The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PTS Feedback Thread for Player Housing

• bugmom
    bugmom
    ✭✭✭✭

This is the official feedback thread for player housing! Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
    Did you complete the initial quest to acquire your apartment? Did you run into any issues?

Had a hard time figuring out how to get the quest, where to go, etc. Had to look it up online. I've been in game since shortly after launch and I rarely go to Davons Watch anyone, or to that bank.

Home Previewing
    Were you able to successfully preview a home and buy it with gold?

Didn't have enough gold to buy one so bought through crown store.

How did you preview the home? Did you do it via the Crown Store, Collections UI, or just walk up to the door? All three but prefer the crown store UI. The collections tab is just a long list whereas crown store is nicely organized by price range. If I were newer to game it would be fun to find houses while exploring but I've done all the base zone quests multiple times already. Also collections UI is confusing as it lists requirements for purchase which seems to imply that you haven't met them yet (I.e., some say "available for purchase" while others list requirements.

Were you able to figure out how to switch between previewing a furnished/unfurnished home? No, had to look it up. Furnishings and placement don't all make sense. One house didn't have a bed in it anywhere. Too much piles of junk.

Furnishing Sourcing
    Were you able to purchase and place furnishings from Achievement Furnishers? Yes.

Were you able to purchase furnishings from Zanil Theran the Luxury Furnisher? Yes
    Did you get any Undaunted Busts from dungeon bosses? If so, which one was your favorite? No but I don't have those achiements.

Specialty Furnishings
    Were you able to find the reprints of Shalidor’s Library books, place them, and read them? Yes but they are stupid expensive. I won't buy at that price for what they are.

Did you understand how to use the various light sources? Yes but houses are too dark inside.

Were you able to sit on chairs, both in a home and throughout the world? Was it clear which chairs you could sit on? Yes and yes.

Were you able to allow or restrict other players to enter your home? Didn't try this feature.

Did you duel inside your home? How was the experience? Did not try.

Did you like the housing-related achievements and titles? Yes, fine.

Which was your favorite home, and why? Liked several - the island of course, Hundings. House in windhelm due to location.

What did you think of the prices for each home? Way too expensive for what you get. It is deadly quiet in there, no life forms, no music and really nothing much to do. I loved all my houses in Skyrim and fallout games. These ESO houses are gorgeous but just sort of dead inside. So the cost to value is just not there yet.

Are you an ESO Plus member? Yes

Do you have any other general feedback? It is a good start but has a long way to go. Many costs too high. For example as a master crafter I could buy signs that say "blacksmith" or whatever but they were $5000 gold! Seems like the reward for getting the achievement should be getting the sign itself rather than the privilege to spend gold for it. I paid 400 crowns for the blacksmithing workshop but you can't use it for blacksmithing! I realize that there are a few top tier traders who are siting on millions in gold but there are also many of us who have been off doing PvP or whatever. I don't think I've ever had more than $150 k in gold at one time. Maybe if I were just starting out in game it would be fun, slowly acquiring furniture but I've been through the zone quests soooo many times already and I don't think a stupid sign is worth 5 k gold.

Tie things better to game content. I'm a master angler. Did it way back in the beginning when fishing was good for nothing but looking at the scenery. Would love to put my rare fish on the wall (but not for 5k, lol). Or, as a master crafter I would love to put armor sets and weapons on display or line some shelves with crafted potions and food. Let me hire a bard or a housekeeper. Let my pets wander around. It doesn't all have to be free but you've gotten greedy ZOS. The prices on PTS are too high.

• bugmom
    bugmom
    ✭✭✭✭
    One other thought for the future related to guild housing. One of my guilds is thinking about using our guild money to buy a house (even though only 24 of us can be in it at a time.). Problem I have with that is that players come and go, including guild GMs and right now houses are tied to account. I think it would be very useful and avoid problems if houses could also be tied to guild.
  • Lionheartt
    Lionheartt
    Soul Shriven
    This is the official feedback thread for player housing! Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
    • Are you an ESO Plus member?
    • Do you have any other general feedback?

I am an ESO Plus member.

I noticed that the "advertisement" for the Hammerdeck End home mentions the spacious deck and it looks awesome. But the exterior areas are in the world and are not part of the home instance so they cannot be decorated.
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Annya Lionheart - Sorcerer - PC/NA

• princess_modsb16_ESO
    OK, I went back in and was a little disappointed to see that my 'people' (merchant, banker) had disappeared when I left the building. Those huge houses do seem really lonely with no pets or people in them.

On the plus side, I revisited Earthtear cavern and found the bedroom, which is not easy to find - to the extent where I wondered if a bed hadn't spawned and initially reported it as a bug, assuming that there'd have to be a bed in anything referred to as a 'house'!

It's all really beautiful, but it seems a shame that there's no easy way to reach the bedroom without my toes getting wet.
    Edited by princess_modsb16_ESO on January 6, 2017 11:20PM
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    @Enodoc Did you notice Mandi's post mentioning where you find the design plans in the world does in fact matter? https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3663062#Comment_3663062 I thought it was you I saw wondering that eariler
    It wasn't me, and I can't remember who it was either, but I did notice that, thanks!
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • SorataArisugawa
    SorataArisugawa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    I was very disappointed to find that all the buildings with the exception of the 2 crown store only huge ones are nothing more than copies of existing buildings in the old world.
    Agreed. It's definitely a shame. But I hope at least you weren't too surprised; I did say this would probably be the case! ;)

I like this fact! I like that you get no extra way, that you in a way a owner like everone else. Thats a huge plus for me!

Problem is, that they have used some of the larger ones. For example the biggest nord house is not the biggest possible nord house in the game. That is sad.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • DamnitDawn
    DamnitDawn
    ✭✭
    Would LOVE to be able to ride my mounts around outside one of my palatial estates.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    @Enodoc Did you notice Mandi's post mentioning where you find the design plans in the world does in fact matter? https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3663062#Comment_3663062 I thought it was you I saw wondering that eariler
    It wasn't me, and I can't remember who it was either, but I did notice that, thanks!
    I found who was asking. It was @Dominoid :)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you place pets , assistants and mounts they just remain stationary?? Please allow them some roaming or movement room for flow while you are at your house.
  • DamnitDawn
    DamnitDawn
    ✭✭
    The waterfall at Earthtear Cavern is intermittently deadly. Was this intentional?
    Screenshot of slaughterfish eating off mah toes.
    Edited by DamnitDawn on January 6, 2017 11:58PM
  • DamnitDawn
    DamnitDawn
    ✭✭
    Down in a hole...

Stuck in Earthtear Cavern. Was just perusing the perimeter...
    Edited by DamnitDawn on January 6, 2017 11:58PM
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was very disappointed to find that all the buildings with the exception of the 2 crown store only huge ones are nothing more than copies of existing buildings in the old world.
    Agreed. It's definitely a shame. But I hope at least you weren't too surprised; I did say this would probably be the case! ;)

I don't know that I entirely get this complaint. Has no one wanted to take existing set pieces and recreate that pub or castle scene?
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two inconsistencies; one is UI, the other is a prerequisite, I'm assuming both are bugs:

UI: In the Crown Store, all the "Large" houses are listed as "Notable", but in the Collections, the "Large" houses are all "Classic". For consistency, they should be "Notable" across the board.

Prerequisites: All Large houses require their zone's "Adventurer" achievement to unlock, except "Gardner House", the Breton house in Wayrest. Instead of the expected requirement of "Stormhaven Adventurer", that one requires "Rude Awakening", which would be the requirement for a Medium house in this zone.
  • Fudly_budly
    Fudly_budly
    ✭✭✭✭

[*] Did you complete the initial quest to acquire your apartment? Yes. good patch notes. Did you run into any issues? No. Because I read patch notes.
    [*] Home Previewing
    • Were you able to successfully preview a home and buy it with gold? Yes.
    • How did you preview the home? Did you do it via the Crown Store, Collections UI, or just walk up to the door? All three ways. all worked.
    • Were you able to figure out how to switch between previewing a furnished/unfurnished home? No.
    [*] Furnishing Sourcing
    • Were you able to purchase and place furnishings from Achievement Furnishers? Yes.
    • Were you able to purchase furnishings from Zanil Theran the Luxury Furnisher?Yes.
    • Did you get any Undaunted Busts from dungeon bosses? If so, which one was your favorite? Have no achievements
    [*] Specialty Furnishings
    • Were you able to find the reprints of Shalidor’s Library books, place them, and read them? Didn't try.
    • Did you understand how to use the various light sources? Yes. there should be more.
    • Were you able to sit on chairs, both in a home and throughout the world? Yes. Was it clear which chairs you could sit on? Yes.
    [*] Were you able to allow or restrict other players to enter your home? Yes.
    [*] Did you duel inside your home? How was the experience? My home is at least ONE PLACE WHERE DUELS NEVER HAPPEN!!
    [*] Did you like the housing-related achievements and titles? Yes.
    [*] Which was your favorite home, and why? Black Vine Villa is awesome! Great Price! I love Malabal Tor. Favorite zone.
    [*] What did you think of the prices for each home? IN-game gold home prices are fair, Achievement requirement are fair. Crown price of 1 Crown is extraordinary. Nicely done! :)
    [*] Are you an ESO Plus member? Yes for now and until March 2017. Might renew. Depends on you ZOS...
    [*] Do you have any other general feedback? The amount of mats needed for home crafting needs to be scaled way back as well the cross discipline high crafting levels. There's nothing magical about a street lamp... why do I need enchanting proficiency 4? And 25 trait stones? And 9 honing stones? Really? Seriously?
    A few more things...
    Why did Daggerfall bank guard get rotated 30 degrees to left? Why can't I loot the drawers next to the throne in Daggerfall Palace? Why can't I fast travel from my home to wayshrines for free? Why don't housing mats drop in every mat resource node instead of the current 20-30% drop rate? Why aren't blueprints and designs available from pick pocketing?
    There will be more feedback...
    Rule #1: RL trumps gaming.
    Rule #2: True immersion is RL.
    Rule #3: RL lag is wonderful.
    Rule #4: People matter. Pixels do not.
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we previously completed these dungeons will we receive mail with the busts in them?
  • david19979
    david19979
    ✭✭✭
    Some things I forgot earlier about Daggerfall Overlook: The hatch which leads down to the ocean makes no sense, there should be a nice little coast there like one with the big redguard house. One more thing, half of the area around the windows in the throne room is inaccesible, you cant go there or place items. I have no idea why is there an invisible wall.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »
    I don't know that I entirely get this complaint. Has no one wanted to take existing set pieces and recreate that pub or castle scene?
    The Breton Manor is the biggest culprit. It's got so many peripheral bits visible from the outside that you just can't get to from the inside. In fact, the traversable space inside just doesn't match the shape of the building on the outside. There's a balcony running along the front, for example, between the two towers and around the front of a bay window above the door. But inside, that facade is flat. The balcony should be accessible from an upstairs landing, but the landings aren't attached to the front wall inside. There's a window on the top floor at the front of the building, but the staircase doesn't go that high.
  • Hookgrin
    Hookgrin
    ✭✭✭
    I am very disappointed by the overall claustrophobic feel of the houses. ESO is a beautiful open world game.

I was looking forward to sitting in my garden patio in Auridon looking out at the cherry trees, but...

The only home in Auridon overlooks a town and it cost a million, so I won't be getting it.

I looked forward to watching the deer jump about among the fall colors of the birch forest of the Rift, but...

The one home there that is not a 3 mil manor is surrounded by tall walls that you can barely see the top of a couple of trees near the wall.

I looked forward to wandering my snow covered yard, worrying about the weight of all that snow on the roof of my home in northern Eastmarch, but...

The only home in the north doesn't even have an outdoor area and like all of the houses does not have real windows that you can even look out of, very claustrophobic.

Then I visited the Cyrodilic Jungle house, there is a small section of the wall with rod iron, you can actually see the whole Baandari Trading Post below. And the Twin Arches home, there is a raised section that if you turn the camera just right you can see the open world over the wall. Some other homes have light posts you can stand on and jump up and see a little of the world beyond.

Some of the large homes and Manors have second floor patios that allow you to see farther over the wall, but the wall still cuts off the view of the area around the home.

Why are most of the houses cut of from the viewing the open world when they are actually in it?

Why do some houses have doors on the upper floor that lead to nowhere and instead make you leave your house instance? Why can't you go on top of the Redguard style houses, the door to the roof causes you to leave the instance.

I get the impression that the world building team was busy making all the furnishings so they had the dungeon team make the houses!

(OK, those are all rhetorical questions. I know why they did it that way. It is just lazy. The correct way to do this might have taken another month or two, but would have maintained the openness that ESO deserves. The houses that players can walk up to are surrounded by walls so that the game does not have to display the contents of your yard because they are not loaded into the open world instance, but with just a little more work they could be. Using private instances to load your yard is just the quick and easy way to do it.)
    Edited by Hookgrin on January 7, 2017 3:02AM
  • Gift_Of_Galadriel
    The assistants should have full access in the houses.

The banker should let you access guild bank (ONLY WHEN IN HOUSE)
    The smuggler should charge no fee and allow laundering (ONLY WHEN IN HOUSE)
    Nuzimeh the murchant should let you repair (ONLY WHEN PLACED IN THE HOUSE)

After spending so much $ On these assistants, we should have full access when we are in the house because porting to a house also encounters a loading screen, and would be useless to go to if these features are not implemented.
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    david19979 wrote: »
    Some things I forgot earlier about Daggerfall Overlook: The hatch which leads down to the ocean makes no sense, there should be a nice little coast there like one with the big redguard house. One more thing, half of the area around the windows in the throne room is inaccesible, you cant go there or place items. I have no idea why is there an invisible wall.
    The hatch is to get back from the ocean...
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • The_Undefined
    The_Undefined
    ✭✭✭✭
    Posting this here b/c the other thread was for crafting:

The crown store prices are absolutely outrageous. They're not even expensive, they're insane. 400 crowns for the price of a purple mug... 400 crowns for a bed.

LOWER THESE PRICES!

The cost of these items should start at seriously - 1crown. They should be increased by increments of 2 - 5 crowns. The cap should be at 150 - 200 crowns for the very large prestigious items such as canopy beds or the likes.

If you want to charge prices of 500 - 1000 crowns then put in special model dummies (not just skeles but maybe a troll model or a stand with armor) but not regular items.

CHANGE THESE PRICES! You're not going to get anyone to buy them Even if you do find players to buy them, you're just going to alienate your fanbase more with the cash shop.

People WILL buy furniture from the crownstore if the prices are reasonable and 400 crowns for a cup or a candle is absolutely ludicrous.
    Edited by The_Undefined on January 7, 2017 5:59AM
  • xXSilverDragonXx
    xXSilverDragonXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do I place furniture?
  • evedgebah
    evedgebah
    ✭✭✭
    There is a disparity over Legendary (Gold) allocation by zone: Bankorai, Gratwood, Greenshade, Reaper's March, The Rift, and none of the starter islands (EP doesn't even have purples!). This makes me sad. It appears as though all achievements are represented, but no item "worthy" of gold status was made?
  • OMA
    OMA
    ✭✭✭
    I purchased the Ebonheart Chateau, FURNISHED with crown and got Zero furniture. No amount of reloadui , relogging, changing characters, rebooting the game, rebooting the character made any difference. The house was empty. I have video of the moment I purchased it and confirmed that I did indeed select the furnished option.
  • Zlater
    Zlater
    ✭✭✭
    Here is a BUG
    You cannot recall to your house from a cyrodiil wayshrine, you must first recall to a wayshrine then to your home.
    Ask for an invite to the greatest network of guilds ever. Redfur Trading, Redfur Exchange and Redfur Army!

www.redfurconnect.com
  • OMA
    OMA
    ✭✭✭
    Initial Quest for Homestead issue:

Location of the Furnishing Vendors, while it is a part of the final quest to "buy from a vendor", "buy from a guild store" or "craft" a furniture item, they did not give an location indicator for the furnishing vendors. Only in Daggerfall are they even in the same zone city with the Real Estate Broker. In Auridon the Furnishing Vendor is inexplicably over in Skywatch. If people are new to the game they won't even know where that is or that they even have to go that far to find the vendor. Stonefalls one has to travel over to Ebonhart first to find that one as well. It's not intuitive and there is no marker that sends you to the correct location to get your introduction to the furnishing vendors.
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Posting this here b/c the other thread was for crafting:

The crown store prices are absolutely outrageous. They're not even expensive, they're insane. 400 crowns for the price of a purple mug... 400 crowns for a bed.

LOWER THESE PRICES!

The cost of these items should start at seriously - 1crown. They should be increased by increments of 2 - 5 crowns. The cap should be at 150 - 200 crowns for the very large prestigious items such as canopy beds or the likes.

If you want to charge prices of 500 - 1000 crowns then put in special model dummies (not just skeles but maybe a troll model or a stand with armor) but not regular items.

CHANGE THESE PRICES! You're not going to get anyone to buy them Even if you do find players to buy them, you're just going to alienate your fanbase more with the cash shop.

People WILL buy furniture from the crownstore if the prices are reasonable and 400 crowns for a cup or a candle is absolutely ludicrous.

Mate dont be ridiculous. Those items will go to crates and morons will clap their buttocks because they 'saved' crowns by buying crates.
  • Zariah
    Zariah
    ✭✭✭
    We really need to increase the cap of how many items we can put into the houses. I wanted to fill my appartment with pillows and other things. I didn't event get close to the ammount of pillows I wanted into it before the limit was reached. It was very dissapointing how few items we are allowed to put in. -Please- atleast doubble the ammount we can put in. I could agree to have this ammount as a none paying player. But as an eso plus subscriber... I need atleast double this to be able to fit everything I want. Please please please don't restrict us like this :(

ULIJPQR.jpg
    Edited by Zariah on January 7, 2017 12:30PM
  • Nevena
    Nevena
    ✭✭
    Short feedback:
    • The Daggerfall Manor should have a little bit of land placed in the "Overlook Shore", out to where the rocks are now, and allow some furnishings to be placed, like a little private beach. As it is, I get that you can send victims from the dungeon to feed the slaughterfish, but otherwise it seems like the "Overlook Shore" isn't finished.
    • The prices are double what I think they should be, based on what I've seen among my friends, and also among strangers in Zone chats and forums.
    • 10 collection items for the Manor for a subscriber is half what it should be.
  • Wiccix
    Wiccix
    I'm seeing that the prices go all the way up to 4mil? Why though? Couldn't 1 mil- 1.5 mil be the most for the houses?
    It seems like making gold in game is pretty difficult and to afford one of the good houses I'd have to grind for 2 years??

Why not implement some spender rewards in the game too. Those who spend a lot in the crown store get additional rewards based on tiers of how much they've spent. Houses being one of them, from smaller on lower tiers to the larger ones on higher tiers.