The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Open letter to all who believe CP should be permanently removed.

• phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Betheny wrote: »
    Just remove Cyrodiil :lol:

That'll fix the pvp lag.

Hahaha!
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
    Options
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If CP would ever be removed from this game, I'm done.

I started playing this game because I liked the vertical progression this game had. Stop wanting it to be like Guild Wars 2 with this horizontal progression system so everyone can be on the same level.

If you like Azura so much, then by all means, STAY IN THERE! But don't come here and ruin the fun for people who actually enjoy their CP.
    Edited by andreasranasen on February 28, 2017 10:01PM
    #VMATOKENSYSTEM #WEAPONDYE #TRAITCHANGE #CROWNCRATELOVER
    • Alliance/Platform: Aldemerii - PS4/NA - CP 800+
    • Mag Sorc: Arya Rosendahl - Altmer - Highelf
    Options
  • Darth_Apache
    Darth_Apache
    ✭✭✭

That'll fix the pvp lag.

Can we also remove everyone else to reduce the lag?

Better yet; I will just play Skyrim so I don't get butthurt by all those higher level and higher cp than me.
    "Darth Apache XB1, NA, AD, StamBlade, DW/Bow"
    Insurrection - The Eye - The Nightshade Consortium
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Options
  • WhiteMage
    WhiteMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jitterbug wrote: »
    If you guys love no cp pvp so much why'd you ever leave azura?

I don't.

"If you love [pizza] so much why don't you marry it!"
    Remember than from kindergarten? Are we going back there now?
    Edited by WhiteMage on February 28, 2017 10:02PM
    The generally amicable yet sporadically salty magplar that may or may not have 1vXed you in Sotha Sil. Who knows?
    Options
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It adds variety until the CP cap is so high that you can max every tree. It will happen eventually.

They can just add new mechanics and/or new places to spend CP points if we ever get that far into the game.
    Options
  • Darth_Apache
    Darth_Apache
    ✭✭✭
    WhiteMage wrote: »

I don't.

You...you wanna marry Azura?
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Options
  • WhiteMage
    WhiteMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't.

You...you wanna marry Azura?

Have an awesome.
    The generally amicable yet sporadically salty magplar that may or may not have 1vXed you in Sotha Sil. Who knows?
    Options
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I don't.

There is literally no correlation between what I wrote and what you wrote.
    Options
  • ElliottXO
    ElliottXO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm with the other guy. Give a CP and no CP version of every campaign and let people decide.

With ESO becoming more and more popular we need more campaigns anyway.
    Options
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing is CP means a lot to some people. Mostly PvP players. On the other hand it is the source of ridiculous situations when one dude can hold block for "infinite" time (regardless of dmg taken) and 15+ people can't do nothing about it. Same goes for gear and even racial bonuses.

So PvP currently is almost impossible to be even close to be called "balanced". There are simply too many variables. 90% of what your character can do is the gear you have and CP. The rest is just RNG, and maybe like 1% skill / experience / tactics.

So at lest for PvP... ZOS can simply test how it will look like with no CP and gear bonus. Maybe it will be more balanced idk...
    Options
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gee I wonder how we all survived without CP back in the PC 1.2 - 1.5 days. smh
    And as to CP adding to build diversity I sure wish it would as most Stamina characters put 100 points into the same and Magicka the same equivalent for them.

I am not for removing CP, just for fixing them and make more diverse interesting passives, rather than just giving us back the 25% stats they took away from us letting us earn it back.
    Options
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cjthibs wrote: »
    I hear people say stuff like CP adds variety, i think its the opposite. You dont have to make choices on whether you want burst damage, high sustain, heals, be a tank, etc. Because with CP you can have it all. You dont have to make choices with your build much and choice between sustain or damage or survivability. I have no played a MMO ever where i could do insane DPS, heal myself back to full and be tanky all in one.

This. And as the cap rises, this will become even more noticeable.

CP also dissuades anyone below max level from trying PvP due to the enormous power spike that CP gives you.

And penalize players who worked hard for their CP? When I was a mere veteran rank 1 with 30 cp. I was thrown around like a pinball. What I did? I leveled up now no one can best me in Cyrodiil by themselves.

Because Cyrodiil is meant to be competitive. Having an advantage just because you played for longer isn't a competitive practice.

