The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Feedback Thread for Player Housing

• Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a PS4 player, I've not been able to test anything myself, but after spending a day and a half pouring over the patch notes and watching streams from people on the PTS, I can honestly say that this is the single most disappointing thing about Homestead.....
      • Guild Reprints of Shalidor's Library
        • After you complete a collection from Shalidor's Library, a Mages Guild reprint of that collection will be available on any Mystic for a moderate fee.
        • Each reprint contains individual volumes of every book in that collection. These reprint volumes can be placed in your home, and you or your guests can read them at any time.
        • Reading a reprint volume does not grant Mages Guild reputation or progress towards Shalidor's Library--only the original version of a book counts for that!

This was, for me, going to be one of the two reasons to be excited for housing (the other being the dps dummy), but now, thanks to the final bullet point, it seems to be utterly worthless. I know there are add-ons for PC to help ease the grind of collecting the lorebooks, but even if you do use them (on the only 1 of this games 3 platforms on which they are available) it is a really tedious chore to level up mages guild.

Whilst I completely understand that it would be an issue if an entire 500 player guild could max their mages guild skill line on all of their characters if these reprinted books did give mages exp to anyone that read them, surely there is a way to make them only readable by the player that owns the house? Or only confer the mages guild exp to the player that owns the house?

Even if the sets of books were very expensive, at least they would provide something that would be worth working for. As it stands, any character with eidetic memory can re-read the text of these books from their lorebooks menu for free already (not that anyone actually cares about reading the text itself!), so this feature will be effectively pointless.

Whilst many players (myself included) will find it cool to own their own little part of the world and play around with decorating everything, you have to admit that there is actually very little in this update that has practical use. Crafting stations is one, and although you can easily find them in every city in the game, having them all in one organised spot will be really convenient. The DPS dummy is another, although I admit this only really serves a purpose for competitive PvE players and is little more than an expensive decoration for everyone else. The lore books could easily be a 3rd 'must have' feature for the majority of players, but as it stands, this feature ZOS has already done plenty of work to implement, has been robbed of the key aspect that would make it worthwhile, the mages guild experience. Please, please, please have look at reassessing this decision. I want my house to have a genuine purpose that will keep me going back there with every one of my characters, not somewhere I'll make look pretty in 2 weeks then never have to return to.

tl;dr - buying the shalidor's library lore books is literally pointless if reading them does not confer mages guild exp to your own characters. Please reconsider this, even if it means raising their cost tenfold :)

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Many people do actually read the books, and revisit them in Eidetic Memory. The types of people who do this will love this feature.

I don't think that adding Mages Guild XP to these decorations should be a feature at all. Anyway to what purpose? You have to have read them to make the reprints anyway. If it's for quickly leveling an alt? No thank you. There's a reason that was made character based and not account based.

Will definitely be putting these collections in my home(s)

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
      Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
      [/center]
    1. bebynnag
      bebynnag
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      REQUEST:

can someone over there is test tamrial have a look to see if you can re-name your homes, like you can re-name your pets/mounts!
    2. Jeshima
      Jeshima
      ✭✭
      Jeshima wrote: »
      I was surprised that there was so little room for placing things - like the mounts/pets - in the small houses. I could only put out 2 mounts, then the house complained and said that I didnt have room for any more collectibles? Bah, thats not enough...

But over all - fantastic work! Really impressive and I love the houses. I would like if every house has at least SOME outside space, so we can place crafting stations outside in the sun.

Well the point of the small or starting homes if that they are mean't to be teasers or temp. Your mean't to save up or something and buy a bigger house.

Personally, I dont see the point buying a medium or larger house. I play with my main char, I have 2-3 friends that I play with. I don't need a large house sq meter wise, not at all. I would prefer to buy additional furniture/collectible spaces, so I can add more things to my small house.
    3. Sigtric
      Sigtric
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      REQUEST:

can someone over there is test tamrial have a look to see if you can re-name your homes, like you can re-name your pets/mounts!

There is a spot in your collections UI where you can use a "rename" feature, but it keeps the default name and add a quoted name underneath.

If anyone else can see this when visiting somehow, I am not sure.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
      Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
      [/center]
    4. leepalmer95
      leepalmer95
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I was surprised that there was so little room for placing things - like the mounts/pets - in the small houses. I could only put out 2 mounts, then the house complained and said that I didnt have room for any more collectibles? Bah, thats not enough...

But over all - fantastic work! Really impressive and I love the houses. I would like if every house has at least SOME outside space, so we can place crafting stations outside in the sun.

Well the point of the small or starting homes if that they are mean't to be teasers or temp. Your mean't to save up or something and buy a bigger house.

Personally, I dont see the point buying a medium or larger house. I play with my main char, I have 2-3 friends that I play with. I don't need a large house sq meter wise, not at all. I would prefer to buy additional furniture/collectible spaces, so I can add more things to my small house.

But thats the point of medium/large houses they have more space and are bigger, therefore you can add more things.

Try pooling your gold together with your friends and share a house, i'd recommend the hundings house for 1.2m~ it's a very big large house and for me seems to be the best looking/ large space to gold ratio.
      PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
    5. MaxwellC
      MaxwellC
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      @ZOS_GinaBruno
        Home Previewing
        Were you able to successfully preview a home and buy it with gold? Yes I was able to.

How did you preview the home? Did you do it via the Crown Store, Collections UI, or just walk up to the door? I did it through the crown store and it worked flawlessly.

Were you able to figure out how to switch between previewing a furnished/unfurnished home? Yup I was nothing wrong here.

Furnishing Sourcing

Were you able to purchase and place furnishings from Achievement Furnishers? Yup I was able to.

Were you able to purchase furnishings from Zanil Theran the Luxury Furnisher? Yup I was able to.

