The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Ideas for ESO Plus

• oshaugm
    oshaugm
    ✭✭✭
    maxjapank wrote: »
    oshaugm wrote: »
    [*] I don't need free wayshrine usage because I just use the jump to player function, which instantly puts you at a wayshrine for free.

Thank you for your input, Oshaugm. Just a comment on the Wayshrine thing. I know that we can use the "jump to player" function for free, and from that wayshrine, we can then port to any other wayshrine. So of course, just being able to port to any wayshrine from anywhere isn't necessary. But it does save time. So in a sense, it's a perk. It doesn't take away from non-subscribers. But it does give a bonus to subscribers.

Hey maxjapank, I hear you. It WOULD be a very nice perk. However, my feeling is that the extra time to do a bootstrap jump isn't bad at all, and if I could have only a few wishes which ZOS might grant us, then that one is relatively much lower on my wishlist than other items. I recognize and respect that mileage may vary for others; I'm just trying to focus on ideas which might be helpful for most everyone. I for one would not view the extra speed-to-wayshrine as a significant lifestyle improvement. (Or maybe I'm just the only one who feels that way, lol!) [Edit: I can haz grammarz.]
    Edited by oshaugm on February 4, 2017 4:21AM
  • OnThaLoose
    OnThaLoose
    ✭✭✭
    1.No more wayshrine fees. Or at the very least, the price doesn't go up 1000% after porting to one. Let it remain 146 (or whatever it is) no matter what.

2. Access to the assistants.

3. Loyalty pets. My sub lapsed for a couple months in year one, enough to gimp me out of ALL loyalty awards ever given on PC.

4. Storage in my house. If I'm buying my house, why can't I store things in it?

5. REMOVE the 15 min timer from dungeon queue if I'm a sub holder. If a group disbands right after I've searched, from no fault of my own, I'm punished.

Thank you
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    loyalty bonus: the 1500-4500-9000 "crown award" at pay-off is raised by X% for each consecutive month prior to the payment you have been subbed. this gives more incentive for long-term subscribing than the "targeted" sub-for-month here and there options.

if X were 4, then right now the bonus would be about 100%.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    on Storage as ESO+ sub...

Several folks have commented on wanting more storage.

For my money as a long term sub, more storage is not an answer that would matter. (nod to @leeux and comments on that being different for very new players - point there.)

i don't think more storage should be an ESO+ thing (crowns already let us buy storage right) or that more storage is the thing that is most needed for storage - - tho i do admit the crafting bag and its "better storage" is the most indispensable reason for me to sub right now - because of its utility.

We need "better storage" options.

Spoilering my narrative since it is less about ESO+...
    But right now, i am way over 2600 slots and still hitting inventory mechanics every week that take me away from spending time playing.

I dont need MORE storage i need better storage.

After a certain point improving how your existing slots work is better than adding more slots.

I am hoping in the near future we get to craft "armor racks" (mannequins. mirrors, whatever) furnishings that allow us to load up a full set of 22 pc (up to 14 gear/wpn and 8 quickslot stacks) onto them - that we can then swap out whatever a character is equipped with as a quick click done thing. These should be allowed to have "labels" that we can write and edit - for rhings like "Rajjan's Spinner Build" showing on mouse-over.

If i could build two or three of them for each character, i could focus my gathering on those things and once i got those purge a lot more of my inventory slots with a "what am i keeping this for if i have three alt-builds per character? Which will this replace?" etc etc etc.

That is just one example.

There are many others.

tables we can put "stacks" of consumables we can mouse-over see "cp150 spell critical potion stack of 200" and click to pick up or right click to place on table.

etc etc etc.

IMO we need better inventory management more than we need another way to get more slots that we will fill up just like we did all the previous increases.

if you want this broken into an ESO+ bonus - take the rack described: let a rack hold 14pc loadout of gear for non-ESO sub, but let ESO+ also store 8 quickslot stacks for theirs if they want.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think a regular stream of QOL improvements would be excellent, but hopefully nothing that is better suited for a base-game update. I recently recommended a system to supplement pure RNG loot drops which might be niche enough to be a nice ESO+ benefit without explicitly taking away an opportunity from base-game players.

Another nice benefit, though highly improbable, would be the ability to direct-purchase gambling box items with Crowns.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loyalty rewards for set times and extra for consecutive.
    1 year sub gives digital chapter upgrade.
    Unlimited furniture bag.
    Weapon dye.
    Free fast travel.
    Double mount training.
    Transmute gear.
    Crown store discounts and exclusives.
    Special glows/auras/personality/titles.
    Crafting slider to make consumables, craft and refine faster.
    20% Extra non combat speed.
    Account wide skyshards and mages guild.

Less RNG for everyone and buff non sharp traits or add sharp to everything.
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is simple. Sub gave uninterrupted no-worries play-everything, play-everywhere. Chapters broke the concept. End of sub.

