Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Potential Guild Trader Exploit! Please Investigate and Fix ASAP!

• JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone entered a very old dungeon
    Options
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone entered a very old dungeon

Well.. all the dungeons, whether very old or not, since day 1 are still all accessible and being entered in a daily basis today.
    Options
  • ScytheNL
    ScytheNL
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did find a trader the other day that had 9, yes, 9 items for sale. All by the same dude too. Seemed like a waste of a trader to me, all his items together were worth maybe 30K.
    Ingame:
    Ezekiel Zakriah, Redguard Nightblade

Xbox One, GT= Scythe NL
    Options
  • Anne13
    Anne13
    ✭✭✭✭
    If this problem continues then yes it is necessary to bring back to life old posts.

I can't fathom why nothing has been done it's been going on for months and months.
    Has any of Zos ever made any statement regarding this issue?
    Options
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this has been going on in the ps4 for months na server, i have posted countless threads about this....

***, even to get into guilds that have traders in kenarthii's roost you have to pay 5k a week, this is a joke...

FIX IT!!!!!
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
    Options
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_CoriJ wrote: »
    There are some really good suggestions being made that we would like to keep going. With that in mind, we ask that you refrain from any accusations against specific people/groups or commentary that might break our rules. Most of the discussion has been good and it would be counter-productive to the attention you're trying to achieve to get the thread off-topic or tanked.

If you do feel that you really need to point out specific individuals or groups, please be sure to report to Customer Support in the meantime with any relevant detail.

Thanks!

is something going to be done about it?
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
    Options
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This vendor in Vvardenfel is listing unlimited amounts of dwemer frames every couple of hours in VVardenfel, on this vendor called Meowemporium something
    Options
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This vendor in Vvardenfel is listing unlimited amounts of dwemer frames every couple of hours in VVardenfel, on this vendor called Meowemporium something

pc?

Options
  • NerdyHayseed
    NerdyHayseed
    ✭✭
    Nothing is going to be done about this. It seems to be Okey dokey with ZOS.
    Options
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it teaches young people the benefits of extortion and white collar crimes!

Options
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its just shocking that people would let so many suffer in there game. funny, and not surprising the world we live in.

Options
  • Anne13
    Anne13
    ✭✭✭✭
    PS4 eu server. Had the maintenance today.. the dummy guild that's back right craglorn has specifically waited until after the patch/maintenance to bug the trader noticed out by selling that spot with his dummy guild on... so now until trader change the trader notice will forever be bugged thus making it so much more difficult to recruit new members. Even more difficult for the smaller growing guilds.. not to mention that if a guild loses you have a chance to hire a free trader for 10k! These clowns are taking away that chance by covering them with dummy guilds so there's none free for anyone else.
    How is this not a problem? They found a loop hole in the way the trader system was intended to work. And squeezed the life out of it.
    Options
  • Anne13
    Anne13
    ✭✭✭✭
    As I've said before in other posts.
    Make it so if a guild disbands whilst owning a trader spot in any area. That trader spot will then become dead and unable to use and trade from and re opened at the next trader change! Or...
    make it so that no guild can disband their guild whilst owning a live trader
    To disband a guild you must have ' no trader hired '

Options
  • MercyKilling
    MercyKilling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But no, nobody can abuse/manipulate the market because there's no auction house. Having guild traders prevents this kind of thing from ever happening. There's no market manipulation going on in ESO because there's no auction house.

Okay, now that the B.S. is out of the way......

This kind of thing has happened since the onset of guild traders. Still say there needs to be an AH. At least there, anyone could manipulate the market instead of the select few in mega guilds.
    I am not spending a single penny on the game until changes are made to the game that I want to see.
    1) Remove having to be in a guild to sell items to other players at a kiosk.
    2) Cosmetic modding for armor and clothing.
    3) Difficulty slider.
    4) Fully customizable player housing that isn't tied to anything in the game other than having the correct resources and enough gold to build. Don't tie it to PvP, guild membership, or anything at all. Oh, make it instanced so as not to take up world map space, too. Zeni screwed this one up already.
    Any /one/ of these things implemented would get me spending again, maybe even subbing.
    Options
  • Anne13
    Anne13
    ✭✭✭✭
    Erasure wrote: »
    Scaena wrote: »
    Aka exploiting. Zenimax never intended for the guild disband option to be used so that big trader guilds could reserve backup spots for themselves.

However... since you seem to be so for it... You won't mind when my alt guilds start taking up spots all over Tamriel and just so coincidently shut out other guilds, maybe even your own?

The blade swings both way...

The Hiring_Guild_Disbands=Open Trader nor Dead Trader are good for the game. It will be certainly be good for my plans of Tamriel Domination but it's a death sentence for small guilds. All the big guilds will start using alt guilds to bid on backup spots and most will just sit there unused. They would only be used for those rare times the main guild loses their bid.

It's either one guild, one bid or you should be ready for my conquest to start very soon. For you and all your guilds to swear allegiance to my cartel.

It's an exploit and will be used that way. That's why it needs to be fixed.

Hire isn't free for all when only one guild knows when the guild will become hireable.

Computer 1 @ 2:34AM -> Disband Guild
    *Trader Hireable*
    Computer 2 @ 2:34AM 1( second later) -> Hire Trader

There is no chance of a second guild getting the trader before the cheating guild. None.

Which I guess will make it simpler when my Tamriel Domination plans begin... :)

You know it would take hundreds of accounts, and hundreds of millions of gold per week to make that a reality? I mean, you do you, but I can't imagine spending that much cash, irl or in-game, simply for the satisfaction of ruining other people's fun.

Or stop implying the ludicrous as the likely, either or.

Yes, I actually have a ss of one guild leader that does this. Boasting about how he covers 28 spots with dummy guilds. That's right each created putting alts and random members into each of those dummy guilds. When one gets sold and disbanded he'll create a new to replace those. I know one person in their alliance who has about 24 different alts. Another with around 15. It's easily done.
    Many have no life, plenty of time to create and make this happen. Enjoying the power and greed over a game. Treating it as a irl business and yes that includes making real cash from this and everything that is associated with it.
    Options
  • Anne13
    Anne13
    ✭✭✭✭
    This has been happening since console release at least. On many occasions I have seen "dead" traders on top spots. But I can honestly say I didn't make sense to me until now.

You're in a couple of the guilds that does this exact thing on a weekly basis with numerous of dummy guilds. ( multiple proof )
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But no, nobody can abuse/manipulate the market because there's no auction house. Having guild traders prevents this kind of thing from ever happening. There's no market manipulation going on in ESO because there's no auction house.

Okay, now that the B.S. is my strawman is out of the way......

This kind of thing has happened since the onset of guild traders. Still say there needs to be an AH. At least there, anyone could manipulate the market instead of the select few in mega guilds.

Edited for clarity.

No one who knows what they're talking about has said that it's impossible to manipulate the market, just that the splintered market system means it requires exponentially more time and effort to do so, meaning you aren't crying about how every gold mat runs you 150k.
    Options
  • MercyKilling
    MercyKilling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Okay, now that the B.S. is out of the way......

Edited for clarity. (Well, to fit my skewed view, anyway.)

No one who knows what they're talking about has said that it's impossible to manipulate the market, just that the splintered market system means it requires exponentially more time and effort to do so, meaning you aren't crying about how every gold mat runs you 150k.

Truth is not strawman. It would take -one person- much more time and effort, but when you have five guilds all up in there..well, time and effort gets cut way down, just like any other task that has a lot of people working on it. Way to try and obscure that fact.

Also, re-edited for maximum truth.
    I am not spending a single penny on the game until changes are made to the game that I want to see.
    1) Remove having to be in a guild to sell items to other players at a kiosk.
    2) Cosmetic modding for armor and clothing.
    3) Difficulty slider.
    4) Fully customizable player housing that isn't tied to anything in the game other than having the correct resources and enough gold to build. Don't tie it to PvP, guild membership, or anything at all. Oh, make it instanced so as not to take up world map space, too. Zeni screwed this one up already.
    Any /one/ of these things implemented would get me spending again, maybe even subbing.
    Options
  • Iarao
    Iarao
    ✭✭✭✭
    only read to page 3 and it was devolving, so hope i am not repeating this idea:

50 people in the big guild have a second account, specifically for the 2nd bid guild. means gl will not have to recruit for new guild. or 25 people with 2 additional accts, and etc.

gl of big guild sends out invites to these 50 people as needed to join new guild.

they join by saturday and he now has a guild able to bid on a trader.

gl transfers over bidding gold to new guild.

gl does his thing with regards to bidding on traders.

if they lose main spot, gl disbands new guild and big guild takes saved spot for 10k.

if they win main spot, trader has a guild with few listings, if any, and that guild remains intact until needed the next week.

repeat.

in return, these 50 people are not required pay fees towards trader support of a top tier trader in say rawk, wayrest, or mournhold, etc. maybe even get a small stipend to keep them loyal and their mouths shut.

with this setup, it is NOT time consuming at all. may even be some sort of guild invite addon. it does cost a throw away amount for the second bid to hedge bets.

Options
  • Iarao
    Iarao
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anne13 wrote: »
    Erasure wrote: »
    Scaena wrote: »
    Aka exploiting. Zenimax never intended for the guild disband option to be used so that big trader guilds could reserve backup spots for themselves.

However... since you seem to be so for it... You won't mind when my alt guilds start taking up spots all over Tamriel and just so coincidently shut out other guilds, maybe even your own?

The blade swings both way...

The Hiring_Guild_Disbands=Open Trader nor Dead Trader are good for the game. It will be certainly be good for my plans of Tamriel Domination but it's a death sentence for small guilds. All the big guilds will start using alt guilds to bid on backup spots and most will just sit there unused. They would only be used for those rare times the main guild loses their bid.

It's either one guild, one bid or you should be ready for my conquest to start very soon. For you and all your guilds to swear allegiance to my cartel.

It's an exploit and will be used that way. That's why it needs to be fixed.

Hire isn't free for all when only one guild knows when the guild will become hireable.

Computer 1 @ 2:34AM -> Disband Guild
    *Trader Hireable*
    Computer 2 @ 2:34AM 1( second later) -> Hire Trader

There is no chance of a second guild getting the trader before the cheating guild. None.

Which I guess will make it simpler when my Tamriel Domination plans begin... :)

You know it would take hundreds of accounts, and hundreds of millions of gold per week to make that a reality? I mean, you do you, but I can't imagine spending that much cash, irl or in-game, simply for the satisfaction of ruining other people's fun.

Or stop implying the ludicrous as the likely, either or.

Yes, I actually have a ss of one guild leader that does this. Boasting about how he covers 28 spots with dummy guilds. That's right each created putting alts and random members into each of those dummy guilds. When one gets sold and disbanded he'll create a new to replace those. I know one person in their alliance who has about 24 different alts. Another with around 15. It's easily done.
    Many have no life, plenty of time to create and make this happen. Enjoying the power and greed over a game. Treating it as a irl business and yes that includes making real cash from this and everything that is associated with it.

all alts on one acct are in the same guilds, as it is attached to your @ account name, not your character names. you need discrete accounts. and boasting may be all he is doing. but yes, each additional acct can join 5 dummy guilds for sure. and if a requirement of guild membership is a second acct, then there are up to 500 extra accts per guild that can be used to make dummies.
    Edited by Iarao on September 3, 2017 6:10AM
    Options
  • ThePrinceOfBargains
    ThePrinceOfBargains
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This wouldn't even be an issue if Guild traders weren't a thing. It has and always will be a horrendous system. This is just the cherry on top. I don't want to hear jack squat about "immersion" when they let players run around with pumpkins on their head. This game is about the furthest thing from immersive. Just give us a normal frickin market.
    Options
  • Anne13
    Anne13
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_TristanK @ZOS_GaryA @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_GinaBruno