Did you get any Undaunted Busts from dungeon bosses? If so, which one was your favorite? I didn't find that one but if I'd be able to get one I would prefer the statue of the Warrior from Hel Ra Citadel trial.

Specialty Furnishings
        Were you able to find the reprints of Shalidor’s Library books, place them, and read them? I didn't get far with that either, it was hard to find most likely because I didn't know how to craft lol.

Did you understand how to use the various light sources? Yes I was able to identify them.

Were you able to sit on chairs, both in a home and throughout the world? Was it clear which chairs you could sit on? I was but I believe there was some clipping issues.

Were you able to allow or restrict other players to enter your home? Yup I was

Did you duel inside your home? How was the experience? I didn't have that opportunity.

Did you like the housing-related achievements and titles?I definitely did

Which was your favorite home, and why? Daggerfall overlook, the keep looks awesome at-least IMO.

What did you think of the prices for each home? I think it's a bit up there I believe the max amount of gold for the castle should be 3 million gold, you can scale the rest from there.

Are you an ESO Plus member? On Xbox I am.
        Do you have any other general feedback? I feel that there needs to be a option to make a lower part of your home like an expansion where you can add a dungeon for PvP. I also would like to see the statues recording the results after it is dead, similar to the way FTC functions on the PC addons. I want a statue of the each trial completed to be purchase-able.
        Edited by MaxwellC on January 5, 2017 6:26PM
        不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
        XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
        XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
        XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
        PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
        Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
        Coined by Maxwel
        l
      • bebynnag
        bebynnag
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Sigtric wrote: »
        REQUEST:

There is a spot in your collections UI where you can use a "rename" feature, but it keeps the default name and add a quoted name underneath.

If anyone else can see this when visiting somehow, I am not sure.

Thank you 4 the reply,
        the names are more for my own amusment tbh ;)
      • WaTeR-aBuSeR
        WaTeR-aBuSeR
        ✭✭✭✭
        Carbonised wrote: »
        SOME FEEDBACK ON THE INDIVIDUAL HOUSES:

After having taken a tour over most of the available houses, I want to leave my feedback for some of them.

First of all, walls, walls, walls, walls. If you know anything about real estate, you know that location is everything. Location is for a huge part the view. Why in the name of the Nine Divines did you then block off pretty much all the view in most of the homes, especially the Dunmer ones, with huge walls and towering mountains? Man I'm so disappointed by this. You should have kept invisible area barriers instead of completely blocking off view of the scenery. These houses feel so claustrophobic, even when empty!

Ebonheart castle
        This may be the house that disappoints me the most. Ever since seeing that there would be a house for sale in Stonefalls right next to the lava flow, I have ben excited. Stonefalls is easily my favourite zone, and my Dunmer DK would have loved that place. HOWEVER, the outside is extremely cramped. Huge walls and mountains block off pretty much all the view, you can't even see the lava flow outside, only glimpse it on the other side of that stone wall. I feel claustrophobic even when outside the house, and it gets even worse inside. Cramped space, small rooms, low ceiling bums this house out so much that I don't even want to buy it anymore. The stable is small, there is no huge garden area or outside area like the other manor houses. Why didn't you keep the lava flow right outside the house instead of blocking it off with the stones and walls? That would have made this house so much more epic. As it is now, it's just a larger version of the other Dunmeri houses, nothing special. Extremely disappointing!

Indoril House, Velothi House
        The Indoril house and Velothi house suffer from the exact same issues as the Ebonheart Castle. Cramped, small exteriors, huge walls blocking off everything. One of the houses would have a great view over the lakes of Deshaan, but you can barely see them due to the huge walls blocking everything off. Small rooms in the interior, uninspired, bland, hugely disappointing.

Hunding Palace
        Easily one of the best houses in the game. Huge exterior, large interior, and multiple viewpoints all over. There is even a sundeck on the balcony where you can place furniture and enjoy the view far in all directions, or the pool area where you have the beach and the view all over the ocean. THIS is what a house should be and feel like, the Dunmer houses are shameful and embarassing compared to this. But alas, not everyone fits a Redguard themed house on Stros M'kai. Great if you're a redguard or like the tropics, a pity if you play any other race.

I'd planned on making my own post but Carbonised said pretty much everything for me. I was really excited to get the ebonheart castle, but you can't even see ebonheart. The interior has to have access to the towers. I was hoping to have an alchemy and enchanting tower and make the middle one my own sorc tower. There isn't even a good spot for a bedroom in this one unless u count the basement room. I don't want a loft bedroom in a huge manor lol. I guess Tamriel doesn't need privacy. For 3.7 mill the manors need to be customized and not like anything found throughout the world. I was going to pay crowns for this, but not as it is now.

The devs were too concerned with the housing being instanced and hiding the fact that we wouldn't be able to see all over players running around. But we understand that and just want a view. I think it's velothi (one next to mournhold) where it talks about a waterfall and you can't even see it inside the house. No one builds a house and puts a wall in front of a waterfall. Also, you can't even see the temple very much from it. Going to try and see how high I can build if it will give me a better view lol.

Hunding is absolutely the best house in terms of amenities. I also don't care much for the style, but the balconies, pool, ship, and waterfront make it hard to resist. All they need to do is add in a basement (the only downside of this house) with a tunnel leading to a cave with a boat for a secret escape. Then they could have put a 5 mill pricetag and people would have easily paid that much for it. For 1.2 mill it is by far the best bargain.
        Carbonised wrote: »
        SOME FEEDBACK ON THE INDIVIDUAL HOUSES:

After having taken a tour over most of the available houses, I want to leave my feedback for some of them.

