Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Maelstrom post Homestead 50 chests

• Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adjusted the distribution of Maelstrom weapons obtained from the Maelstrom Arena via the Leaderboards and drops.

Previously, this was divided evenly by weapon category (Destruction Staff, Two Hand, etc). Now, it is based on the individual item type (Dagger, One Handed Sword, etc), and all damage weapons within the item type have an equal probability to drop.
    We also slightly reduced the drop chance for Healing Staves, Bows, and One Hand and Shields.

HAH! Good one :lol:
  • Sovaso
    Sovaso
    ✭✭✭
    #NerfVMA
  • Horowonnoe
    Horowonnoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sovaso wrote: »
    #NerfVMA

#nerf Sovaso
    PC / NA
    Templar Healer "False Eye"
    Sorc Healer "Potema the Wolf Queen"
    Warden Healer "Heavy Attacks Online"
    Magicka Nightblade DPS "Nephaleth Telvanni"
    Dragonknight Tank "Nico's Facsimile"

Builds & Guides:
    Horow's Templar Healer Guide for Trials (Murkmire updated)
    How to get Felms to jump correctly in vAS HM?
    Horow's vMA Magicka Sorc Build for beginners and lazy farmers
    Horow's Magicka Sorc Triple Pet Heavy Attack Build - Summerset Isles Ready
    More builds at anthem-guild.com/pve/.

Notable Achievements:
    - World's first 18 Axes vAA clear
    - World's first 20+ enrage stack Llothis in vAS HM and World record cone damage
  • Meld777
    Meld777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the main problem with RNG is that it is truly random. Most players want it to be less random, actually. Like the probability of an item drop must increase with the number of times when it does not drop. Well, personally I wouldn't mind if ZOS would implement such a thing.

That's exactly how Black Desert fixed their RNG. It's called "Bad Luck Protection". It's also toggleable, so if you want full RNG, for example when you want 2 or 3 weapons of the same type, for whatever reason, you can have it.
    Maelstrom Arena Champion | Undaunted | Fighters Guild Victor

Level 50 Magicka NB | CP160+

nAA | vCoH1 HM | nSO | nCoA2 | nDSA | nMA | vVoM

PC EU
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Gorilla wrote: »
    Gorilla wrote: »

Was this the pet build recently posted under Infallible? Fun build if so. It's fun, easy, and pub-proof (i.e., I can play it after a session at the pub with few mistakes)

@Oreyn_Bearclaw

Yes it was, I talked to him about it :)
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • SlayerTheDragon
    SlayerTheDragon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After reading this I just cannot wait for Diablo 3 season 10 to start.
    ¤═══¤ People don't like it when you talk to them with your weapon drawn ¤═══¤
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really don't get the mindset here. Quitting a game because you cant get a staff that gives a slight BIS gain. running 'crap' you hate repeatedly over and over then quitting cos you hate it?

So if you had dropped the staff would you then have loved the game and stayed? What would you have achieved with that staff that you cant do now without it?

Not trolling. Just understanding.

I know i need the Sharp Inferno. But I've decided I don't want it. I'm still working on flawless / leaderboard and if the staff comes it comes. Fixating on it enough to go off the game, seems a bad approach.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Masel92 wrote: »
    VMA loot is beyond awful, and it certainly has driven and will continue to drive good players away from the game.

As for a VMA staff giving 4k DPS single target, sorry I dont buy it. Saying "trust me on this" without providing anything to back up your claim makes you sound like a politician.

Could they add 4k in a trash pull? Certainly.

The vMA lightning staff does add more than 4k DPS. 2 Ticks per second, 1341 More damage, multiplied by CPS etc. Proof:

vMA Staff in a HA Build:
    parseneu.png

MASTER Staff instead:
    screenshot_20170210_231932.png

I see your point. But if you know that you'll be losing 4k DPS why would you do a heavy attack build in the first place? If you want to be "competitive" you'd know better to not use a build that relies on a weapon you don't have, right? Its kinda logical to me :D

