The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Please disable dueling in cities and around wayshrines

Shadow_Viper_vX
Shadow_Viper_vX
✭✭✭✭✭
And other busy areas. The lag on consoles at peak times is getting out of hand.
  • dpencil
    dpencil
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS needs to do something to actually incentivizes people dueling in other locations like Hammerdeath Arena. Until there's a way for duelers to find sparring partners without needing to go to cities, it's not really fair to force them out of the only places they can find people.
    Edited by dpencil on March 25, 2017 2:32AM
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nah, let them duel.
    PC/EU DC
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dpencil wrote: »
    ZOS needs to do something to actually incentivizes people dueling in other locations like Hammerdeath Arena. Until there's a way for duelers to find sparring partners without needing to go to cities, it's not really fair to force them out of the only places they can find people.

They could send them to their own instance for the duel...

or me.
    PS4 Pro NA
  • Shadow_Viper_vX
    Shadow_Viper_vX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Typhoios wrote: »
    Nah, let them duel.

That's not the issue...

Please pay closer attention
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Typhoios wrote: »
    Nah, let them duel.

That's not the issue...

Please pay closer attention

They should be able to duel anywhere they want. I was paying attention.
    Edited by Luigi_Vampa on March 25, 2017 2:51AM
    PC/EU DC
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yh like the ppl not dueling spamming AoE while they wait for there que in a dungeon don't cause lag get over urself. Let's add an instance for them too so u don't have lag. Stop blaming ppl dueling for the same thing people just standing on n town being bored do.
  • alexkdd99
    alexkdd99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tholian1 wrote: »

or me.

Oh yes let's add yet another load screen, actually 2 load screens one for entering and one for leaving.

I actually don't see all this dueling people talk about. I definitely don't get extreme lag from it.
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    alexkdd99 wrote: »

or me.

Oh yes let's add yet another load screen, actually 2 load screens one for entering and one for leaving.

I actually don't see all this dueling people talk about. I definitely don't get extreme lag from it.

It was just an idea. On PS4, performance has become increasingly worse since console launch. Frame rates are iffy and NPCs and objects take forever to load when entering a zone. It used to not be like that before the dueling and Tamriel: Overcrowded Edition.

I don't understand why the guards don't get involved and attack the duelers for disturbing the peace. That would certainly discourage it from happening on top of wayshrines in the cities.
    PS4 Pro NA
  • DragonBound
    DragonBound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly I do not see the big deal in many mmorpgs you can duel in cities, but yes maybe a designated area in the city would be cool but it needs to be big enough.
    Edited by DragonBound on March 25, 2017 4:38AM
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭

or me.

Agreed where are all these duels? Especially the supposed duels on crafting stations? Never seen a single duel at or on the crafting stations. Nor in the bank. Much ado about nothing
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Osteos wrote: »

or me.

Agreed where are all these duels? Especially the supposed duels on crafting stations? Never seen a single duel at or on the crafting stations. Nor in the bank. Much ado about nothing
    Same I have only seen a duel in Bank once and that was last week spent 5 minutes in there and didn't lag once.
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't blame people playing the game for it performing poorly. I hope their Cyrodiil data collecting helps them improve their net code, that is the real issue with lag.
  • FerrumnCutem
    FerrumnCutem
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's the only place I can find people who want to duel.
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blame the console. I have no issue on PC
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If somebody duels in a place where they shouldn't -- because it's otherwise too busy -- I often stand in the dueling circle, on horseback, or otherwise mildly grief them.
  • Shadow_Viper_vX
    Shadow_Viper_vX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If somebody duels in a place where they shouldn't -- because it's otherwise too busy -- I often stand in the dueling circle, on horseback, or otherwise mildly grief them.

I'm also curious as what mementos would be good for discouraging dueling in busy areas?
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No ZOS just need to fix the dam game.
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont duel, but I actually love that people do it close to the public from a roleplaying side of it, in real life people get into bar fights, fights over women/men, fights over who has the biggest car (mount) and so on
  • klowdy1
    klowdy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The system in WoW was always my favorite. No duals in cities, but the front gate was busy with fighters. People would create a place to meet close to one of the major cities.
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed. Disable duels in Mournhold, Wayrest and Elden Root please.

There are tons of places you can go to show off your yolo swag cheese builds. Don't do it in high traffic areas.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • Floki_Vilgerdarson
    Floki_Vilgerdarson
    ✭✭✭✭
    No duels in city limits please. It destroys lore and ambience.

• Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm also curious as what mementos would be good for discouraging dueling in busy areas?

Like the mud ball pouch? Great idea!
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerouyn wrote: »

I love this it gives me ultimate.
  • Shadow_Viper_vX
    Shadow_Viper_vX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artemiisia wrote: »
    I dont duel, but I actually love that people do it close to the public from a roleplaying side of it, in real life people get into bar fights, fights over women/men, fights over who has the biggest car (mount) and so on

And it doesn't break your immersion that people can duel right infront of a City Guard without the guard breaking up the brawl in the streets?
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dueling in crafting areas and banks was a problem for a few days on release, but not so much any more. been a long time since I have seen a duel in a crafting area or inside a building.

I do see a lot of duels happening near the undaunted enclaves and to me that makes sense that people would duel there. Lots of characters in the area and the whole premise of the undaunted is to prove yourself as a badass.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Shadow_Viper_vX
    Shadow_Viper_vX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not really, Undaunted is all about dungeons as the highest challenge.

Once again, alot of dueling goes on infront of the enclaves because alot of people need to go there regularly, which just contributes to the lag issues and the main reason why dueling needs to be disable in cities, around wayshrines and other busy areas(Undaunted Enclaves are a perfect example).
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerouyn wrote: »

Be careful with that.
    In order to truly discourage duelling in busy places you would have to use mud balls repeatedly. You would risk in turn being reported repeatedly for harassment and that may have consequences.
    Besides, I love those mementos and emotes that allow us to interact with other players and I don't want ZOS to stop creating them because they may be misused or abused.

Don't get me wrong : I *hate* duellers in towns too, and I think ZOS should drive them away one way or the other. But as a matter of fact, ZOS currently supports the position of "duel wherever you want", so if it comes to "disruptive duelling behaviour" vs. "disruptive mudballing behaviour", the mudballer will be considered at fault.

• Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it is annoying, and hard to do shopping when theres alot of LOUD sounds all around me and booming music, and the stupid lightning and fireworks all around the screen and screen shaking to point where im unable to focus on or even look properly at the items on the purchase list in the guild stores.
    I Hate it!
    please disable fighting ion and near towns or atleast make it a crime to fight in and around towns so people get attacked by the guards and chased off the area.
    please!
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artemiisia wrote: »

And it doesn't break your immersion that people can duel right infront of a City Guard without the guard breaking up the brawl in the streets?

nahhh, I just tell myself that the guards are bribed and getting a cut of the betting :)
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope you are aware of the fact that such offences are reportable, and eventually will lead to a temporarely ban. This is the same griefing people had, when players threw mud-balls on people that was dyeing their gear/costumes. People got punished for that & people will get punished for griefing duels, too.
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.