The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Infallible Infinite Wizard (Magsorc Off-Balance Heavy Attack vMA & Trial Build) Summerset

• Insanepirate01
    Insanepirate01
    ✭✭✭
    Got flawless with this build its awesome.
  • st333vo
    st333vo
    I finally got Vmsa finished thanks to this build. I am now a proud owner of 2 crap trait msa daggers for my mag sorc... rejoyce
    Anyway thanks for the build. It may be a while before i return.
  • Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also was able to pull 37K DPS on a target dummy with just elemental drain. I wont call it best in slot or anything, but there is a very easy DPS rotation in here somewhere that you could train a monkey to do. Well played, sir, well played.

Can you give more details on that? I can reach the lower 30's but I'm a healer not a DPS so maybe I can improve something in my rotation...
  • Saturnaliia
    Saturnaliia
    Soul Shriven
    Hi Masel, I have a few questions for this build!

I just want to start off by saying that I love this build. Previously, my main and only other DPS was my stamblade, and that rotation became extremely boring and tedious after a year. The meta gear for stam characters has always been hard to get, so I love that with this build I can 1. Sustain!! 2. Get through maelstrom easy and 3. Do very minimal grinding (although I was lucky and got my sharpened staff on my third clear and already had moondancer jewellery). So, thank you for this non-meta build that got me through the arena for the first time and is actually fun to play.

So, my current build uses 5x necro, 3x moondancer, vma sharpened lightning, moondancer charged inferno. My questions:
    Firstly, monster helms. You recommend ilambris, slimecraw, or IG. I currently don't have a full set of any of those three, so I put Grothdarr on instead and it MELTS. Maybe it's having both lightning and flame going at once, I don't know, but why is Grothdarr not a suitable set for a sorc? I see that it procs 2 seconds less, but it has a bigger radius, does a different kind of status damage, and does more damage whereas ilambris would only be doing lightning damage. Does the 5% sorc lightning buff make that much more difference? Out of ilambris vs. Grothdarr vs. Slimecraw vs. IG, which would you recommend?

Second q: the back bar staff. Right now I have an inferno charged moondancer, but would just a random sharpened be better? Am I supposed to actually use this staff at all?

3: Moondancer or IA jewellery? Does it matter?

Thank you again for the build :)
    Edited by Saturnaliia on April 9, 2017 4:46PM
  • Draekony
    Draekony
    ✭✭
    Got 56 minute run w/ no sigils, 15/15 vitality only 529k score on this. Using 5 IA/5 Necro/1 infused heavy molag, all gold. Hoping VMA weapons will speed it up whenever they drop for me
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Used this as a template - only CP350 yet wearing mainly purple Necropotence and Julianos. Did my first regular dungeon with it and a WB solo to get a feel for it and it's awesome!

Thanks to the OP :)
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So question: how do people run their rotations for vMA?

Thanks!
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This build just might become meta with Morrowind if half of the proposed sustain changes make it to live. Heavy Attacks Online! :smiley:
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    This build just might become meta with Morrowind if half of the proposed sustain changes make it to live. Heavy Attacks Online! :smiley:

Yes I figured that my two Sorc and DK builds might become more popular, but I really don't like that as that means they'll probably get nerfed too. I preferred it when they were niche builds that performed well and stayed easy, but we're weaker than others in many situations when it came to pure damage...
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think your build will get stronger with the CP changes. But I might Just be excited for them.
  • Draekony
    Draekony
    ✭✭
    Good to hear that I wont have to change my vma sorc much then! =D
  • Tremors
    Tremors
    ✭✭✭

Doubt it.
    Passionfruit GM - PC NA
    Godslayer | Dawnbringer
  • SBC
    SBC
    ✭✭✭✭
    So I've been trying to use this build for vMA, and I am obviously doing something horribly wrong. I'm using kenas, with necropotence and spinners. Staves with charged and shock. On round 3, lamia queen, I can't survive anything from her. I just did a run a few minutes ago before I left. Even with food buff, shields up pets out AND defense sigil, her lightning strike 1 shots the shield and she immediately follows up with some random attack that kills me.
  • ATEK302
    ATEK302
    Both pets required? I'd like to keep bound aegis
  • GlorphNoldorin
    GlorphNoldorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks so much for this build. I am in Australia and use pc-NA. My ping is 330+. I dont think I could have finished vma without this build. The lag, skills and bar swapping that dont go off, the pvp like insta-deaths and poison round insta-deaths are real lol.

