The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Ideas for ESO Plus

• KriHavok
    KriHavok
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see guild mechanic benefits for ESO Plus members. Currently the max amount of guilds we can join us 5 right now, and the max we can lead is one. But what I suggest is that ESO Plus members can join up to 10 guilds, and lead 3 guilds.

This allows for the ability to join more trading guilds. Trading guilds are important for trading items between each other in the guild chat, or for getting a more accurate idea of how much an item is worth through economical add-ons. And might I note, that there are players who solely join trading guilds, because they want to get the most out of their items, but this limits them from joining any guilds that do PvP, PvE, etc.

PvP players also like to make their own small-group guilds, only containing limited amount of members. But if you are part of lots of these small teams of friends in PvP, then you soon find yourself no space for large guilds or trading guilds.

Then you have other guilds, like I'm part of the UESP guild, which is filled with wiki editors and users, where information and lore about the game is discussed. I've also now seen housing guilds crop up, filled with users that show off their houses to each other. And not to mention duelling guilds, language-specific guilds, friend guilds, and even fishing guilds!

With so many gameplay systems and mechanics in the game, you are seeing more and more focused guilds, which is great, but I can't join any of these interesting guilds as I don't want to compromise the advantages of being in multiple trading guilds. So, I think being able to join more guilds should make this less of an issue, and allows players to delve further into different parts of the game with their like-minded counterparts.

I also made the suggestion of increasing the amount of guilds we can lead, and this is because lots of larger guilds are now developing divisions for different aspects of the game, i.e. if I was in a guild called 'Cheese', there are guild divisions called 'Cheese Crafters', 'Cheese Roleplay', 'Cheese Trade', etc., if the amount of guilds a player can lead is increased, then the guild leader can organise divisional guilds more efficiently as the leader of them too.

I think this is a sound request for ESO Plus in particular, as the function can be put in place that a player can no longer join more than 5 guilds or lead more than 1 if their subscription lapses. Regardless, that was my suggestion, but some of my fellow community members have listed some other great ideas above. One thing I'd like to add about the 'Subscription Pets' people are talking about, is that I think the Loyalty Program should be continued, like earning collectibles after X months of subscribing, I remember I used to get so excited waiting for the pets that would be announced next as subscription rewards, and I don't really understand why they were ever removed. Anyway, I'm sure there are other people that have been subscribing continuously since you gave that Striped Senche out for players who subscribed since April 2014, so perhaps another reward like that is overdue, as these are no doubt some of your most loyal players and supporters by now.
    UESP Staffer & Wiki Editor
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want to reiterate that the fact that this thread even exists help cure the bad taste in my mouth.
    Edited by MasterSpatula on February 3, 2017 7:09PM
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

We’re so excited to be bringing The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind to you a little later this year, and hope Matt’s article that was published a couple days ago cleared up some questions you had about our future plans for Chapters and DLC game packs. In addition to bringing new Chapters to you during the second quarter of each year, we do plan to continue offering DLC game packs during the other three quarters which will still be available to ESO Plus members as part of your subscription.

We're currently exploring new ways to add even more benefits to the ESO Plus membership in addition to what we currently offer, and would love to hear any ideas you have in this thread. We look forward to hearing what you suggest, and thank you for your feedback and continued support!

Motif converter, or motif transmogrify if you will. Alowe the changing of motif of any given item/gear that is bound to your account. Even and especially gear that you got in a dungeon. This way there is a use of buying motifs from crownstore too.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Finisherofwar
    Finisherofwar
    ✭✭
    1 free crown crate a month AND loyalty rewards. It's pretty ridiculous that someone that has been eso plus for 1 month has access to the same stuff as someone who has had it for 2 years or more.
  • Pallio
    Pallio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A new stat: LUCK.. Improved RNG on drops.

Or even a 2hr scroll that makes anything thing that drops either divine, sharpened, precise etc.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Avidspark wrote: »
    How about releasing Akaviri motif to ESO Plus subs?

Would be a great way to make up for NOT putting it in crown shop for about a year :s

Don't waste my plus perk on this. Get your butt to Cyrodiil or go buy it from guild vendors.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Kairin
    Kairin
    ✭✭
    Higher quantity allowed in our quest journal. There are so many repeatable quests these days, and with so much content being added, 25 active quests is not enough.