First of all, walls, walls, walls, walls. If you know anything about real estate, you know that location is everything. Location is for a huge part the view. Why in the name of the Nine Divines did you then block off pretty much all the view in most of the homes, especially the Dunmer ones, with huge walls and towering mountains? Man I'm so disappointed by this. You should have kept invisible area barriers instead of completely blocking off view of the scenery. These houses feel so claustrophobic, even when empty!

Daggerfall Manor home
        This one is rather well made, you have a large courtyard, much stable room, a large interior and plenty of space upstairs and downstairs. Doesn't feel locked in that much.

Khajiit Sand manor
        The largest house in the AD is also rather well made, an extremely large exterior with lots of sky and space makes this feel like your own private isle much like the crown store bought one.

Ebonheart castle
        This may be the house that disappoints me the most. Ever since seeing that there would be a house for sale in Stonefalls right next to the lava flow, I have ben excited. Stonefalls is easily my favourite zone, and my Dunmer DK would have loved that place. HOWEVER, the outside is extremely cramped. Huge walls and mountains block off pretty much all the view, you can't even see the lava flow outside, only glimpse it on the other side of that stone wall. I feel claustrophobic even when outside the house, and it gets even worse inside. Cramped space, small rooms, low ceiling bums this house out so much that I don't even want to buy it anymore. The stable is small, there is no huge garden area or outside area like the other manor houses. Why didn't you keep the lava flow right outside the house instead of blocking it off with the stones and walls? That would have made this house so much more epic. As it is now, it's just a larger version of the other Dunmeri houses, nothing special. Extremely disappointing!

Indoril House, Velothi House
        The Indoril house and Velothi house suffer from the exact same issues as the Ebonheart Castle. Cramped, small exteriors, huge walls blocking off everything. One of the houses would have a great view over the lakes of Deshaan, but you can barely see them due to the huge walls blocking everything off. Small rooms in the interior, uninspired, bland, hugely disappointing.

Hunding Palace
        Easily one of the best houses in the game. Huge exterior, large interior, and multiple viewpoints all over. There is even a sundeck on the balcony where you can place furniture and enjoy the view far in all directions, or the pool area where you have the beach and the view all over the ocean. THIS is what a house should be and feel like, the Dunmer houses are shameful and embarassing compared to this. But alas, not everyone fits a Redguard themed house on Stros M'kai. Great if you're a redguard or like the tropics, a pity if you play any other race.

Craglorn cave
        This one is gorgeous. Of course you saved the best of the homes for crown store, eh .. Even in a home that's supposed to be a cave, you manage to make it feel lofty and huge, instead of cramped and claustrophobic. A very nice home, and I bet it will cost a huge amount of real life money.

Concluding:
        Some of the houses are really good, especially the Crown Store ones (no surprise there .. I mean, Craglorn and the tropical island are miles beyond any of the others, even the 3.5 Mil manors). What makes a good house? View, view, view, view!
        I get that these are mini zones and instanced, but you could at least have made all the barriers half or a third of their actual size, and kept the invisible barriers instead of the visible ones.
        Those Dunmeri houses, even the manor, are extremely disappointing due to their lack of real outdoor space, and huge, cramped walls and mountains. The manor house absolutely needs large balconies with an overview of nearby Ebonheart and the lava flow next to the house. The interiors are also pretty disappointing. Just copies of the Dunmer houses you see everywhere else in the zones. The Khajiit palace is so much more attractive, even the Breton one outshines the Ebonheart Castle. If this goes to live with no change at all, I might just forego having a house altogether, as a Dunmer there are none of my race houses I feel are worth the money, and it doesn't fit my character to stay in neither Hunding nor Reaper's March.
        I really hope you'll consider brushing up on some of these before they are made available.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom [/endquote]

I'd planned on making my own post but Carbonised said pretty much everything for me. I was really excited to get the ebonheart castle, but you can't even see ebonheart. The interior has to have access to the towers. I was hoping to have an alchemy and enchanting tower and make the middle one my own sorc tower. There isn't even a good spot for a bedroom in this one unless u count the basement room. I don't want a loft bedroom in a huge manor lol. I guess Tamriel doesn't need privacy. For 3.7 mill the manors need to be customized and not like anything found throughout the world. I was going to pay crowns for this, but not as it is now.

The devs were too concerned with the housing being instanced and hiding the fact that we wouldn't be able to see all over players running around. But we understand that and just want a view. I think it's velothi (one next to mournhold) where it talks about a waterfall and you can't even see it inside the house. No one builds a house and puts a wall in front of a waterfall. Also, you can't even see the temple very much from it. Going to try and see how high I can build if it will give me a better view lol.

Hunding is absolutely the best house in terms of amenities. I also don't care much for the style, but the balconies, pool, ship, and waterfront make it hard to resist. All they need to do is add in a basement (the only downside of this house) with a tunnel leading to a cave with a boat for a secret escape. Then they could have put a 5 mill pricetag and people would have easily paid that much for it. For 1.2 mill it is by far the best bargain.
        Edited by WaTeR-aBuSeR on January 5, 2017 6:31PM
      • Mako1132
        Mako1132
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Can we get a list of players currently inside a house? I want to know who is there before I just run into some type of RP randomly.

Also, can we get the option to toggle battle spirit (target dummies mainly since it applies in duels anyway) in our homes?
      • TerraDewBerry
        TerraDewBerry
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Jeremiah87 wrote: »
        I defiantly foresee the item limits to be too low. 700 for a manor seems way too low if you really want to pull of some detailed and interesting things. These decorations in just the fountain of the Ebonheart manor are 20+ items...

Yup, I completely agree. I played RIFT where they have a great player housing system, and you would not believe how fast you can hit item cap even when the item limit is 2500. I think RIFT now has a 5000 item limit for large places.

So, there needs to be an increase in the item limit for sure. Especially, if you want players happily buying either crown store items or in game items.

