The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

4v4v4

• Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lucky28 wrote: »
    I think making the battlegrounds XvXvX is a genius move.

Fights between two teams devolve into the two sides posturing against each other across an open field until one side lines up a one shot on an enemy member.

If one team swings back to use terrain or draw the enemy team into close quarters or something, the other team just backs up into the open and says "no, you come to us or we won't fight."

In an XvXvX scenario, one team can dip out of the engagement to break away from the second, but then the third has an opening to engage on the second. The second group will want to pursue the first to finish someone off before turning to defend against the third. Or, more importantly, the second will withdraw in a different direction to avoid being caught between the first and third groups, and then any group that does find themselves caught between the other two will find themselves promptly collapsed on. Terrain and mobility will become more useful, as will sharp maneuvers.

TLDR: XvX mimics dueling mechanics on a slightly larger scale -- i.e. line of sight and terrain lose their importance and inhibit the fight because groups can sit in a field and just say nope. XvXvX mechanics will more closely mimic open world encounters where groups can maneuver to draw the other two groups into fighting each other in order to dip out of the fight and reposition themselves.

I'm excited for this.

I like the concept but i don't think it's gonna be anything other than Templars and tanks guarding eachother.

This exactly. I'm almost certain that 'elite smallscale' teams will queue with some templar healer in full heavy that can't die (yet able to hit 10k breath of life) and some guarded mag sorc or something and then another healer with another guarded elite smallscaler stomping 8 random pugs...
    Edited by Subversus on February 5, 2017 2:57PM
  • Yuke
    Yuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you have half a year to make some small scale friends and build premades yourself

also many game modes render the setups you mentioned as useless.

ZoS to do list to make this thing working:

- Do not allow to queue for specific game modes only
    - Give people who leave a severe penality (requeue time and ladder points - if there will be a match making system)
    - Do not allow switching gear and skills after joining the battleground
    - Do not list char names in any form beforehand
    Edited by Yuke on February 5, 2017 3:42PM
    Save Us, Microsoft.

Noricum & Kitesquad™
    YT-Channel
  • Vurian97
    Vurian97
    ✭✭✭
    The showing of character names would not matter, in my opinion. Actively playing in Azura's Star for about 7 months now and have been in Blackwater Blade for much longer than that, the regulars for those campaigns target me already, why should Battlegrounds be any different? You want a challenge right? That's why you asked for battlegrounds, right? Showing names just brings more of that challenge. It also keeps people from talking so much sh*t that the other teams ALWAYS go after them. People will have to think of what they say / do, otherwise they'll get black-listed by the ESO community and get targeted all the time.
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nvm cba
    Edited by Subversus on February 6, 2017 12:35AM