I have finished the arena 3 times but my main problem is at times on the final boss I run completely out of magica usually when dropping down for the final phase. My gear is Infernal/IL, 5 necro body, 3IA jewelry and random staves all gold. I am considering using Lich jewelry and dual wield on the back bar. Is this too much damage to give up?
  • Tremors
    Tremors
    ✭✭✭
    So I've been trying to use this build for vMA, and I am obviously doing something horribly wrong. I'm using kenas, with necropotence and spinners. Staves with charged and shock. On round 3, lamia queen, I can't survive anything from her. I just did a run a few minutes ago before I left. Even with food buff, shields up pets out AND defense sigil, her lightning strike 1 shots the shield and she immediately follows up with some random attack that kills me.

That's call lightning..don't stand in red circles, you have to move out of that. Just walk it out.
    Passionfruit GM - PC NA
    Godslayer | Dawnbringer
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    ATEK302 wrote: »
    Both pets required? I'd like to keep bound aegis

You can also run potions and drop inner light or drop the twilight for aegis. Basically anything works, so just adapt it to your liking :blush:
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Thanks so much for this build. I am in Australia and use pc-NA. My ping is 330+. I dont think I could have finished vma without this build. The lag, skills and bar swapping that dont go off, the pvp like insta-deaths and poison round insta-deaths are real lol.

I have finished the arena 3 times but my main problem is at times on the final boss I run completely out of magica usually when dropping down for the final phase. My gear is Infernal/IL, 5 necro body, 3IA jewelry and random staves all gold. I am considering using Lich jewelry and dual wield on the back bar. Is this too much damage to give up?

You have to make sure you complete the heavy attacks to get the resource return on it. Takes a few runs to get the movement right on top with the crystals, but you can do it! Lich is not needed, but if it helps you you can run it, but you will be sacrificing damage for it. But better having magicka and live than not having it and dead on the ground right?
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative

Try circling around her, I usually do that and it works just fine. When stranglers spawn just kill it, kite the boss in the meantime and then get back to the boss.
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Adenoma wrote: »
    So question: how do people run their rotations for vMA?

Thanks!

You don't really have time to really do a rotation as mechanics prevent you from completing it. It's more about knowing spawns, dropping AoEs and then bursting priority targets as fast as you can, then kill the rest.

Dropping Ultimates, especially the destro ultimate, is crucial. You can kill a lot of minibosses just by dropping an ultimate at the right time.
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • Hercules_Gaming
    Hercules_Gaming
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you Masel92! I finally was able to complete my first VMA run last night! Appreciate the write up!
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Thank you Masel92! I finally was able to complete my first VMA run last night! Appreciate the write up!

Nice, glad it was a help :)
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • Alite
    Alite
    ✭✭✭
    So what does the lightning staff HA nerf mean for this build? Still viable ?
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Alite wrote: »

Yes of course. All it did was nerf the aoe portion of it. Single target stays :)
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • ATEK302
    ATEK302
    Masel92 wrote: »

Yes of course. All it did was nerf the aoe portion of it. Single target stays :)

What is getting nerfed?
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Masel92 wrote: »

What is getting nerfed?
    @Alite Splash damage can no longer be >100% of the main target damage.

One staff for single target that also AoE's the same is still nice though.

With the change, you can actually aim for the thing you want to take the damage now, instead of breaking out the secret decoder ring and aiming counterintuitively.

Edited by Merlin13KAGL on May 11, 2017 6:18PM
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Draekony
    Draekony
    ✭✭
    now volatile familiar dmg nerfed on pts i hear.
  • ATEK302
    ATEK302
    Draekony wrote: »

You serious?
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Draekony wrote: »

You serious?

Yes, and heavy attacks too!
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • ATEK302
    ATEK302
    Gonna have to go back to curse and frag build with execute