Also, if I recall correctly, ESO plus members will get a double item limit, and I assume that is what we're seeing on the PTS? If that is true, that means for non ESO players who buy a manor, they will only be able to place 350 items... That seems a bit limited after someone spends millions of gold or unknown number of crowns to buy a manor.
      • The_Undefined
        The_Undefined
        ✭✭✭✭
        General feedback: Initial Feedback (first impressions)

Items / furnishings should be interactable just like all of the items in the game - wardrobes / night stands / food should all be lootable with the regular loot table as in game and refreshed just as the items in game.

Definitely need to be able to mount in the housing areas.

Earthtear Cavern - very underwhelming compared to other homes, no outside area, also, the furnishing is incredibly underwhelming for paying real money - definitely needs to be cheap (2500-3000 crowns) and needs far more furnishings than showed (otherwise feels like a ripoff)

Lighting inside dromos phrasticus is absolutely horrible when bought furnished

Overall: Buying furnished homes with crowns should be FURNISHED not just a few pieces of furniture laying about. I understand these items are going to be crazy expensive at first, but paying real money for furnished homes doesn't feel worth it - FURNISH THE OUTSIDE AREA TOO! Just a few shrubberies and some stone tiles is honestly silly. Put furnishings outside of the house too. From the video advertising the houses to this - it's an instant turnoff for this content. How many people saw that video and went, omgah this looks great, then comes into the game to see these incredibly lackluster furnished homes and just don't want to bother at all?
        Edited by The_Undefined on January 5, 2017 8:26PM
      • timb16_ESO85
        timb16_ESO85
        ✭✭✭✭
        Currently really like most of the houses (especially the small redguard one with the garden), but all the outside areas feel way too claustrophobic. Could the walls around these areas be made lower so we could actually enjoy the view of the zone the houses are in (which is probably the reason I like the redgaurd one).

I understand that the high walls are needed to force players to use the portal to load, but lower walls with an invisible wall going up to there would greatly increase the atmosphere of the houses and help them feel more unique than copy paste from some zone (dark elf small home, looking at you). While this will mean that we are shown an empty environment without players, npc and monsters in the background, this will still feel way better than huge standing walls in the middle of an empty field depriving you of the nice view.
      • JolaRossa
        JolaRossa
        Did you complete the initial quest to acquire your apartment? Did you run into any issues?
        Completed without trouble. However, after buying a stool from the furniture merchant in Skywatch, he still had the active quest marker (which I suppose should have disappeared at that point)

Home Previewing
        Were you able to successfully preview a home and buy it with gold?

Previewed no problem, didn't try buying yet

How did you preview the home? Did you do it via the Crown Store, Collections UI, or just walk up to the door?
        Both walking up to the door and via the Collections UI, no problem in either case.

Were you able to figure out how to switch between previewing a furnished/unfurnished home?
        No, I only found out from this forum. Having to press a button called "Buy" is very unintuitive. Even once I've done that, the interface isn't very intuitive. What about a separate toggle button saying simply "Preview Furnished/Unfurnished"?

What did you think of the prices for each home?
        They seem fair to me.

Are you an ESO Plus member?
        Not currently, but I have been (and will be again)

Do you have any other general feedback?
        1) What is Malla the Accolades Vendor, and why can't I interact with her?
        2) I love the reaction to <stay silent> in the initial housing quest.
      • Tandor
        Tandor
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Overall: Buying furnished homes with crowns should be FURNISHED not just a few pieces of furniture laying about. I understand these items are going to be crazy expensive at first, but paying real money for furnished homes doesn't feel worth it - FURNISH THE OUTSIDE AREA TOO! Just a few shrubberies and some stone tiles is honestly silly. Put furnishings outside of the house too.

My own view is that there should be two options for Crown purchases, fully furnished or unfurnished.

A lot of players will want to use crowns rather than gold to buy a house because they don't have enough gold, not because they don't want to furnish the house themselves e.g. through crafting.

I agree that there's no benefit in paying through the nose (which we will be if we buy with crowns, I've no doubt of that!) for something that is neither fully furnished nor unfurnished but some sort of halfway in-between state.

Also, there needs to be a recognition by ZOS that it is really impossible to give constructive feedback on housing without actually knowing at this stage what the prices of the houses will be when bought with crowns. It's absolutely central to the whole exercise.
        Edited by Tandor on January 5, 2017 8:17PM
      • Thrudra_Magia
        Thrudra_Magia
        ✭✭✭
        First off, this is pretty amazing. Thank you for making the housing instanced. I hate games that have a 1:1 ratio as there are more problems with that mechanic than I care to enumerate here.

Quest suggestions
        • Acquiring a home quest: This will be difficult to find if you don't read patch notes and not a lot of ppl do. Suggestion: Add a notification that players can read and then delete.

Housing suggestions
        • I would love to be able to hire a bard for my house, and if possible, other workers like a chef, housecarl, stablemaster, (with horses) banker, etc. Maybe not for the staple homes, but definitely for the classic and notable homes.
        • Alternative for banker: Players are able to click on a container to open their storage.
        • Alternative: Players are able to click on a nightstand and add stuff to it. This storage would be open to only the owner of the home.
        • In the classic and notable homes a basement would be nice. And depending on where the staple home is, there too.
        • It would be nice to be able to sleep in bed. Additionally, you could give a player who's slept for an hour or for the night a small XP or other type of bonus.
        • For notable houses, have fishing holes.
        • Doors on the bedrooms would be nice, they don't need to be transitional. Hey, these aren't Skyrim inns after all. ;)

Furnished housing
        • Furnishings should make sense. In other words, the area outside a bedroom should not be a 'work' area with blocks of rough looking chopping blocks used in kitchen or blacksmithing areas, but rather an 'office' area, especially since there are bookcases in the rooms. Refer to Daggerfall Overlook house.
        • Furnished houses that have a courtyard should also have their courtyards furnished.
        • Balconies should also be furnished.
        • Horses in my stables.

Earthtear Cavern
        • Maybe get rid of the slaughterfish, unless that is there for some kind of initiation ;)

Daggerfall Overlook
        • If there is a visible balcony on the outside of the house, it would be nice to be able to access said balcony from the inside.
        • Overlook Shore exit in basement leads me to a water area and not a 'shore'. Maybe change the name to Overlook Bay or Overlook Lagoon/Peninsula on the trapdoor.

Forsaken Stronghold
        • In furnished version, upstairs bedroom has foot chest three feet away from foot of bed. Not a big issue since you can manipulate items after purchase.

Furnishings
        • In reference to "All tradeskill disciplines now have a new tab at their respective stations for furnishing plans." Note that they do not.
        • Carpenter's have no diagrams for sale.
        • In reference to "Each tradeskill has a unique type of plan and primarily uses a new type of material", the only tradeskill NPC that had diagrams for sale are Armorer's and Clothiers.
        • If diagrams is supposed to be 'plan' please change all ingame and patch nomenclature to the same usage.
      • Moloch1514
        Moloch1514
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Talek wrote: »
        For me the most underwhelming thing is that all 3 manors are basically copypasta of generic big building in each alliance main cities, seriously such a lazy thing, i expected small/medium houses to be generic for each races but i thought that the icing on the cake of this whole homestead gonna be handcrafted - nope just push 1 button and copy a building, jobs done wait another 5 months for next update...

The only 2 locations that aren't lazy and boring are obviously the Island and Craglorn Cave - both crown only which should be expected.

Also, 700 items cap in a Manor when you can put 100 to the Inn room is a joke, i expected atleast 2,000-2,500. Overall i will probably stick to some small/medium house and don't bother much about this. Pretty sad that we missed more than half year of any content update for something like this.

This! I was so let down when I realized the Daggerfall Manor was just the same building as the Wayrest Castle (and other large Breton buildings), and the Altmer style Manor is just the Vukhel Guard bank. So original!
        PC-NA
      • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
        FLuFFyxMuFFiN
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        So does anyone know if there is a way to get the "Hero of ..." Shields for other alliances without having a character in that alliance? For example I have the Covenant Hero Shield for getting the Hero of Daggerfall achievement but you have to buy the shield in Cyrodiil. If it turns out I have to have an EP and AD character to get the other shields then I believe that should be changed so people, like myself, who only have characters on one alliance can get all the achievement based furnishings. I know it might not seem like a big deal to some people but I would like to have all the shields in my home without having reroll a character for them.
      • Joy_Division
        Joy_Division
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        There might sound like L2P noob, but:

I had to do a Google Search to figure out how to actually purchase a house because I rebound the F5 key and the secondary binding was to a default controller that I do not use.

I want to at least practice with a target skeleton. I still haven't figured this out. Apparently, the Rollis merchant guy is in the lower floor of Deshaan Bank ... only when you have an active or master writ available. I did my writs. I didn't get any master crafting stuff. Do you have any idea how long I spent looking for him?

Am I going to have to make a template just to do this stuff?

I always felt - from Beta - that actually learning how to play this game required a second computer opened to Google. I like the fact that I can have a house, but the lack of explanation of how to do even basic stuff is very frustrating.
      • Ruusa
        Ruusa
        ✭✭✭
        Did you complete the initial quest to acquire your apartment? Did you run into any issues?
        I was able to complete it. Somehow I was under the impression that the quest would give an introduction to how furniture crafting and placing furniture works, but it only told how to buy it. Now there is nothing that tells new players how to craft and decorate, and people will be confused. As other people here have said, most players do not read the patch notes.

How did you preview the home? Did you do it via the Crown Store, Collections UI, or just walk up to the door?
        I tried walking up to a door but just got an error message that instance was full. I previewed the next house from crown store and it worked, so I used crown store from there on.

Were you able to figure out how to switch between previewing a furnished/unfurnished home?
        No. Never would have figured it out without reading it here.

Were you able to purchase and place furnishings from Achievement Furnishers?
        Didnt try yet, the template character doesnt have achievements. I'm looking foward to them when I get my own characters to PTS. Same with books, template character doesnt know them so didnt test.

Were you able to purchase furnishings from Zanil Theran the Luxury Furnisher?
        Yes.

Did you understand how to use the various light sources?
        Candles, lanterns, campfires, chandeliers and such are self explanatory. Are there other light sources? If there are, I didnt figure them out.

Were you able to sit on chairs, both in a home and throughout the world? Was it clear which chairs you could sit on?
        At first yes and then no. I got a room at the Vulkhel guard inn and placed down a chair. I was able to sit on it on the third try. My character stood up instantly after sitting at first. Then I took my chair and moved to Mathiisen manor and placed more furniture, including a bench next to a table. I was able to sit again, even though the sitting animation for the bench was bugged and my character just slid onto it.

I moved my furniture to the imperial Craglorn house and bought an armchair from crown store, was able to sit on it. Then i moved the furniture around and placed chairs around a table... and now I cant sit at all anywhere. I tried moving the chairs in case its a clipping issue but no. I bought new chairs and cant sit on them either. I placed a chair in the middle of an empty room and still cant sit. I also cant sit in taverns or to benches in cities or anywhere else.

Relogging doesnt help.

Which was your favorite home, and why?
        I like the imperial house in Craglorn (even though its maybe too small for me) and the imperial large house in Reaper's March. I dont have any particular interest in imperials otherways but those two houses are great. I also liked the Mistveil manor and the Indoril house next to Mournhold but I'm not going to move there as an AD mostly player.

Many of the other houses have really weird floor plans and spaces that I would not know what to do with. Some are just huge open spaces with very little rooms. I want multiple bedrooms for my 7 characters (though some of them can share), kitchen, living/dining room, crafting room for example. The Daggerfall manor for example has exactly one room that looks like a bedroom and unnecessary amount of hall space. And one of the orc houses had a narrow corridor that just went around a staircase. What?

What did you think of the prices for each home?
        Generally the prices are ok.

Are you an ESO Plus member?
        Yes. I'd be in trouble with the item limits if I wasnt. Item limits are really low for non subscribers.

Do you have any other general feedback?
        My assistants and horse disappear when I leave my house and reenter.
        At one point my two tables disappeared when I relogged. The teapot I placed on one of them was left floating in the air. Another time after another relog one of my beds disappeared. They are not in the retrieve menu.

The item limit is ok for most houses if you are a subscriber. The manors and especially the island suffer from it, just because they are so big and the item limit doesnt rise as much as the house size.

Please increase player limit when its technically possible, my guilds want to buy a manor for a guildhouse and use it for events.

But overall I love almost everything. The amount of possibilities is far beyond what I dared to hope.

I am happy that houses are expensive, I'm happy that getting blueprints requires effort and I'm very happy that it will take me months to furnish my home. I have saved money for months already. It would have been a disappointment if everything would have been finished in a week. Seeing the empty house slowly become a furnished home will be amazing. And while I will not buy anything from crown store that is also available in game, I think its great that those who dont like crafting or dont have much in game gold can buy houses there. Just dont make the prices too high please.

Also this will be good news for trading guilds. Now that dungeon and trial gear is BoP we needed something else that people can and want to buy.
        PC EU
        Erweka - altmer magicka sorc DD
        Varona Uveth - dunmer DK tank

Redfur Trading & Redfur Exchange
      • Enodoc
        Enodoc
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        I think this is something that is most likely a bug:

The tradeskill vendors are all selling their associated tradeskill mastery furnishings (and occasionally, some furnishing plans too) except the Carpenter tradeskill vendor. The Carpenter's woodworking furnishings inventory has been erroneously given to the Woodworker gear vendor.

Furnishings
        • In reference to "All tradeskill disciplines now have a new tab at their respective stations for furnishing plans." Note that they do not.
        • Carpenter's have no diagrams for sale.
        • In reference to "Each tradeskill has a unique type of plan and primarily uses a new type of material", the only tradeskill NPC that had diagrams for sale are Armorer's and Clothiers.
        • If diagrams is supposed to be 'plan' please change all ingame and patch nomenclature to the same usage.
        • They do for me. Far right of all the other tabs. Maybe you have an add-on conflict?
        • I think this is the bug I mentioned above.
        • Yeah, I haven't found many for sale either.
        • The general term is 'Plans'; 'Diagrams' are for Blacksmithing. Then 'Blueprints' for Woodworking, 'Designs' for Provisioning, 'Formulas' for Alchemy, 'Patterns' for Clothing, and 'Praxises' (Note to ZOS - should be Praxes) for Enchanting.
        Edited by Enodoc on January 5, 2017 10:53PM
        UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
        Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
      • bugmom
        bugmom
        ✭✭✭✭
        So far VERY frustrated. I completed the quest and got the free cell at the inn for EP. Placed a couple of items in there. However I cannot purchase any other homes! They all show uncompleted requirements but I have completed ALL of them. I can't find any record of having completed Friend in Need but it is gone from my quest log after I finished and got my free room. The other requirements I completed at least a year ago, lol.

Haven't been able to preview anything with furnishings since I don't seem to have a buy option.

Requirements for crafting furniture seemed outrageous but maybe because I'm just so frustrated at the moment.

Prices seem high for it not working well. I never have the much money in game gold as I usually PvP.
      • MercTheMage
        MercTheMage
        ✭✭✭✭
        The prices for the smaller houses are completely reasonable, however the larger ones are completely ridiculous and considering they have zero utility, the ones above 600k should be halved or atleast made 25% cheaper. Also get rid of the "Must have imperial to buy this house" ***
        You just going to stand there like a lemon?
      • deleted008293
        deleted008293
        ✭✭✭✭
        With the addition of more and more crafting and other items to the game it would be wise if you could rise the bank space a little more. Having 240 bank space is just too low and you have to constantly manage the items and item sets you are saving.

Prices might be a bit too high. Do you think a 50-75% price reduction works in our favor? Any chance to implement a skill that reduce the acquisition cost of certain elements?
      • helediron
        helediron
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        E.g. AD manor has excellent yard but house interior was disappointment. It is just one long corridor - nothing to call a manor.

Housing editor: I can rotate, but can i push/pull an item without moving myself? If i first place a signpost and then try to place a hanging lantern to it, it's difficult because i need to be almost below it. EDIT: ah, there is when surface drag is off.But mouse wheel does not work. I need to bind to e.g. 7/8 keys to use it.

That crafting should finally get a real preview. Try to craft a, say, high elf lamppost. Look that tiny picture of it and try to figure wtf it actually is. Put an actual BIG 3D preview into crafting!

When using a table blacksmith, clothing and woodworking tables put the crafter to backside of the table.

Placing crafting tables very closely or putting lanterns around cause some of them to lose access. I can't 'E' all of them.

Sitting on benches make me sit either way. I can't sit onto khajit bench at all.
        Edited by helediron on January 6, 2017 3:10PM
        On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
      • MopeyHat
        MopeyHat
        ✭✭✭✭
        Acquiring furnishing recipes is very confusing. On my character that has just about every overland achievement, I talked to many Achievement Furnishers and a few of the Homegoods vendors I think they're called, only for them to have no inventory whatsoever.