They do have non CP campaigns for Cyrodiil. If it means so much to you and others...PLAY THERE! Oh but wait...The active CP campaign has more people and is more active? That should be telling you something.
    Options
  • cjthibs
    cjthibs
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I started playing this game because I liked the vertical progression this game had. Stop wanting it to be like Guild Wars 2 with this horizontal progression system so everyone can be on the same level.

If you like Azura so much, then by all means, STAY IN THERE! But don't come here and ruin the fun for people who actually enjoy their CP.

Ha. If you hadn't noticed...this happened as a test to isolate lag issues. Not because 'we invaded the other campaigns.'

The rest of this is just discussion bro. People disagree with you, it's not the end of the world.
    Options
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem isn't CP - it's zergs. This week should hopefully make this painfully clear to ZoS. I made a post highlighting the issue and proposed a fix for dealing with zerglings: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/325828/cyrodiil-performance-and-a-solution#latest

Ridiculous suggestions sorry.
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
    Options
  • Darth_Apache
    Darth_Apache
    ✭✭✭
    Baranthus wrote: »
    The problem isn't CP - it's zergs. This week should hopefully make this painfully clear to ZoS. I made a post highlighting the issue and proposed a fix for dealing with zerglings: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/325828/cyrodiil-performance-and-a-solution#latest

Ridiculous suggestions sorry.

Again with the...
    BOOM.
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Options
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Tommy_The_Gun mostly pvp players? Well then lets remove the system then! I can hear the screams of joy from all the pve players.
    Options
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP shouldn't be removed from the game. It should be removed from Cyrodiil. Especially if it impacts the performance of anyone outside of the CP-enabled campaigns.

CP should be allowed in PVP or removed entirely from the game. Many of the people insulting those that are worried about the outcomes of this test are either PVE'rs or zerglings that are wiped by ball groups.
    I have noticed that the "good" pvp guilds have dissolved into the zergs this week. I guess the ball groups relied on the cheese builds max cp allowed.
    ZOS shouldn't spilt the class of gamers into PVE and PVP. The battle spirit passive in PVP proved the massive power creep that PVE has.

I think the best course of action for PVP would be to remove battle spirit, AOE caps, CP, and All proc sets(Not just the popular ones). Also remove CP from PVE, that way they get to see what being punked feels like.
    Options
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regarding CP, I play full time on Azura's Star so no CP but I am ABSOLUTELY AGAINST the idea of the permanent removal of CP.

That punishes a whole group of players just for enjoying their personal preference of play and would literally destroy a LOT of players entire collection of characters
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
    Options
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont PVP. I still think CP should be perminantly removed. Why?

Because by this point it's become too much of a problem. It's erroded every ounce of build diversity that has ever been, in terms of weapons. A few different setups with the same rotation isn't diversity. The complete lack of twohander builds in PVE in favor of the same, cooky cutter build is not diversity.

Remove CP. Introduce softcaps again. Balance the game around those softcaps, and not only will you bring more balance to the game, it'll create a more stable base for game balance.

And on the subject of ''screw new players', no. There's no sense in that statement. Your not more important than the new guy because you've been here for years. Hell, the fact this game is -anti- user friendly and does so poor a job at geting players ready for endgame with mechanics isn't a good thing. I've seen people, around CP 300, who still spam crystal frags or another class skill. Games broken. Game needs fixed. And if that burns you so much, well then consider going back to WoW, a game that has been happily catering to a few people who wanna live in the past in their own bubble for around ten years.

Catering to you people, and not paving the way for new guys to join in the fun, is how games die. Decide whether or not you want to be the death of the game, or suck it up and adapt.
    Edited by Doctordarkspawn on February 28, 2017 10:27PM
    Options
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That'll fix the pvp lag.

Can we also remove everyone else to reduce the lag?

Better yet; I will just play Skyrim so I don't get butthurt by all those higher level and higher cp than me.

They got rid of the lag in AS when they made it CP free. It was caused by most of the players leaving for TF.

I do like the "special" events they run. Maybe they could consider doing them more often. The double TV stones had IC full, and the double AP has all vet cp pop locked in prime time.
    Options
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Ha. If you hadn't noticed...this happened as a test to isolate lag issues. Not because 'we invaded the other campaigns.'

The rest of this is just discussion bro. People disagree with you, it's not the end of the world.

