The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Feedback Thread for Cyrodiil & Imperial City Itemization Improvements

• TreeHugger1
    TreeHugger1
    ✭✭✭
    I spent 1.5 million ap on Rivernspire zone bag and didn't get even a single piece of necropotence set with impenetrable.
  • Birdovic
    Birdovic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I spent 1.5 million ap on Rivernspire zone bag and didn't get even a single piece of necropotence set with impenetrable.

Let's hope we don't get another "no impen trait available" Desaster
  • Stapes
    Stapes
    ✭✭
    I went and tested the Regional zone Bag vendors in Cyrodiil to see what we have coming and here are my results:

I went in to try and get the Bloodthorn set from the Glenumbra bags. I opened approximately 150 bags and spent around 750k AP. Out of all the gear I got, and keeping in mind I wanted small pieces in impenetrable (large in infused/impenetrable would pass) Sharpened swords or destroy staves, or a defending resto staff, and purple arcane Jewellery.

RNG gave me:
    3 x blue rings
    2 x blue necklaces
    1 x blue impenetrable hat and sash
    1 x blue infused breeches
    1 x blue defending resto staff

I also got some purple items:
    1 x Training robe
    1 x Well fitted gloves
    1 x infused shoulders
    1 x training breeches

I did get a lot of pieces for Bloodthorn, around 30% of my drops, however they were all traits not suited to a magicka build and the other set pieces.

My thoughts on these vendors:

While a great idea to help players that only want to PvP to get the sets outside the world, I feel like this can be executed much better. The AP cost is probably about right although i'm sure players would be happy for the cost to be more if the item guarantee was better. I for one save my AP for the undaunted Vendor that shows up every weekend and have only accumulated about 900k AP over the last month or so because I don't get to play that much and after this test, if it stays the same, I wont waste my time. Getting any jewellery in CP160 is a waste as is the training and prosperous traits. if I want those traits, i'll craft a grinding set as they have no use anywhere else in the game.

Suggestions:

1) Reduce the traits to only have Impenetrable, Divines or Infused. Change Jewellery to only drop in purple quality in the same boxes as the 'rare' drops

2) Remove Training and Prosperous from the drop pool. Separate Jewellery into a different vendor and change to purple quality. Also increase AP cost to 20-50k AP as this is a more guaranteed drop for the set and quality you want. Given the RNG element, somewhere in this price range is still acceptable and unwanted jewellery can still be sold in trade guilds.

Imperial City sets and vendors
    Gold Set jewellery
    While I think the 100k tel var stones is about right for the pricing, I think keeping the traits to the armour types is the way to go. eg, heavy = healthy, medium = robust, light = arcane. Imperial Physique is and should be the only exception due to it being available in all armour types and only of use in imperial city.

My drop rates on the black rose jewellery set wasn't bad, rings 2 to 1 over neck pieces is about right but I did get 6 rings (600k tel var) before I got a necklace. I would much prefer the RNG to be taken out of this when so much currency is involved. 100k tel var stones should allow me to buy the piece I want.

If Heavy armour users have more access to sustain through gold jewellery then the state of PvP will degenerate further. Sets like black rose and Reactive are part of the reason Heavy armour is the current meta and also why we require so much burst damage to be effective in PvP. Heavy armour users in general should not be able to sustain as well as or deal the damage equivalent to light or medium armour users. If these jewellery sets are included in arcane and robust then that will make those sets unbelievably hard to kill and will force nearly all players to wear at least 5 heavy.

One thing someone else posted in this thread was a request to see willpower/agility gold jewellery. I think this is a great idea and should be incorporated instead of the IC set jewellery. Myself personally, I would like to see the imperial city dungeon sets become a little more accessible. Sets like spell power cure and scathing mage available for AP or Tel Var stones given that they are the only sets in the game locked to DLC content, I would like to see them available in cyrodiil at vendors preferably at least in the same format as the regional vendor changes suggested above (Its so hard to get anyone to run ICP or WGT!)
    Nocturnal
    Australian ESO member since Beta
    Aldmeri Dominion
    890+ CP
    Jade Skyblade 50* Magicka Templar
    Jedrzej 50* Magicka Dragonknight
    Stâpês 50* Stamina Nightblade
    Skyblàde 50* Magicka Nightblade
    Akâiden 23* Stamina Templar
    Stapés 38* Stamina Warden
    Siluca 50* Magicka Sorcerer
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of the jewelry will have a 50/50 chance choosing between Healthy and either Robust or Arcane. In a few cases, they RNG to get any of the three traits for sets that span the gap between Stam builds & Mag builds. We are looking at feedback during PTS for this patch to determine if we need to expand some sets to include all three traits for their jewelry.

black rose seemed to drop exclusively in health for me. 20/20 ssample size, didn't really want to do more - with the template chars' sparse inventory space, 20 was annoying enough
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • Elyu
    Elyu
    ✭✭✭
    silky_soft wrote: »

How about 3 vendors.
    1 for each alliance.
    Each zone has a tab or each day cycles a zone.
    1h same box, 2h mag/physical separate boxes, accessories same box inc shields, large piece, small pieces.
    No junk traits. Infused, divines, impen, wellfitted, reinforce for shields. Sharp, defending, decisive and nirn.

Or just delete them.

Agree with this.
    Either break down sets so people who want, say a sash of a set in a certain trait can buy 'small pieces' box until they get what they want (and only getting useful traits in the process, not training/prosperous decon rubbish) and instead of getting 50 armour parts that are NOT a sash
    Stapes wrote: »

One thing someone else posted in this thread was a request to see willpower/agility gold jewellery. I think this is a great idea and should be incorporated instead of the IC set jewellery. Myself personally, I would like to see the imperial city dungeon sets become a little more accessible. Sets like spell power cure and scathing mage available for AP or Tel Var stones given that they are the only sets in the game locked to DLC content, I would like to see them available in cyrodiil at vendors preferably at least in the same format as the regional vendor changes suggested above (Its so hard to get anyone to run ICP or WGT!)

Also very much agree with this write up, with this paragraph esp.
    Edited by Elyu on January 8, 2017 11:35PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Stapes ...great write up - thanks...

really good point:
    Stapes wrote: »
    Sets like spell power cure and scathing mage available for AP or Tel Var stones given that they are the only sets in the game locked to DLC content)

Edited by geonsocal on January 8, 2017 11:26PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I haven't tried the zone bags myself on pts, but I have a friend who has now spent 7 million of the 10 million AP we are given on our templates on the Eastmarch zone bags, and still has not received a restoration staff in his desired trait, but has had several in training. 7 MILLION AP :lol:

No way will I be gambling with these myself on live after that!! He is still stood there right now at this very moment, opening the bags :lol: For the amount of time it would take to get that amount of AP, I would rather just go and farm world bosses and dolmens thank you very much! The RNG actually seems to be kinder in doing that, and that is saying something...
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too much RNG indeed.

We need something to easy this.

Here are some hints:
    1. Make weapon traits changeable.
    2. Make weapon type changable.
    3. Make armor trait changeable.

Then the current RNG will be about right.
  • JHartEllis
    JHartEllis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enchanters are now available

The War Enchanter is hopefully a useful addition, but current pricing is EXPLOITABLE and needs major fixes. As is, you can buy the cheapest runes and vend back to ensure a 1:1 gold-to-AP ratio, which I can't imagine is an intended consequence. Compared to the regular Enchanter merchant (and considering merchants like Golden value gold more than AP), prices are off by as much as a factor of 100.

There's not anything wrong with making the potency runestones more accessible, but it should be more consistent even if that means going and redoing the Enchanter prices as well. This may be a good time to simplify the Enchanter prices, which were set based on then-current market prices and are quite outdated anyway. I've attached a spreadsheet detailing a simplified pricing scheme with Enchanter gold prices between 10-1000g and War Enchanter AP prices based on applying a flat ratio to the Enchanter prices, though I think 5:1 is about right, meaning AP prices between 50-5000 AP. This would lower the gold price of all runestones, but primarily for lower levels and then significantly for Itade/Repora.

I believe this makes the system simpler, more intuitive, more consistent, and more in-line with the market while also making the runestones more accessible (as seems intended). The pricing can also tell some information about the levels of the sub-CP runestones.
    Edited by JHartEllis on January 9, 2017 10:26PM
    Guild leader of Spicy Economics and Spicy Life on PC/NA
    ESO Stream Team Partner on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/jhartellis
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/JHartEllis
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/JHartEllis
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My friend eventually spent the entire allocated 10 million AP without getting his staff, then another friend tried for him and got it after buying 200 bags... So one of them was apparently lucky :lol: but I still won't be risking spending my AP on these bags unless the odds of getting something you want AND in a desirable trait are increased.

• nick_dean14
    nick_dean14
    ✭✭✭
    A few questions from a PS4 player as I can't check this for myself! Am I right in thinking it will only be possible to directly purchase pieces of sets like Powerful Assault/Reactive/Black Rose if you want them in Impen? And that all of the other traits will still have to be purchased through RNG boxes?

I also get the impression from the patch notes that the odds of getting the specific item I am looking for (Divines bracers of Powerful Assault) is going to fall through the floor after this update, as the bags will soon include a load more of the pointless traits, and also hold weapons and jewellery instead of just armour. Is that right?

How much do the new boxes cost now on PTS? I'm paying out 4k tel var per bag at the moment, for what feels like a reasonably decent drop rate (compared to everything else in this game!). Is the reduced cost going to make up for the MASSIVE new loot table I think i'm going to have to wade through? Or shall I farm my ass off for the next month and pray to the RNG gods that I get my drop before it becomes loads harder?

Could somebody also let me know how much the gold jewellery Powerful Assault boxes cost? It would mean re-working other pieces of my setup, but it may prove easier to to farm Alkosh divines bracers if there are 11 other people to help, even if it means having to put up with wearing 1 non-matching piece of armour!

Sorry for having to ask tonnes of questions, thanks in advance to anyone that can help :)
    Guildmaster of Tamriel Trials Team. A PvE focused dungeons and trials guild on the PS4 EU server.
    Check out our thread if you're interested in joining!
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You NEED to get rid of prosperous and training on these gears. NO ONE that PvPs or does PvE end game wants prosperous. Training should not be a thing on CP 160 gear ANYWHERE in the game.

Prosperous and training gear can be crafted and should not be part of dropped sets at all IMO.
    Edited by Katahdin on January 10, 2017 3:06PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A few questions from a PS4 player as I can't check this for myself! Am I right in thinking it will only be possible to directly purchase pieces of sets like Powerful Assault/Reactive/Black Rose if you want them in Impen? And that all of the other traits will still have to be purchased through RNG boxes?

I also get the impression from the patch notes that the odds of getting the specific item I am looking for (Divines bracers of Powerful Assault) is going to fall through the floor after this update, as the bags will soon include a load more of the pointless traits, and also hold weapons and jewellery instead of just armour. Is that right?

How much do the new boxes cost now on PTS? I'm paying out 4k tel var per bag at the moment, for what feels like a reasonably decent drop rate (compared to everything else in this game!). Is the reduced cost going to make up for the MASSIVE new loot table I think i'm going to have to wade through? Or shall I farm my ass off for the next month and pray to the RNG gods that I get my drop before it becomes loads harder?

Could somebody also let me know how much the gold jewellery Powerful Assault boxes cost? It would mean re-working other pieces of my setup, but it may prove easier to to farm Alkosh divines bracers if there are 11 other people to help, even if it means having to put up with wearing 1 non-matching piece of armour!

Sorry for having to ask tonnes of questions, thanks in advance to anyone that can help :)

Yes, the boxes contain all weapons, jewellery and armour, and tend to favour traits like prosperous, training, reinforced and well-fitted the most it seems... I spent ALLOT of tel-var to get a set in the correct traits last night. The prices don't seem to have changed from live for the RNG boxes. The new gold jewellery vendor is pretty cool, because you kind of know what you are getting, but they cost 100k tel var each on the pts, and for some of the sets I was getting 2 rings and a necklace in the first 3 boxes, but for others it took a fair few boxes before I saw a necklace...
    Edited by Elara_Northwind on January 11, 2017 9:08AM

• Jakeol
    Jakeol
    ✭✭✭
    I feel like there is a little too much RNG for the equipment boxes of various sets that are available via telvar. Perhaps they can be split into a weapon box and an armor box (that also includes jewelry) for each set?