But here's the thing, if you have say a Nirnhoned Inferno (like I do), you can always have that on the back bar to benefit from the heavy attack damage boost. Plus your Blockade itself will deal 30% more damage (Burning Status and Engulfing). I'm not saying I'm an expert at heavy attack builds or anything, this is just a suggestion of a solution around the lack of a sharpened lightning staff. At least that's what a friend of mine does on his heavy attack DK build, even though he does have 3 sharp infernos and god knows how many sharp lightning staves. :tongue:
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Illurian
    Illurian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I just about choked on the amount of ego in the pissing competition this thread has derailed to.
    Kiss the chaos.
  • TheHsN
    TheHsN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is why this game makes me play less it more than before.... more than 200 run and i dont have any item that i can use... NOT A SINGLE ONE...

they need to fix RNG that is really BS now as it is.
    Plays:
    Magicka SORC - PvE/PvP
    Stamina NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka Templar - PvE
    Stamina Templar - PvP
    Magicka DK - PvE
    Stamina DK - PvE
  • WalkingLegacy
    WalkingLegacy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Although 50 runs seems a lot, overall it isn't a big enough sample to get reliable statistics

That's about 50 hours of game time and life not getting the weapon you need/want for a build.
  • jakeedmundson
    jakeedmundson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VMA loot is beyond awful, and it certainly has driven and will continue to drive good players away from the game.

As for a VMA staff giving 4k DPS single target, sorry I dont buy it. Saying "trust me on this" without providing anything to back up your claim makes you sound like a politician.

The vMA lightning staff does add more than 4k DPS. 2 Ticks per second, 1341 More damage, multiplied by CPS etc. Proof:

vMA Staff in a HA Build:
    parseneu.png

MASTER Staff instead:

I see your point. But if you know that you'll be losing 4k DPS why would you do a heavy attack build in the first place? If you want to be "competitive" you'd know better to not use a build that relies on a weapon you don't have, right? Its kinda logical to me :D

But here's the thing, if you have say a Nirnhoned Inferno (like I do), you can always have that on the back bar to benefit from the heavy attack damage boost. Plus your Blockade itself will deal 30% more damage (Burning Status and Engulfing). I'm not saying I'm an expert at heavy attack builds or anything, this is just a suggestion of a solution around the lack of a sharpened lightning staff. At least that's what a friend of mine does on his heavy attack DK build, even though he does have 3 sharp infernos and god knows how many sharp lightning staves. :tongue:

Well you can still be competitive with a heavy attack build... I don't think anyone out there thinks HA builds are the "meta"... but they're fun and they actually do a lot of damage... they are definitely vet trial worthy. They just won't get you a number one spot in anything.
    I was hunting for that lightning staff so i could finish my own build. Nothing to do with following the current meta rules and nothing to do with being the best at something. I just wanted to make my own build as strong as possible.

Finding that staff the other day added some pretty big numbers to my build. I didn't just swap the staff... it opened up a few different build opportunities ;)
    CP690
    Lv 50 Dunmer DragonKnight Tank/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Sorcerer Dps
    Lv 50 Breton Templar Healer/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Nightblade Dps
    Lv 50 Redguard Sorcerer Dps
    PS4 - DC
    vSOHM - vAAHM - vHRC - vMA Flawless

My version of a Heavy Attack Sorc build
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/294724/magicka-sorc-heavy-attack-build-homestead-ready/p1?new=1
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative

vMA Staff in a HA Build:
    parseneu.png

MASTER Staff instead:

I just wanted to say that the vMA weapons make a large difference in damage for certain builds :)

And for the build I'm using right now, I have to have DUAL wield on the back bar so I have the vMA lightning on front bar to get out the most Single target DPS. I mean 35k without any kind of support (no drain) and infinitely sustainable is pretty good I'd say. If your friend does more than that on single target with his heavy attack build I'd be more than interested in his advice :D

But this is all off-topic, so let's leave it at that for now :)
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rekt
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gorath wrote: »
    I am one of those hated Tamriel deserters that left ESO during the big MSA RNG hate explosion half a year ago and joined Fame's BDO guild. Before that I completed vMSA about 300 - 400 times and never got my Inferno staff. The main reason I quit though was cuz most people I played with went BDO cuz of MSA RNG. Now that BDO went hardcore p2w - other people might tell you otherwise - I decided to give ESO one more shot especially after I read this:
    Adjusted the distribution of Maelstrom weapons obtained from the Maelstrom Arena via the Leaderboards and drops.

Previously, this was divided evenly by weapon category (Destruction Staff, Two Hand, etc). Now, it is based on the individual item type (Dagger, One Handed Sword, etc), and all damage weapons within the item type have an equal probability to drop.
    In addition, when a Dual Wield weapon is awarded, you will receive two Dual Wield weapons.
    We also slightly reduced the drop chance for Healing Staves, Bows, and One Hand and Shields.

Sharpened Inferno, here I come!

1. Charged Restoration Staff
    2. Infused Restoration Staff
    3. Decisive Axe/Infused Axe
    4. Precise Mace/Shield
    5. Sharpened Sword/Shield
    6. Defending Bow
    7. Charged Restoration Staff
    8. Charged Restoration Staff
    9. Decisive Dagger/Infused Dagger
    10. Defending Greataxe
    11. Sharpened Restoration Staff
    12. Powered Restoration Staff
    13. Infused Restoration Staff
    14. Decisive Sword/Shield
    15. Charged Restoration Staff
    16. Powered Sword/Shield
    17. Charged Greatsword
    18. Precise Restoration Staff
    19. Charged Bow
    20. Powered Restoration Staff
    21. Infused Dagger/Charged Axe
    22. Powered Axe/Infused Axe
    23. Defending Lightning Staff
    24. Decisive Maul
    25. Powered Bow
    26. Precise Restoration Staff
    27. Charged Ice Staff
    28. Sharpened Dagger/Decisive Dagger
    29. Decisive Bow
    30. Decisive Lightning Staff
    31. Powered Dagger/Charged Dagger
    32. Sharpened Restoration Staff
    33. Decisive Maul
    34. Defending Restoration Staff
    35. Defending Bow
    36. Sharpened Sword/Shield
    37. Charged Restoration Staff
    38. Charged Mace/Shield
    39. Sharpened Axe/Sharpened Axe
    40. Powered Sword/Shield
    41. Precise Sword/Shield
    42. Precise Sword/Shield
    43. Infused Restoration Staff
    44. Powered Restoration Staff
    45. Infused Greataxe
    46. Powered Bow
    47. Defending Sword/Shield
    48. Charged Restoration Staff
    49. Precise Bow
    50. Defending Dagger/Precise Axe

3 characters, 6 weekly rewards:

1. Charged Restoration Staff
    2. Infused Sword/Shield
    3. Sharpened Restoration Staff
    4. Charged Restoration Staff
    5. Sharpened Lightning Staff
    6. Sharpened Restoration Staff

56 rewards, 0 Inferno Staves, 21 Restoration Staves. Definitely not staying in ESO. I hope my data will help someone.

First.. big kudos to you for all those runs and your efforts, even though, yes it is sad that you didn't get the piece of desire. Although, not at the same level, the sadness aspect is similar to farming for a sharpened sword, and after ripping through countless bosses for weeks and months on end, you're instead getting crap drops (green prosperous and training pieces from a world boss.. come on, ZOS!!) From your post.. yes, I will always consider myself to be a casual gamers. I don't have the patience and dedication for vMA, such as you and others who have ran vMA hundreds and hundreds of times, over and over again.. getting crap drops over and over again, but still hitting it over and over again.

To me, playing a video game is about having fun and a venue of escape to wind down from a long day or work. I maybe ran vMA five times, and that was over 6 months ago, and that was enough for me. I don't care about having a Maelstrom weapon. I don't see it, vMA (or vet trials or hard mode, ha ha), as a way of enjoyment or something of a fun or good experience that would help me wind down from a long day or weekend. Then again, I guess that is what makes me a casual gamer. So again, kudos to you.. that is some good patience and dedication. However, to others, you shouldn't beat yourself over a video game or need to keep on putting yourself through contents that would increase blood pressure and stress or want to smash your TV or PC or throw your console out of the window.
  • ookami007
    ookami007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So simple a caveman could do it.

Seriously, this is nothing more than a time sink. If they were serious about fixing this issue, they'd allow you to sell the weapons for a token to a vendor. 100 tokens buys your choice. Simple, fixed, done. You know for certain that at most, you have to run it 100 times - well.... 100 times PER CHARACTER! BAWAHAHAHA!
  • the_man_of_steal
    the_man_of_steal
    ✭✭✭
    Appreciate the hard work! Sorry you didn't get what you wanted!
  • Father_X_Zombie
    Father_X_Zombie
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got a powered resto staff last night........my 7th one....................
    GT: AK x Zombie

Marcurio Avidius - Breton Sorcerer - The Flawless Conquerer - General
    Raven Avidius - Imperial Nightblade - Stormproof
    Cicero Avidius - Imperial Templar - First Sergeant
    Audens Avidius - Breton Templar - Stormproof
    Jimi Hendrix - Redguard Dragonknight - Stormproof
    Leliana Artaine - Breton Nightblade - Stormproof
    Brutus Decinus - Imperial Sorcerer - Stormproof AD
    Wait aren't you DC - Dark elf Nightblade EP
    Achilleus Infernium - Breton Dragonknight
    Claudia Aurella - Imperial Warden
    DC NA XB1

RIP XB1 NA Chillrend 2015-2017
    Home to emp farmers and roleplayers
    Put out of its misery by Brian Wheeler

• Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All these events they keep having, how about Sharpened Saturdays for a month. Nothing but sharp weapons on saturdays in the month of march in VMA. The servers would probably explode.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

vMA Staff in a HA Build:
    parseneu.png

MASTER Staff instead:

I just wanted to say that the vMA weapons make a large difference in damage for certain builds :)

And for the build I'm using right now, I have to have DUAL wield on the back bar so I have the vMA lightning on front bar to get out the most Single target DPS. I mean 35k without any kind of support (no drain) and infinitely sustainable is pretty good I'd say. If your friend does more than that on single target with his heavy attack build I'd be more than interested in his advice :D

But this is all off-topic, so let's leave it at that for now :)

Yeah I've seen you build on tamriel foundry! The one with the Undaunted set right? It actually made me want to try out the whole heavy attack thing!

Quite frankly, I have no idea how DPS he's pulling, but I doubt its higher than yours :D

I was referencing my comment to the guy who started the 4k more DPS and not being competitive etc. etc. etc. thing. I know you're more fine on the "competitive" side of things :)
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stopnaggin wrote: »
    POps75p wrote: »
    People quitting a game over a weapon makes me laugh.

has nothing to do with the specific weapon, but a total bunch of crap by ESO to BS everyone. again, again and again

same goes for the added gems to the Crown store to buy the good stuff, but have to buy the gambling boxes to get them

total BS

Get over the crown crates already. It's a tired ass old argument. Not needed in every friggin thread.

Yes rng sucks, it is a real pain, I have no idea on how they could fix it at this point. Token system? How many tokens do you need so as not to *** off those who have run it 1000+ times to get their weapons? Drop useless traits? Good but still dependant on rng. Whats the middle ground to keep everyone happy?

the middle ground is to not make sharpened so much better than everything else.

everyone who runs vma would be happy if they made it so only sharpened weapons dropped (except for maybe defending frost staff)
  • Horowonnoe
    Horowonnoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All these events they keep having, how about Sharpened Saturdays for a month. Nothing but sharp weapons on saturdays in the month of march in VMA. The servers would probably explode.

Yes please! : 3
    PC / NA
    Templar Healer "False Eye"
    Sorc Healer "Potema the Wolf Queen"
    Warden Healer "Heavy Attacks Online"
    Magicka Nightblade DPS "Nephaleth Telvanni"
    Dragonknight Tank "Nico's Facsimile"

Builds & Guides:
    Horow's Templar Healer Guide for Trials (Murkmire updated)
    How to get Felms to jump correctly in vAS HM?
    Horow's vMA Magicka Sorc Build for beginners and lazy farmers
    Horow's Magicka Sorc Triple Pet Heavy Attack Build - Summerset Isles Ready
    More builds at anthem-guild.com/pve/.