Or make a sub-journal option for writs, guild quests and other repeatable quests in addition to the main quest journal.
    Kai-rin AD - DK/Tank
    Kai-Lily AD - Templar/Healer
    Kai-Mera AD - MagDK/DPS
    Kai PolarisAD - MagSorc/DPS

I like stuff, and also, things.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    paulsgruff wrote: »
    A free medium sized pack of 4 crown crates for every 30 days of subscription

A toggle-able automatic skill buyer for your mount. ESO+ will buy the mount upgrade skills, in a user chosen priority for leveling, on time for you daily, even if you don't log into that character (assuming the required gold is available in the characters inventory).

That would be nice, but only for six months. This would be useless once mount training is completed. I want a perk that is not time limited.
    Edited by Ourorboros on February 3, 2017 7:57PM
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a few comments...

As a long-term subscriber I really don't think armor transmog should be gated behind ESO+. Even if they add something to the crown store for people who don't sub, I just don't agree. I feel this should be a base game update which involves crafting and materals.

Free crown crate? Meh. I'd be more inclined to suggest to raise the number of crowns we receive each month - people could use it for crown crates, or other things. Really, I'm not sure if it's because the Crown sales are devaluing crowns, or if Zos is just making everything more expensive just because.. but since ESO went B2P and ESO+ was introduced, you just can't buy what you used to be able to with your monthly allotment.

I would really be keen on discounts. Whether is be slightly reduced crown store purchases, or a better deal on Chapters. Of course it couldn't be too much, it'd need to ensure there was some way to make it not worthwhile for people to just sub one month for the sale.

Black hair for Altmer would be a fantastic perk. ;)

I also don't think anything do with with luck or better drops or anything like that should be tied to ESO+.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Jeremiah87
    Jeremiah87
    ✭✭✭
    1. Access to the chapters (Morrowind etc.) OR at least a discount on chapters (increased discount based on consecutive subscribed months) - and honestly I want to see chapters being able to be purchased via crowns
    2. Furniture storage equivalent of the craft bag

I see a lot of other suggestions that are either borderline or obvious pay2win. Also some suggestions are systems that should simply be in the base game accessible to everyone. I do no not want to see anything in the likes of queue priority, increased RNG "luck" and other things like that.

Other systems like Transmogrification (changing the style of an existing piece of gear) should be added to the base game.

Also no thanks to anything like monthly free crown crates. I dislike them enough as it is and I don't want anything to do with them.

Edited by Jeremiah87 on February 3, 2017 7:30PM
  • CromulentForumID
    CromulentForumID
    ✭✭✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »
    Bring back subscriber rewards. Reward people for subscribing to ESO, being loyal to the game, the company and give them rewards - unique mounts, costumes, dyes, pets, etc. Simple as that.

Quarter 1 - pet
    Quarter 2 - dye + costume
    Quarter 3 - personality
    Quarter 4 - yearly mount reward
    Later, rinse, repeat for a new year.

That's it. Do that, and people will flip out and be happy. You did it before, and people paid money to get extra ESO Plus time JUST FOR THAT TIGER. It works. We know it works. You know it works. Let's make it happen.

I agree with this 100%. In the past I played a game with subscriptions. I would take a 6 month break but stayed subbed because of these rewards. They were substantial enough to be worth it.

Here are some ideas that would be based off of a "months subscribed" milestone.

1. Free character slot

2. Purchase a past DLC for a very reduced rate OR get it free
    For example, after 12 months of subscription, you get Imperial City

3. Unlock a character appearance option
    4. Furniture Bag
    5. A unique appearance option, like an anniversary hat or belt or something. This has to be completely cosmetic and stand-alone and not at all tied to anything even remotely related to an achievement.

Under no circumstances should any achievements be tied to this, ever, ever, even in the face of a meteor strike or worldwide famine. Achievement hunters lose their mind when they see something as an unfair obstacle to get their shiny.

Just imagine...an achievement for 1 year of subscription....

We're FORCED, FORCED to spend $150 on an achievement! ZOS, you Money Grubbers!!!