Are there places where you're buying the actual furnishings instead of recipes?

It would absolutely lovely if the tooltips for furnishings listed how they were acquired, so viewing the crown store furnishings would list it, or seeing what another player links.

The furnishings themselves and the actual recipes, once you have them, have been pretty good so far. I love how diverse the system is. The game economy is going to get turned on its head, haha.
      • bugmom
        bugmom
        ✭✭✭✭
        Ok - figured out part of my problem - I CAN purchase houses when I am previewing them. However, in the collections tab, some of the houses (like the island) simply say "Available for purchase" while others list the required achievements so I thought they were not yet available and couldn't figure out why the achievements were still listed and not checked off or something.

Paid some crowns for a blacksmithing station but the only interaction with it seems to be to light it up or turn it off. I would expect a "blacksmithing" station that I pay 400 crowns for would let me actually craft something.

All in all houses feel very dead and empty. Better when I place my assistants there but they don't move around. Need npcs or crabs on the beach or birds or anything alive in there...

Fishing would be nice.
      • Dominoid
        Dominoid
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        MopeyHat wrote: »
        Acquiring furnishing recipes is very confusing. On my character that has just about every overland achievement, I talked to many Achievement Furnishers and a few of the Homegoods vendors I think they're called, only for them to have no inventory whatsoever.

This is an add-on conflict. For me it was advanced filters.
      • ShadowHvo
        ShadowHvo
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        • Did you complete the initial quest to acquire your apartment? Did you run into any issues?

No, I didn't even find it. I purchased each and every home from the collectiables menu.
        • Were you able to successfully preview a home and buy it with gold?

Yes, every single one of them.
        • How did you preview the home? Did you do it via the Crown Store, Collections UI, or just walk up to the door?

Every single one was done through the collections UI.
        • Were you able to figure out how to switch between previewing a furnished/unfurnished home?

Yes, it was relatively easy.
        • Were you able to purchase and place furnishings from Achievement Furnishers?
        Not yet, as I am an EU player, so I have no current access to any of the achievements, besides the Hircine Statue which unlocked after using the Werewolf Maxer
        • Were you able to purchase furnishings from Zanil Theran the Luxury Furnisher?
        • Did you get any Undaunted Busts from dungeon bosses? If so, which one was your favorite?

Not yet, again due to the PTS EU restrictions
        • Were you able to find the reprints of Shalidor’s Library books, place them, and read them?

No, I cannot seem to locate them on any mystics or in the Mages Guild.
        • Did you understand how to use the various light sources?

Yes, and they work wonderfully.
        • Were you able to sit on chairs, both in a home and throughout the world? Was it clear which chairs you could sit on?

I wouldn't say it is clear which chairs are sitable, however, I could indeed sit most chairs, both in house and in the world.
        • Were you able to allow or restrict other players to enter your home?

Yes, I threw all of my enemies on the immediate banlist!
        • Did you duel inside your home? How was the experience?
        • Did you like the housing-related achievements and titles?

The achievements are nice, they give something to strive for. It is however, annoying, that as a completionist myself, I am forced to have all houses, instead of just a select few that I like. Its really the whole saying of "Less is more" and owning all properties of Tamriel simply feels wrong, and blatantly worthless, yet it is a requirement if we seek to -complete- the game through achievements.

I would honestly suggest to remove the part about "Obtaining" the houses from the achievement list, and simply make them completable by visiting the house (Excluding the titles, those should only be gained by actually owning the house), as that doesn't force every completionist to own every building possible.
        • Which was your favorite home, and why?

Both Hundings Palatial in Stros M'Kai and Daggerfall Overlook, due to their surpreme amount of unique features in comparison to nearly any other home. Hundings Palatial in particular seems to be by far the home with the most features.

Daggerfall Overlook simply because of the beautifull view, and the hidden entrance from the cellar to the water below, which makes for a very nice dock area.
        • What did you think of the prices for each home?

I think Serinity Falls and Daggerfall Overlook are fairly priced, and so too is generally every home in my opinion, EXCEPT Ebonheart Chateau. I simply do not understand how the most disappointing home in the entire game, can also be the most expensive. Daggerfall Overlook and Serinity Falls should both be vastly more expensive than Ebonheart Chateau.

Just to consider it, Hundings Palatial is far more of a manor than Ebonheart Chateau is, perhaps it is worth putting that as a Manor, and give Ebonheart Chateau a Large House status instead, at least that would make the features of the homes far more fitting.
        • Are you an ESO Plus member?

Yes, I am.
        • Do you have any other general feedback?

That I certainly do!

Feedback for Manors

The Manors largely appear good, however, on closer look, it definitely seems like far more time, love and dedication has been put into both the Daggerfall Overlook, and the Serinity Falls, and not so much the Ebonheart Chateau.

A quick sample of the features the three manors each have:
        - Serenity Falls (AD Manor)
        1. River
        2. Pool
        3. Waterfall
        4. Additional Servant House
        5. Stables
        6. Balconies from the main building AND second.
        7. Large Two Story Building
        8. Yard

- Daggerfall Overlook (DC Manor)
        2. MASSIVE Overlook over the Iliac Bay
        3. Fountain
        4. Stable
        5. Big Barn
        6. Castle has fitting room, 3 stories including the Cellar.
        7. Unique special hideaway entrance to the sea below from the cellar, Where you yourself can construct a whole docks.
        8. Yard

- Ebonheart Chateau (EP Manor)
        1. Yard
        2. Four Trees
        3. One Big 3 story House with only one seperate room in the cellar (Essentially all commen Dunmer manors.)
        4. A Barn
        5. Fountain

As many other have voiced in this thread as well, the Ebonheart Manor overall is simply severely disappointing, there is nothing beyond its location that makes it shrine, and that very location is -only- visible from OUTSIDE the house, and cannot be seen from within thanks to the odd obscuration of large rocks that utterly ruin the view at large. The house description is outright lying as well, as there is no watchtower in the home at all, unless you yourself create one out of stone.

On another note, the Daggerfall Outlook seems to have a bug on the podium where the thrones usually sit (Similar to King Emeric's castle) where there is an invisible wall, preventing characters from going halfway over the elevated platform. Surely that must be a bug.

Feedback for Editor Tool

The editor tool can be.. confusing, especially the movement of the objects. It would have been vastly prefered if we could have received an editor tool similar to that of the creation kit, as that makes placement of objects far easier and user friendly.

An arrow grid would also be very nice for the rotation and placement of Objects, similar to the Creation Kit previously provided by Bethesda, it would be nice to use the mouse to drag an object in one specific and precise direction.

Suggestions

I will suggest to either lower the price of the Ebonheart Chateau, as that appears to be the house most people at large have a vast issue with. Currently it is the most expensive of the houses, yet just as it is expensive, it is equally disappointing.

I suggest to either lower the price, or to give the house more value. Make the watchtower useable and enterable from below, with a door leading to the top, and perhaps give the manor a crypt in the back, leading to a big burial room similar to the style of the Dunmer burial grounds. That will add value to the home, and explain its expensive price without copying either the Serinity Falls, or Daggerfall Overlook.

......... Also, can we please have a cave home in the same style as the Dark Brotherhood Cave?

Nighren - The Shadow Striker
        Leader of Bloodlines
        -- EU --

Want to roleplay in elder scrolls online? Check out eso-rp.com
      • praxis
        praxis
        ✭✭✭
        So, even though I've run all the vet trials and dungeons, I now have to do them again in order to get the busts in my collection? Couldn't they retroactively unlock? I mean, I guess I could run them all again and probably eventually will, but it seems like every time there's a new release I've got to backtrack and grind the same things over again to get the new motifs or whatever shiny new goodies drop from the old thing we already did 100 times. That's not actually adding new content to the game, by the way.

The merchants and achievement merchants don't seem to be on my map, so it was sort of a stab in the dark trying to find the ones I did. With 20K achievement points, it could take ages to track them all down. Again, not actually new content, just another grind.

There are no previews and/or no indications of scale on items purchased from merchants. The boat for Master Fisherman is probably bigger than half the houses. I'm afraid to buy the mug for This One's On Me, will it sit on the table, or can I bathe in it?

AP should be bankable like Tel Var. It's dumb I can't buy the Emperor's throne and rank-related items on a character I got emperor on a year ago because she's been set up for endgame PVE for the past year. I'll have to redo her build to go back into Cyrodiil for a few days (and then again to PVE to get the busts). If you can't make all currency account wide, at least do it with the achievements.

• NewBlacksmurf
        NewBlacksmurf
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        As a PS4 player, I've not been able to test anything myself, but after spending a day and a half pouring over the patch notes and watching streams from people on the PTS, I can honestly say that this is the single most disappointing thing about Homestead.....
          • Guild Reprints of Shalidor's Library
            • After you complete a collection from Shalidor's Library, a Mages Guild reprint of that collection will be available on any Mystic for a moderate fee.
            • Each reprint contains individual volumes of every book in that collection. These reprint volumes can be placed in your home, and you or your guests can read them at any time.
            • Reading a reprint volume does not grant Mages Guild reputation or progress towards Shalidor's Library--only the original version of a book counts for that!

This was, for me, going to be one of the two reasons to be excited for housing (the other being the dps dummy), but now, thanks to the final bullet point, it seems to be utterly worthless. I know there are add-ons for PC to help ease the grind of collecting the lorebooks, but even if you do use them (on the only 1 of this games 3 platforms on which they are available) it is a really tedious chore to level up mages guild.

Whilst I completely understand that it would be an issue if an entire 500 player guild could max their mages guild skill line on all of their characters if these reprinted books did give mages exp to anyone that read them, surely there is a way to make them only readable by the player that owns the house? Or only confer the mages guild exp to the player that owns the house?

Even if the sets of books were very expensive, at least they would provide something that would be worth working for. As it stands, any character with eidetic memory can re-read the text of these books from their lorebooks menu for free already (not that anyone actually cares about reading the text itself!), so this feature will be effectively pointless.

Whilst many players (myself included) will find it cool to own their own little part of the world and play around with decorating everything, you have to admit that there is actually very little in this update that has practical use. Crafting stations is one, and although you can easily find them in every city in the game, having them all in one organised spot will be really convenient. The DPS dummy is another, although I admit this only really serves a purpose for competitive PvE players and is little more than an expensive decoration for everyone else. The lore books could easily be a 3rd 'must have' feature for the majority of players, but as it stands, this feature ZOS has already done plenty of work to implement, has been robbed of the key aspect that would make it worthwhile, the mages guild experience. Please, please, please have look at reassessing this decision. I want my house to have a genuine purpose that will keep me going back there with every one of my characters, not somewhere I'll make look pretty in 2 weeks then never have to return to.

tl;dr - buying the shalidor's library lore books is literally pointless if reading them does not confer mages guild exp to your own characters. Please reconsider this, even if it means raising their cost tenfold :)

@ZOS_GinaBruno

in bold.

No idea why anyone would want the books if they're just there to be there.

WTH kinda Dev meetings are happening

-space issue with limits on meaningless items
          -limits on ppl to 24
          -tons of new items but hoses don't have their own storage outside of inventory and bank for account items.
          -meaningless pet, mounts
          -books but they don't help anyone else on my account for my house
          -preview in the crown store still doesn't allow zoom in/out

I can't even imagine trying to oreintate and manipulate items only using a controller when it hits consoles.

-PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
          ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501