The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

4v4v4

• Astanphaeus
    Astanphaeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The "good" players will only like them as long as they can dominate Pugs, and the Pugs will quickly grow tired of it when premade groups dominate.
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The "good" players will only like them as long as they can dominate Pugs, and the Pugs will quickly grow tired of it when premade groups dominate.

The best fights happen between the best players imo. Only reason I will go there is to fight good players on mostly equal terms without being limited by the usual open world respect thingy (which will be obsolete, when starting on even footing).
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    souravami wrote: »
    Best of luck fighting against a premade of 4 blazing shield malubeth trollplars guarding each other ;)

Or 4 heavy armor magicka templars with destro ult
    Edited by Katahdin on February 1, 2017 7:45PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You simply should not be able to see the names/accounts of the people you´re fighting before or in the match.

Name the players
    DC breton in blue
    EP Dunmer in red
    AD khajiit in yellow

Show char names after match has ended.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    would be nice to have 2v2v2 or 3v3v3 beside this mode.
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think making the battlegrounds XvXvX is a genius move.

Fights between two teams devolve into the two sides posturing against each other across an open field until one side lines up a one shot on an enemy member.

If one team swings back to use terrain or draw the enemy team into close quarters or something, the other team just backs up into the open and says "no, you come to us or we won't fight."

In an XvXvX scenario, one team can dip out of the engagement to break away from the second, but then the third has an opening to engage on the second. The second group will want to pursue the first to finish someone off before turning to defend against the third. Or, more importantly, the second will withdraw in a different direction to avoid being caught between the first and third groups, and then any group that does find themselves caught between the other two will find themselves promptly collapsed on. Terrain and mobility will become more useful, as will sharp maneuvers.

TLDR: XvX mimics dueling mechanics on a slightly larger scale -- i.e. line of sight and terrain lose their importance and inhibit the fight because groups can sit in a field and just say nope. XvXvX mechanics will more closely mimic open world encounters where groups can maneuver to draw the other two groups into fighting each other in order to dip out of the fight and reposition themselves.

I'm excited for this.

I completely agree. Coming from someone who's experienced the absolute highest tier of ranked in both WoW and SWTOR, which both had arenas and dueling, I can't help but favor that style of play. You guys who may have started in ESO will be more inclined to side with the zerg fests/open world style of environment, which I absolutely loathe.

I am not saying this is a bad change, this will be very good. It fits the game extremely well with how it's currently meant to be played - all out war. I guess the hate I am generating towards this is mostly coming from the disappointment. So many people were so sure 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 and so on was coming and then they drop this on us. We shall wait and see, I guess. One thing that's for sure is that solo queue will be almost impossible (given how this game plays) if you can get matched up against premades. If solo queue won't allow you to do that then it's going to be nice to say the least. We shall see!
    Edited by Subversus on February 1, 2017 9:15PM
  • Mako1132
    Mako1132
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    You simply should not be able to see the names/accounts of the people you´re fighting before or in the match.

Name the players
    DC breton in blue
    EP Dunmer in red
    AD khajiit in yellow

Show char names after match has ended.

Kind of agree with this.
  • NedicWildling
    NedicWildling
    ✭✭✭
    Chuga_Rei wrote: »
    I will be the first to offer my guild as tribute. We will proudly let our competitive spirit rip apart our friendships as we work towards trimming the fat(literally and figuratively, its june/cutting season, suns out guns out!!!) and being as competitive as possible.

Those who are about to rage, salute you.

Edit your signature, Braidas is back he playing on @msawwan2ub17_ESO account. :smile:
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Camelot Unchained might release in 2072 at this rate, though.

and it'll look like a game form 1972. So retro!
    But as of now, it looks like a game from 2007 not 2017.

• Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will be the first to offer my guild as tribute. We will proudly let our competitive spirit rip apart our friendships as we work towards trimming the fat(literally and figuratively, its june/cutting season, suns out guns out!!!) and being as competitive as possible.

Those who are about to rage, salute you.

That's making me sad, it's soon bye bye hamburgers and pies and back to *** same-meal-errday meal prep and cardio to prepare for summer T_T
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Camelot Unchained might release in 2072 at this rate, though.

and it'll look like a game form 1972. So retro!
    But as of now, it looks like a game from 2007 not 2017.