Make now the craftbag a mini-sub, crowns another sub, the 10% buffs third, and DLC with chapters one more sub and let me choose.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Towerdragon
    Towerdragon
    ✭✭✭
    I love all of these great ideas for ESO plus. I dont have a problem paying for chapters as long as the Value is worth the money but I really think that a discount for ESO plus members would be nice for upcoming chapters maybe 25% or 50% off chapters for being an ESO plus member
    Edited by Towerdragon on February 4, 2017 7:27AM
  • Ommy71
    Ommy71
    ✭✭✭
    Achievments account bound
    ommyy - Stamblade - Brigadier - Master Angler - Former Emperor - All trophies Done - Stormproof - 27400 Achievement Points....
    PC-EU
  • CitrusKiss
    CitrusKiss
    Soul Shriven
    Crown crates would be cool, but I know not everyone is a fan of them, and someone would probably feel pretty ripped off if their crate had only junk in it. So I think crown gems would be an awesome addition to ESO+ instead. I'm also a fan of the idea of upping the amount of crowns we get now that everything is getting more expensive.

Loyalty rewards also sound amazing. I highly support this idea.

And perhaps you could run ESO+ member only sales on items or crowns, or add a page to the crown store with ESO+ exclusive cosmetic items that only ESO+ members can buy?
  • Avidspark
    Avidspark
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just was reminded of another possibility...

...jewelry and spell crafting
    'Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.'
    T. Pratchett, 1948-2015 RIP, you are missed
  • KeiruNicrom
    KeiruNicrom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loyalty rewards (new ones don't just bring back year 1 rewards)

One free crown crate each month and/or crown store discount bin

Furniture bag

Unique Quests/events stretching across the DLC zones
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No idea if its been mentioned already but

a supply pack for consumables
    it works in pretty much the same way as the craft bag, except it holds items such as siege weapons, food, potions, glyphs motifs, treasure maps** etc etc

**you would need to remove the unique label from treasure maps so they can stack - but this would need to be a qol change to the actual game rather than just for subscribers
  • Eyesinthedrk
    Eyesinthedrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Access to the assistants would be nice. But my reasons to purchase the plus subscription was

1. access to DLC
    2. to contribute to game maintenance and fixes.

So just don't go a year between DLCs. Also, if for example, I could open a door or pick a node without having to heavy attack or dodge roll first, I'd consider my subscription a good investment.

You guys are well aware of what all the "since launch" bugs are. Just fix them and I'd be happy to keep contributing.

Edited by Eyesinthedrk on February 4, 2017 9:52AM
  • Aldazar
    Aldazar
    Soul Shriven
    I would love to see:

1) Loyalty rewards. Some unique rewards the longer you are subbed, skins, mounts, titles etc. (they just have to make sure the old loyalty rewards stay unique and won't be reused)

2) The ability to reset skill points like champion points. So that if you want to change one skill you don't have to redistribute everything. (Price might even stay the same as the current pricing)
  • geophonic_ESO
    geophonic_ESO
    ✭✭
    1.) More Bank Space. Like increase the limit to 500-1000. People might actually play their alts instead of using them as an extended bank mule.

2.) ESO+ members could be granted the option to change the style of any (crafted+drop) armor & weapon according to the known motifs. OR addition of an extra apparel slot for any given item slot, in which the style can be picked based on motif knowledge. [additionally it should be noted that account-wide motif knowledge would be a plus]

3.) Maybe add increased slots at you local guild trader, say 50 instead of 30.
  • abirdman24
    A few ideas I'd like to see that would be fare are

~ A reduction in research time/mount training.

~ 1 free credit for skill/morph/attributes/CP respec per month

~ An increase in the monthly Crowns we get each month. 1500 used to be a lot, but not very much now that things are upwards of 5000+

~ Exclusive dye packs

~ Free XP Scrolls or longer lasting Scrolls

The problem with things like PVP Que priority is not everyone cares about the PVP side of the game. We already get a Crown Store discount by getting "free" 1500 Crowns every month. We already get a HUGE backpack increase with an unlimited craft bag. ESO/ZOS won't/can't make it totally one sided and/or "OP" against people who can't afford ESO+
    Edited by abirdman24 on February 4, 2017 10:55AM
    Live in the light, but play in the dark
  • xpress1992
    I know alot of people wishing for cloaks to come to ESO jon-snow---sixth-scale-actionfigur-1_6---game-of-thrones-29-cm_TZ-GOT-003_4.jpg
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weapon dyes, transmog, increased bank/inventory, more guild store slots
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OnThaLoose wrote: »
    1.No more wayshrine fees. Or at the very least, the price doesn't go up 1000% after porting to one. Let it remain 146 (or whatever it is) no matter what.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure they already changed that so it doesn't increase the cost.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Style converter. You can change the style of any gear in crafting table. You can change this grea piece to any style You already learned if You have style material for it. Of course style converting wouldnt be working for every style. Styles that are weekly/daily rewards would be excluded and added slowly later.
    Edited by Juhasow on February 4, 2017 11:58AM
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KaiVox22 wrote: »
    OnThaLoose wrote: »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure they already changed that so it doesn't increase the cost.

