armor - I have to take it - it's still useful despite the nerf(currently it is ~ 25% )

What? % regen doesn't work multiplicative and Adrenaline Rush works through block. Redguards will still be good just not an uncontested nobrainer for stambuilds.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
    Options
  • Denyiir
    Denyiir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just re rolled to redguard few days ago, it really hurts :(
    Options
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I dont understand your math. How does 10% of stamina recovery on khajit even out 9% + Adrenaline rush on redguard?
    Also... what is this mess of post? Adrenaline rush is not 10% regen on medium armor build. With 2k regen on medium armor, another 10% on top IS STILL ONLY 10% of the base regen (~500 + stam regen from sets).

Also if you talk PvE you dont stack stam regen (at least currently) to enjoy any gain from stam regen increase. Making 200 regen on top something like 40%.
    If you talk PVP, khajit is like THE worst race so you probably have no idea what are you talking about.
    Edited by SodanTok on April 18, 2017 1:53PM
    Options
  • jakeedmundson
    jakeedmundson
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Same... just PAYED for a race change in the past month... if redguard isn't great anymore i'm going to be pretty pissed. 3000 crowns for a nerfed race? thanks zos... could have warned me first. If it ends up being bad... i fully expect a free race change token.
    CP690
    Lv 50 Dunmer DragonKnight Tank/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Sorcerer Dps
    Lv 50 Breton Templar Healer/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Nightblade Dps
    Lv 50 Redguard Sorcerer Dps
    PS4 - DC
    vSOHM - vAAHM - vHRC - vMA Flawless

My version of a Heavy Attack Sorc build
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/294724/magicka-sorc-heavy-attack-build-homestead-ready/p1?new=1
    Options
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *maleovent laugh*

Same... just PAYED for a race change in the past month... if redguard isn't great anymore i'm going to be pretty pissed. 3000 crowns for a nerfed race? thanks zos... could have warned me first. If it ends up being bad... i fully expect a free race change token.

now reroll to Orc.
    Edited by Ashamray on April 18, 2017 2:21PM
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
    Options
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ashamray wrote: »
    *maleovent laugh*

now reroll to Orc.

Yeh, reroll all Stam toons to orc it is!
    Options
  • jakeedmundson
    jakeedmundson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ashamray wrote: »
    *maleovent laugh*

now reroll to Orc.

It's what i changed FROM.... more sustain for the trade of slightly less dps. But i'll wait until the pts goes a little longer before i pass judgement. But right now, it seems over the top since all other stam aspects got hit too (medium armor passive nerf + every single skill cost increase)
    Edited by jakeedmundson on April 18, 2017 2:27PM
    CP690
    Lv 50 Dunmer DragonKnight Tank/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Sorcerer Dps
    Lv 50 Breton Templar Healer/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Nightblade Dps
    Lv 50 Redguard Sorcerer Dps
    PS4 - DC
    vSOHM - vAAHM - vHRC - vMA Flawless

My version of a Heavy Attack Sorc build
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/294724/magicka-sorc-heavy-attack-build-homestead-ready/p1?new=1
    Options
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This should include a free racial change ...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
    Options
  • Druid40
    Druid40
    ✭✭✭✭

1200/5=240
    Options
  • GloryPTS
    GloryPTS
    Have you actually looked at the value differences? Do some basic math for your character on live vs. on PTS for Redguard, then convert that to theoretical stamina recovery.

I am not home at the moment to test, but the overall net decrease when even having something like 40k stamina is something like 40-50 stamina recovery, a fair rebalancing to an over-performing passive.
    Edited by GloryPTS on April 18, 2017 3:06PM
    @Glory PTS tester account
    Options
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Druid40 wrote: »

1200/5=240

240*2=480
    Options
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah it is true. If you needed broken adrenaline rush and the CP to carry ur ass so u can sustain then obviously there will be no more solo PVP for you.
    Options
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The races that have no strong stamina or health regen passives like Imperial, the only race you have to pay more money to get btw, need to be buffed because the CP changes just make Redguard/Hight Elf the meta choice even more.
    Edited by Twohothardware on April 18, 2017 9:54PM
    Options