Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Maelstrom post Homestead 50 chests

• SlowMetabolism
    SlowMetabolism
    ✭✭✭
    In my recent 10 runs or so since the update I have gotten 1 sharpened lightning staff which is my first sharp wep that isnt 1h. Would have been nice to have last patch but AoE damage? Not so much. Think a base inferno with 8% single target on a magblade equals out to more damage. I have about 15+ nirnhoned and defending 2h's and have gotten quite a few 2h's in my most recent 10 runs. Think 5 out of those 10 runs dropped 2h's but they were all powered and infused. I havent ran maelstrom 250-500 times but have a good bit in there. Well over 100 runs, but I think at this point I rather get sword and boards than get a weapon I want and have it be a bad trait when you scroll down the final chest.
    Edited by SlowMetabolism on March 2, 2017 1:19PM
    Day one Xbox player
  • tist
    tist
    ✭✭✭
    Rip 2 days of your life.
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cant tell if this is worse than trying to farm an inferno sharpened BSW staff....
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stopnaggin wrote: »
    POps75p wrote: »
    People quitting a game over a weapon makes me laugh.

has nothing to do with the specific weapon, but a total bunch of crap by ESO to BS everyone. again, again and again

same goes for the added gems to the Crown store to buy the good stuff, but have to buy the gambling boxes to get them

total BS

Get over the crown crates already. It's a tired ass old argument. Not needed in every friggin thread.

Yes rng sucks, it is a real pain, I have no idea on how they could fix it at this point. Token system? How many tokens do you need so as not to *** off those who have run it 1000+ times to get their weapons? Drop useless traits? Good but still dependant on rng. Whats the middle ground to keep everyone happy?

What do you mean you don't kbow how they could fix it?

Here is a novel idea: do not make a gear system where there is one item + trait to rule over them all. That way I may not get exactly what I want, but I still get something reasonably competitive that I can use.

Let me rephrase that to I don't know if they know how to fix it. I have suggestions but those will not make everyone happy. Same with monster shoulders and helms. Reducing useless traits would be my answer to both. No one at cp need training, infused, prosperous etc.
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

has nothing to do with the specific weapon, but a total bunch of crap by ESO to BS everyone. again, again and again

same goes for the added gems to the Crown store to buy the good stuff, but have to buy the gambling boxes to get them

total BS

Get over the crown crates already. It's a tired ass old argument. Not needed in every friggin thread.

Yes rng sucks, it is a real pain, I have no idea on how they could fix it at this point. Token system? How many tokens do you need so as not to *** off those who have run it 1000+ times to get their weapons? Drop useless traits? Good but still dependant on rng. Whats the middle ground to keep everyone happy?

Here is a novel idea: do not make a gear system where there is one item + trait to rule over them all. That way I may not get exactly what I want, but I still get something reasonably competitive that I can use.

Let me rephrase that to I don't know if they know how to fix it. I have suggestions but those will not make everyone happy. Same with monster shoulders and helms. Reducing useless traits would be my answer to both. No one at cp need training, infused, prosperous etc.

10th trait. With 60 day research time.

"The G" whilst wearing "The G" you will only pick up Divines or sharpened. The farm will be harder but let's face it you're a G you can do it. Put in now in time for Morrowind. Although I strongly think all this sharpened farming will be for nothing when it drops. Serious ham fisted nerf will strike hard.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • jakeedmundson
    jakeedmundson
    ✭✭✭✭✭

total BS

"The G" whilst wearing "The G" you will only pick up Divines or sharpened. The farm will be harder but let's face it you're a G you can do it. Put in now in time for Morrowind. Although I strongly think all this sharpened farming will be for nothing when it drops. Serious ham fisted nerf will strike hard.

If they wreck sharpened right after i got my sharpened lightning staff from vma... i'll probably snap my eso disc and never look back.
    It does need to be toned down to match others (or others turnt up)... but if they make it the new "nirnhoned" come morrowind... its game over.
    I (and many, many others) spent WAYYYY too long farming vma to get that one perfect item for it to get nerfed... I hope they realize that.
    CP690
    Lv 50 Dunmer DragonKnight Tank/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Sorcerer Dps
    Lv 50 Breton Templar Healer/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Nightblade Dps
    Lv 50 Redguard Sorcerer Dps
    PS4 - DC
    vSOHM - vAAHM - vHRC - vMA Flawless

My version of a Heavy Attack Sorc build
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/294724/magicka-sorc-heavy-attack-build-homestead-ready/p1?new=1
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is disgusting :( And still no reaction from ZOS...
    EU PC
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

total BS

If they wreck sharpened right after i got my sharpened lightning staff from vma... i'll probably snap my eso disc and never look back.
    It does need to be toned down to match others (or others turnt up)... but if they make it the new "nirnhoned" come morrowind... its game over.
    I (and many, many others) spent WAYYYY too long farming vma to get that one perfect item for it to get nerfed... I hope they realize that.

Yeah I know. I spent over a year doing 10 runs a week with 5 leaderboards every week to get my 1st inferno. Sharp lit came in weekly 2 weeks later and looted 2nd sharp inferno a few weeks after that. If they nerf it I will probably grab my Xbox by the power cable and swing it round the room and smash the place up.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    Master Angler
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

total BS

Yeah I know. I spent over a year doing 10 runs a week with 5 leaderboards every week to get my 1st inferno. Sharp lit came in weekly 2 weeks later and looted 2nd sharp inferno a few weeks after that. If they nerf it I will probably grab my Xbox by the power cable and swing it round the room and smash the place up.

