The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please disable dueling in cities and around wayshrines

• Eshelmen
    Eshelmen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PS4 first version here. I don't see the lag one bit.

Performance is far better now adays with dueling all around than before it was even in the game.
    Edited by Eshelmen on April 16, 2017 4:59AM
    PC and PS4 EP only player
  • Terror
    Terror
    ✭✭✭
    dpencil wrote: »
    ZOS needs to do something to actually incentivizes people dueling in other locations like Hammerdeath Arena. Until there's a way for duelers to find sparring partners without needing to go to cities, it's not really fair to force them out of the only places they can find people.

This isn't really true... they will simply gather at the city limits. (See WoW for reference.)
  • Shadow_Viper_vX
    Shadow_Viper_vX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    It's hugely annoying and I'm with you Op. I agree guards should attack the winning dualist after the kill. Or just block it entirely in towns.

Places like Craglorm during this event are lagging anyways with everyone doing Writs and suddenly people are dualing there too.

Nice one guys. Nice one. Walk like 200 metres and it wouldn't be so bad..

QFE!
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Skjoldur
    Skjoldur
    ✭✭✭
    Since it has become normal to fight right next to traders, merchants and wayshrines, I would also go for a roleplay specific solution: Duelling should be considered "Disturbing the peace" within city limits and should be tied into the Justice system.
    Edited by Skjoldur on April 17, 2017 9:09AM
  • Shadow_Viper_vX
    Shadow_Viper_vX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm honestly surprised that wasn't implemented with dueling, as part of the Justice System
  • Vercingetorix
    Vercingetorix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go a step further and disable ALL abilities and dueling within the city limits. No more spell spammers, lagging, and crashes in cities. Problem solved. Want to duel? Go someplace else.
    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • Shadow_Viper_vX
    Shadow_Viper_vX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be a great suggestion aside from the fact that there are Quests that require combat in some cities.
  • Shadow_Viper_vX
    Shadow_Viper_vX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps only allow abilities to be used when on certain quests with said quest selected as active quest.

Would also fix the spelling spamming lag trolling issue.
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That's the only place I can find people who want to duel.

Exactly this! It's not so easy to find dueling partners these days. When dueling was first added there were at least some people at Hammerdeath Arena in Stormhaven 24/7 but these days it's usually empty on PC NA.

Would be nice if some sort of dueling option checkbox were added to the group finder. You could be quickly paired up with anyone else who wants to duel, anywhere in the world.
    Edited by IcyDeadPeople on April 27, 2017 7:40AM
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not nessesairly disabling it but every single duel inside city perimeters (the area considered to be a safe zone - can log out instantly) should be counted as criminal act and dueling people should be stopped by city guards to pay fine.
  • Dracindo
    Dracindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Duels in a city? Never had lag, not even on my craptop. Try lowering your settings.

Duels should be possible inside a city, BUT (as @MaximusDargus said), I wouldn't mind it if the guards would step in to stop the duel, and fine them for it. After all, from an immersive perspective, lots of innocent by-stander NPC's could get hurt inside that storm of magic and steel.
  • Shadow_Viper_vX
    Shadow_Viper_vX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some people can't lower their settings ;-)
  • Shadow_Viper_vX
    Shadow_Viper_vX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This issue only contributes to the lag problem being more frequently experienced.
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Osteos wrote: »
    alexkdd99 wrote: »
    Tholian1 wrote: »
    dpencil wrote: »
    ZOS needs to do something to actually incentivizes people dueling in other locations like Hammerdeath Arena. Until there's a way for duelers to find sparring partners without needing to go to cities, it's not really fair to force them out of the only places they can find people.

They could send them to their own instance for the duel...

or me.

Oh yes let's add yet another load screen, actually 2 load screens one for entering and one for leaving.

I actually don't see all this dueling people talk about. I definitely don't get extreme lag from it.

Agreed where are all these duels? Especially the supposed duels on crafting stations? Never seen a single duel at or on the crafting stations. Nor in the bank. Much ado about nothing

I've seen them at the bank in Davon's Watch.
  • Shadow_Viper_vX
    Shadow_Viper_vX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Duels in the banks are especially disruptive and annoying
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree.. one of the more annoying things in the game. Need to be restricted to certain area.
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a question:
    How can people duelling in a city be any more disturbing and annoying than people randomly spamming skills left and right at a merchant/inside a bank?

Might as well prevent any skills to be cast within the city-perimeter then.
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "Get of my lawn you damn kids" -OP
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Typhoios wrote: »
    Typhoios wrote: »
    Nah, let them duel.

That's not the issue...

Please pay closer attention

They should be able to duel anywhere they want. I was paying attention.

What a great counter argument. You think of that all by yourself?

Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Shadow_Viper_vX
    Shadow_Viper_vX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a question:
    How can people duelling in a city be any more disturbing and annoying than people randomly spamming skills left and right at a merchant/inside a bank?

Great suggestion!!

Both contribute to lag problems equally
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a question:

Back in the days (2014) people using/spamming skills in busy city places like banks received warnings for uncivil behaviour.

Duelling and skill spamming are equally annoying. However, duelling lasts longer, is much more skill-intensive, and duellers tend to run/dodge-roll all over the place too. In the end, duelling is a far greater annoyance. Also, duellers don't seem to be happy enough with taking up everyone's visual and sound space. They also need to pollute /zone and /say chatboxes by commenting their own fights.
    The "look at me I'm duelling" attitude is still very strong.

Special mention goes to people duelling in the Elden Root tree in Grahtwood. It's not near a wayshrine. It's not near the Undaunted hub. They could also duel in the throne room upstairs. Or in the fighter's guild room. Or in the mages' guild room. But, no. They HAVE to do it all day long in the main area, with the crafting stations and the bankers. The only explanation is that they enjoy being such a strong annoyance. Else, why do they do it there ?

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on May 1, 2017 5:14AM
  • Shadow_Viper_vX
    Shadow_Viper_vX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exactly, some people do it just to be toxic and annoying, to purposely have a negative impact on someone's else enjoyment of the game.
  • Shadow_Viper_vX
    Shadow_Viper_vX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dueling in cities just gives the spell spammers a 'justified' excuse to attempt to purposely cause lag.
  • Shadow_Viper_vX
    Shadow_Viper_vX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 'funny' thing is though, this would be a non-issue if the lag/performance problems were addressed/fixed once and for all...
  • LadyLavina
    LadyLavina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 'funny' thing is though, this would be a non-issue if the lag/performance problems were addressed/fixed once and for all...

this 100%

Dueling in cities just gives the spell spammers a 'justified' excuse to attempt to purposely cause lag.

that's a pretty ridiculous thing to say OP lol.
    PC - NA @LadyLavina 1800+ CP PvP Tank and PvP Healer
  • Xt2f_PTn
    Xt2f_PTn
    ✭✭
    Make street duels illegal for the safety of citizens and let guard and some barehanded nords in their duels.
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Removing duelling from cities would also put an end to the tactic of kiting your opponent into a guard or justice npcs.
    PS4 NA AD ScourgeVivec Loading Screen Simulator 2017
    Khajiit stamblade main - Walking the Two-Moons Path and robbing cute Breton boys.
    Breton magplar vet Trial Healer - Promoting wellness through self-reflection.
    Argonian Tripot DK Cyrodiil Tank - One with the Hist and guarding cute Breton boys.
    Altmer magsorc PvE DPS - Scamp tramp and unrepentant lush.

"30s to eval"
    "Read the ******* lorebook."
  • AoDD33pfri3d
    AoDD33pfri3d
    ✭✭✭
    It's called get better Internet dude, I never experienced a lag issue with the game.
  • Shadow_Viper_vX
    Shadow_Viper_vX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's called get better Internet dude, I never experienced a lag issue with the game.

Please educate yourself