Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Feedback Thread for Jester's Festival

• BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [*] Did you have any trouble obtaining any of the achievements?

Smile, in the Name of the Queen (festoon 20 players with cherry blossoms) does not seem to be working properly. I used both the consumable and permanent runebox version of the Cherry Blossom memento on multiple different people and it got stuck on 1/20, but about 10 minutes later, it's like it caught up all at once and jumped right to 20/20, granting me the achievement (had to reload the ui to get it to actually register in my journal though). Also, the effect is missing from this item; a sound plays but that's it, no cherry blossoms to be found.
    edit: possibly relevant UI error?

Bug: Candied Jester's Coins and Jewels of Misrule (food) are not working: when you eat them you get the little butterfly effect (nice touch, heh) but the stats are not applying. Dubious Camoran Throne, the drink item, is working though. I've yet to try Princess' Delight, dunno about that one yet.

I received the same error with Smile, in the Name of the Queen using the consumable. I would immediately get the UI error and then the counter would not increment after that. I relogged and tried again. Tried again on another PC and same results: increment and UI error. I also did not see any action aside from the waving of the arm.
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • The_Last_Titan
    The_Last_Titan
    ✭✭✭
    @The_Last_Titan Remember Motif and recipe pages are supposed to stack in the next update. So that should help some.
    Oh if that's the case great

• Totes-Bode
    Totes-Bode
    ✭✭✭
    Bug: I am still unable to use the Dazzlers in Glenumbra. Simply, nothing happens when I enter the area for the activation. I also can't use the item from the inventory.

My character is AD and a Vampire.
    Edited by Totes-Bode on January 15, 2017 5:23AM
  • Aquanova
    Aquanova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't remember the name, but what ever that purple parlor furniture item is drops way too much.

Nerf that drop rate please :p
    NA/PC
  • NovaShadow
    NovaShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are there really only 3 quests?

Was fun, I suppose. Favourite part is the dazzlers, I love fireworks and they were pretty.

The crown I love, just wish it didn't default my hair. There's a reason I use crown store hair.

PC NA - EPHS
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What did you think of the rewards you received from the daily quests? What was your favorite?

i like the hat

Were you able to easily locate the quest givers?

yes. very easy to navigate

Did you have any trouble obtaining any of the achievements?

no

Any other feedback on this event?

whoever scripted the speech for jorunn should get a pay rise... that was very funny
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What did you think of the rewards you received from the daily quests? What was your favorite?

I like the crown, the banner rewards were ok, the rose petals etc could be fun to throw around.

Were you able to easily locate the quest givers?

Yes, they were nice and easy to find.

Did you have any trouble obtaining any of the achievements?

No, I have only done a little but the achievements came through for things.

Any other feedback on this event?

I did most of the quests with a smile on my face. The dialogue is really funny and well written, and the daily quests seem fun. Stealing the pig was probably my favourite.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Hearts_Wake
    Hearts_Wake
    ✭✭✭
    AzuraKin wrote: »
    p.s. i think the costume items (like pumpkin mask, mudball bag, ect) should be unique to year. that is one of the issues that games face these days with events, they repeat the same events each year, with the same drops and it waters down the events.

True but still having a chance to get items potentially missed from the previous events is nice.
    QQ.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did the quests given by Jester Queen Ayrenn. It all worked perfectly. I was able to find the target NPCs to do the quests. I got the Cherry Blossom thingie from this quest. Not sure what it does.
    Edited by SydneyGrey on January 17, 2017 1:46AM
  • Totes-Bode
    Totes-Bode
    ✭✭✭
    Since the content of the PTS was wiped and all we can make now is template characters that have no wayshrines, testing the Jester's Festival is too much of a pain, sorry! I might take another look at it later, but tonight I actually died trying to cross the entire Glenumbra map on the Template's speed 25 horse to reach the delve where you find the Dazzler ingredients. I don't like that we have to rediscover these wayshrines on a Template character.
    Edited by Totes-Bode on January 17, 2017 6:18AM
  • TERAB1T
    TERAB1T
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Totes-Bode wrote: »
    Template's speed 25 horse
    Buy some Crown Riding Lessons.
  • mainarhont
    mainarhont
    ✭✭
    Event ended, and from the Crown Store not fully retired
  • Totes-Bode
    Totes-Bode
    ✭✭✭
    TERAB1T wrote: »

Aw, thanks for the suggestion, but I used the crowns for furnishing a house. The template character came with 25 of each lesson, but that's not enough stamina to avoid being knocked off a horse in 1 hit, stunned until killed. Thanks for the suggestion! I still believe it is too much of a bother to traverse the map in this way for this purpose.
    Edited by Totes-Bode on January 17, 2017 4:53PM
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TERAB1T wrote: »

No thanks, using the crowns for furnishing a house. The template character came with 25 of each lesson, but that's not enough stamina to avoid being knocked off a horse in 1 hit, stunned until killed. Thanks for the suggestion!

On the PTS the crowns refresh daily and I cannot check currently but I suspect the riding lessons on the PTS are probably just 1 crown. Most stuff is priced at 1 crown on PTS.
    Edited by JasonSilverSpring on January 17, 2017 4:52PM
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Any chance we can make the Dubious Camoran Throne a drink? It would be nice to make Bone Pirate a viable set in this game. Because at it stands now, it's just not worth the grind to acquire it.
  • Franieck
    Franieck
    ✭✭✭✭
    are there any rewards masks?
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh lord...another "festival" that has mundane mini-quest grinding for lackluster rewards? Barf. As if the New Life thing wasn't the worst event in ESO history.

Lesser known Tamriel holidays:

The Grand Phoning It In Festival
    What's a phone? Who knows! This is a day when we all put in absolutely zero effort to everything we're doing.

The Feat of Mincemeat
    It's that time of year when we recognize that there's no much grinding that all of the content has been utterly ground into a fine pulp. Why not add another motif to a dungeon you've asked players to run thirty thousand times? Grind it again...that's how mincemeat is made!

Tuesday
    How is Tuesday a holiday? It's not...the designers just got so lazy that we're calling a regular old tuesday an in-game "spectacular event." Will there be tacos? No, sorry...we didn't get around to designing tacos.
  • jediprime74
    jediprime74
    ✭✭✭
    Are there any costumes available as a reward, other than the crown?
    Guildmaster of Fool's Errand, PvX/social, beginner to endgame Guild.

Guildmaster of Fools for the Pact an Ebonheart Pact PvP Guild.

• Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do we know roughly when this event is?
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »
    Oh lord...another "festival" that has mundane mini-quest grinding for lackluster rewards? Barf. As if the New Life thing wasn't the worst event in ESO history.

Lesser known Tamriel holidays:

The Grand Phoning It In Festival
    What's a phone? Who knows! This is a day when we all put in absolutely zero effort to everything we're doing.

The Feat of Mincemeat
    It's that time of year when we recognize that there's no much grinding that all of the content has been utterly ground into a fine pulp. Why not add another motif to a dungeon you've asked players to run thirty thousand times? Grind it again...that's how mincemeat is made!

Tuesday
    How is Tuesday a holiday? It's not...the designers just got so lazy that we're calling a regular old tuesday an in-game "spectacular event." Will there be tacos? No, sorry...we didn't get around to designing tacos.

The New Life Festival was amazing for me because I obtained many, many Fish-Eye Rye Recipes and sold em for 40-45k a pop ;)
    Edited by MythicEmperor on January 23, 2017 5:33AM
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not on PTS so I can't check it myself, but please tell me that the pie momento is gonna be a "CREAM" pie, so as to be in the spirit of this festival...and that of stooge shorts of course...