I think it's a bug and they're going to fix it.
  • Pwnyridah
    Pwnyridah
    ✭✭✭
    1) like the bonus crowns for each month subscribed, also provide crown crates or crown gems. This allows ESO+ subscribers a chance to get the crown store items they want without necessarily having to purchase something random.

2) provide access to a repair merchant, exclusive to ESO+ subscribers (no bad deals like 30% increased cost through this merchant....)

3) provide unique vanity items based on length of subscription to thank your most loyal subscribers. This could be mounts, pets, motifs, dyes, titles, etc...

4) give ESO+ members a certain % off in the crown store, e.g 10%.

5) give ESO+ members special offers on discounts on crowns or items in the crown store.

6) increased storage space.

7) cycle through a unique offerring exclusive to ESO+ subscribers of previously available crown store items, including holiday items we may have missed!
    Edited by Pwnyridah on February 4, 2017 12:49PM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems you all make the interesting threads when I am out of work on Fridays and not camping the forums.

There are a lot of great ideas already so not sure what I can add. My only thoughts are that I would really like to see the game not go the route of SWTOR or other F2P/B2P MMO games where subscribs get so many more benefits you HAVE to subscribe (I say this as a subscriber in all my time playing).

I want the game to remain accessible to people on a B2P model without ESO+ being too lording overs.

The best idea I heard recently was that using Wayshrines wouldn't cost for ESO+ members, we could zip around a bit more freely without costs hitting our gold.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Zakor
    Zakor
    ✭✭✭
    A few points that are really bad in this thread:
    1. Crown crates as reward. It gives the sub system a rng element which is very bad. So one would get an apex mount while someone else only get exp scrolls. The sub should give everyone the same. Thats how the system works. So NO crates please. On the other hand, Gems would be ok.
    2. Free travel. Really, I NEVER think about travel costs. They are very low for you first port (around 150 gold I think) and after that you can just port via wayshrines for free or travel to a guildy/friend. Btw, there is a nice little addon called teleport tool.
    3. Transmog in Eso+. This is of all the baddest idea since the BASE GAME is clearly in need of this system. You shouldn't lock it away behind a sub if the entire game is in desperate need of it. That's just bad. Also, a transmog system is bad and a wardrobe/costume tab like in LOTRO is far better. There is an active thread about that, search for it.

What would be good things for Eso+:
    1. More crowns. I like the idea to give 1800 crowns in regards to the higher prices. Or lower crown store prices of upcomming content again. They've gone through the roof lately.
    2. Return of the loyalty rewards. But it should be implemented in a way, that every new sub can get everything if they sub long enough. All 3 months of sub (3,6,9,...) there should be a reward, if subbed continuously or with interuption.
    3. Discount for chapters. Since chapters always come out in Q2 you could have a look at the subs in the year and if 70% of the year is subbed offer a discount to the player for the chapter, around 40% maybe. I don't think it should be free but full price is not fair also I think. Discount should also work for CE of course.
    4. A position in a design council after 2 years of subbing(retrospectively) with which you talk about new content concepts and balancing ideas and such stuff. THAT would be a damn good improvement. Players then could vote in some way which ideas they want to see implemented and what should be reworked. This is also a great source for early feedback!
  • SparklyRook
    Don't know if this has been mentioned but just remove training and prosperous traits from RNG based item drops! I.e. monster helms or maelstrom weapons.
  • karma69
    karma69
    ✭✭✭
    Here are several options I'd be really happy with.

1. Take it the full mile ZOS and give us unlimited character storage.
    2. Transmog system where eso+ subs are able to change the look of gear depending on the motifs they know.

For me this is the only way you can make it up, and provide truly unique value that I and other pay for, after all the recent anger you've caused.
    PC EU - @Karma'X - Guild and Raid Leader of Hodor

Too many world records to remember
  • Eisotopius
    Eisotopius
    ✭✭✭
    1) Furniture bag

2) Increasing crown payouts for longer subs

3) Crown gem/crate payouts on top of crown ones

4) Crown store discounts (as in pay fewer crowns, not pay less for crowns), especially if you're going to put mounts and stuff that shouldn't even be 2000 up for 4500.

5) Cosmetic gear slots / custom-made costumes, so as to not have to recraft an entire set of C160 gold gear whenever you want to change the motif on it. Either toss items into a second equipment slot so that item shows up instead of what's being worn under it for stats, or be able to take some items, dye them, and make a costume out of them. Personally I'd rather that be basegame but it'd be a good incentive to subscribe so whatever.
    Edited by Eisotopius on February 4, 2017 2:26PM
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Increase mats on each node by 25%-50% for all eso plus members and possibly just give a X% discount for all crown store purchases.
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • silverhammer92
    silverhammer92
    ✭✭✭
    Make Chapters buyable with crowns. ESO-Subs can hold on their crowns to buy the new Chapter. Non-subs will still buy crowns to buy Chapter. This would have a lot of benefits for Zenimax, for the players, and it would make ESO+ way more valuable.
    Found a typo? Keep it!
    (Wer Schreibfehler findet darf sie behalten.)