What are you talking about? Clearly I know that. Sit down.
    #VMATOKENSYSTEM #WEAPONDYE #TRAITCHANGE #CROWNCRATELOVER
    • Alliance/Platform: Aldemerii - PS4/NA - CP 800+
    • Mag Sorc: Arya Rosendahl - Altmer - Highelf
    Options
  • WhiteMage
    WhiteMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baranthus wrote: »
    Regarding CP, I play full time on Azura's Star so no CP but I am ABSOLUTELY AGAINST the idea of the permanent removal of CP.

That punishes a whole group of players just for enjoying their personal preference of play and would literally destroy a LOT of players entire collection of characters

I'm sure there is a group of players that would all like to play as emperors. We are doing them a grave injustice by forcing them to play as mortals with the rest of us.
    Options
  • Darth_Apache
    Darth_Apache
    ✭✭✭

What are you talking about? Clearly I know that. Sit down.

CTXnnuIUsAAUNqw.jpg:large
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Options
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only people that want cp removed are people that can't compete so instead of improving they just want to nerf you and you and you. The good players still wreck everyone. The bad players will still be stars on every one v x video ever made. Think about it. If you are on a you tube video and it's not yours that is no bueno.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
    Options
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sadownik wrote: »
    @Tommy_The_Gun mostly pvp players? Well then lets remove the system then! I can hear the screams of joy from all the pve players.
    Please read all. CP and gear bonus are making PvP even more impossible to be balanced. I didn't said to remove them. Currently CP are disabled in PvP and suddenly it feels more... normal ?
    There are no ridiculous situation when a whole group can't kill one dude who is perma - blocking & healing super fast.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on March 1, 2017 7:11PM
    Options
  • Surgee
    Surgee
    ✭✭✭✭
    CP adds variety to this game, to fine tune your builds and pick a certain setup that enhances your current gear.

I played in azuras star and maintained 2nd and top 5 in emp leaderboards throughout 2016, so I have experience playing with and without cp.

Lately I've seen people believing that pvp is better off without champion points, and ya know, that's fine, if that's how you like to play, Azuras star is always hiring.

But this cp removal is bringing out the worst in people. It's confirmed zenimax is returning (corrected typo) cp at the end of this week, but we have too many people spreading rumors that they will permenantly remove cp. Its NOT confirmed by ZOS so don't count on it. They took down cp for a good reason, not just because some streamer told them to.

Cp is a great way to continue character progression after lvl 50 and playing around with them, being you can change em any time, is fun, for both pvp and pve, so why permenantly remove them?

I personally like to keep a balance and have azuras as my guest and some CP campaign as my home. I, you, and many others have worked hard for our cp and gives us the edge in pvp.

My recommendation: if you hate CP so much, go to azuras star, it's been non cp for close to a year now.

P.S. I do support ZOS doing this solely to attempt to screen for a technical issue.

I think CP is a great addition to the game, but the problem is it allows for too great buff of some stats. People don't make their builds more varied with CP, but push their characters even further into one direction with CP, which in the end produces some insane results. I think it needs balancing... a lot of it.
    Options
  • Curtdogg47
    Curtdogg47
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think that at some point the CP is going to create more problems. I think there needs to be a cap set for CP in PVP. While I do like what the CP system brings to the game and my build specialization. It would be pretty lame to PVP in a world where everyone has every CP tree maxed. I personally feel that right now 600 CP is perfect for PVP builds. Its not to little and its not to much. But that's just me! Other people may feel that more is needed or less is needed.
    Options
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DHale wrote: »
    The only people that want cp removed are people that can't compete so instead of improving they just want to nerf you and you and you. The good players still wreck everyone. The bad players will still be stars on every one v x video ever made. Think about it. If you are on a you tube video and it's not yours that is no bueno.

That doesn't really make sense. If they take everyone's CPs away I'm fully aware that would mean mine too. So it would be nerfing everyone, myself included.
    Edited by Danksta on February 28, 2017 10:48PM
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

Options
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm having great fun on Cyrodiil atm. You definately notice the difference between the mass cheesy builds you usually see with CP and the really good players that still perform great as tanks or DDs with no CP!

Having said that I believe CP are pivotal to character progression and shouldnt be simply dismissed. ZOS must work on a way the re balance the whole thing
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
    Options
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its not about CP, its about what you get from it. There are like 4 * 3 * 3 stars but 90% of the people have equal split at phys/magic mitigation, some in bastion, some in crit resist, then everyone in reduction and recovery and then everyone in their respective damage. Thats not variety and the values are crazy big.
    Options