You have 3 infernos. And you put a ptismatic glyph on one of them.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

total BS

No that was on my sharp aether magblade flawless staff. Made all the difference and gave me 120k killer combos. Was worth the 5k Tel Var hands down.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    Master Angler
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

total BS

No that was on my sharp aether magblade flawless staff. Made all the difference and gave me 120k killer combos. Was worth the 5k Tel Var hands down.

Oooh right UA was telling us how you had put it on you vMA inferno cause you didn't have a use for it! Yeah i'll try it out if i ever decide to go to vma again lol
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • aLi3nZ
    aLi3nZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am grinding for the sharpened inferno atm. I already gave up getting the sharpened bsw and settled with my precise bsw inferno staff. But its also quite fun to roll through and improve on your pve and test different builds. I think i dont have as much time spare as some of you and playing vma helps improve my pve skills and get me closer to showing anywhere on the leaderboard. Pretty great for grinding cp as well not that i need anymore.

tbh a vma inferno staff doesn't even fit into my build. If i used it, it would mean I would have to give up a monster helm damage set (my favorite is infernal guardian). I really find the monster helm sets make a lot of difference. I also already got sharpened lightning staff and sharpened ice staff which I am pretty happy to have.
    Edited by aLi3nZ on March 6, 2017 11:07AM
  • strikeback1247
    strikeback1247
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since homestead I did around 5 runs for leaderboards and got a precise dagger, sharpened axe, sharpened lightning staff AND the legendary sharpened inferno staff. What is this RNG everyone is complaining about again? :^)
    P.A.W.S. - Positively Against Wild Sasquatches - NO TO BIGFOOT!
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    7 runs since homestead

4 2H weapons charged, nirnhoned, powered, nirnhoned
    1 Bow Nirnhoned
    2 lighting staff charged, nirnhoned
  • SquareSausage
    SquareSausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I picked up a sharpened inferno staff today, is about my 6th completion or so and my 2nd since homestead.
    Breakfast King
    PS4 EU
  • andy_s
    andy_s
    ✭✭✭✭
    My friend looted vma sharp inferno today. He was doing weeklies probably for a year... so don't give up :trollface:
    Edited by andy_s on March 7, 2017 10:59AM
    World's First Cloudrest Hardmode + Speed Run + No Death w/ HODOR
    Tick-Tock Tormentor & All vHoF Achievements done w/ Chimaira
    World's First Sanctum Ophidia Difficult Mode (patch 1.5)
    World#2 vMoL All Achievements w/ Aquila Raiders
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lost count of how many runs I've done.

100? 150?

I've gotten exactly one inferno staff... and it was charged.

Spend a little over an hour per run, just to decon a powered dagger.

What is the point?

:neutral:
  • Xylphan
    Xylphan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gorath wrote: »
    ...I am one of those hated Tamriel deserters that left ESO during the big MSA RNG hate explosion half a year ago and joined Fame's BDO guild...

There are 11 weapon types (not including shields). Each type can have one of 9 traits. That's 99 possible combinations. In addition, each drop is an independent event.

In other words, every time you run it you're rolling a 99 sided die hoping your number comes up.

Running it 50 times and expecting your number to come up is pretty unrealistic. In fact you can run it several hundred times and still not have your number come up.

Now you can argue about how much that sucks. But complaining you didn't get the item you wanted after 50 runs is pretty silly when you look at the math.
  • shadow071179
    shadow071179
    ✭✭✭
    Got sharpend infurno staff on my first run.
    I dont juse it becouse i only have stam characters.

But 300+ runs later still looking for a sharpend Bow.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have three sharpened bows.

Makes sense.
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    now 120+ runs but no Lighting Sharpen b/w 4 restro sharpen and 3 ice staff sharpen

I am total sick of this VMA and if quit ESO then reason would be lighting sharpen grind!
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on May 15, 2017 5:13AM
  • skyhawk002
    skyhawk002
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with OP 100%. They are clearly able to clear the content but RNG is arbitrarily preventing them from obtaining the item after a beyond serious and even ludacris time investment. It drives people away
    Edited by skyhawk002 on May 15, 2017 8:35AM
  • Cocorocho
    Cocorocho
    ✭✭✭
    Don't go to VMA looking for a spesific weapon or you will get really frustrated, i just need sharp inferno but im just going there to reach weekly leaderboard or try other builds. I ran 5-6 times with this mentality and got 2h axe sharp-2h mace sharp- bow sharp..

i know its just coincidence but ...
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Come back when you have more than 50 ish drops as "fact" and I might take you seriously......
  • Glamdring
    Glamdring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cocorocho wrote: »
    Don't go to VMA looking for a spesific weapon or you will get really frustrated, i just need sharp inferno but im just going there to reach weekly leaderboard or try other builds. I ran 5-6 times with this mentality and got 2h axe sharp-2h mace sharp- bow sharp..

i know its just coincidence but ...

This^^ I go there for the challengen, dying less and less, completing it faster, tweaking my build, testing new stuff out etc. i look at the weapondrop at the end as a bonus. I know for sure if i did it only for that 1 out of 99 drop chance for a specific weapon at the end i would go crazy and quit ESO.