Has any decision been made?
    Please can someone shed some light on this subject?
    Give us some idea of your views. Whether it's allowed, whether you guys are looking into a fix. If you class it as an exploit and can you get into trouble for doing such thing.
    The whole trader side of the game is being destroyed on the Eu serve and has been getting worse for many months.
    Please, please give us some indication.
    Options
  • Anne13
    Anne13
    ✭✭✭✭
    What are we supposed to do!? Let it continue? Make dummy guilds of our own and place them on every trading location to stop their dummy guilds winning, so they can't sell and disband? I have one of the largest guilds on the EU server. Lost a 7.8m bid. Have screenshot proof of the owner of another guild. Who lost their bid. The screenshot shows:
    Mr X won the bid to hire x location for 700k. With their dummy guild. Few hours later now their main guild owns it and the trader notifications bugged. Not only that... the main guilds Motd states: " good job everyone, we won our trader bid "
    Hang on.. I have proof, timed and dated that their dummy guild won that location at that time. So the gold refunded for their main guild losing. Say 6m gets stolen by mr X. Which is the members donations and sales tax. It's wrong on so many levels!
    You're thinking how I got that screenshot proof!? Stupidity and gloating... nice guys
    Options
  • Kozato
    Kozato
    ✭✭✭
    Staff have replied to this entire thread, so they've read it....What would be nice is for someone such as themselves to put a final closure to this and say "Yes, this is an exploit and we will stop it" or "No, this is legitimate and they can do it". That's all people want to know. This is actually quite an old thread but I think it's still relevant.
    @ZOS_TristanK @ZOS_GaryA @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by Kozato on September 14, 2017 8:33PM
    Options
  • Anne13
    Anne13
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still no response -_-
    Options
  • Galenus_of_Pergamon
    @ZOS_TristanK @ZOS_GaryA @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_MattFiror @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_NickKonkle

I may not be a proverbial "Whale", but I am at least a big fish.

I spend $800-$1,000 a month on Crowns in order to create amazing guild houses (instead of grinding items because time= money).

Creating exceptional guild communities and experiences is a passion of mine. This trading exploit is killing some of those exceptional experiences. Please find a way to fix this trading exploit so that I will continue to feel compelled to help pay your car/house notes and grow the game's future development fund.
    Edited by Galenus_of_Pergamon on October 5, 2017 2:22PM
    14 AD Characters all 730CP+ (more info coming soon)

Vivat Veritas
    Options
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PathwayM wrote: »
    Yeah, but if two people are coordinating it, it would be much harder for anyone to intervene. It's unfortunately not something that we can easily prevent as a community.

I think it needs 50 players because below this number you can't open a public store.
    Options
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am pushing this thread, since its again an issue, till today ZOS also didnt state anything about it. Do we ever get an information, how ZOS will deal this exploit? @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Get Stuff like this (but not this stuff)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"I have too admit. People leading trade guilds in this game are quite stupid. Not stupid like fools, but stupid like leaders.
    They can only bla-bla and waste gold on feeding their ego. I am disappointed."

Egal, wie gut du Schach spielst, die Taube wird alle Figuren umwerfen, auf das Brett kacken und herumstolzieren, als hätte sie gewonnen.

Arkadius Trade Tools
    Modular framework, now open for authors who want to add own tabs.

My Donation (Arkadius' Trade Tools Addon)
    First external ATT tab contribution.

Port to Friend's House Addon
    Check out the new Port to Friend's House library and port to contributers houses:
    Deutsch | English

Options
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am pushing this thread, since its again an issue, till today ZOS also didnt state anything about it. Do we ever get an information, how ZOS will deal this exploit? @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

No, exploiting is legit the only thing they truly ban for is if you take away business
    Options
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cpt_Teemo wrote: »

No, exploiting is legit the only thing they truly ban for is if you take away business

Well, we never had this exploit on PC EU. I was really happy about the situation, that it didnt happen so far and nobody was THAT nasty to start and try it. Meanwhile there are people doing it also on PC EU, motivated and inspired by all those complaint threads on forums of the past without any reaction of ZOS.

Get Stuff like this (but not this stuff)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"I have too admit. People leading trade guilds in this game are quite stupid. Not stupid like fools, but stupid like leaders.
    They can only bla-bla and waste gold on feeding their ego. I am disappointed."

Egal, wie gut du Schach spielst, die Taube wird alle Figuren umwerfen, auf das Brett kacken und herumstolzieren, als hätte sie gewonnen.

Arkadius Trade Tools
    Modular framework, now open for authors who want to add own tabs.

My Donation (Arkadius' Trade Tools Addon)
    First external ATT tab contribution.

Port to Friend's House Addon
    Check out the new Port to Friend's House library and port to contributers houses:
    Deutsch | English

Options