The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PTS Feedback Thread for Player Housing

• jmgrant44ub17_ESO
    jmgrant44ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Placed target dummy and now its gone.
  • Ninane
    Ninane
    Wow - ok, just saw the prices for purchasing items using crowns. Those prices are ridiculous. It's highly unlikely I would ever purchase anything once live...

And, I accidentally put the blacksmithing station down too far through the wall in the Courtyard, and now it can't be retrieved. If that happened IRL I would be seriously annoyed.
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ninane wrote: »
    Wow - ok, just saw the prices for purchasing items using crowns. Those prices are ridiculous. It's highly unlikely I would ever purchase anything once live...

And, I accidentally put the blacksmithing station down too far through the wall in the Courtyard, and now it can't be retrieved. If that happened IRL I would be seriously annoyed.

You can retrieve any item in your house from anywhere by opening the Housing Editor, clicking "Browse" and selecting "Retrieve" from the top-right menu. It lists everything in your current house and you can click it and press R to retrieve it, no matter where it is.

My feedback for @ZOS_MandiParker is that the limit for collectibles is just too darn low. I have over forty mounts, along with forty plus pets and I want to put them in my house, but even as an ESO+ member in a Manor house I am limited to ten, why is this? I can put seven hundred regular items in and I was of the opinion that we have housing so we can put the things we own in them. The problem is I am limited to ten of my collectibles, so I can't really populate it with my stuff, just new crafted things I'm not all that interested in.

We need more people per house, at least forty-eight, and much higher limits on the collectibles placeable in your home.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fyaal wrote: »
    Also I am disappointed in the availability of things to craft. Master writs drop somewhat rarely (8 writs, 2 characters, no drops). On top of that, many of the master writs I got from making a template require legendary mats. LEGENDARY. Are you aware that tempering alloy are currently 10k a piece? That means a master crafting writ that require legendary mats cost up to 80k gold to complete. Absurd.

There are no basic crafting items, like a table, chair or anything that a max level woodworker should be able to make right off the bat without blueprints.

Most of the furnishing recipes are found out in the world, not from the Master Writ vendor exclusively (which has a very small number of top tier recipes). The vast majority of furnishing recipes (well over a thousand) are found in all sorts of containers throughout the world, and also from things like pickpocketing and murder, certain vendors, humanoid enemies, and some other sources in the game. Also, recipe sourcing is influenced by region so if you are in Eastmarch for example, then you will see more Nord style furniture items recipes, and if you are in Alik'r, you should see more Redguard stuff. You will still find other recipes, but the local culture's recipes will be more common.

This is well thought through, and I like it. A few top tier recipes come from master writs, and most of the others can be bought from NPCs and found in the world. It makes sense and is immersive.

One thing I'm missing, though, is a full list or description of all the places to find these recipes. Which ones are sold where, which ones are obtained only through looting containers, which have to be bought from special vendors.

Same with the achievement furnishing and exclusive furnishing. Some are sold in various locations all over the world, some are form the exclusive NPC merchant in Coldharbour etc.

Generally we lack the full overview of furnishing vendors and recipe vendors - as well as the full list of furnishing and recipes. Currently it's just a big hit-or-miss to try and find them all, or find where they are located.

Will we get a full list in game so we can cross reference with that, much like the Lore Library has the full list of read books so you can always see which ones you know and which ones you lack? Considering that there are so many recipes and furnishing items, and that more will surely be added in the future, we need some way to be able to know which are found where.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was very disappointed to find that all the buildings with the exception of the 2 crown store only huge ones are nothing more than copies of existing buildings in the old world. I expected player housing to be unique (while incorporating the various racial styles) and AT LEAST as elaborate as some of the mansions to be found in the DLC zones. Instead it seems as if all time and effort was put towards figuring out how to monetize everything, especially the furnishings and decor and to make everything a huge gold sink. No effort at all was put towards the homes themselves. That being the case, there's no reason why ANY of them should cost more than a million gold. And all of the Large houses should have an additional basement floor you get to via trap door. The fact that the Daggerfall Overlook puts you directly into the ocean AND has not a single accessible balcony to enjoy the views from the upper floors is just terrible.