Notable Achievements:
    - World's first 18 Axes vAA clear
    - World's first 20+ enrage stack Llothis in vAS HM and World record cone damage
  • Sovaso
    Sovaso
    ✭✭✭
    Horowonnoe wrote: »
    Sovaso wrote: »
    #NerfVMA

#nerf Sovaso

lmao, rekt
  • jakeedmundson
    jakeedmundson
    ✭✭✭✭✭

good god.... i'd probably live in that place for a saturday.

Except one thing.... sure, sharpened would only drop...
    ZOS addition ---> but 45% chance for resto, 45% chance for 1h/shield and 10% spread throughout all the other items.
    CP690
    Lv 50 Dunmer DragonKnight Tank/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Sorcerer Dps
    Lv 50 Breton Templar Healer/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Nightblade Dps
    Lv 50 Redguard Sorcerer Dps
    PS4 - DC
    vSOHM - vAAHM - vHRC - vMA Flawless

My version of a Heavy Attack Sorc build
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/294724/magicka-sorc-heavy-attack-build-homestead-ready/p1?new=1
  • Meld777
    Meld777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    but 45% chance for resto, 45% chance for 1h/shield and 10% spread throughout all the other items.

The sad part is that the thread starter isn't too far off the 45% with his 38% resto rate.
    Edited by Meld777 on March 2, 2017 11:22AM
    Maelstrom Arena Champion | Undaunted | Fighters Guild Victor

Level 50 Magicka NB | CP160+

nAA | vCoH1 HM | nSO | nCoA2 | nDSA | nMA | vVoM

PC EU
  • Mady
    Mady
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait.... Isn't BDO the number one RNG game!? O_O
    Edited by Mady on March 2, 2017 11:28AM
    Discord HypeSquad Member
    Official AlcastHQ Discord Server: discord.gg/alcasthq
    Feel free to join!
    Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meld777 wrote: »
    I think the main problem with RNG is that it is truly random. Most players want it to be less random, actually. Like the probability of an item drop must increase with the number of times when it does not drop. Well, personally I wouldn't mind if ZOS would implement such a thing.

That's exactly how Black Desert fixed their RNG. It's called "Bad Luck Protection". It's also toggleable, so if you want full RNG, for example when you want 2 or 3 weapons of the same type, for whatever reason, you can have it.
    I assume this works by remember that you got and reduce the chance of getting an copy.
    A bit like how the crown crates duplication payback works but here it does an re-roll in the background.
    It will helps here but still be an insane grind because of the huge number of combination, all the weapon combinations add that 8/9 weapon drop is worse than an crafted weapon because of the sharpened requirement outside of restoration staffs.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You got a sharpened lightning and sharpened dagger/axe. You got stam BIS and a great staff for sorc. You got great drops there IMO. Not what you wanted, but oh well.
  • ThoraxtheDark
    ThoraxtheDark
    ✭✭✭
    Where is the satisfaction in leaderboards if everyone else vying for #1 spot is also as min max and altruistic as you. It's like winning a biggest pig contest, yes you are the biggest pig, but the rest of your competition is also pigs. But hey maybe if you get on the boards for VMA you can get the chance to kill the giant sponges in trials and get on that board too.

So much to look forward too. Please let us know more about your whin... i mean progress in the future!
  • Massive_Stain
    Massive_Stain
    ✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Maelstrom staves are a back bar weapon.

Umm.... no.... no they aren't.
    Any stamina build uses front bar.
    MOST mag builds will do double bar... 1 sharpened lightning, 1 sharpened inferno. OR mal on front bar with dual wield swords on back bar.
    I know, i know.... there is some meta build that uses only a sharpened lightning or inferno on back bar and does the other with a moondancer on front. That's one build out of many.

@jakeedmundson I think you may have misread that a bit. He specifically called out staves, and a large portion of your reply is about stamina weapons (also known as - not staves)
    When did this become as snarky as reddit?
    PC: CP 1200+ DroDest, Bringer of light
    PS4: CP 1500+ Dro Dest, SoTN, Bringer of light, CragHMs, EoF, IR, TTT
    Xbox: CP 450 Fungal Grotto 1 HM