The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

[VIDEO] Erdril melee magicka nb " A pug's life " 1T patch

• Erondil
    Erondil
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with some of the points you made, but also don't agree with others. While I do feel stamina healing is too strong, it takes him 6 seconds to get to full but all you have to do is hit healing ward and you are basically fully healed. And assuming you are wearing light armor, those guys actually didn't do that much damage to you. I do think it's stupid you have no chance of killing them when they are on the ground out of stam, but your soul tethers were hitting really hard and 4k uncrit concealed is pretty good on heavy armor. But you running out of magicka that fast with your regen is kind of dumb as well.

"Hit healing ward and you're basically fully healed" no, hit healing ward and wait 6 seconds to get the heal from it. Having 10k shield at 30% hp and heal instantly for 10k to have 80% hp is not nearly the same thing. If you want to go back to full health on a magicka mele nb you need to cast helaing ward then not get hit for 6 seconds; if you want to go back to full health on a stamina build you have to hit rally, or rally+vigor if the rally wasnt up for long then you can just spam dps. (Healing Ward is a really strong skill for sure but dont make it sound like its instant heal)
    The only reason those guys didnt do that much damage is because Erdril spends most of his time avoiding the damage with mist, cloak or los but everytime he tries to go offensive and the nb ambush on him he goes down to 30% hp again. More damage would mean getting insta gibbed everytime you're not in cloak or with healing ward up.
    ~retired~
    EU server, former Zerg Squad and Banana Squad officer
    Dennegor NB AD, AvA 50 Grand Overlord 24/05/2016
    rekt you NB AD, AvA 32
    Erondil Sorc AD, AvA 23
    Denne the Banana Slayer NB EP, AvA 14
    Darth Dennegor lv50 Stamina NB DC, AvA 19
    Youtube Channel
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Erondil wrote: »

I agree with some of the points you made, but also don't agree with others. While I do feel stamina healing is too strong, it takes him 6 seconds to get to full but all you have to do is hit healing ward and you are basically fully healed. And assuming you are wearing light armor, those guys actually didn't do that much damage to you. I do think it's stupid you have no chance of killing them when they are on the ground out of stam, but your soul tethers were hitting really hard and 4k uncrit concealed is pretty good on heavy armor. But you running out of magicka that fast with your regen is kind of dumb as well.

"Hit healing ward and you're basically fully healed" no, hit healing ward and wait 6 seconds to get the heal from it. Having 10k shield at 30% hp and heal instantly for 10k to have 80% hp is not nearly the same thing. If you want to go back to full health on a magicka mele nb you need to cast helaing ward then not get hit for 6 seconds; if you want to go back to full health on a stamina build you have to hit rally, or rally+vigor if the rally wasnt up for long then you can just spam dps. (Healing Ward is a really strong skill for sure but dont make it sound like its instant heal)
    The only reason those guys didnt do that much damage is because Erdril spends most of his time avoiding the damage with mist, cloak or los but everytime he tries to go offensive and the nb ambush on him he goes down to 30% hp again. More damage would mean getting insta gibbed everytime you're not in cloak or with healing ward up.

Agree. Many times I am told "but you have insta heal from ward" and I gave up explaining it is not insta heal. And if someone burns it down I don't get squat. And sometimes even when nobody hits the shield I still get no healing for some reason. I rely now more on mutagen most of the times.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I was comparing it to what happened in the video. It looked like in the video vigor was the only heal that guy used. So he used vigor and then did not get hit for a whole 6 seconds. So that vigor and not getting hit for 6 seconds got him to full. With healing ward, it will do the same thing. Cast it and don't get hit and in 6 seconds you will be to full. However, the difference with healing ward and vigor is that you get a shield with healing ward so popping healing ward before a dawnbreaker will save your life when low while popping vigor before a dawnbreaker won't do anything.

And I disagree with you about the damage part. He is a light armor build with about 23k health I think. Those guys at one point jumped him and I believe at least one of them used an ult and I'm guessing a proc hit him as well. If I was on my medium armor build, when I happen to take that much damage that fast, I usually either die or get below 15%. He still had a decent amount of health left when it happened to him.
  • Poxheart
    Poxheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EdTerra wrote: »
    I miss the light/medium armor meta. You were playing so much better than them but it didn't even matter. I really liked that first clip.

you will love this one

https://youtu.be/dy8yp9mghxw

this fight is almost everything I hate in this patch heavy armor + shuffle, stack health, full life in 6s, proc's build, well I haven't see poison proc but it's not needed with the price of my concelead weapons maybe I should go seducer+liche+2*1 regen monster set and drinks, just because I want to play DW

imo this is why every melee magblade give up

Perfect example of why I stopped playing my magicka nightblade.
    Edited by Poxheart on November 2, 2016 1:48PM
    Unsubbed and no longer playing, but still checking the Alliance War forum for the lulz.

Pox Dragon Knight
    Poxheart Nightblade
    The Murder Hobo Dragon Knight - Blackwater Blade
    Knights of the WhiteWolf
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have to use assassins will as magblade or you won't kill anyone anymore it's ridiculous. I'm also using clever alchemist now as well. And i try to time a ultimate with my assassins will. I wish magblade would get a execute that scales up to 50% it's crazy stamina users have two
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have to use assassins will as magblade or you won't kill anyone anymore it's ridiculous. I'm also using clever alchemist now as well. And i try to time a ultimate with my assassins will. I wish magblade would get a execute that scales up to 50% it's crazy stamina users have two

Any buffs to Impale would be great, higher execute threshold, making it a channel, anything. It seems so backwards that the paladin class (Templar) has a better execute than the assassin class (Nightblade)

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • Erondil
    Erondil
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I was comparing it to what happened in the video. It looked like in the video vigor was the only heal that guy used. So he used vigor and then did not get hit for a whole 6 seconds. So that vigor and not getting hit for 6 seconds got him to full. With healing ward, it will do the same thing. Cast it and don't get hit and in 6 seconds you will be to full. However, the difference with healing ward and vigor is that you get a shield with healing ward so popping healing ward before a dawnbreaker will save your life when low while popping vigor before a dawnbreaker won't do anything.

And I disagree with you about the damage part. He is a light armor build with about 23k health I think. Those guys at one point jumped him and I believe at least one of them used an ult and I'm guessing a proc hit him as well. If I was on my medium armor build, when I happen to take that much damage that fast, I usually either die or get below 15%. He still had a decent amount of health left when it happened to him.

Both players had both rally and vigor, but on the first impact the templar didnt have rally up yet so no burst heal, he used it tho (it was weapon swap anime canceled). And you're reasonning is good if theres only vigor used but a vast majority also have rally, which goes for the people in the video. And well obv this coupled to dodgeroll which for amny reasons is a much more powerfull damage mitigation than anything magicka has imo.
    I dont really see how you could have get more damaged on a stambuild considering you have 50% more armor (and probably shuffle?), but ye those guys were most likely not fully optimised.
    ~retired~
    EU server, former Zerg Squad and Banana Squad officer
    Dennegor NB AD, AvA 50 Grand Overlord 24/05/2016
    rekt you NB AD, AvA 32
    Erondil Sorc AD, AvA 23
    Denne the Banana Slayer NB EP, AvA 14
    Darth Dennegor lv50 Stamina NB DC, AvA 19
    Youtube Channel
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Both players had both rally and vigor, but on the first impact the templar didnt have rally up yet so no burst heal, he used it tho (it was weapon swap anime canceled). And you're reasonning is good if theres only vigor used but a vast majority also have rally, which goes for the people in the video. And well obv this coupled to dodgeroll which for amny reasons is a much more powerfull damage mitigation than anything magicka has imo.
    I dont really see how you could have get more damaged on a stambuild considering you have 50% more armor (and probably shuffle?), but ye those guys were most likely not fully optimised.

Yeah rally and vigor together do a lot. I missed the rally in the video. Not positive but I'm pretty sure light armor builds have higher spell resists than medium armor? But yeah, I do have more physical resist. What I was trying to say is that on average, I feel like he was lucky to only have taken that much damage from those guys because there are a lot of people who would hit much harder than that.