One thing I would VERY much like to see added is the ability to control the time of day within your own home. If I'm throwing a nighttime party... I'd like it to actually be nighttime outside my home. This, of course, would only apply to homes with outdoor areas. Please consider this feature!
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Jeshima
    Jeshima
    ✭✭
    Ninane wrote: »

Where is that list, @Ninane ?
  • Ninane
    Ninane
    Open the Housing Editor, and select 'Browse'. Along the upper right-hand side are several icons...the second one is "Purchase". That's where you find the list.

@Carbonised - I ran into an issue an issue where, if the property has an outdoor area, and you accidentally put it outside those boundaries (in this case, rotating a tree so it's trunk was hidden behind the wall) made the item unselectable and unretrievable.

That said - the blacksmithing one actually showed back up in my furniture inventory after I traveled and returned to the house. But I accidentally forced that one all the way through the wall and set it down because my cat decided to run across my desk. It went clearly out of bounds.

The tree however (this was the first case I ran into this) is a bit more quirky, as it didn't show back up in my inventory and is still visible from the lot. I can still see it, hanging over the edge of the fence, but it is unselectable and unretrievable. I suspect it has to do with it's base possibly being outside the boundary, while the rest is inside. But honestly, I really don't have any idea. :smile:
    Edited by Ninane on January 6, 2017 6:26PM
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why did all my skeletons disappear from my house?

I had 100 skeletons parked in my house last night (The Ebonheart Chateau) and when I went in this morning they are all gone and they haven't even been returned to my inventory, they're just gone. My partner has experienced the same thing with her items and her assistants/mounts disappearing overnight.

For attention of @ZOS_MandiParker and @ZOS_GinaBruno. :).
  • Vorkrunne
    Vorkrunne
    ✭✭✭
    We can't pick up/ mouse-over/ interact with the pictures in Gardner House.
  • Jeshima
    Jeshima
    ✭✭
    The Black Vine House in Malabal Tor is VERY close to the Silvenar Vale Dolmen. I set the dolmen in action today and ran over to the house to check the noise level, and I could not hear the noises from the dolmen when I was out in the garden, luckily enough. Is that a conscious choice, @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_MandiParker ? That you mute noise from outside the house when in the garden or the house? Or will that change?

Will the opposite also be the case, ie that people outside the house/garden/yard can't hear (or read) whats going on in the garden/house?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeshima wrote: »
    The Black Vine House in Malabal Tor is VERY close to the Silvenar Vale Dolmen. I set the dolmen in action today and ran over to the house to check the noise level, and I could not hear the noises from the dolmen when I was out in the garden, luckily enough. Is that a conscious choice, @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_MandiParker ? That you mute noise from outside the house when in the garden or the house? Or will that change?

Houses are likely in a different world space that only appears to be in the real world. You will likely never see anyone at all outside of the compound, in those places where you can see outside.

This means that the dolmen is not really even there.

It may also mean that you could enter your compound while the dark anchor is there and immediately turn around and exit, only to find that it has mysteriously vanished. Your dolmen only appeared in the Tamriel that you shared with a few hundred other players. In another "reality" of that zone, the dolmen might not be active. It all depends on how the game puts you back into the world when you leave your compound. Same reality, or just the next one that is available.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    I was very disappointed to find that all the buildings with the exception of the 2 crown store only huge ones are nothing more than copies of existing buildings in the old world.
    Agreed. It's definitely a shame. But I hope at least you weren't too surprised; I did say this would probably be the case! ;)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Sir_Xalvador
    Sir_Xalvador
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

I purchased some DC items in cyrodiil,
    like the banner for instance for my house I am looking to purchase, Old Mistveil Manor.
    I tried to place the banner outside but when I do it turns to EP.
    It should not matter what house we purchase if I buy a DC Banner it should be DC not turn into a banner
    of the Zone I am in...
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I purchased some DC items in cyrodiil,
    like the banner for instance for my house I am looking to purchase, Old Mistveil Manor.
    I tried to place the banner outside but when I do it turns to EP.
    It should not matter what house we purchase if I buy a DC Banner it should be DC not turn into a banner
    of the Zone I am in...
    I think this is a bug I've seen mentioned elsewhere. The DC banners are showing with EP textures, and the EP banners are showing with DC textures.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • CreepySpydre
    CreepySpydre
    ✭✭✭
    With the Daggerfall Manor I noticed a door in the basement of the castle that leads to the water below. In front is 2 rock sticking out of the water. As a person that grew up on the coast of BC, the first thing I want to do is swim to them. But you can't as you will be fish food. Its a small thing but could you move the slaughter fish area on the far side of them rocks.
    Just a thought =)
  • Daz_dingoeb17_ESO
    Daz_dingoeb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Ok here is what i didn't like so far

I can't believe that on a dlc such as Homestead which contains over 2000 new items to craft all of them in so many different sizes and styles there is still no way to preview them before making them on the crafting tables. I mean the armor and weapon preview is already a thing that should be in game but this?! i don't get it. No one found it necessary enough as a feature?

How are we supposed to know if we like the item before making it?(little side note here, it would be awesome if on editor mode we could see the name of the furniture we hover over so we know what we like and try to find the blueprint for it).

Also i am a master crafter with over 1500 hours played on my main character and still i found myself lost on how to make stuff or where with all those different categories for the furniture. You could have made them so much more easy to navigate. For example i would name them like this:

- Bedroom
    - Dining Room
    - Garden(or Outdoors)
    - Light Sources
    - Crafting
    - Miscellaneous

Now i think people will have to dust off some dictionaries to find out what your categories mean.

I don't say all this to be negative but i feel that maybe it needed a little more time than this, it has potential as a system but it left me with the impression that it's being rushed into the game to get it over with. People won't be happy to get charged for crown items when the system doesn't work properly. I Know its pts now and some things can change but i also know that in one month time nothing significant will. Thus i'm disappointed and this is coming from someone that spent over 200 hours only on settlement building on fallout 4. I didn't expect something similar but the fundamentals i mentioned above should be de facto in the system. I think most would agree with me that those things are a must have for the system of housing
    Uncle Sheo is the best
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have two different perspectives when it comes to player housing: individual housing and guild housing.

Based upon what I've seen so far on the PTS, Homestead is going to be a spectacular update. The amount of potential for individuality and creativity from person to person is literally boundless. But Homestead is a feature that caters to the individual. With the way it is on PTS right now, anyone who wants to contribute towards a "guild" hall would be devoting a massive amount of resources to something they can't even truly customize, nor do they own. They would contribute those resources to someone else's house (because it's literally tied directly to the owner's achievements only). Everything is such a huge investment (be it time or money) that the overwhelmingly vast majority of players cannot afford to really decorate and furnish their own home and contribute to a "guild" house.

Players trying to really contribute to a guild hall will forego the individual Homestead experience, because everything is monumentally expensive, either requiring vast sums of gold or time to obtain the necessary components. The house itself is feels rather cheap compared to the cost of the stuff we want to put in it. I can easily foresee investing more than a manor's worth of gold into just getting materials to make an item to put inside of said manor (for example, if you want a better chance at getting mastercraft writs/materials, you want all the motifs, and thus must sink hundreds of thousands of gold or dozens of hours into obtaining them). Don't get me wrong; our home should be an investment and should not be something we will fill up in a week's time and move on; this perspective is not without consideration for that concept.

The item limit for furnishings is too low for even one ESO+ member to be able to do everything they want - let alone an entire guild, big or small. My members will miss out on their own individual homestead experience if they try to contribute to any guild hall that we "share" - because the investment is monumental. I don't want my members missing out on furnishing and decorating their own homes because the vast majority of players simply cannot afford to contribute to a house they don't own in addition to their own.

Furthermore, the individual qualities and accomplishments of guild members are completely lost on said "guild" house. The ability to furnish it is directly and wholly tied to the achievements of the owner. That guy in my guild that actually went out and got Master Angler - he cannot share that in the guild hall. The owner (assuming the GM) has to have it in order to feature those furnishings related to Master Angler. The "guild hall" functionality does not really exist. The absolute best we can do is purchase a big house and dedicate it to the guild, allowing them to donate items they make for the owner to place, and nothing more. It's not really a guild hall if all you can do is visit it; at this point it's basically just a house that your guild has access to. It can function as a social hub or a crafting locale, but adding that functionality is still contingent upon the owner's achievements.

I do want to reiterate the individual housing perspective, however. This new system is incredibly robust, and affords the potential for a high level individuality, originality, and diversity from player to player. Unless done deliberately, no two homes are going to be the same, and everyone should have plenty of options to make the home that they truly want.
    Edited by Autolycus on January 6, 2017 8:08PM
  • davidlpiazzajrub17_ESO
    what about 3 estates will they be able to have more than 24 people in them i see gina said the manors are the daggerfall, ebenheart and serenty but if you look those are the 3 estates
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    Also I am disappointed in the availability of things to craft. Master writs drop somewhat rarely (8 writs, 2 characters, no drops). On top of that, many of the master writs I got from making a template require legendary mats. LEGENDARY. Are you aware that tempering alloy are currently 10k a piece? That means a master crafting writ that require legendary mats cost up to 80k gold to complete. Absurd.

There are no basic crafting items, like a table, chair or anything that a max level woodworker should be able to make right off the bat without blueprints.

Most of the furnishing recipes are found out in the world, not from the Master Writ vendor exclusively (which has a very small number of top tier recipes). The vast majority of furnishing recipes (well over a thousand) are found in all sorts of containers throughout the world, and also from things like pickpocketing and murder, certain vendors, humanoid enemies, and some other sources in the game. Also, recipe sourcing is influenced by region so if you are in Eastmarch for example, then you will see more Nord style furniture items recipes, and if you are in Alik'r, you should see more Redguard stuff. You will still find other recipes, but the local culture's recipes will be more common.

This is well thought through, and I like it. A few top tier recipes come from master writs, and most of the others can be bought from NPCs and found in the world. It makes sense and is immersive.

One thing I'm missing, though, is a full list or description of all the places to find these recipes. Which ones are sold where, which ones are obtained only through looting containers, which have to be bought from special vendors.

Same with the achievement furnishing and exclusive furnishing. Some are sold in various locations all over the world, some are form the exclusive NPC merchant in Coldharbour etc.

Generally we lack the full overview of furnishing vendors and recipe vendors - as well as the full list of furnishing and recipes. Currently it's just a big hit-or-miss to try and find them all, or find where they are located.

Will we get a full list in game so we can cross reference with that, much like the Lore Library has the full list of read books so you can always see which ones you know and which ones you lack? Considering that there are so many recipes and furnishing items, and that more will surely be added in the future, we need some way to be able to know which are found where.

Can't we just leave some things to be discovered?
  • Magister_Aena
    Magister_Aena
    ✭✭✭

This is really great, and is going to make my pickpocketing and murder sprees even better, but the issue is this info needs to be in the game. There's ingame popup tutorials detailing almost every aspect of pickpocketing and a menu dedicated to telling how to start each DLC, but not even in the Help menu section of housing does it explain that. Nowhere in the game does it explain which merchants have now had furnishings added to their inventory. Nowhere does it explain when placing an assistant or a crafting station and it's highlighted in the editor, you will not be able to use it. This info needs to be ingame somewhere. If you launch it as it is now, thousands of people are going to be confused, frustrated, and get a bad impression.

Please, just give us an ingame guide on furnishing and housing, like a lorebook or in the help menu. It's a great, in depth system, but we're lacking so much info.
    Character: Aena d'Eltorn
    Faction: Aldmeri Dominion
    Campaign: Thornblade

|

Character: Droz'Makal
    Faction: Ebonheart Pact
    Campaign: Blackwater Blade
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Autolycus wrote: »
    I have two different perspectives when it comes to player housing: individual housing and guild housing.

Based upon what I've seen so far on the PTS, Homestead is going to be a spectacular update. The amount of potential for individuality and creativity from person to person is literally boundless. But Homestead is a feature that caters to the individual. With the way it is on PTS right now, anyone who wants to contribute towards a "guild" hall would be devoting a massive amount of resources to something they can't even truly customize, nor do they own. They would contribute those resources to someone else's house (because it's literally tied directly to the owner's achievements only). Everything is such a huge investment (be it time or money) that the overwhelmingly vast majority of players cannot afford to really decorate and furnish their own home and contribute to a "guild" house.

Players trying to really contribute to a guild hall will forego the individual Homestead experience, because everything is monumentally expensive, either requiring vast sums of gold or time to obtain the necessary components. The house itself is feels rather cheap compared to the cost of the stuff we want to put in it. I can easily foresee investing more than a manor's worth of gold into just getting materials to make an item to put inside of said manor (for example, if you want a better chance at getting mastercraft writs/materials, you want all the motifs, and thus must sink hundreds of thousands of gold or dozens of hours into obtaining them). Don't get me wrong; our home should be an investment and should not be something we will fill up in a week's time and move on; this perspective is not without consideration for that concept.

The item limit for furnishings is too low for even one ESO+ member to be able to do everything they want - let alone an entire guild, big or small. My members will miss out on their own individual homestead experience if they try to contribute to any guild hall that we "share" - because the investment is monumental. I don't want my members missing out on furnishing and decorating their own homes because the vast majority of players simply cannot afford to contribute to a house they don't own in addition to their own.

Furthermore, the individual qualities and accomplishments of guild members are completely lost on said "guild" house. The ability to furnish it is directly and wholly tied to the achievements of the owner. That guy in my guild that actually went out and got Master Angler - he cannot share that in the guild hall. The owner (assuming the GM) has to have it in order to feature those furnishings related to Master Angler. The "guild hall" functionality does not really exist. The absolute best we can do is purchase a big house and dedicate it to the guild, allowing them to donate items they make for the owner to place, and nothing more. It's not really a guild hall if all you can do is visit it; at this point it's basically just a house that your guild has access to. It can function as a social hub or a crafting locale, but adding that functionality is still contingent upon the owner's achievements.

I do want to reiterate the individual housing perspective, however. This new system is incredibly robust, and affords the potential for a high level individuality, originality, and diversity from player to player. Unless done deliberately, no two homes are going to be the same, and everyone should have plenty of options to make the home that they truly want.

I think the key to a lot of that - which I agree with - is the pricing structure on the Crown Store. If it is truly an alternative option for buying and furnishing houses then it will complement the in-game gold purchases very well, and allow both those who don't farm/trade and those who cannot afford to pay in-game for both personal and guild housing to participate fully in the housing system. Alternatively, if the Crown Store prices are just silly - as many suspect - then the housing system may fall well below the expectations of both the players and ZOS.

I personally see the house purchase as being pretty much a loss-leader in the short term with the real gold sink and Crown revenue coming over the long term from the furnishings, but I suspect that ZOS are relying overly on the comparatively small number of gold multi-millionaires to provide the in-game gold sink and the even smaller number of real-life millionaires to provide the Crown Store revenue in respect of both the house purchases and their furnishings :smile: !

Just another reason why we need to know the likely Crown Store pricing structure if we are to provide effective feedback on the housing system.
    Edited by Tandor on January 6, 2017 8:23PM
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Enodoc Did you notice Mandi's post mentioning where you find the design plans in the world does in fact matter? https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3663062#Comment_3663062 I thought it was you I saw wondering that eariler
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Me and my girlfriend, have almost all or our toons married to each other. We did it when veteran ranks were still effective as to grind out our characters. No with the housing launch, we want our toons to share the house but we can't buy them jointly. With the prices, if we go all down, we can probably by 2 of the manors and work around 3rd one but then also only 1 of us will get the title.

Please do something about the married couples in the game...

A HOUSE IS NO HOME IF WITHOUT A PARTNER. and for this please do not force us to buy our separate houses. A count/ countess with no counterpart -(

* also, can you sleep on the beds or are they just a piece of furniture?
    Edited by UrbanMonk on January 6, 2017 8:37PM
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • lygerseye
    lygerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ToxicPAWS wrote: »
    Me and my girlfriend, have almost all or our toons married to each other. We did it when veteran ranks were still effective as to grind out our characters. No with the housing launch, we want our toons to share the house but we can't buy them jointly. With the prices, if we go all down, we can probably by 2 of the manors and work around 3rd one but then also only 1 of us will get the title.

A HOUSE IS NO HOME IF WITHOUT A PARTNER. and for this please do not force us to buy our separate houses. A count/ countess with no counterpart -(

Food for thought, ZOS: special housing permissions for characters wearing matching Rings of Mara.

Then you just need to add attorneys (available via the Crown Store!) for all the potential divorce proceedings. Full immersion for all the RPers!
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Very impressed with the different scales of the houses, there's a lot of variation.
    The crafting can be a little confusing, and as others have said, it would be nice to be able to preview what you are about to craft in some way. Unless of course every craftable item is also furniture you can purchase? In which case we only need the name.

In terms of trees and plants, will they only be crown? I hope not, I would like to spend gold on vegetation as well as other decorations.

I am very impressed with the Craglorn Cave and The Island. The cave is way better than anything I had been shown prior to exploring it myself. Its bigger, and there's a whole "indoor" section that no one had previewed before. I also love the fact that you can swim around the entire Volcanic Island!

I think it would be nice to have a way to furnish your house after you purchased it. I would also like to see a total number of furnishings that would come with a house in that way. Since you are able to use them in other places, you could potentially save money.

Right now the collisions around the boundaries of the homes seems very strict. There are plenty of places that you should be able to walk on, jump off, and stand. They really do stand out and enclose the area.

The decoration ui is pretty intuitive, I like that it can snap too. I love that you can pick and drop really quickly.

I would really love for there to be a way to select a special permission for one chosen guild. For instance, let's say I don't want to make a home chosen for my guild my "primary" one, but I DO want them to be able to travel there and use it when I am not online. A guild home option would be perfect. It can have the same permissions already in place, just allow us to choose only one guild to have a set home that you own.

Did you complete the initial quest to acquire your apartment? Did you run into any issues?
    I did not, I just used the given boxes that gave me all the homes to unlock them.
    Home Previewing
    Were you able to successfully preview a home and buy it with gold?

No as they were all unlocked for me and I cannot reset that to check the gold prices myself.
    How did you preview the home? Did you do it via the Crown Store, Collections UI, or just walk up to the door?
    Crown Store
    Were you able to figure out how to switch between previewing a furnished/unfurnished home?
    N/A but I have seen it done and it seems simple :)
    Furnishing Sourcing
    Were you able to purchase and place furnishings from Achievement Furnishers?
    Never found the achievement furnishers. And if I did I couldn't use them as its an empty character.
    Were you able to purchase furnishings from Zanil Theran the Luxury Furnisher?
    Haven't found him yet.
    Did you get any Undaunted Busts from dungeon bosses? If so, which one was your favorite?
    Can't yet until you transfer my main character with all its achievements.
    Specialty Furnishings
    Were you able to find the reprints of Shalidor’s Library books, place them, and read them?

Not yet.
    Did you understand how to use the various light sources?
    Yes.
    Were you able to sit on chairs, both in a home and throughout the world? Was it clear which chairs you could sit on?
    Yes in the home, but it was very buggy, most of the time my character instantly sat up.
    Were you able to allow or restrict other players to enter your home?
    Yes
    Did you duel inside your home? How was the experience?
    Haven't dueled.
    Did you like the housing-related achievements and titles?
    Yes they are fine!
    Which was your favorite home, and why?
    Between Old Mistveil Manor and Forsaken Stronghold. The stronghold is so huge!
    What did you think of the prices for each home?
    They are reasonable, although some of the smaller homes should be a little cheaper, ones that are listed as classic and yet you have no space outside or the house is small in general.
    Are you an ESO Plus member?
    Yes.
    Do you have any other general feedback?
    Above in my main message :)

Edit, added in the answers to the original questions, as I forgot! :)
    Edited by Glaiceana on January 7, 2017 10:19PM
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • david19979
    david19979
    ✭✭✭
    The whole housing system is nice, it feels good to have a place to go after adventuring all day. I am okay with the pricing, although I think the manors should be a million cheaper. I had a great time furnishing Daggerfall Overlook, but as a non-Eso plus member the 350 item limit is pretty low. I was only able to furnish it to a basic level, like placing rugs, light sources, cabinets, beds.. untill I hit the limit. What's the point of spending 3.7 million on a house where I can't give my personal touch to the place? It felt like someone earlier said, a big empty warehouse. The collectibes limit is pretty low too, it should increase twice the time with bigger houses. The furnitures requires a load of materials, I don't know how I feel about that right now. Out of all, Old Mistveil Manor is very disappointing. It's basically the medium nordic house with a balcony and a small garden. Compared to the other "big" houses, I think the Fighters Guild hall in Riften would be a better layout choice.

This would be a fantastic update, if the limitations were a bit smaller.
    Edited by david19979 on January 6, 2017 9:46PM
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lygerseye wrote: »
    ToxicPAWS wrote: »

Food for thought, ZOS: special housing permissions for characters wearing matching Rings of Mara.

Then you just need to add attorneys (available via the Crown Store!) for all the potential divorce proceedings. Full immersion for all the RPers!

The house will be easy enough to split on divorce, but good luck to the couple in deciding who gets which of the furnishings and decorations - and what happens to the achievements :wink: ?
  • princess_modsb16_ESO
    I love the designs of the houses, but found some of them very dark, especially at night. Some of the light placements were a bit odd - while I bought the houses furnished, I often moved lights around in the room to make them look a bit less gloomy.

I would also appreciate more in-game information on where/how to buy furniture.

As others have said, the lack of 'idle/wander' animation is a bit odd on the pets and servants - it would be really great if they could move around a little bit.

My favourite house is the palace built with the blood of a thousand pirates or whatever it was - I love the private beach! I did have trouble getting in and out of the pool, though, so would value some steps or a ladder. :smile:

It took me until my second house to notice the drop-down menu on whether to buy it furnished or unfurnished. I know it's clear once you see it's there, but it wasn't immediately clear, and the confirmation screen has a question mark which looks as though it should do something if you press it (like give another chance to change your mind) but it doesn't.

Additional thought: if you accidentally buy a house unfurnished, there doesn't seem to be a way to change your mind, which is unfortunate. I can appreciate the practical reasons why this would be, but if you do get any brainwaves on how to allow a mind-change, please remember this request.
    Edited by princess_modsb16_ESO on January 6, 2017 9:51PM
  • Aarlur
    Aarlur
    ✭✭✭
    On the map menu under home tag the Silent Magnifico saying its in Greenshade, and if I click on it, it takes me to Greenshade map, but the house is on a different area.

Many fireplace just too small for the cooking station, and there is nothing else we could put there. At least a some firelog would be nice.

We need a proper preview for the furnitures. In many cases I dont have a clue how big they going to be, or how they exactly look like.

The houses are nice, but they are just copy/paste other, already existing houses, inns and palaces.

The furniture making looks like a real pain in the neck, and expensive too. The crown prices are outrageous (50 crown for a decorative banana, 400 crown for a bed, etc).
  • GeraintMawr
    GeraintMawr
    ✭✭✭
    Housing is extremely bugged!
    Maxed out characters...
    DC Breton Sorcerer (hyper crafter - yes everything!)
    EP Argonian Templar Healer
    AD Bosmer Stamina Nightblade (ah well)
    AD Redguard Dragonknight Tank
    DC Altmer Sorcress
    DC Khajiit Magicka Nightblade Sap Tank
    DC Dunmer Pyromage
    DC Breton Magika Necro
    DC Imperial Templar Health Build
    DC Nord Stam Sorc
    All end game ...
    DC Khajit Stamina Necro
    Wardens, Stamplars and like that ...