The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

PTS Feedback Thread for Jester's Festival

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This week beginning today, you can test the upcoming Jester's Festival on the PTS! Once a year, troupes of jesters and fools gather and encourage the people of Tamriel to toss aside their notions of status, honor and class in a celebration of absurdity. Performers roam the streets mocking the rich and famous, towns celebrate with a variety of traditional festive pranks, and guests are encouraged to participate in silly games to win joke prizes.

Outside the cities of Ebonheart, Vulkhel Guard and Daggerfall, pavilions have been set up to host the festival. Jesters dressed as the three alliance rulers will appear at each location, and offer challenges of foolishness to festival goers.

Please provide your feedback on this event in this thread. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
  • What did you think of the rewards you received from the daily quests? What was your favorite?
  • Were you able to easily locate the quest givers?
  • Did you have any trouble obtaining any of the achievements?
  • Any other feedback on this event?

Also, let us know if you plan to stream this event so we can watch!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jester's Day is in late Rain's Hand (April), by the Arena calendar. When is this Festival?
    Edited by Elsonso on January 10, 2017 4:11PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jester's Day is in late Rain's Hand (April), by the Arena calendar. When is this Festival?

I would assume around April Fool's.

@ZOS_GinaBruno A bit of a tangential question, since the timing is similar: With this festival going, will there still be the anniversary cake event this year? I have a relatively new alt account that desperately needs the cake memento...
    Edited by code65536 on January 10, 2017 4:36PM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • GlassHalfFull
    GlassHalfFull
    ✭✭✭✭
    What did you think of the rewards you received from the daily quests? What was your favorite?
    The purple furnishing was nice. I want to make sure the loot table is large enough that I don't get too many mutlples of the same items.

Were you able to easily locate the quest givers?
    Yes, however the interaction radius of the grumpy persons is so small, I foresee this being an issue once multiple players are on the same quest. This seems to have caused crashes with the New Life festival.

Did you have any trouble obtaining any of the achievements?
    I have not obtained the achievment yet. I did get the sparkly flashes item, which has such a short duration, one can sneeze and miss it completely. The duration should be doubled.

Any other feedback on this event?
    To get to the first quest giver I needed to travel to Vulkhel Guard. It would be nice to have the initial wayshrine be a lesser used one, instead of the main zone and main housing wayshrine, to spread out the population load and avoid the crashes with the New Life festival
    Curiosity is the cure for boredom, there is no cure for curiosity.
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »

@ZOS_GinaBruno A bit of a tangential question, since the timing is similar: With this festival going, will there still be the anniversary cake event this year? I have a relatively new alt account that desperately needs the cake memento...

Could also be Carnival in February (Sun's Dawn)?

Jesters... my kind of ppl :p Will def install the PTS for this
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ugh cannot get a break with the overwhelming flood of crap on my toons inventory. i can barely play the game anymore what with all the crap sitting in bank, personal guild bank, plus 8 toons 200 space inventory. how about make all items have equal chance to drop for event regardless of quality, or item type. meaning same chance to get that gold costume item as a green recipe item. that would make things a lot easier for inv space.

p.s. i think the costume items (like pumpkin mask, mudball bag, ect) should be unique to year. that is one of the issues that games face these days with events, they repeat the same events each year, with the same drops and it waters down the events.
    Edited by AzuraKin on January 10, 2017 5:36PM
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 battlemage (sorcerer)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 warrior (DragonKnight)
    v160 assassin (nightblade)
    v160 swordsman (sorcerer)
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only went to find the quest givers for now but first impressions:

The icon for the place where they place their tents is welcome, but it is slightly too big and square. If it was a bit smaller it would fit in the map a little better. Not sure if it will remain there for the future but it would be best if not.

-The bight clothes that the merrymakers wear around the tent look like they don't fit the models very well. Some of the argonian shoulders look too big for them and the clothes almost look like they were painted on them. The Jester Emeric Argonian seems to have something wrong with his teeth as if he is wearing an Argonian Face mask and human teeth showing through it.

I was able to locate the steaming pie for the 100% xp easily enough and after i ate it i realised what its purpose was.
    Good idea on having 3 locations for the questgivers and not 1 like Breda.
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »

This is why I was asking. I was more expecting a February event than an April event, but the event they picked is closer to the April event.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh god almighty...... not more mud balls please :'( or at least disable the stupid things around dye stations!!!!!!!!
  • Chevie
    Chevie
    ✭✭✭
    For Jester Emeric's quest... the part in town using the dazzlers in the group of ppl..... well I had no "E" prompt, nor could I use the item from my inventory (the item was there, under quest items, but it had no prompt to be used)... i submitted a feedback ticket. I logged out, hoping it would help, nope... then abandoned, and had to find the ingredients again.... couldn't be bothered again lol :)
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't logged on to check it out, but want to say...

Thank you for splitting it into 3 places (won't be as bad as Breda), and thank you for choosing somewhere easily accessible by new players, AND not the same as undaunted enclaves (already busy).
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I guess that means there won't be a Heart's Day Festival then :heartbreak:
    Argonian forever
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »

This is why I was asking. I was more expecting a February event than an April event, but the event they picked is closer to the April event.

Makes me wonder: is this a brand new festival in February that has been lore-approved (with Jester's Day still being April 28) or is this Jester's Day retconned into a festival similar to Carnival?
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • StopDropAndBear
    StopDropAndBear
    ✭✭✭✭
    • What did you think of the rewards you received from the daily quests? What was your favorite?
      For my first three boxes, I got two of the same piece of furniture (the banner) and a recipe, so nothing to phone home about yet. I do like the Burger King crown you get for doing all 3 quests though. As for the quests themselves: I liked them well enough, but the Glenumbra quests were a little...jarring with how much ground you have to cover when compared to the other two. Having to visit 3 delves, 2 of which are pretty out of the way, and then run around Daggerfall took about the same amount of time (if not more) than the other two quests combined. And it doesn't help that Glenumbra is probably the worst laid out zone in all of Tamriel (but that's a horse of a different color ;)). The fireworks part itself was neat though, wonder how those effects are gonna look with tons of people doing them!
      I agree with GlassHalfFull on the hitbox for the Grumps during the Auridon quests being weird. You have to get right up on them and aim for somewhere near their head and over their shoulders. Feels wonky. Also, I'm not really sure what I was doing to them? A sound effect played and they went from looking at their feet to putting their hands on their hips. It's not clear what exactly I'm doing to cheer them up...not sure if there's an effect in there that's missing?
      The pig quest seemed to work fine, I did notice you can interact with Princess once you've finished and she'll follow you around again, not sure if that's intentional. Doesn't seem to do any harm.
      Yeah, no issues here. Kind of hard to miss them, really.
      Not as of yet, managed to get 3 of them on my first run through of the quests (Lady of Misrule, Dazzling Entertainer and Princess Rescuer). I'm not actually sure I should have gotten Princess Rescuer though; I could have sworn I got spotted by the Butcher at the halfway mark. She yelled at me and I got a bounty so I was sure I'd been spotted, but I still got the achievement at the end? I'll have to try on another character and see.
      The guy doing Jester Jorunn is a hoot.
  • Deltia
    Deltia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My feedback would be a way to see the items awarded ahead of time so players can decide on their time investment. Its much simpler than last one, but a lot clearer in terms of quests.
    In-game @deltiasgaming | deltiasgaming.com for Elder Scrolls Online [ESO / TESO] Guides
    "It's a good day to be alive"
  • pragreal
    pragreal
    ✭✭
    Chevie wrote: »
    For Jester Emeric's quest... the part in town using the dazzlers in the group of ppl..... well I had no "E" prompt, nor could I use the item from my inventory (the item was there, under quest items, but it had no prompt to be used)... i submitted a feedback ticket. I logged out, hoping it would help, nope... then abandoned, and had to find the ingredients again.... couldn't be bothered again lol :)

Same issue here. Not sure how to complete this portion of the quest. Can't interact with the items in the quest tab. Can't quickslot them. Can't use them in the world (tried "E" and targeting the festival npc's at the 3 sites to no avail). Logged out to desktop, removed all add-n's and tried again but no change. To anyone who's completed this quest how are they used please so I can see if I missed something or if the quest is just bugged for me.