It'd be cool if prosperous and training were removed from the loot tables on armor from the boxes, I know that's asking a lot and might take away from the RNG diabloish grindy goodness gameplay.

Love the idea of getting jewelry finally for a lot of these IC sets. Would love to see some boxes for WGT and ICP implemented, even if they have to be priced higher. Gold willpower, agility, and endurance btw? :smiley:
    Jaqqe'nova - EP v14 Nord NB
  • Birdovic
    Birdovic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jakeol wrote: »
    I feel like there is a little too much RNG for the equipment boxes of various sets that are available via telvar. Perhaps they can be split into a weapon box and an armor box (that also includes jewelry) for each set?

It'd be cool if prosperous and training were removed from the loot tables on armor from the boxes, I know that's asking a lot and might take away from the RNG diabloish grindy goodness gameplay.

Love the idea of getting jewelry finally for a lot of these IC sets. Would love to see some boxes for WGT and ICP implemented, even if they have to be priced higher. Gold willpower, agility, and endurance btw? :smiley:

You are not asking for a lot.
    Prosperous and Training virtually increase the time you have to spend in IC, making up for the lack of content. That's why they keep it there.
  • mariusz2304
    mariusz2304
    Soul Shriven
    Question guys. Do Tel Var Jewelry Lockboxes scale to the lvl of buyer or are they locked to v160? Can I purchase them on lvl 40 for instance?
    CHARS:
    Raroog EP magicka DK
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the reduction in price!
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
  • Speed_Kills
    Speed_Kills
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler Will the imperial physique (impenetrable) body pieces sold from the vendor be sold in all 3 weights?
    Some say speed kills, I hope to be proof of that.

Main- Speed Kills Nord Stamina Sorcerer
    +11 alts (every class, mag+stam)
  • kookster
    kookster
    ✭✭✭✭
    We need less RNG. I think it would be fine to have RNG if thats like the dirt cheap way of getting a set, but also have a way where you can buy specific items. For example I was trying to get the Desert Rose set out of cyridiil, to get the whole set I had to spend something like 50 million AP. Of all the items I got only 2 were a shield. And both shields had horrible traits.
    Potato Pact - PC NA
  • Lavum
    Lavum
    ✭✭✭
    I am wondering why PvE items are being offered in PvP. I understood the Gold Vendor. it was a gold sink, sure PvE got screwed, but ok. Between last update and this one it really seems all of the gold earning potential has been removed from the PvE side and given to the PvP side. PvP could earn gold hand over fist before, now it just seems like things are getting stacked all to one side. So-

Remove all PvE items from the vendors in Cyrodiil, leave them in the Zones.
    Created a AP/gold sink for items in Cryrodiil
    Balance the gold/AP earning potential between PvP & PvE. Please stop stacking it one way or another.
    Edited by Lavum on January 18, 2017 2:22AM
    Don't say -"Cash Grab" when it is a "Cash Grab" by ZoS. Apparently "Cash Grab" is not PC.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The RNG on these things are abysmal for anything but jewelry. I am on course to completely exhaust my templates AP just to complete a build. I have 3,000,000 AP left before I'm out and several pieces left to get in the right trait. This would be ridiculous on live. Please make this easier. Make weapon pots, make armor pots with a lower chance at jewelry since jewelry has no trait difference. Get rid of garbage traits like prosperous and training.
    Edited by Armitas on January 18, 2017 5:06PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lavum wrote: »
    I am wondering why PvE items are being offered in PvP. I understood the Gold Vendor. it was a gold sink, sure PvE got screwed, but ok. Between last update and this one it really seems all of the gold earning potential has been removed from the PvE side and given to the PvP side. PvP could earn gold hand over fist before, now it just seems like things are getting stacked all to one side. So-

Remove all PvE items from the vendors in Cyrodiil, leave them in the Zones.
    Created a AP/gold sink for items in Cryrodiil
    Balance the gold/AP earning potential between PvP & PvE. Please stop stacking it one way or another.