I would take retro 1972 graphics over zenimax 2017 lag
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Camelot Unchained Graphics are actually coming a long pretty nice.

The Animation System is being worked on right now.

• NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    FENGRUSH wrote: »
    Lord FENGRUSH is prepared for 4v8.

Heck yeeeeea boiii.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • bubbygink
    bubbygink
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with what people are saying about hiding names of players until the match is over. Not only will certain known players get focused, but some players may find a friend or guildie of theirs on another team and decide not to attack them and instead focus the other team. Having names showing just invites unfair practices.

I think PvP ranks should also be hidden. If one team has a couple of grand overlords on it then you can bet the other two teams are going to focus that team down. I agree in principle with what @Derra said above. Just think of simple names to call each player instead. You can use the same set of times for each fight even so the players get used to them.

• Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cant believe ZO$ think 4v4v4=battlegrounds, sound more like friday night than battlegrounds, I guess using code from trials with pvp turned on was too tempting :(
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • Ling
    Ling
    ✭✭✭
    anyone knows or zos said something about 4v4v4 leaderboards or rewards?

or will it be only "just for fun" like the current duel function?
    Lìng ~ Ebonheart-Pact
    Achievement points: 33290
    Alliance rank: Grand Overlord (50)(since 2016)
    Soloplayer
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ling wrote: »
    anyone knows or zos said something about 4v4v4 leaderboards or rewards?

or will it be only "just for fun" like the current duel function?

They said in the stream that there would be a leader board with rewards.
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    hopefully they hide player names until the end. Otherwise GG to those people who are known and disliked. It will become 8v4 very quickly.

I don't think this is a bad thing. You can actually win 3 way fights quite easily if enemies focus your team too hard as you can use it to control the fight. So long as they don't do some kind of truce and avoid attacking each other or some bs. I've gotten so many people killed who have tunnel visioned on my group in open world.
    Edited by IxSTALKERxI on February 2, 2017 12:31PM
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Psilent wrote: »
    makeumrage wrote: »
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    I hope they have an option for private matches in mind, removed from whatever leaderboards they already have confirmed. If this is just piggy-backing the Dungeon Finder where you queue in with a group, or solo and get in a PUG, it'll be fine, but it'd be nice if there were some way to host custom matches with 12 other players you know.

I hope they dont. I hope they require you to get on level with other and compete. Thats the same mindset of the people asking for an instanced pve version of cyrodill

I think it would be awesome to have pre-arranged fights. 4 Invictus vers 4 Vehemence vers 4 Hagnado would be a lot of fun.

The only thing I'd advise in a match like that is it not counting for any leaderboards and kills/wins are worth zero AP; Would stop potential abuse.

Like an exhibition fight! There will be some fun match ups for sure!
  • Chuga_Rei
    Chuga_Rei
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I dont want to fight pugs, I want to fight my friends and rivals.

Killing timmy the tyro is pointless, its all about the fights to be had and most premades will agree. Those who dont will go back to pretending to be competitive by pug smashing open world on their terms with impunity.
    MAIN: Subtomik |DC| Templar| Grand Overlord| Magicka since release(GET RID OF RD and give me back blinding flashes!)
    Scrubtomik|EP |Templar|Rerolled to help outnumbered EP
    Urban Youth|DC | Nightblade|AVA RANK 15| Stam
    Not A Racist |EP|Nightblade| Magicka| Maelstrom farmer
    Triggered Liberal|DC| New maelstrom farmer lol
    Pls Send Nudes |AD| DK

GM of Full Metal Carebears
    No Mercy
    AutoBots
    K-hole

Gone but not forgotten, Braidas, Marku, and a dozen other heroes
  • joe.smith21b14_ESO
    joe.smith21b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Killing timmy the tyro is pointless, its all about the fights to be had and most premades will agree. Those who dont will go back to pretending to be competitive by pug smashing open world on their terms with impunity.

But I want potatoes I like potatoes. Mashed potatoes fried potatoes baked potatoes you name it.
    Smiff
  • Chuga_Rei
    Chuga_Rei
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But I want potatoes I like potatoes. Mashed potatoes fried potatoes baked potatoes you name it.

You 1 shot people whether they are a tyro or grand overlord so I can see how its all the same to you lol
    MAIN: Subtomik |DC| Templar| Grand Overlord| Magicka since release(GET RID OF RD and give me back blinding flashes!)
    Scrubtomik|EP |Templar|Rerolled to help outnumbered EP
    Urban Youth|DC | Nightblade|AVA RANK 15| Stam
    Not A Racist |EP|Nightblade| Magicka| Maelstrom farmer
    Triggered Liberal|DC| New maelstrom farmer lol
    Pls Send Nudes |AD| DK

GM of Full Metal Carebears
    No Mercy
    AutoBots
    K-hole

Gone but not forgotten, Braidas, Marku, and a dozen other heroes
  • joe.smith21b14_ESO
    joe.smith21b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    A bundle of potatoes
    Smiff
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was actually sort of a Moba type Warhammer Game that was 3 way fighting

Wrath of Heroes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMSpL-if89M
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Subversus wrote: »
    Rip 2v2 and 4v4 arenas dream... T_T
    New way to balance stuff #ZOSway - 8v4
  • KisoValley
    KisoValley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think the matchmaking is the biggest issue that can arise from battlegrounds. If that is working, it has a lot of potential. I also think Zos needs to hide names and not allow people to wear tabards when queueing to stop people "teaming" up so to speak.
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KisoValley wrote: »
    Think the matchmaking is the biggest issue that can arise from battlegrounds. If that is working, it has a lot of potential. I also think Zos needs to hide names and not allow people to wear tabards when queueing to stop people "teaming" up so to speak.
    They will team anyway even if they don't benefit from that, look at Cyro-there's zero objectively correct fights, cause there's no profit from it, people stack on bridge instead.
    Edited by Sugaroverdose on February 3, 2017 11:44AM
  • Paraflex
    Paraflex
    ✭✭✭✭
    They should keep people anonymous only during the fight to prevent the 4v8 situations...although at the top people can self identify teams and hopefully they have an answer for this.

It depends on the game mode I'd image how the 4v8 problem will happen.

If it's deathmatch do we have unlimited lives and the first to 50 kills wins?

If it's capture the flag it could get chaotic as the carrier is public enemy number 1

If it's resource capture we should have people fighting over everything.

I think it depends on the game mode but the biggest issue will be deathmatch or arena mode....people will certainly 4v8 in situations....super happy about the content and looking forward to it but hopefully they address some obvious issue.

I don't want to smash pug groups all day so a month later no one wants to play please make a good matchmaking system
    Edited by Paraflex on February 4, 2017 1:59AM
    Hollykills CP 630 Templar Healer - Ad PS4 Warlord Rank

Max Stam/Mag Dk
    Max Stam Sorc
    Max Stam/Mag NB

Don't care to dps much so I heal.

• Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want people to see my name
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think making the battlegrounds XvXvX is a genius move.

Fights between two teams devolve into the two sides posturing against each other across an open field until one side lines up a one shot on an enemy member.

If one team swings back to use terrain or draw the enemy team into close quarters or something, the other team just backs up into the open and says "no, you come to us or we won't fight."

In an XvXvX scenario, one team can dip out of the engagement to break away from the second, but then the third has an opening to engage on the second. The second group will want to pursue the first to finish someone off before turning to defend against the third. Or, more importantly, the second will withdraw in a different direction to avoid being caught between the first and third groups, and then any group that does find themselves caught between the other two will find themselves promptly collapsed on. Terrain and mobility will become more useful, as will sharp maneuvers.

TLDR: XvX mimics dueling mechanics on a slightly larger scale -- i.e. line of sight and terrain lose their importance and inhibit the fight because groups can sit in a field and just say nope. XvXvX mechanics will more closely mimic open world encounters where groups can maneuver to draw the other two groups into fighting each other in order to dip out of the fight and reposition themselves.

I'm excited for this.

I like the concept but i don't think it's gonna be anything other than Templars and tanks guarding eachother.
    Invictus