Thanks,
    Pragreal
    Edited by pragreal on January 10, 2017 8:48PM
  • Jekerl
    Jekerl
    mod
    We've identified an issue with the use of dazzlers around Daggerfall and have resolved it internally and will push the fix as soon as possible. Basically, a player who has active werewolf points cannot use the Dazzlers, even if they are no longer in werewolf form.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks for the reports!
    Jeremy Sera
    Lead Content Designer
    Staff Post
  • pragreal
    pragreal
    ✭✭
    Jekerl wrote: »
    We've identified an issue with the use of dazzlers around Daggerfall and have resolved it internally and will push the fix as soon as possible. Basically, a player who has active werewolf points cannot use the Dazzlers, even if they are no longer in werewolf form.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks for the reports!

I'm having the issue even though I don't quite fit your criteria. I've been infected before on the char that has issues with this quest but always got cured immediately and never used the werewolf line at all. I have no active werewolf points (the skill line is not even listed in my Skills window).

Thanks for the prompt response and hopefully the patch will fix the issue for me even though I do not quite fit your criteria.

Pragreal

• StopDropAndBear
    StopDropAndBear
    ✭✭✭✭
      I'm not actually sure I should have gotten Princess Rescuer though; I could have sworn I got spotted by the Butcher at the halfway mark. She yelled at me and I got a bounty so I was sure I'd been spotted, but I still got the achievement at the end? I'll have to try on another character and see.

tried on another character, let the Butcher spot me when she came out of the house at the midway mark, danced around her, smacked her in the face a few times, even let a guard accost me and paid off my bounty. Still got the achievement for "not being spotted by the Butcher".

also, all the NPCs except for Jester Jorunn at the Ebonheart tent have vanished?
    Edited by StopDropAndBear on January 10, 2017 9:30PM
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dominoid wrote: »

@Dominoid, thank you for uploading this video. Would you please tell me which addon you are using that adds the icons and numbers to the dialog options? I have never seen that before, but I like it.
  • StopDropAndBear
    StopDropAndBear
    ✭✭✭✭
    [*] Did you have any trouble obtaining any of the achievements?

Smile, in the Name of the Queen (festoon 20 players with cherry blossoms) does not seem to be working properly. I used both the consumable and permanent runebox version of the Cherry Blossom memento on multiple different people and it got stuck on 1/20, but about 10 minutes later, it's like it caught up all at once and jumped right to 20/20, granting me the achievement (had to reload the ui to get it to actually register in my journal though). Also, the effect is missing from this item; a sound plays but that's it, no cherry blossoms to be found.
    edit: possibly relevant UI error?

Bug: Candied Jester's Coins and Jewels of Misrule (food) are not working: when you eat them you get the little butterfly effect (nice touch, heh) but the stats are not applying. Dubious Camoran Throne, the drink item, is working though. I've yet to try Princess' Delight, dunno about that one yet.
    Edited by StopDropAndBear on January 10, 2017 10:54PM
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dominoid wrote: »

@Dominoid, thank you for uploading this video. Would you please tell me which addon you are using that adds the icons and numbers to the dialog options? I have never seen that before, but I like it.

Dominoid's Immersive Things

or

UX Dialogue

• SilentRaven1972
    SilentRaven1972
    ✭✭✭✭

What did you think of the rewards you received from the daily quests? What was your favorite?