You get the idea :)

6. A housing decoration item

7. Increased chances to get a master writ

There are I am sure many more, and I may have repeated some since I did not fully read the thread yet. Also, it is nice to have some player choice. For example, at 12 months, you get a new mount, and can choose from a list. Then, at 24 months, you get a mount, and can choose from the same list, minus the one you already picked.

Of course, you can also say you can choose between a mount and appearance item at any given milestone.

I like it better having a set of milestones with a given reward instead of just saying: Get X every 3 months.
    Edited by CromulentForumID on February 3, 2017 7:36PM
  • theivorykitty
    theivorykitty
    ✭✭✭
    I'm seeing some ideas posted here such as 'faster access to Cyrodiil', 'increased random luck for chest loot', or 'changing traits on gear'. While I see where these ideas come from, I would be deeply concerned to see these types of additions to the game. Fast track passes, etc like this are a sure-fire way to make ESO become pay-to-win and thus far the developers have done an extremely good job of ensuring that the game is far from that. We don't want to see pay-to-win come anywhere near ESO.

I would suggest keeping the benefits of ESO+ within the convenience, visual-only, or access-to-paid-content level.

For ESO+ I would agree with a couple other things I've seen here:

(1) Ensure that plus members are getting access to 3 PAID DLCs a year. Homestead and Tamriel One are amazing, and were absolutely needed in the base game, but they are accessible by everyone and should not have counted toward the 4 quarterly DLCs we bought access to with our membership. In the future, plus members should be guaranteed access to 3 quarter DLCs of paid content each year.

(2) Access to the chapters with crowns (so that at least I can use the crowns I get with my subscription to purchase the chapters) and a discount on chapters for ESO+ members (perhaps increasing based on past subscription time).

(3) Furniture bag; Although during the homestead stream they mentioned they were already coming up with some storage solution for furniture which might make this irrelevant - if not, this would definitely be a major convenience item alongside the well-loved craft bag.

Additionally I would mention that as an ESO+ subscriber, I would not be interested in receiving crown crates with my subscription - that would not add any value for me, or for many other players that dislike the crate system, as research into the crates has already shown that the value of items you get from them are rarely worth the cost of the crate, and because I'd rather use actual crowns to purchase things I want from the crown store rather than some random assortment of stuff I don't want.
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soo you want ideas on how to get people to continue to pay for a 1 time purchase game?
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with some of the suggestions above, but I also have afew new ones in mind, purely "QoL" and not "P2W" :

- "Daily quest board" in your house.

As someone who's done "pretty much everything" in this game, I still log on everyday and my chars, while done with "adventuring", have still their daily lives and chores to deal with. What annoys them most is to have to do so much running around and loading screens, just to be told what they have to do on that particular day, and that costs them much more time than actually doing those chores. I'd like a board in my main house that would allow me to take AND turn in all available daily quests in the game. That would be ideal. If not all quests, then a strict minimum would be crafting writ quests. And as a realistic middle ground, crafting writs + undaunted dailies + mages' guild + fighters' guild dailies.

- Full-grown assistants

Another idea would be to have to banker assistant, smuggler assistant and merchant assistant fully unlocked for ESO+ members (which means, they would provide the same service as their open world counterparts : guild store, guild bank, repairs..)

• anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want to reiterate that the fact that this thread even exists help cure the bad taste in my mouth.

You're a kind spirit.
    I don't want to... but I'll be nasty here. I'll never forget that whatever they "sell", they can take away. I've always been aware that the name of the game was "that's how it is now, it can change tomorrow" but the cold-blooded decision to take a major perk of ESO+ (access unlocked to all content) away reminded me sorely that business is business, and you as a consumer are left with "take it or leave it, past is past, now is now".
    That being said... this thread is "better than nothing"... but what matters is what they make out of it.

• olivesforge
    olivesforge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Drdeath20 wrote: »
    Soo you want ideas on how to get people to continue to pay for a 1 time purchase game?

ESO+ subscribers are allowed to downvote on forums. That'd be a good one.

I LOVE the extra guild slots idea - that would be a major QoL upgrade for traders, small-group PvP'ers and RP. My only slight objection is that it might not be universally helpful.

Free wayshrine ports? Now that's one that is universally useful, easy to implement, no-cost to Zeni AND non-P2P.

Transmog is the biggest thing missing from the game as of the 6th.
    PCNA | Aldmeri Dominion
    OlivesForge / Swiss Army Templar | Twink of Insanity / Gankblade | Olivesisnotonfire / Annoying Sorc | E. Angus / Magicka Pigeon-Thrower | K. Angus / Stamina Pigeon-Thrower
    Personage of note in:
    Dominant Dominion | Ethereal Traders Union | Knights of the Istari | CoC | Cyrodiil FG
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Inventory is biggest PITA in game. You wouldn't have nearly as many subs without the craft bag. Do this with furniture and/or equipment. I wouldn't even consider a sub without the craft bag, especially since you nixed crowns for chapters.

Unlock my Champion Points. I earned them, I want to use them.

Also against adding any crate rewards to Plus. Pet, personality, costume, mount rewards might be okay, as long as you match or beat the quality of the Senche mount :p .

edit: I also agree that this thread goes a long way to undoing the damage done by pulling chapters from ESO+. I'm guessing you lost a lot more subs than you projected, and now it's your bean counters jumping up and down instead of subscribers . >:)
    Edited by Ourorboros on February 3, 2017 9:37PM
    PC/NA/DC
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Free skill point resets
    Free CP Reset
    Length of membership rewards? 1 year, 2 etc
    Bigger Bank (+10/20 etc)
    Bigger carry capacity (+10/20 etc)
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Auto-looting.
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is what I would like to see added.

** Loyalty rewards **
    This could be done in a couple of ways. Obviously you would have your specific amount of time for various things. These should be exclusive rewards that you can only get via this program. You had the right idea in the first year. 3 months you got something smallish, 6 months something a little better, 9 months something even better, and at a year it was amazing. But this should be looked at a little as at this point you have a proven bunch of people so loyal they have been subbed since day one on PC, which proves that you can and will have people subbed past the 1 year mark and will need to have something to offer those folks at periodic times. So maybe rewards are every 6 months. And maybe from time to time you throw them a voucher for any 1 free item out of the crown store, and it can be ANYTHING in the crown store.

A deal on chapters that increased with the amount of time you have subbed. I would say starting at 3 months up to 12 months which would be very drastically reduced or free even.

I like the idea about a daily quest board. I'm doing that too, the running around picking up dailies from all over the place and then turning them in. Being able to go ONE place and pick them all up and turn them all in would be freakin amazing. Or bare minimum pick them all up from one board. But I'm not sold on this only being a sub perk. Maybe you bought a house perk, or a you bought a house that was at least this big or has a yard or some other thing.

Free wayshrine ports all the time. But this is a small potatoes perk in my opinion. You can add a couple small things, but you need to add something awesome too. (I consider the added xp gain and gold gain to be small potatoes perks too)

A lot of things being suggested I am just not sure they should belong only to subs. A lot of things need to be looked at and addressed for everyone in my opinion. Like storage. And mount training. Both of those could be added as sub perks, but I'm not sure they should be. And if they are, they should be amazing.

PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • Dr_Resilient
    Dr_Resilient
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not a ESO+ player.

Just don't give advantages that makes the game unfair between ESO+ and non subscribers.
  • Psychodellix
    Psychodellix
    ✭✭✭
    free travel
  • Dedricus
    Dedricus
    ✭✭✭
    A custom costume slot, transmogrification, or style conversion system!
  • ninjaguyman
    ninjaguyman
    ✭✭✭
    - no gold cost on non wayshrine travel
    - transmog system or cosmetic armor slots
    - can unlock both morphs of skills
    - free/discounted champion point/skill point respec

these last two are mainly directed to people (such as me) who have a main character that has to respec for multiple roles. such as being both a tank and a dps. requiring morph respecs and champion point respecs everytime i want to swap between tank, dps, and pvp.
    Edited by ninjaguyman on February 3, 2017 8:41PM
    Characters:
    AD breton nb: Shadowshinobi
    DC Altmer magicka nb: merc shot
  • lonewolf26
    lonewolf26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some ideas I had:

Subscription-based storage improvements:
    * Higher Max Bank and Character storage space
    * Higher stack limits for stackables

Add some new QoL Item systems that are limited for non-subs, and unlimited for subs:
    * Cross-toon item management system which would allow us to swap gear between toons without relogging.
    * Decon and destroy undo option.

Crown-specific follower enhancements:
    * Banker could grant access to guild store and bank for subs
    * Merchant could perform gear repairs for subs
    * Fence you could reduce or eliminate the 35% fencing cost

Crown reward improvements:
    * Crown Store discounts: Flat discount on all items, with maybe a greater discount on the monthly exclusive items.
    * Reward more crowns on a resub or special deals on crown purchases (x more crowns per pack purchased, or pay less for crown packs).
    * One or more free crown crates per month subbed (1 a month for the first two months, 2 a month for 3-6 months, more for 1+ year).
    * Early access to crown store exclusives
    * Ability to purchase exclusives no longer offered through the store.

Other:
    * Exclusive costume or cosmetic that can be used when subbed.
    * Reduce or the eliminate cool down on cost increase of fast travel.
    Edited by lonewolf26 on February 3, 2017 8:46PM
  • Psychodellix
    Psychodellix
    ✭✭✭
    weapon dyeing
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Transmog system
    • 1-2 complimentary crown crates per month
    • Cosmetic loyalty rewards
    • Prioritizing ESO+ subscribers for things like Cyrodiil queues and LFG groups would alienate non-subscribers too much, don't do it

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • 2avroarrowpreub18_ESO
    2avroarrowpreub18_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I am not sure if this will be read by anyone but ...... With Regards to Cyrodiil.
    I was wondering if in the future to make the realm a bit more exciting and meaningful, Could the Bridges and Gates have Guards and Flags to capture like the towns. This would give crossing the zones a bit of a challenge and control of a territory some meaning and also alert a realm of a possible attack if they lost a Bridge or Gate. Players could just run through them if they wished by Fleeing by the guards like at the Scroll gates, or Players could stay on the bridge to defend their territory with the guards. Quests to capture the bridges could be given out and AP points awarded. This would help spread fighting about the Realm of Cyrodiil. I am talking about the Main Bridges and Gates Like the bridge North of Alessia and the Gate South of Ash and the Gate East of Bleaker. There are other Gates and Bridges along these lines as well that could have Guards and Flags. Currently these areas are really not used meaningfully, most fighting is at the actual castles.
    Just a Thought.... Maybe someone else can expand on it, I just would like to see more meaning away from the castles in Cyrodiil. The towns was a Great start by the way, although having a Quest from our Home Starter area to take a town would be nice. Just Saying.... Thanks
    Build Relations,Be Brave, Be Strong, Make Friends...Build Brave Strong Friends.
  • SutoreRaito
    SutoreRaito
    Soul Shriven
    One thing that has been very important to me with any MMO is the ability to customize the appearance of my character completely. There are some great choices already in ESO that help with this like gear dye and costumes, but it is missing the ability to transmog gear which would be a great addition to ESO Plus. GW2 and FFXIV have some of the best systems for this.

And in addition to this, it could be nice to maybe have a yearly allowance of free body appearance respecs. I like making tweaks to body appearance when I think the mood of my character has changed based on the activities I participate in with said character. For example, Dark Brotherhood came out and one of my characters has poured their souls into the Brotherhood and so I want to make an appearance change that reflects this.
    Bring back subscriber rewards. Reward people for subscribing to ESO, being loyal to the game, the company and give them rewards - unique mounts, costumes, dyes, pets, etc. Simple as that.

Quarter 1 - pet
    Quarter 3 - personality

That's it. Do that, and people will flip out and be happy. You did it before, and people paid money to get extra ESO Plus time JUST FOR THAT TIGER. It works. We know it works. You know it works. Let's make it happen.

I like FFXIV's Veteran Rewards. It is similar to this idea from Preyfar but based on cumulative total of days subbed instead.
    Edited by SutoreRaito on February 3, 2017 9:40PM
  • ChandraNalaar
    ChandraNalaar
    ✭✭✭

Quarter 1 - pet
    Quarter 3 - personality

I like this idea; dyes that that orange from the halloween and stuff like that. Another thing is they could do like once a quarter or something you get an appearance change token or something. It's little loyalty rewards like you suggested that makes subscribers happy.