The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

PTS Feedback Thread for Player Housing

• WaTeR-aBuSeR
    WaTeR-aBuSeR
    ✭✭✭✭
    Furniture should not take up space in inventory. Retrieving items from furnished housing fills up the players inventory and all of it is bound. No way can we store all this stuff unless we place it randomly all over the house. Players are going to have to buy houses just to store extra housing items lolol.
  • exiledtyrant
    exiledtyrant
    ✭✭✭
    **BUG**

Noticed my mail count go from 108( which I'm guessing is the limit) to 72 while entering my house. Mail went back up to 108 when leaving. After reading some mail within my house and leaving the mail count remained at the reduced rate of 69 ( I had opened 3 letters). This may lead to players with high mail counts being permanently deleted. May also lead to current mail being almost halved upon entering a house with the potential to lose mail altogether.

** On further examination the mail shortage appears to be triggered by interacting with the house editor. I placed an assistant in my home and then the mail dropped by almost half
    Edited by exiledtyrant on January 5, 2017 6:21AM
    If all are brethren
    How could my hands not tremble
    As breath fled my prey?

What blinds my vision?
    My hands are tools; it must be
    The haze of blossoms

-Salous the Penitent
  • WaTeR-aBuSeR
    WaTeR-aBuSeR
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really wish the houses didn't feel so claustrophobic. I know the outsides are instanced, but it would have been nice to have a decent few around the area instead of being boxed in. Even if I can't see other players, it would have been nice to see all around my house.
  • Lunachik
    Lunachik
    ✭✭✭
    Did you complete the initial quest to acquire your apartment? Did you run into any issues? I did the quest on my DC character. It wasn't very clear, but I figured it out. I think new players would benefit from more direction finding the NPCs for this, but it worked just fine.

Home Previewing
    Were you able to successfully preview a home and buy it with gold?
    I accidentally bought a house with crowns, so I guess I wasn't paying attention. lol I did get the starter 'room' though, and will try to buy one with gold next session.

How did you preview the home? Did you do it via the Crown Store, Collections UI, or just walk up to the door? I did it through the Crown store, because that was the first thing I saw. They all seemed to work fine. I then tried through the Collections tab, but got error notices, and in one case with Velothi home, I was kicked out of the game. I haven't tried walking up to house.

Were you able to figure out how to switch between previewing a furnished/unfurnished home? I didn't even know we could, so that would be , no. lol

Furnishing Sourcing
    Were you able to purchase and place furnishings from Achievement Furnishers? I haven't found the NPC yet.
    Were you able to purchase furnishings from Zanil Theran the Luxury Furnisher? see above.
    Did you get any Undaunted Busts from dungeon bosses? If so, which one was your favorite? N/A

Specialty Furnishings
    Were you able to find the reprints of Shalidor’s Library books, place them, and read them? Not yet

Did you understand how to use the various light sources? Yes.

Were you able to sit on chairs, both in a home and throughout the world? Was it clear which chairs you could sit on? I was able to sit on some chairs, yes. It was clear because I could not interact with some of them, but not at a glance. It was a bit weird not to be able to use some chairs.

Were you able to allow or restrict other players to enter your home? N/A
    Did you duel inside your home? How was the experience? N/A

Did you like the housing-related achievements and titles? I will have to check out more of them.

Which was your favorite home, and why? My faves were all the Redguard designed homes, which surprised me because I really love Dunmer architecture, but esp the Ebonheart Chateau, was so dreary outside, it turned me off, and the Velothi courtyard has a view of a large ugly rockface. :( Twin Arches is a decent size, and courtyard and deck area are nice for the price. Going bigger doesnt make much sense if I can't really use all the space due to item limits.

What did you think of the prices for each home? The prices are fine for the smaller homes imo. As far as the highest end items being worth the price, that's different. I think more than 1 million for any of them is too much. None of them were so utterly spectacular to me, that I gasped and said, 'omg, I need that, no matter how much it costs', and I couldn't place all my mounts and pets in even the largest home. I look forward to be utterly bowled over in the future. I have faith. :)

Are you an ESO Plus member? Yes.

Do you have any other general feedback? I would love many, many, more slots for items. If a fork is going to take up a slot, yeah, need more. I would love space for all my pets and mounts too, there are a ton of critters who need a home, I think it's a bit much to ask that I buy several homes in order to house them all, esp when some of these homes have large outside areas. I would like to be able to summon a pet in my home, and in larger ones, to ride my mount around the grounds. Having storage I can't use is depressing. Not having anywhere to display my armor and special weapons is making me sad as well. I think it should be clear in the item description that it is a static decoration, and not a usable piece. I was also a bit thrown by the zero trophies total on my character. Does this mean all the trophies I collected, over the yrs, are not available for me display? I would also love some kind of animations for my pets and mounts, let them wonder a bit. :)
    **Mara's Moxie * The Sidekick Order * Azura's Guidance *Hallowed Holes of Tamriel **
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where are we supposed to put bug reports for housing? The /bug feature hasn't been updated and I really can't see anywhere appropriate for the issues.
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 2200+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1700+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50
    Jadisa al-Belkarth - Redguard Arcanist looking for a role

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • bosmern_ESO
    bosmern_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It can be very annoying trying to mount things to walls if you try to snap it on.

When you try to snap an item to a wall it treats it as snapping it to the ground so it causes torches to point down and portraits/lanterns.

First picture is how it should snap onto walls:7o6a24nfagqw.png

Second is how they actually snap onto walls: c248zidfn8i5.png
    ~Thallen~
  • xXSilverDragonXx
    xXSilverDragonXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you complete the initial quest to acquire your apartment? Did you run into any issues?

I could not find this quest. Where is it? I could not interact with Malla at my apartment. What is an accolades vendor?

Home Previewing
    Were you able to successfully preview a home and buy it with gold?

No because the ones I looked at had requirements that I don't have time to complete to simply do this for testing purposes to help you. Pls fix that. I will try to find one that has no requirements that I have not met to test this.

How did you preview the home? Did you do it via the Crown Store, Collections UI, or just walk up to the door?

I used the crown store preview for several. I had some failed jump instances too that cost me over 1k gold in total. Might want to fix that somehow. I also walked up to the door for two that I am considering buying.

Were you able to figure out how to switch between previewing a furnished/unfurnished home? yes

Furnishing Sourcing
    Were you able to purchase and place furnishings from Achievement Furnishers?

yes. 1 crown. Sounds fair. Let's keep this up. :smile:

Were you able to purchase furnishings from Zanil Theran the Luxury Furnisher?

Nope. Where is he? I see nothing about this anywhere. I feel it should be obvious how to do this. Though it is late. I am tired. And also I am drying out after a long run on mead.

Did you get any Undaunted Busts from dungeon bosses? If so, which one was your favorite?
    I have no idea how to do this.

Specialty Furnishings
    Were you able to find the reprints of Shalidor’s Library books, place them, and read them?
    No.

Did you understand how to use the various light sources? yep

Were you able to sit on chairs, both in a home and throughout the world? Was it clear which chairs you could sit on? Yes

Were you able to allow or restrict other players to enter your home? No and believe me I searched. This should be intuitive and user friendly. I thought right clicking would give an option because that would flow with how all things are in this game for inviting, removing. But nope.

Did you duel inside your home? How was the experience? No. I hate dueling. Sorry.

Did you like the housing-related achievements and titles? I neither like nor dislike them.

Which was your favorite home, and why? Large home - bangkori. It was spacious. It was nice. It had a tower with a view. The last one sold me.

What did you think of the prices for each home?

They cost too much and I have now almost 7 million to toss at these places, but I am not the average player. Most players do not have the kind of gold they need for the large or medium houses so they will be relegated to the tiny ones or just not do it. And I wouldn't count on them spending crowns to get it. They might be angry at the cost and thereby refuse to give you real cash. You would be smarter to provide some unique furnishings in the store for varying prices and keep the house costs low in general.

You should give some kind of real estate deal. Make it promotional. Link it to any number of things. New player discount. Vet player discounts. Achievement discounts. If you must keep the prices what they are, you should find a very awesome way to give all sorts of different subsets of players who might not be playing the market of this game to make tons of gold a way to be able to afford a nice house. Fire sales! For Former Emperors. Discounts for heroes of wherever! Benefactors for some of the more noteworthy achievements at the very least because odds are they aren't going crazy selling things through five trader guilds but they are working their butts off in this game to get best in slot and be the best at it which in case you don't know it, costs a fortune (all that legendary stuff is not cheap and they probably just updated their gears in october and now will have to do it again).

Are you an ESO Plus member? yes

Do you have any other general feedback?

Where is the friend in need quest? Seriously. I cannot find it! That should be marked clearly on the map and should trigger upon the update!
    Edited by xXSilverDragonXx on January 5, 2017 6:08AM
  • Talek
    Talek
    ✭✭✭
    For me the most underwhelming thing is that all 3 manors are basically copypasta of generic big building in each alliance main cities, seriously such a lazy thing, i expected small/medium houses to be generic for each races but i thought that the icing on the cake of this whole homestead gonna be handcrafted - nope just push 1 button and copy a building, jobs done wait another 5 months for next update...

The only 2 locations that aren't lazy and boring are obviously the Island and Craglorn Cave - both crown only which should be expected.

Also, 700 items cap in a Manor when you can put 100 to the Inn room is a joke, i expected atleast 2,000-2,500. Overall i will probably stick to some small/medium house and don't bother much about this. Pretty sad that we missed more than half year of any content update for something like this.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It can be very annoying trying to mount things to walls if you try to snap it on.

When you try to snap an item to a wall it treats it as snapping it to the ground so it causes torches to point down and portraits/lanterns.

First picture is how it should snap onto walls:7o6a24nfagqw.png

Second is how they actually snap onto walls: c248zidfn8i5.png

@bosmern_ESO

You gotta snap that bad boy to the floor and then adjust it, is all. The snap for it assumes that the base is the bottom of the lantern, where the candle would sit, so if you want it to be accurate it's got to snap to a horizontal space, not a vertical one! It's a bit counter intuitive for sure but I prefer a bit of consistency over anything else.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My notes from initial testing:

Interactable Chairs.
    Chairs that you can't sit in will still show Sit with out the 'E' Use.
    Turning on a personality while seated simply causes me to stand. I was unable to interact with anything, chairs or even the door.
    I can not sit in a chair used by an NPC, but in certain places if they get up and walk off, I can have a seat. However, if the NPC returns, they will sit on me.

Preview
    It was difficult to figure how to preview through the crown store. I had to right click the image, then select 'preview' from a single item menu. I was unable to figure how to preview a furnished place. I also previewed places through the map and arriving there in person. With the latter it took me a while to notice the purchase option in the corner. With the crown store preview it wasn't clear how to get back. I accidentally logged out.

Quest
    Quest was quick and easy, had some moments of humor, and some flavor choices that fit different character's RP archetypes.

Furniture Seller
    The merchant in the Rosy Lion could have more interior items for sale.

Map
    I could use a check box to hide homes I don't own. Free port into Daggerfall is nice, though I also means a second loading screen.

Rosy Lion room
    Room is small, but the price is right. I put the a table, banner, and two assistants in there. But when I ported back in, the banker had disappeared. I know I set him right, because I withdrew my gold from him right after. I added a chandelier and a pet, but when I went to add the banker back it told me I had hit my limit. I hope that's a separate limit for pets and assistants because otherwise that's 5 items even with ESO plus.

Room Editor
    First look, it's good and functional. I was able to make my way through the crown store, my inventory and collections. (I will say though the "forge" under workshop is a bit misleading.) Controls, unlike the preview/purchase, were clear and centered. What I would like to see is a snap to surface or a better align. Lion guard banner would want to align perpendicular to the surface. Likewise, the chandelier aligns by the bottom rather than the chain.

Twin Arches (Small Redguard home)
    Bought this one furnished. I'm surprised just how much a small home can actually hold. I'm still a little sad the containers are all decorative only.

Manors and crown exclusive homes
    I long to be able to ride a horse in the courtyards. On a magical Templar it takes all my stamina to get around.
    Why does the DC manor have a hatch to the ocean?
    The island hideaway's location is different from where my cursor appears on the map while in preview.
    Edited by driosketch on January 5, 2017 7:32AM
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Lady_Rosabella
    Lady_Rosabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_JessicaFolsom I previewed each house using the Crown Store option. I also purchased every house, furnished, using crowns.
    One problem I saw while previewing furnishings to purchase with Crowns is that you cannot preview the entire item. For example, while previewing trees you could only see the bottom part of the trunk, not the entire tree, same goes for tents, statues, anything large: the preview will not let you see the entire item, therefore I would not buy any of those items that I cannot fully preview. Also a lot of the items like small lamps and such I was not able to preview due to the fact that they were stuck in the ground and only the top of them showing (in the preview screen). See pictures below.

Another problem I noticed is that, although you could sit on a lot of the furniture using the E (Use) key prompt, most of the houses were letting you sit but only for a split second then stand you right back up. And no this was not from moving to manually make yourself stand up this was instantly after sitting.

******And one last thing, and to me my most important feedback to this thread. My husband and I each plan on using Crowns to buy the furnished houses we want, and although all the house purchase screens displayed the in-game gold price that we can expect to pay, you really need to let those of us who plan on purchasing with Crowns know, IN ADVANCE, how much real life currency we need to save up in order to purchase the house we want when Homestead goes live. I think it would be in everyone's best interest if we could plan ahead, (as the people who will be buying with in-game gold are already doing), so that when it does go live people will have the money to buy Crowns and purchase the house they really wanted. I understand that there might be many people upset with the Crown prices and leave terrible feedback about how much real money it will cost them, but as you can see from the forums, you are already getting feedback from people who are upset with the gold prices of the houses so it wouldn't be a surprise. I just think it's only fair to the people who want to use real money to buy Crowns for the purchase of their house to know what the cost will be.

Please respond. And thank you!

Edited by Lady_Rosabella on January 5, 2017 7:58AM
  • sentientomega
    sentientomega
    ✭✭✭
    I just purchased the fully-furnished Sisters of the Sands Apartment, but I tried to enter it via the door I got kicked back to the login menu, and when I entered it after logging in again, all the furnishings were gone. :( I don't see any reason why that should've happened, as every house I've been able to buy with crowns has been purchased in that manner.

I've also noticed that an awful lot of seating cannot be used, and that most of the double beds are four-poster variety, making them impossible to lie on.

EDIT: This is weird, I just ported to the SotS Apartment again, and all the furnishings that were there before are now back? This is wonderful, but really strange. :S
    Edited by sentientomega on January 5, 2017 8:23AM
  • NovaShadow
    NovaShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please consider increasing the limit on pets/mounts allowed.

It was the main feature I was excited about, being able to display my favourites in my house. After previewing all the houses on offer I decided on a medium Orc house in Bangkoari only to discover there's a max of 3.

Seriously, only 3. I admit I have a lot but totally hoped I'd be able to display more than 3.

Please, please, re-consider the limit.

That aside, I love the the whole concept, designing, etc. Spent a decent hour decorating my free room with nothing but the cheap green decorations and it turned out nicely. Excited to do it on live.

*fingers crossed* not all decorations are purchased via crowns though.

Edit: A friend mentioned ESO+. Would it double my count? Think I read that somewhere, let my sub lapse over the holidays.
    Edited by NovaShadow on January 5, 2017 8:24AM
    PC NA - EPHS
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Timeline on formalized Guild Housing?
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can't walk up on the ledges on the edges of Craglorn Earthtear Cavern. The front opening also has slaughterfish at the edge, which is more understandable. Why are these ledges blocked off by invisible walls if there are solid rock walls right in front of me? I would love to be able to have sitting areas or decorations up on these ledges overlooking the large pool.

6b9PvKe.png
    Edited by NightbladeMechanics on January 5, 2017 8:54AM
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Nightblade Discussion:

Dragonknight Discussion:

Sorcerer Discussion:

Templar Discussion:

Warden Discussion:

TONKS!

Werewolf Discussion:

Vampire Discussion:
  • kwisatz
    kwisatz
    ✭✭✭✭
    dws90 wrote: »
    [*] It would be nice if pets and mounts could roam a bit instead of standing there like statues.

+1
    And it would be awesome if we could place more than one of each (I tried to give my monkey pet friends, so it's so lonely since beta times...)

I don't especially mind about extra storage, but I would love to show my favorite stuff: mannequins or statues wearing my armors (like a copy for exposition, I don't ask for free inventory space; we had something like that long time ago, back in Guild Wars the first), weapon racks (again, I would like to have the ability to duplicate my favorite weapons only for decoration purpose).

I found the big khajiit bed has no collision.
  • NovaShadow
    NovaShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pets/Mounts aren't staying in the houses/places where I placed them.

My monkey wasn't there when I returned to my starter room.

My elk/tiger/nixad weren't there when I returned to my medium orc home.

Aren't they meant to stay put once you place them?
    PC NA - EPHS
  • Vorkrunne
    Vorkrunne
    ✭✭✭
    Canopy beds are useless. We cannot get our characters to jump into them so we can type in /sleep

Please give us a way to lay down on canopy beds.
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Could we purchase some tapestries and other pieces with which to decorate our homes that have guild TABBARD SYMBOLS on them? I want to allow members of my little guild as visitors in my home to make it our guild house, and I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE to have a giant tapestry with our guild symbol on the wall.
    Edited by NightbladeMechanics on January 5, 2017 9:29AM
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend

Apex Predator.

Nightblade Discussion:

Dragonknight Discussion:

Sorcerer Discussion:

Templar Discussion:

Warden Discussion:

TONKS!

Werewolf Discussion:

Vampire Discussion:
  • Vorkrunne
    Vorkrunne
    ✭✭✭
    This chair on the second story of Strident Springs Demesna is one of several that makes characters stand up as quickly as they sit down.

I've moved the chair far away from the desk, but I still can't sit down on it.
  • Vorkrunne
    Vorkrunne
    ✭✭✭
    Your bears are cats XD

Category misplacement.
  • sentientomega
    sentientomega
    ✭✭✭
    I went with a fine-tooth comb over every furnished preview, Silent Magnifico's House is apparently bed-free, I hope a bed is added in the furnished house formula for that one soon.

From what I saw, there are two night stands, and two cushions just hanging in the air, where a bed's supposed to be.
    Edited by sentientomega on January 5, 2017 9:55AM
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wizzo91 wrote: »
    To purchase the homes you need specific achievements unlocked on the character performing the purchase.
    Litte offtopic.. but we need account wide achievements!
    That would be unnecessary, since you have account-wide houses.

UrQuan wrote: »
    I haven't had much of an opportunity to dig into housing yet, but initial impressions:
    1. I previewed a bunch of the homes from the crown store menu. It was very counter-intuitive that you switch between previewing the unfurnished & furnished versions by first using the "buy" option. The wording on the "buy" option should be changed to something like "buy/change preview mode"
    Agreed. It takes the same place as "Housing Editor" after you buy it, so maybe for a similar length of text it should say "Preview Options" or "Preview & Purchase".

Vidahr wrote: »
    When we Hover over an item or Grab it while in House Editor mode, can we get a tooltip somewhere that displays what the item actually is? Like, it would be great to have a name pop up somewhere on the screen when I hover over it, about to grab it.
    That would be good, agreed.

Vorkrunne wrote: »
    Even after reading this, it took me a while to figure out that I simply close the window after selecting "Furnished" without hitting any other buttons if I simply wish to preview the home without buying it.
    I couldn't even work out how to close the window. Usually pressing "Alt" will do that, but not this time! There needs to be a keybind prompt for how to close the preview settings. Please bind it to "Alt" or "X", like usual.

Vorkrunne wrote: »
    Please consider allowing us to return to our original location via a button located on our screen.

The doors stating we will be let out in front of the house/outdoors should properly lead to the area they say they are leading us to.

If I want to see what the homes look like from the outside, I have to travel to these locations.
    Agreed. The front doors absolutely need to go to the outside of the houses. But you also need a way to go back to where you were.

OR, upon activating the "Exit" door, throw a popup which gives you "F - Leave House (Grahtwood)" / "R - Select Wayshrine". That wouldn't get you back to where you were, but it would allow you to go anywhere.

If it's not possible to throw up a popup on the door, then make the doors lead to the outside and give us a personal house wayshrine (maybe as a furnishing item?).

Pandorii wrote: »
    It took me a while to figure out how to craft furniture, so for the sake of ease, I was buying them with crowns for atrocious costs of like 400 crowns for a purple quality chair. Apparently, it's from provisioning tables and alchemy tables, which really didn't make sense. Why would I make a wooden table anywhere other than the woodworking station?
    Agreed. I saw no intuition behind it either. There were some plans at the Alchemy table, for example, which required Potency Improvement and Metalworking; no mention of Solvent Proficiency at all! But I did use the "All Furnishing Plans" item from the templates, so theoretically I have all the possible options available, so maybe I can make a list of where you go to craft everything (that's going to take forever).

UrQuan wrote: »
    Oh, you know what housing really needs? An item in the crown store that you buy for free (like the New Life Festival scroll) that's called something like The Tamriel Guide To Home Ownership.
    Agreed. Or just send the whatever-it-is item in the mail, like the Undaunted Enclave Invitation. The system needs to be easily accessible using the "immersive" routes as well as the UI routes. I also had no idea how to start it without reading the Patch Notes (it's also in the Help Tutorials, but my guess is that nobody reads those either).

I can't preview the Grand Topal Hideaway because of a "Jump failed. Instance is full." error.
    Are you throwing me into the same instance as the other people previewing it?
    This was happening since PTS just opened and everyone was basically jumping into homes immediately. The issue should be resolved by now, but if you're still running into the issue, just keep trying and you'll eventually get there.
    So it's gonna be a problem as more players buy these homes cause of how it's instances when going live?
    (Asking based on context?)
    Annalyse wrote: »
    I'm getting a lot of "instance full" messages when I try to preview smaller homes.
    I saw a Dev comment earlier that suggested something like this occurs when the instance is full.
    So it seems on top of the player count in your home, as more and more players use houses the instance fills up.
    I hope I'm interpreting it correctly. If not sorry but keep trying to get in until it stops saying full
    Each time a player enters a house it should spin up a new instance, rather than filling up the same one. I can't believe everyone's houses are just layer phases in the same instance? My guess is that it couldn't cope with the number of instances it was being asked to spin up at once, so it wasn't so much that the instance was full, as that it couldn't create new ones fast enough.

Furniture should not take up space in inventory. Retrieving items from furnished housing fills up the players inventory and all of it is bound. No way can we store all this stuff unless we place it randomly all over the house. Players are going to have to buy houses just to store extra housing items lolol.
    Agreed. I was really not expecting them all to be put into the same inventory as everything else. (There's over 2000 new items and no new bag space? Ludicrous.) There needs to be a new inventory tab, like Quest Items, where Furnishings can go without taking up space. Or better yet, just send them straight to the Housing Editor and don't put them in the inventory at all, then when it comes to selling/trading the items, add a new top-level tab for Furnishings.

**BUG**

Noticed my mail count go from 108( which I'm guessing is the limit) to 72 while entering my house. Mail went back up to 108 when leaving. After reading some mail within my house and leaving the mail count remained at the reduced rate of 69 ( I had opened 3 letters). This may lead to players with high mail counts being permanently deleted. May also lead to current mail being almost halved upon entering a house with the potential to lose mail altogether.

** On further examination the mail shortage appears to be triggered by interacting with the house editor. I placed an assistant in my home and then the mail dropped by almost half
    This is an issue to do with the fact that the game tries to send you thousands of "Rewards for the Worthy" mails immediately when you create a template character, due to the sudden drop of 10,000,000 AP into your inventory. I don't think it has anything to do with housing. (Perhaps it would be better if AP came in a bag for template chars, like Tel Var Stones, then they can be ignored.)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Initial feedback after touring nearly every single home. I am an ESO Plus member.

Cannot extinguish hanging lamps. Some chairs make you get up as soon as you sit. You cannot get onto beds with canopies.

Placing items is a little tricky but I got the hang of it fairly easily.

Some of your gold prices are completely insane.

What possessed you to make the trapdoor in the Daggerfall Overlook to open directly into the ocean? I was sooo excited when I first saw it, thinking, "Oh wow! It has a DUNGEON!" But no... it just dumps you in the ocean. Could we PLEASE at least get a little strip of BEACH there?

Each thumbnail description NEEDS to tell you what the player cap is for that house. We NEED to know how many players the Medium and Small houses hold!
    Edited by MornaBaine on January 5, 2017 11:15AM
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

SO agree with this! Furniture needs its own storage like the crafter's bag for ESO Plus members.

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could we purchase some tapestries and other pieces with which to decorate our homes that have guild TABBARD SYMBOLS on them? I want to allow members of my little guild as visitors in my home to make it our guild house, and I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE to have a giant tapestry with our guild symbol on the wall.

THIS needs to happen!

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

******And one last thing, and to me my most important feedback to this thread. My husband and I each plan on using Crowns to buy the furnished houses we want, and although all the house purchase screens displayed the in-game gold price that we can expect to pay, you really need to let those of us who plan on purchasing with Crowns know, IN ADVANCE, how much real life currency we need to save up in order to purchase the house we want when Homestead goes live. I think it would be in everyone's best interest if we could plan ahead, (as the people who will be buying with in-game gold are already doing), so that when it does go live people will have the money to buy Crowns and purchase the house they really wanted. I understand that there might be many people upset with the Crown prices and leave terrible feedback about how much real money it will cost them, but as you can see from the forums, you are already getting feedback from people who are upset with the gold prices of the houses so it wouldn't be a surprise. I just think it's only fair to the people who want to use real money to buy Crowns for the purchase of their house to know what the cost will be.

Please respond. And thank you!

Yes, PLEASE publish the crowns/real money prices. Those of us who have not saved up insane amounts of gold and/or plan to purchase multiple houses really deserve to know what we are looking at in terms of price. Even if you haven't made an absolute determination we KNOW you've got your ballpark figured out. SO give us that with the caveat, "Prices subject to change at launch." Heck, I'm HOPING some of your outrageous gold prices change before launch!

• agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    First and foremost, this is excellent!! Great job.

Two pieces of feedback:-

1. Where there is an exit to the sea / shore, for example Daggerfall Overlook's trapdoor to Overlook Shore, it would be great to remove the Slaughterfish so that it is possible to swim to civilisation. Otherwise, I'm not sure I see the point in having the access point.

2. Where there are expanses of water, such as ponds, lakes, and rivers, within the boundaries of the home, please include fishing capability. It seems like some of the waterways within the boundaries of the houses are crying out for fish!

Thanks.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    Each thumbnail description NEEDS to tell you what the player cap is for that house. We NEED to know how many players the Medium and Small houses hold!
    Agreed. Somewhere, before purchase, we need to know:
    • Player cap
    • Furnishings cap
    • Trophy Collectibles cap
    • Other Collectibles cap
    There's a lot of empty space in the Preview Settings/Purchase window when you're in the house, so this would probably be the best place for it.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • eldae
    eldae
    ✭✭✭
    Firstly, I am really pleased with this update, I love the houses and the variety, the prices seem mostly reasonable (even if the large / notable houses are currently out of my reach). I like that there is a large amount of housing items obtainable in game (and I hope that continues with future DLC/updates, that we get a mix of in-game and crown store items).

- the Mara's kiss inn room is tiny - it could do with being slightly bigger. Some of the small houses could also do with being just slightly bigger.
    - some basic recipes need to be included as standard. A basic set of items across disciplines so that you can put a bedroll down, a chair, a light, a shelf for example.
    - why aren't the housing items associated with an achievement on the achievement screen? That's where I expected to see them (along with the titles / dyes). I'm not sure why these aren't an actual item reward rather than just giving you the ability to buy them.
    - furniture items which are crown store exclusive (if there are any - I guess yes?), need to be marked some way. I don't mind them being available there as well, I just want to knowingly make a choice on how I obtain items.
    - are blocks etc crown store only? why?
    - chairs are a bit hit and miss / finicky. (being able to sit in chairs is fab though!)
    - previewing is really awkward for large items.
    - a proper preview is also needed for crafted items
    - item caps by category per house should be clearer.
    - I'm probably being completely dim, but the housing item / achievement merchants are not obvious to find.
    - I wish there was a Bosmer home with a water feature, like a waterfall (this does fall into the category of not being able to please everyone!)
    - I also wish that that containers had some storage (even 10 slots per container with a max overall limit would work)
    - final wish (for now!) that we could have armour mannequins / weapon displays.