Only did a single run-through for now, but rewards seem alright, but they feel a bit lackluster after New Life. Don't really have a favorite, but very much dislike the Stonefalls quest.

Yes.

Got the one in Stonefalls without even trying to hide. Not even sure if my main will complete this when it goes live.

Really not crazy about an event that has a stealth mission and is going to cost me gold. For only covering 3 areas, it takes a lot of time and effort. The New Life event felt like it had better rewards, was quick, and it was fun to do on multiple characters. This one, not so much.

"Such is the nature of evil. Out there in the vast ignorance of the world, it festers and spreads. A shadow that grows in the dark. A sleepless malice as black as the oncoming wall of night. So it ever was, so will it always be. In time all foul things come forth." -Thranduil
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They were alright. I kind of liked the banner.

Yes

I haven't completed them all yet, so I cannot say.

I already despise the covenant portion of the quest. While the other two alliances had relatively fun and unique quests, especially the pact, I find that the covenant grind-fest will be nothing but a laggy mess. There will be 40 people in a dungeon for the first few days, all camping the crystals, mobs, and whatnot. It will be a true pain to complete, especially because you must go to three separate dungeons. If it was only one, I might have been able to tolerate it, but three is too far.
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
  • Seriva
    Seriva
    Soul Shriven
    Haven't really gotten any. The runebox I did get, the Cherry Blossom Branch memento, doesn't do anything but make a sound. There's an animation of tossing flowers out, but nothing happens. The same thing happens with Jester Queen Ayrenn's quest. The consumable dazzlers are neat, but we either need to get more of them per reward box, or there needs to be a vendor selling them like the mints and beer for New Life.
    At first I had some confusion about where they all were, as I wanted Jester Queen Ayrenn first, but it showed Jester King Jorunn's location. Would be best if the quest stated that they're located in the starter zones near the first towns. The box with star icon is a great unique identifier for the event, however.
    On the contrary, I had too easy a time getting Princess Rescuer. I had no idea what I was doing, and certainly got spotted by the butcher multiple times, and I still got the achievement.
    Jester King Emeric's first quest doesn't seem very April Fools-y. I don't quite see how those reagents get turned into fireworks, as none of them inherently explode. Maybe add some lore that explains it? Otherwise it's a boring 3-part dungeon delve for random unrelated parts. Also, there's no festival vendor with other goodies like New Life had. I loved that vendor and the unique, fun, things for sale they had. This event definitely needs one of those.
    Edited by Seriva on January 11, 2017 1:08AM
  • Truthsnark
    Truthsnark
    ✭✭✭✭
      I like the silly crown and I got the banner furnishing, which is nice. I like getting furnishing items from quests.
      I was not sure where to go once obtaining the letter, but guessed that like other things, it would start in the starting zones; then I saw the map icon so I knew where to go. So sort of, but not quite.
      The Princess achievement seems to be easy to get...I wasn't aware that I had to stealth to get the pig out of there so I just kind of...walked away from the butcher to Jorunn. And I'm pretty sure she saw me a bunch of times since I incurred a bounty, but still got the achievement.
      The Emeric quest is blah and not fun. I was hoping for something other than "go to dungeon, kill x, get y, bring it to me" for this, since it's the Jester's Festival. And the locations are sooo far apart. The Jorunn and Ayrenn quests are fun. If I could just do those two, I would skip the Emeric one altogether.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @code65536 Any datamining on the rewards? :wink:
    Edited by susmitds on January 11, 2017 10:25AM
  • EnviousStruggle
    EnviousStruggle
    ✭✭✭
    @code65536 same here
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pictures of rewards, motifs, costumes etc?
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No motifs. Just four recipes and a collectible (not 100% sure what the collectible is, but I assume it's a memento).
    JBFbJy5.pngRAXLzEg.png3YBuXBq.pngo4PP5fh.pngzmc1nJD.png

For addon authors, the recipe IDs are:
    120767, 120768, 120769, 120770
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch