The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

[VIDEO] Erdril melee magicka nb " A pug's life " 1T patch

EdTerra
EdTerra
✭✭✭
Hey guys, since for everyone, magblade mean shieldstacker destro ult

I wanted to bring back some good old magicka melee playstyle in this game, hope u enjoy :smiley:

every clips are from today

https://youtu.be/zRkrPBTfjEg
[EU] AD - Erdril v16 N(oo)B | AR40
[NA] EP - Erdril NB

Still a solo player in this zergfest

Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXPJv3O6DC5ZYECfF3-rQ-Q
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Like the music, applaud the attempt and appreciate keeping the torch lit, but goddamnit Magicka Melee NB is so much effort for so little gain at the moment unless you hide in some AoE blob.

[PS] That last potato was a tank with a damage output that rounded down to zero. So yeah, nothing wrong.
    Edited by Lava_Croft on October 30, 2016 10:23PM
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loved the last clip!

Similar thing happened when I was on my blazing shield templar. 3 guys jump me at a dolmen, kill 2 of them, the last one and I continue for fight for a few minutes until I just start heading back to the dolmen with him hitting my back. Eventually he got the hint and we both finished he dolmen together and went our separate ways, haha.
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Awsome man :D
    EU | PC
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enjoyable. Loved the freaking music
  • EdTerra
    EdTerra
    ✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    Like the music, applaud the attempt and appreciate keeping the torch lit, but goddamnit Magicka Melee NB is so much effort for so little gain at the moment unless you hide in some AoE blob.

Yeah it's pretty hard now to finish some 1vX, I loose so many of them just cauz of proc's or stealth damage (that's why radiant slotted ^^) and it seem that overall damage increased (even magicka builds), but, in fact 1v1 isn't really bad if u don't fight an heavy armor user who use shuffle also
    [PS] That last potato was a tank with a damage output that rounded down to zero. So yeah, nothing wrong.

imo no one should be invincible in 1v1 in PvP, even tanks, well it's only my opinion.
    Taylor_MB wrote: »
    Loved the last clip!

Similar thing happened when I was on my blazing shield templar. 3 guys jump me at a dolmen, kill 2 of them, the last one and I continue for fight for a few minutes until I just start heading back to the dolmen with him hitting my back. Eventually he got the hint and we both finished he dolmen together and went our separate ways, haha.

Aha, when u can't kill each other, better be friends ! :smile:
    Master_Kas wrote: »
    Awsome man :D

Ofc, I'm awesome :smiley:
    Alucardo wrote: »
    Enjoyable. Loved the freaking music

thx ! all songs are in the video description ^^
    Edited by EdTerra on October 30, 2016 10:49PM
    [NA] EP - Erdril NB

• MLRPZ
    MLRPZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP !
    AD // Marc the Epic Goat // Templar // AR50
    EP // The Goatfather // Templar // AR44
    AD // Unforgoatable // Sorc // AR33
    EP // You Goat Rekt // NB // AR28
    EP // Bill Goats // Swarden // AR28
    AD // Goat Ya // NB // AR24
    AD // Unforgoatten // StamDK // AR 21
    DC // Egoatcentric // Stamsorc // AR16

and many unused PVE chars

REMOVE FACTION LOCK

AoE Rats
    RIP Zerg Squad
    RIP Banana Squad Inc
    Not your typical goat

• Xinthisis
    Xinthisis
    ✭✭✭✭
    That last clip is why I gank now. Well actually. The entire video. Watching you clearly outplay them, and seeing them many times run out of stamina or just not cc break then you not being able to kill them without an extra 2-3 minutes and finger smashing into the keyboard. Awesome job, but damn do I miss 1.5.
    "What happens in ESO, stays in ESO"

"Dont mind me."

"Xin knows"

"Yup"

-YT-
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exciting to see a non meta video . Great job and the music was most enjoyable .
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I miss the light/medium armor meta. You were playing so much better than them but it didn't even matter. I really liked that first clip.
  • EdTerra
    EdTerra
    ✭✭✭
    Xinthisis wrote: »
    That last clip is why I gank now. Well actually. The entire video. Watching you clearly outplay them, and seeing them many times run out of stamina or just not cc break then you not being able to kill them without an extra 2-3 minutes and finger smashing into the keyboard. Awesome job, but damn do I miss 1.5.

Yeah the last vid is a pure joke, I mean in pvp u should be able to kill everyone in 1v1, if u want to be really tanky u should have to do somethings for tanking not just have an heavy armor, 70k health (my 11k aw didn't even drop 20% of his health) and holding block like a tard, this is not my vision of pvp at least...
    every style should be skill based imo.

and u'r right, with the current state of pvp it's really hard to kill people even if they are CC out of stam, 12K concealed tooltip when full buffed (without mage's guild proc) and not even hit for 5k-6k against heavy armor, the sad thing is my concealed is still deadly against light/medium armor user, maybe if concealed got a 5k spell pen like his stamina morph it could help without being to much against low spell resis

Also, the overall incoming damage are really high now, u have to attack/defense/attack/defense all day if u don't want to be kill really quickly, it's not only about proc's build, even magicka build can 2 hit me, it's not helping :cold_sweat:

And against perma root/slow u have no choice to use mist, I really miss the old cloak who could purge those roots for us, maybe I would be able to use lotus fan again, to much coward sniper are running away when u come at them

(I think I need to say : sry for my english but I hope u will understand what I mean ^^)
    [NA] EP - Erdril NB

• nilldax
    nilldax
    ✭✭✭
    EdTerra wrote: »
    (...)

and u'r right, with the current state of pvp it's really hard to kill people even if they are CC out of stam, 12K concealed tooltip when full buffed (without mage's guild proc) and not even hit for 5k-6k against heavy armor, the sad thing is my concealed is still deadly against light/medium armor user, maybe if concealed got a 5k spell pen like his stamina morph it could help without being to much against low spell resis

Surprice Attack applies armor debuff which is a little different from penetration :tongue:
    And against perma root/slow u have no choice to use mist, I really miss the old cloak who could purge those roots for us, maybe I would be able to use lotus fan again, to much coward sniper are running away when u come at them
    And you even know one of "coward snipers" :wink:

Anyway, nicely that you finaly shared your relic MagBlade.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried Medusa 5p + Treasurehunter 5p yet + shadow mundus yet? I really want to give that a shot on magblade.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Erondil
    Erondil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice vid although yea as you said fighting heavy armour ppl with magicka melee nb is a pain and there is almost only that nowadays :#
    Derra wrote: »
    Have you tried Medusa 5p + Treasurehunter 5p yet + shadow mundus yet? I really want to give that a shot on magblade.

problem is you have to go heavy armour without spinner so no spell penetration whatsoever and that sucks in the current meta imo. And you will need to run magicka rec/spell cost reduc glyphs becuase on magicka melee you usually need 1.8k+ rec I think, especially with heavy armour so the spell damage would be really low for a dual wield build :s. Also the crit would be around 35% which isnt that much for a crit damage build although I guess with cloak you can get pretty consistent nasty assassins will :o
    If you wanna farm Medusa though tell me I would be up :D
    ~retired~
    EU server, former Zerg Squad and Banana Squad officer
    Dennegor NB AD, AvA 50 Grand Overlord 24/05/2016
    rekt you NB AD, AvA 32
    Erondil Sorc AD, AvA 23
    Denne the Banana Slayer NB EP, AvA 14
    Darth Dennegor lv50 Stamina NB DC, AvA 19
    Youtube Channel
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I gave up on my magicka melee. I only use swallow soul so I can at least run away in time when things go bad. Nice vid, although it loads very slow for me here at work. Great music choice :smile:
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • EdTerra
    EdTerra
    ✭✭✭
    nilldax wrote: »
    (...)

Surprice Attack applies armor debuff which is a little different from penetration :tongue:
    And you even know one of "coward snipers" :wink:

Aha, no I wasn't thinking about you, you know how the game works and u are the only one who play with u'r playstyle even If I call it coward style, I was thinking of stealth zerger bower snipe spammer who run away when u come at them but came back if u'r in bad situation against his friends...
    Anyway, nicely that you finaly shared your relic MagBlade.

relic magblade :smiley: maybe it could be a title for a next video ^^
    Erondil wrote: »
    Nice vid although yea as you said fighting heavy armour ppl with magicka melee nb is a pain and there is almost only that nowadays :#

problem is you have to go heavy armour without spinner so no spell penetration whatsoever and that sucks in the current meta imo. And you will need to run magicka rec/spell cost reduc glyphs becuase on magicka melee you usually need 1.8k+ rec I think, especially with heavy armour so the spell damage would be really low for a dual wield build :s. Also the crit would be around 35% which isnt that much for a crit damage build although I guess with cloak you can get pretty consistent nasty assassins will :o

well maybe If I use medusa 2pc stuff 1 jewel 2 sword it could be really strong but in my vid I was running atronach mundus (2k reg cauz I use one jewel glyph also) and I still need a support skill to my resto bar for the extra 10% reg (well I'm a bosmer), so I would have to stay on atronach or maybe TBS + inner light instead of treasure hunter, or maybe 2*1 magicka regen monster set
    I think it's something to try.
    Knootewoot wrote: »
    I gave up on my magicka melee. I only use swallow soul so I can at least run away in time when things go bad. Nice vid, although it loads very slow for me here at work. Great music choice :smile:

I've read that next patch will be nice for magicka, maybe old melee magicka nb will be back, keep hope :smile:
    Edited by EdTerra on October 31, 2016 2:10PM
    [NA] EP - Erdril NB

• Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why not run it with 5 light two heavy - am i missing something there? Especially on NB healthy jewelry does not seem like the end of the world for light armor builds. I´m even running HP builds on sorc nowadays.
    <Noricum>

• Erondil
    Erondil
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why not run it with 5 light two heavy - am i missing something there? Especially on NB healthy jewelry does not seem like the end of the world for light armor builds. I´m even running HP builds on sorc nowadays.

Well because hp on jewelry imo is a waste, if on top of that its on a bosmer the magicka will be pretty low (like 33-4k?) and even on breton it would be like 37k or less since you miss out undaunted aswell; then the shield will be really weak. But I guess if you give good value to hp bonus its not that bad, tbh I dont so I didnt even consider this possibility.
    Edited by Erondil on October 31, 2016 9:38PM
    ~retired~
    EU server, former Zerg Squad and Banana Squad officer
    Dennegor NB AD, AvA 50 Grand Overlord 24/05/2016
    rekt you NB AD, AvA 32
    Erondil Sorc AD, AvA 23
    Denne the Banana Slayer NB EP, AvA 14
    Darth Dennegor lv50 Stamina NB DC, AvA 19
    Youtube Channel
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well because hp on jewelry imo is a waste, if on top of that its on a bosmer the magicka will be pretty low (like 33-4k?) and even on breton it would be like 37k or less since you miss out undaunted aswell; then the shield will be really weak. But I guess if you give good value to hp bonus its not that bad, I just dont so I didnt even consider this possibility.

I basically value HP up to the point where a proccbuild can no longer put me into executerange with one lucky rotation. Imo the biggest mistake in the current procc meta is people not valueing HP on light/medium armor builds.

If you can´t die in one rotation you can have moments with low/no defense up which results in better offensive/pressuring options (ofc on bosmer the situation is different).
    Edited by Derra on October 31, 2016 9:42PM
    <Noricum>

• EdTerra
    EdTerra
    ✭✭✭
    well guys maybe it's like rattlecage where the named necklace is arcane ^^

I can see you'r both ideas, well now I would prefer to go derra's style cauz I'm a bosmer, even if I stack magicka I will never be close to an high elf magicka pool, the difference between a bosmer and an altmer is now a food buff, where it was almost nothing in 1.X

I've stopped to think max mag is the best way to go for us, since the poison resist is really nice now for bosmer, stacking health may prevent an instant kill cauz of multi procs or help to play a bit less defensive and more agressive where shields are just preventive and need to be stacked really often against big income damage

since I've stopped to play with harness I have no problem to use 1 healthy jewel

And if I'm not wrong, healing ward is max health based
    Edited by EdTerra on October 31, 2016 10:47PM
    [NA] EP - Erdril NB

• Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I actually run/ran a good 29k HP on my MagBlade before just not bothering anymore. Because of the many different build options Wrobel provides us, it's really the only counter besides going 5HA.
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

How much damage do you think you could get out of this setup? I think it could be nice in Templar, too.

What monster set? Maybe the one that gives you Berserk?
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ishammael wrote: »

How much damage do you think you could get out of this setup? I think it could be nice in Templar, too.

I have honestly no idea if they fixed the minor berserk set by now. It was mentioned in the potes sometime but i never bothered to test it.

On NB going for Skoria or Infernal Guardian is pretty obvious. On a templar i don´t have any clue tbh. I have not tested it myself by now because the excessive amount of farming required to get two weapons is something i don´t want to deal with at the moment.
    I´ve farmed three dungeon set weapons so far. I won´t go for another one if i can avoid it.
    <Noricum>

• Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ishammael wrote: »

I have honestly no idea if they fixed the minor berserk set by now. It was mentioned in the potes sometime but i never bothered to test it.

On NB going for Skoria or Infernal Guardian is pretty obvious. On a templar i don´t have any clue tbh. I have not tested it myself by now because the excessive amount of farming required to get two weapons is something i don´t want to deal with at the moment.
    I´ve farmed three dungeon set weapons so far. I won´t go for another one if i can avoid it.

Yeah... this is why I was hoping you could test it for me. Don't want to farm anymore.
    I'm still looking for a burning Spellweave neck.
  • EdTerra
    EdTerra
    ✭✭✭
    I miss the light/medium armor meta. You were playing so much better than them but it didn't even matter. I really liked that first clip.

you will love this one

https://youtu.be/dy8yp9mghxw

this fight is almost everything I hate in this patch heavy armor + shuffle, stack health, full life in 6s, proc's build, well I haven't see poison proc but it's not needed with the price of my concelead weapons maybe I should go seducer+liche+2*1 regen monster set and drinks, just because I want to play DW

imo this is why every melee magblade give up
    [NA] EP - Erdril NB

• Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have amazing magblade skills, that last video was super painful to watch :(
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

you will love this one

this fight is almost everything I hate in this patch heavy armor + shuffle, stack health, full life in 6s, proc's build, well I haven't see poison proc but it's not needed with the price of my concelead weapons maybe I should go seducer+liche+2*1 regen monster set and drinks, just because I want to play DW

Not just this, but also that a Melee StamBlade does just about everything a Melee MagBlade can do, only with less effort and greater effect.
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭

you will love this one

I agree with some of the points you made, but also don't agree with others. While I do feel stamina healing is too strong, it takes him 6 seconds to get to full but all you have to do is hit healing ward and you are basically fully healed. And assuming you are wearing light armor, those guys actually didn't do that much damage to you. I do think it's stupid you have no chance of killing them when they are on the ground out of stam, but your soul tethers were hitting really hard and 4k uncrit concealed is pretty good on heavy armor. But you running out of magicka that fast with your regen is kind of dumb as well.
    Edited by LeifErickson on November 2, 2016 1:26AM
  • EdTerra
    EdTerra
    ✭✭✭

you will love this one

I agree with some of the points you made, but also don't agree with others. While I do feel stamina healing is too strong, it takes him 6 seconds to get to full but all you have to do is hit healing ward and you are basically fully healed. And assuming you are wearing light armor, those guys actually didn't do that much damage to you. I do think it's stupid you have no chance of killing them when they are on the ground out of stam, but your soul tethers were hitting really hard and 4k uncrit concealed is pretty good on heavy armor. But you running out of magicka that fast with your regen is kind of dumb as well.

Yeah, healing ward can also go full heal in 6s but, with my burst I would not even be able to outburst his heal where healing ward heal nothing until it proc (and u know that it's not hard to destroy a shield in 6s especially with those sets)
    his heal over the time is even higher than my concealed weapons no crit and he used only vigor, shuffle make it worse, this is something I hate, how many time I was like a tard spamming my concealed on an opponent who just pop one vigor and still fighting, force me to spam my healing ward + shadow + cloak until it proc...

I know that the main issue about their damage is only cauz of proc's build, without it they would be easy kills, but I just wanted to show the current state of pvp for a no-meta player who feel really weak in those last 2 patches
    Also if they were not able to use shuffle, maybe I would kill them...

And yeah my magicka leave me so fast :cold_sweat: well I used some mist form but not too much...
    [NA] EP - Erdril NB

• LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭

you will love this one

Yeah, healing ward can also go full heal in 6s but, with my burst I would not even be able to outburst his heal where healing ward heal nothing until it proc (and u know that it's not hard to destroy a shield in 6s especially with those sets)
    his heal over the time is even higher than my concealed weapons no crit and he used only vigor, shuffle make it worse, this is something I hate, how many time I was like a tard spamming my concealed on an opponent who just pop one vigor and still fighting, force me to spam my healing ward + shadow + cloak until it proc...

I know that the main issue about their damage is only cauz of proc's build, without it they would be easy kills, but I just wanted to show the current state of pvp for a no-meta player who feel really weak in those last 2 patches

And yeah my magicka leave me so fast :cold_sweat: well I used some mist form but not too much...

Honestly, I feel terrible for saying this but slotting 2 piece valkyn and timing your valkyn with soul tether would destroy people.
  • EdTerra
    EdTerra
    ✭✭✭

you will love this one

Honestly, I feel terrible for saying this but slotting 2 piece valkyn and timing your valkyn with soul tether would destroy people.

Yeah I wanted to try it, but maybe I will have it in 2 years with the golden vendor ^^
    I really dislike PvE, farming sets was already something who could make me leave the game, my only 2pc monster I have since it's exist is grothdarr :disappointed:
    [NA] EP - Erdril NB