I make WAY more gold in PvE than I do in PvP. Everything you do in PvE makes a little gold and some drops go for 10 and 100s of thousands of gold. In fact it's stacked more on PvE side than PvP. PvP has a few items that sell for higher gold amounts instead of lots of items in PvE that make less gold and plus the higher gold items.

There are way more millionaire Pve players than PvP players.

Leave the items in the PvP vendors as a means for people to get the items they need via AP or gold and let people have choice. PvE players also buy from the Cyro vendors, not just PvP players.
    Edited by Katahdin on January 18, 2017 5:48PM
  • Lavum
    Lavum
    ✭✭✭
    @Katahdin I would agree with you a few Updates ago.

However, now things have changed. There is no longer BoE items in PvE (Trials mainly) When there was it was a great moneymaker for PvE players. But seeing the consumable cost is night/day when comparing the 2, PvP then has the advantage. I mean honestly, there is a ton of items that can be bought for AP and sold for gold. I am not against either making gold, I am against the playing favorites. If you honestly want people to have a choice then why is no one suggesting making the Motif's and any of the sets found in IC/Cyrodiil available out in the PvE world. It's a double standard.
    Don't say -"Cash Grab" when it is a "Cash Grab" by ZoS. Apparently "Cash Grab" is not PC.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lavum

Most if not all the sets available in PvP are geared for PvP. There are better alternative dropped and crafted sets for pve for pretty much all of them.

Yes. BOP does restrict it somewhat but there are tons of highly desirable dropped sets from regular maps that make lots of gold. Spinner, red mountain, sword singer, mothers sorrow, plague doctor, and many othets too numerous to name. Spinner weapons can go for as much as 400K with the right stats. Armor sells for 10K+. Farming and selling motifs as well as mats is very lucrative.

The vendor sells gold jewlery that has an extremely rare chance at dropping from bosses. So rare that I've never heard of anyone getting one so there is no gold earning potential there anyway unless you're using AP. The vendor also sells helms and shoulders that would be BoP so again, no gold earning there.

I make 10 to 20 K a day in PvE without even trying. In PvP I have to play for a week to be able to buy a sellable item that might go for 100K IF the vendor randomly even has an item worth that much that week.. If I tried hard enough, 100K per day from PvE is ezpz or so I'm told. There are people in my trade guild that do that every day.

So no, I can not agree with removing the availability of those items that are so rare, only one in 10,000 people get lucky to find one once a year.

Seems your real issue is BoP, which I think we all can agree is a problem so let's fight that instead of making this yet another pve vs pvp fight.
    Edited by Katahdin on January 18, 2017 7:57PM
  • Bowser
    Bowser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that the traits have been standardized across sets, it would be nice if the Tel Var gold jewelry merchants sold the rings and necklaces directly instead of random reward bags. I'd feel a lot better spending 100k knowing exactly what I'm going to get.

Imperial Physique would be the exception to this, as it is available in all three traits.
    @King-Koopa
    World First DK Tank Execute on Rakkhat HM
    Play how you want - no meta allowed!
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno is there going to be any changes to the zone bags?
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
  • willlienellson
    willlienellson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "most" = one set?

No wonder ESO tooltips are so poorly written. Lol
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno hi, any updates on what's going on with these vendors?

We'd like more people to come to pvp. Having such a broad rng will not make this an extra incentive for casual to come support us hardcores in pvp. Please consider some of the ideas to make your changes great.
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since Cyro Light set was towned down from 25% to 15% mitigation while being light set and Black Rose was toned down along with fact that IC sets will get jewels and weapon parts, I think it fair to ask to town down Reactive Armor: from 35% mitigation to 20%. @ZOS_RichLambert
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dear Zenimax, we don't want tremendous RNG that fills up the game in each aspect. It's absolutely hopeless and pointless.
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions