The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Feedback Thread for Dragonknight Balance Improvements

• MrGorv
    MrGorv
    ✭✭✭
    Please, ZOS, regardless of what you're gonna do with Dragon Blood, make sure that Minor Vitality is available for both magicka and stamina. That's very important for PvE tanking.
    Gorven Savius | Stamina DK | Tamriel Hero | Covenant Lieutenant
    Gorvam Sathri | Magicka DK | Sun's Dusk Reaper
    Gorvand-al-Savia | Stamina Templar | Covenant Veteran
    Gorvean Saniar | Magicka Templar | Magnanimous
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    MrGorv wrote: »
    Please, ZOS, regardless of what you're gonna do with Dragon Blood, make sure that Minor Vitality is available for both magicka and stamina. That's very important for PvE tanking.

I would have to disagree with this, most of time the healers I play with when I tank are over healing and in the situations that they are not, an extra 8% would have not helped.
  • kookster
    kookster
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok so I did quite a bit of testing with dragon blood as a mDK, and honestly it was much better than I was expecting. It was very good actually. Almost OP. EXCEPT when fights first start. If the other player say bursts you down to near death and you still have full magika, its over. You can't heal yourself fast enough and it's over. Gotta say honestly it was really good except for that aspect. So it really is a great heal when you have almost no magika. Maybe just make this based off 33% of your max magika? not the missing part? Or even lower it to like 30 or 25% and remove the missing aspect.
    Potato Pact - PC NA
  • KaiDynasty
    KaiDynasty
    ✭✭✭
    Other feedbacks:
    -FEROCIOUS LEAP
    The buff is ok ofc, since it scale of magicka and spell damage and penetration, but I see that the damage shield is inconsistent, Like a thing that is useless.
    You should think to replace it with another effect like someone said, and i think about these:
    1: After leap, the ground where you walk on spread lava, dealing x damage overtime each sec of x sec (like a grothdar, if it is a change, it will be the substitute of flame of oblivion, IMO).
    2: DOT that is applied to targets hit
    3: Apply breach (major or minor)
    -CINDER STORM
    Skill useless, both pvp and pve, pve eruption is the way to go, pvp none use them because of lack of utility. The snare is near to useless, because off short radius this skill have, if you want to keep this skill, here some changes:
    1: Increased radius (same of templar's ritual), keep the snare, don't buff the damage (in this way it will be really usefull to make a ground where a dk can fight and SYNERGY WITH STANDARD THAT NONE USE
    2: Apply Major Evasion while stand in it and keep the buff for x secs after left the area of effect It will help dks to survive without have to spend stamina to use shuffle, this change it's a way to don't use a medium armor skill on a magicka class
    3: Make it as a Hurricane which doesn't increase the radius, snares near enemies (it is a change to don't do if applied on Flames of oblivion or ferocious leap
    -FLAMES OF OBLIVION
    1: If none of the previous change are applied about dot aoe, apply this buff to flames of oblivion
    -PASSIVES
    -Warmth, useless both pve and pvp, the effect are incosistent, proposed change:
    1: I repeat, keep in mind if it is possible to put on this passive a change to apply major defile, or apply alwas minor defile if the target is affected by a ARDENT FLAME DOT
    2: Chance to apply a scorch when a ARDENT FLAME DOT is applied on target, be cautious because it will affect also PVE wise
    -Elder Dragon, this skill is definitively non existent, the health recovery is very useless this passive really need a rework, proposed changes are focused to give sustain to DKs
    1: Change the health recovery with magicka recovery [not dependent if a draconic power skill is slotted , for 2 reasons: dks don't slot more that 1 skill in the main bar that is owned by this line, so the passive would be useless anyway if the bonus work only on off bar
    2: reduce the cost of skills by flat or % value while a draconic power skill is slotted (this will already force dks to put certain skills on certain bars, so keep in mind they will sacrifice something to gain this buff, make it work then as a buff, and not as a trade without benefits

-Scaled Armor, this is a good passive, but you didn't take in mind that DKs are melee, if this value could be slit half in physical resistance and half in spell resistance would help us, it will be welcome
    -Mountain blessing, what if this skill give both minor brutality and minor sorcery?
    These aren few of the changes that could be made, and some of them are more consistent and useful than Others (sustain and minor defile have the priority, IMO). Sorry for possible mistakes in English.
    Edited by KaiDynasty on January 23, 2017 10:25AM
  • BlackMadara
    BlackMadara
    ✭✭✭✭
    @KaiDynasty Good suggestions. I like the multiple proposed methods for buff placement.

Major defile, while a target is in execute range with an ardent dot applied, would give dots a strong position in pvp. It's not an excute, but it does make dots pressure low hp targets. I don't think this would affect PvE too much.

Standard should have its own reduced healing buff again and an increased radius. Maybe slightly smaller than destro ult.

I would like to state that ash cloud having the radius of temp ritual would be broken. It's a 70% snare. I think it should be the size of arrow barrage, or the size of ritual with a smaller snare. I'd prefer the same snare with size of arrow barrage.
  • kookster
    kookster
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would love to see standard have a morph that goes on your back instead like all the ads in trials and all the effects follow you like eye of the storm. Maybe reduce all the effects to minor instead. I would love that. Not only would that be awesome useful in pvp, that would look freaking badass. You could just replace the morph that makes it replaceable.
    Edited by kookster on January 23, 2017 3:57PM
    Potato Pact - PC NA
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Changes look good so far imo. I think DK class skills are a touch on the expensive side because of heavy armor and having to be "in the mix" so light armor isnt an option. Maybe add better secondary affects to justify the really high cost of everything or blanket reduction is needed badly. Dont nelieve me go fight a sorc 1v1 and hope he isnt running poisons.

Edited by Lokey0024 on January 23, 2017 3:57PM
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Coagulating Blood (Dragon Blood morph):
    This morph now heals for a flat value (scaling with Spell Damage and Max Magicka), with that heal being increased by up to 33% based on your missing health.

HYPE HYPE HYPE

Now if we can just make Flames of Oblivion an AoE!
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kilandros wrote: »
    This morph now heals for a flat value (scaling with Spell Damage and Max Magicka), with that heal being increased by up to 33% based on your missing health.

HYPE HYPE HYPE

Can someone post a non crit heal at ~50% health in an avg open world HA build. I won't be able to try it out for a while today.
    Edited by Armitas on January 23, 2017 4:39PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Saint_Bud
    Saint_Bud
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like to see the passive for ultireg but in ardrent flame tree and reduce the coast of standart to 200. Dk have the hardest pve rotation, no execute and relies on standart for high damage. Other classes can do the same or more damage with much easyer rotation and able to play range. I dont understand why a class that have so much problems to other classes and are just as tanks pupulare not geting help in a so long time (also make tanking on other classes populare). Run vma with a mdk and you will see the differant to other classes.
    PVP Saint-Bud magicka Templar: AR 49
    PVE Lord Victarion mDK : dro'm-Athra-Destroyer pre Morrowind retired for crafting
    PVE Ramsay-Bolton magicka NB: Voice of Reason Clockwork City Patch retired
    VAA hm/ VHRC hm/ VSO hm/ VMOL hm/ VHOF hm/ VAS hm clear

Stop playing PVE because its boring, content not disigned for melee players and class balance and sustain is ***
  • forzajuve212
    forzajuve212
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's awesome! Great change zos, thank you
  • Stamden
    Stamden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The good: Coagulating Blood should finally be good

The bad: All of the other problems DKs face still exist.

The ugly: Heavy Armor, Trainee, and Desert Rose all getting massive nerfs. There isn't anything for mDK's to actually wear.
    PC NA

~Currently taking a break from the game until my DK can become something more than just a crafter~
  • KaiDynasty
    KaiDynasty
    ✭✭✭
    Kilandros wrote: »

HYPE HYPE HYPE

This is a good change, and the most thing people was looking for. Now I have to test it how much is the loss between the 8% of minor vitality and the flat value, I suppose the flat value will compensate and be more stronger than a 8% more healing received, but never say never.
  • Stalwart385
    Stalwart385
    ✭✭✭✭
    MrGorv wrote: »

I would have to disagree with this, most of time the healers I play with when I tank are over healing and in the situations that they are not, an extra 8% would have not helped.

The only fight I can think of were damage taken and healing received could be an issue is standing your ground against the warrior. Other than that health is rarely an issue. It's usually just mechanics and stam.
    Edited by Stalwart385 on January 23, 2017 4:53PM
  • KaiDynasty
    KaiDynasty
    ✭✭✭
    Neighbor wrote: »

The ugly: Heavy Armor, Trainee, and Desert Rose all getting massive nerfs. There isn't anything for mDK's to actually wear.

Yeah, when I saw the DK changes I was very happy, but after when I saw the desert rose nerf, My smile gone and left me in a uncoscious status.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert Remember that DKs have still problems regarding skills in this thread listed, and the dots that are near useless, Keep all these suggestions the community made and keep them in mind for the next class balance changes.
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like what I see with the changes to dragon's blood (at-least on text) but I still didn't see any changes other than that which sucks.
    I know it was asking for a lot but why couldn't we see changes in ultimate cost with standard of might also giving back the 50% defile so it's actually a unique ultimate not just a damage increase/mitigate with the same major defile anyone can/could apply.

NOT happy about Flames of Oblivion still not receiving some AoE love. I'd love to have a decent AoE on my Stam DK and would love a stronger AoE for my Mag DK. If they had increased the DoTs when using it too jeez that would've been fantastic.
    不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
    XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
    PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • Stalwart385
    Stalwart385
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you ZOS! The numbers need to be tested but DB sounds like what we've been asking for. Thank you!
    Edited by Stalwart385 on January 23, 2017 4:57PM
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Black Rose + Sun
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    KaiDynasty wrote: »

Yeah, when I saw the DK changes I was very happy, but after when I saw the desert rose nerf, My smile gone and left me in a uncoscious status.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert Remember that DKs have still problems regarding skills in this thread listed, and the dots that are near useless, Keep all these suggestions the community made and keep them in mind for the next class balance changes.

You HAD to have seen the Desert Rose nerf incoming when they made Magicka a resource pool for tanking...
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
  • Stalwart385
    Stalwart385
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »

Black Rose + Sun

Rattlecage is a good set also. You can run that with black rose, desert rose, bloodthorn, seducer, or anything like that really.
    Edited by Stalwart385 on January 23, 2017 5:09PM
  • Zakor
    Zakor
    ✭✭✭
    Seems like they finally listened, good job. Now let's see if it's as usefull as it sounds.
  • Toraf
    Toraf
    ✭✭✭
    Just /clap...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0Wf2RbjSl4

Now let's wait 2 more years for the dragon scale debug and the grip debug and the... you know what ? just celebrate the DB buff and we will see later for the others "details".

But for now THANK YOU.
    PC - EU - Pact
    Toraf Lunathi - Grumpy nord dunmer (DK magicka nord dunmer CP750).
    - AR 46.
    - Achiev' 29,585.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Black Rose + Sun

Rattlecage is a good set also. You can run that with black rose, desert rose or even bloodthorn.

Yup, Rattlecage is good too.

Other option should be going for health regen tank, with Beekeeper + Orgnum's or Permafrost if you like shields (though you need to run drinks instead of food, and all your jewelry must go to spell dmg)

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
  • Stamden
    Stamden
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Black Rose + Sun

Rattlecage is a good set also. You can run that with black rose, desert rose, bloodthorn, seducer, or anything like that really.

Wearing Rattlecage on a DK just feels wrong to me. We literally get a skill that gives us major sorcery already. Isn't it easier for you to just run Molten Weapons?
    PC NA

~Currently taking a break from the game until my DK can become something more than just a crafter~
  • Stalwart385
    Stalwart385
    ✭✭✭✭

Black Rose + Sun

Wearing Rattlecage on a DK just feels wrong to me. We literally get a skill that gives us major sorcery already. Isn't it easier for you to just run Molten Weapons?

I like how it works with DKs because we have to use a lot of skills together to do high damage. This frees up a spot for a gap closer, cc, etc.
    Edited by Stalwart385 on January 23, 2017 5:18PM
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Black Rose + Sun

depends on how many slots you use in your rotation.

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
  • Stalwart385
    Stalwart385
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like its bugged. I'm getting the base heal no matter what my health is.

Not a good setup but 2k SD and 28.5 Mag is giving me a 6.5k base heal outside cyrodil. That is with 50 blessed and 50 quick recovery.
    Edited by Stalwart385 on January 23, 2017 5:53PM
  • RazorCaltrops
    RazorCaltrops
    ✭✭✭

Black Rose + Sun

Rattlecage is perfectly fine on DK in my opinion as the skill slots are always full, there's no "slot filler" on this class for pvp
    PS4 EU
  • caperon
    caperon
    ✭✭✭✭

Not the ideal setup but 2k SD and 28.5 Mag is giving me a 6.5k base heal outside cyrodil. That is with 50 blessed and 50 quick recovery.

Patch notes says that is bugged on rank II and IV.
  • Areloth
    Areloth
    ✭✭✭

Not a good setup but 2k SD and 28.5 Mag is giving me a 6.5k base heal outside cyrodil. That is with 50 blessed and 50 quick recovery.

Can it still crit?