The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

4v4v4

Subversus
Subversus
✭✭✭✭✭
Rip 2v2 and 4v4 arenas dream... T_T
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They couldn't do 5v5v5 because that would a Zerg .
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a feel that 4v4v4 is going to be really chaotic if you don't queue in a premade, idk though. We shall see. It's definitely better than 1v69 meteor fest in openworld.

rip grammar T_T
    Edited by Subversus on January 31, 2017 8:10PM
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It will be interesting to say the least. A lot of the "op" "unkillable" PvP shenanigans occur in the small 3-4 person groups. I really hope the Lords of Balance give their blessings by June 6th.

This 4v4v4 stuff is one of Sribes' sick wet dreams for sure.
    Edited by Publius_Scipio on January 31, 2017 8:03PM
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well at least it's gonna have leaderboards. If it's ELO based and not just how many wins you got I can absolutely guarantee insane amounts of drama and epeen contests. SWTOR top tier ranked community had it, and the drama went to the point where it had IRL elements to it... Ah well
    Edited by Subversus on January 31, 2017 8:06PM
  • No_True_Scotsman
    No_True_Scotsman
    ✭✭✭✭
    My body is so ready
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Subversus wrote: »
    Well at least it's gonna have leaderboards. If it's ELO based and not just how many wins you got I can absolutely guarantee insane amounts of drama and epeen contests. I've been in the absolute top tier SWTOR ranked 4v4 arena community, and the drama went to the point where it had IRL elements to it... Ah well

If bugs, exploits, and cheating are not addressed the leaderboards will bring about much drama lol.
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am afraid this will be exploited to the end of the universe, I hope by June they have done something about the cheating in this game don't think a lot of people will find dying in a couple of seconds after zoning in much fun, I guess we will see what the future holds.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I have a feel that 4v4v4 is going to be really chaoitic if you don't queue in a premade, idk though. We shall see. It's deffinitely better than 1v69 meteor fest in openworld.

I can't even imagine PUGging in.
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

I have a feel that 4v4v4 is going to be really chaoitic if you don't queue in a premade, idk though. We shall see. It's deffinitely better than 1v69 meteor fest in openworld.

I can't even imagine PUGging in.

Yeah, faction v faction can be manageable by carrying, 3 factions is going to be insane for pugs though, everyone's going to run about hitting whoever is nearest...
  • souravami
    souravami
    ✭✭✭✭
    Best of luck fighting against a premade of 4 blazing shield malubeth trollplars guarding each other ;)
    PC NA
    vMOL. vAA HM. vHRC HM. vSO HM. vMA on every single class.
    "A game should be fun to play. Balance always comes second."
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lol, do you think ZOS will fix the double mundus exploit by then? Well I guess it won't matter since we won't be able to tell anyway. :trollface:

Also, with how there are still no CE countermeasures I'm sure this will go real well.
    Edited by HoloYoitsu on January 31, 2017 8:18PM
  • No_True_Scotsman
    No_True_Scotsman
    ✭✭✭✭
    souravami wrote: »
    Best of luck fighting against a premade of 4 blazing shield malubeth trollplars guarding each other ;)

They should consider restricting duplicate classes. It will prevent a great deal of cheese comps. 4 magplar dps crosshealing and eye of the skilling at the same time, 4 zhegplars, 4 stam DK tank builds, etc.

@ZOS_RichLambert @Wrobel
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I, for one, am glad it is a 3way format. 4v4 would lead to inevitable balancing around 4v4--4v4v4 should be chaotic enough to mitigate that.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Zander98
    Zander98
    ✭✭✭
    Level design is going to be so important here. I think it'll sink or swim based on that.
    Hopefully they put time and effort into this. Not just a free for all in an open field.
    Edited by Zander98 on January 31, 2017 9:09PM
    Zane Altise- The Drunken Sorc

"The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head"-Pratchett
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I, for one, am glad it is a 3way format. 4v4 would lead to inevitable balancing around 4v4--4v4v4 should be chaotic enough to mitigate that.

That is true to a certain extent. 4v4v4 will never need balance unless a class is completely overpowered or is super weak to the point of not being able to survive. 4v4v4 will never provide good enough information to balance, however 4v4 will be a very very good benchmark for what is good and what is not.

If the game will have elo rating modes then I can absolutely guarantee that top players will avoid playing the weak class (unless there are leaderboards per class and not per faction) therefore it's going to be pretty obvious what's bad and what's over performing.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

They should consider restricting duplicate classes. It will prevent a great deal of cheese comps. 4 magplar dps crosshealing and eye of the skilling at the same time, 4 zhegplars, 4 stam DK tank builds, etc.

@ZOS_RichLambert @Wrobel

I have always advocated for class limitations and XvXvX format for any arenas in this game--they've delivered on one of thsoe, and I'm sure they recognize the potential for cheese that would happen if they don't restrict classes. A highlander (no more than one of each class, including Warden) ruleset would be great, but I could see a "no more than two" ruleset working, too.

Zander98 wrote: »
    Level design is going to be so important here. I think it'll sink or swim based on that.
    Hopefully they put time and effort into this. Not just a free for all inaner open field.

Yes--though I hope one of the levels is completely open: Final Destination, No Items in eso : P
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully they put time and effort into this. Not just a free for all inaner open field.

Absolutely, in fact I am very certain that environment is going to be the single most important factor in winning.
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_RichLambert @Wrobel

I have always advocated for class limitations and XvXvX format for any arenas in this game--they've delivered on one of thsoe, and I'm sure they recognize the potential for cheese that would happen if they don't restrict classes. A highlander (no more than one of each class, including Warden) ruleset would be great, but I could see a "no more than two" ruleset working, too.

Yes--though I hope one of the levels is completely open: Final Destination, No Items in eso : P

I can only imagine 2 templar healers and 2 dps, healers going full tank with guard on each of the dps :trollface:
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

They'll just take Alessia Bridge and throw it in to an empty void and call it good.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Hammy01
    Hammy01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I kind of wish it would be 6v6v6 or 8v8v8 (maybe they will add it in in the future :smiley: ) because 4v4v4 seems rather small but who knows 4v4v4 might be the perfect size for some quick chaotic fun.
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hammy01 wrote: »
    I kind of wish it would be 6v6v6 or 8v8v8 (maybe they will add it in in the future :smiley: ) because 4v4v4 seems rather small but who knows 4v4v4 might be the perfect size for some quick chaotic fun.

4v4v4 will be chaotic if you are queuing with pugs..
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hammy01 wrote: »

I would assume that if it's super popular we would see more variations. I know a lot of guilds would love for 12 man teams to be an option, too.
  • Pirhana7_ESO
    Pirhana7_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kinda bothered by this as I remember them saying they would never add these to take away from the battle in Cyrodiil.

I guess it doesn't matter at this point, alot of people left and went to play on Uthgard which is an old school Darkage of Camelot server. Most people are just waiting for Camelot Unchained any ways
  • No_True_Scotsman
    No_True_Scotsman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Camelot Unchained might release in 2072 at this rate, though.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    In before 'premade' versus 'pug' PVP farming threads start taking over instead of people complaining about zergs.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    In before 'premade' versus 'pug' PVP farming threads start taking over instead of people complaining about zergs.

My response would be the same as to people complaining about their PUG dungeon groups: make friends, join a guild, or suck it up.

My guess would be that no AP will be earned on battlegrounds -- so groups motivated by farming AP will stay in Cyrodiil, and groups motivated by having good small fights will prefer the arenas. Without some sort of ranking system, though, too many battles are going to be horribly one-sided.
  • DanTeales_Inferno
    DanTeales_Inferno
    ✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    Minalan wrote: »

My response would be the same as to people complaining about their PUG dungeon groups: make friends, join a guild, or suck it up.

My guess would be that no AP will be earned on battlegrounds -- so groups motivated by farming AP will stay in Cyrodiil, and groups motivated by having good small fights will prefer the arenas. Without some sort of ranking system, though, too many battles are going to be horribly one-sided.

There will be leaderboards, so im not sure if that entails a "ranking" per say but there is definitely going to be one.
    Thoros of Leeds - VR14 Templar

• Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope they have an option for private matches in mind, removed from whatever leaderboards they already have confirmed. If this is just piggy-backing the Dungeon Finder where you queue in with a group, or solo and get in a PUG, it'll be fine, but it'd be nice if there were some way to host custom matches with 12 other players you know.
  • Chuga_Rei
    Chuga_Rei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will be the first to offer my guild as tribute. We will proudly let our competitive spirit rip apart our friendships as we work towards trimming the fat(literally and figuratively, its june/cutting season, suns out guns out!!!) and being as competitive as possible.

Those who are about to rage, salute you.
    Edited by Chuga_Rei on January 31, 2017 10:17PM
    MAIN: Subtomik |DC| Templar| Grand Overlord| Magicka since release(GET RID OF RD and give me back blinding flashes!)
    Scrubtomik|EP |Templar|Rerolled to help outnumbered EP
    Urban Youth|DC | Nightblade|AVA RANK 15| Stam
    Not A Racist |EP|Nightblade| Magicka| Maelstrom farmer
    Triggered Liberal|DC| New maelstrom farmer lol
    Pls Send Nudes |AD| DK

GM of Full Metal Carebears
    No Mercy
    AutoBots
    K-hole

Gone but not forgotten, Braidas, Marku, and a dozen other heroes
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    did they say anything about soloq vs premade matchmaking?
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others