The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The problem with weapon drops in One Tamriel

code65536
code65536
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
TL;DR: Weapon drop chances are completely out of line with the size of the weapon pool.

Illustrating the problem: Getting weapons vs. getting armor

Let's say, for example, you are farming for a set that drops in a group dungeon.

In One Tamriel's group dungeons, minor bosses drop small pieces (hands, waist, shoulders, and feet), major bosses drop large pieces (chest, legs, and head), while the final boss drops either jewelry or weapons/shields. Although the exact details vary from dungeon to dungeon, a typical group dungeon has 6 bosses: 3 minor bosses, 2 major bosses (not including the final boss), and the final boss. Both armor pieces and weapons can come in all 8 standard traits, and jewelry pieces have fixed traits. Finally, there are 3 different sets that can drop in a dungeon.

This means that in a complete run of a typical dungeon...
  • Small armor pieces: 3 chances at drops, out of a pool of 96 possibilities (3 sets * 4 possible pieces * 8 traits), for a 1-in-32 chance of getting a specific piece in one dungeon run.
  • Large armor pieces: 2 chances at drops, out of a pool of 72 possibilities (3 sets * 3 possible pieces * 8 traits), for a 1-in-36 chance of getting a specific piece in one dungeon run.
  • Jewelry: 0.5 chances at drops, out of a pool of 6 possibilities (3 sets * 2 possible pieces, single trait), for a 1-in-12 chance of getting a specific piece in one dungeon run.
  • Weapons/Shields: 0.5 chances at drops, out of a pool of 312 possibilities (3 sets * 13 possible pieces * 8 traits), for a 1-in-624 chance of getting a specific piece in one dungeon run.

One of these is not like the others.

So, my first question for the developers: "Is this intended?" Is it intentional that weapons are about 20x harder to get than armor pieces? Making these set weapons hard to obtain does bolster the value of the special Maelstrom/Master weapons, so maybe this kind of drop rate is what you were deliberately aiming for. If that's the case, then please say so. This way people can set their expectations and plan their builds accordingly.

If this is not intended, then I'd like to offer a couple of suggestions.

Suggestion 1: Increase the drop chances

Instead of having an either/or chance of dropping a weapon on one boss, make weapons drop in addition to armor pieces on all bosses. That way, instead of 0.5 chances to pull from a pool of 312, we'll have 6 chances, for a 1-in-52 chance of getting a specific piece in one typical dungeon run. Even with this change, getting a specific weapon piece would still more difficult than getting a specific armor piece. But at least we're no longer talking about it being more than an order of magnitude more difficult.

Suggestion 2: Make weapons "drop more intelligently"

ZOS has taken a few small, limited steps towards eliminating some of the nonsensical weapon combinations:
Sets that grant a bonus to melee damage will now drop more intelligently (i.e. a set with melee damage will no longer drop with a bow or stave).
Fixed an issue where the Berserking Warrior item set would drop in Bows, Destruction Staves, and Restoration Staves. Since the set only procs on dealing melee damage, the set will now only drop in Armor, Jewelry, Melee Weapons, and Shields.
The Town Capture box for Hawk's Eye will no longer drop any melee or staff weapons for the set. It will now only drop bows, armor, and jewelry for the set.

ZOS later clarified their position with:
Just to update everyone, we only remove certain weapons from an item set’s possible drops when it is utterly and absolutely impossible for that set’s five-piece bonus to be triggered with that weapon equipped. For instance, it is impossible to trigger the Coat of the Red Mountain item set’s five-piece bonus with a Restoration Staff; we will be removing Restoration Staves of the Red Mountain from the possible set item drops in Stonefalls in a future patch.

While some of the sets listed in this thread may not be optimal in all situations, they can still potentially be used, so they are considered legitimate item slot/set combinations.

But there is an inconsistency here. If we are to use the stated standard of "utterly and absolutely impossible", then only the following sets would be affected:
  • Shadow of the Red Mountain and Way of Fire: 5p bonus calls for damage from a weapon ability, and all resto staff abilities are non-damaging
  • Eagle Eye, Hawk's Eye, Kyne's Kiss, Marksman's Crest, Wilderqueen's Arch: 5p bonus (or 3p bonus in the case of Eagle Eye) apply only to bow abilities
  • Sword Dancer, Sword Singer, Spider Cultist, Light Speaker, Knight-Errant: 5p bonus applies only to dual-wield, 2-hander, destruction staff, restoration staff, or sword-and-board abilities, respectively
  • Destruction Mastery: 5p bonus requires destruction staff to be equipped

The inconsistency is that the initial set of exclusions--removing ranged weapons from sets "with melee damage"--actually don't meet the rather high "utterly and absolutely impossible" criteria and instead fall under "not be optimal in all situations, they can still potentially be used". I could deal melee damage with class abilities such as Surprise Attack or Biting Jabs, even with a bow or staff equipped.

So what about sets like Burning Spellweave? That set proc off of flame damage, yet it can drop as an ice staff. It doesn't meet the "utterly and absolutely impossible" criteria since flame damage can come from class and guild abilities, but it does meet a criteria that is very similar to that of the existing melee exclusion.

I would suggest, as a bare minimum of a first step, that "utterly and absolutely impossible" be expanded a bit so that sets like Burning Spellweave or Silks of the Sun don't drop in ice staves and Ysgramor doesn't drop in fire staves, to achieve parity with the melee exclusion that's already in place.

However, given the vast pool of possible weapon drops--104 per set vs. just 56 per set for armor--if you don't vastly expand weapon chances, then you absolutely will need to scrap the "utterly and absolutely impossible" criteria and do much more aggressive culling of the pool: eliminating staves from stamina sets and stamina weapons (with the exception of sword and shield) from magicka sets.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_RichLambert @Wrobel
Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
Personal best scores:
Dungeon trifectas:
Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, I have not started farming weapons yet, mostly because I can get the 5+5 without them, but this would be most frustrating if I was looking for a weapon for a set. And, I am fairly trait agnostic, but even then, how long would it take me to get a weapon of any usefulness under this current scheme?

I under stand the Intelligent Drops might take a while to get straightened out, given there are so many dropped sets now, so at least in the mean time make it so we get both an armor and weapon from the final boss at least, if not all the major bosses.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sets with a 5pc that boosts weapon damage or weapon critical shouldn't drop staves, but those are the only weapons I have ever received from those sets.

Stuff like this drives me crazy. It's like the game is purposely trying to mock me.

At least I got a single purple upgrade mat from deconstructing all three of those useless restoration staves.
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've been noticing that each set seems to have a "fixed" weapon with stats most beneficial to that set, such as the Undaunted Gavel (defending, as it's a tank set). You're better off farming those, than praying for random traits. I only wish we had a master list or data base to consult.
  • MaKTaiL
    MaKTaiL
    ✭✭✭✭
    I also suggested another solution in this thread: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/300670/daily-delves-and-world-bosses-on-the-original-zones#latest

Take a look and see if you like it. Feel free to add it to your post if you want ;)
    Edited by MaKTaiL on October 28, 2016 10:27PM
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peekachu99 wrote: »
    I've been noticing that each set seems to have a "fixed" weapon with stats most beneficial to that set, such as the Undaunted Gavel (defending, as it's a tank set). You're better off farming those, than praying for random traits. I only wish we had a master list or data base to consult.

Yes, for some sets, there are named drops--non-random item type with a fixed, non-random trait. I had compiled a list of all the named drops in an earlier thread.

And in some cases, the named drops do help. The most notable example of that is Soulshine, which has a named 1H sword in the sharpened trait. But in most cases, the named drops don't help. In the case of Burning Spellweave, for example, the only named staff of that set is an infused restoration staff.

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone who is farming spc and bsw staves now, I totally agree.
    The droprate is utter bs, and freaking training traits are everywhere. :#
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please fix this crap, I'm just so tired of it and borderline quiting. I went from farming VMA 24/7 to farming spellweave 24/7 with absurd odds in each. I just want a freaking SW shield and VMA inferno staff so I can go do the things I actually want to do. I have 2.5mil gold and can't beat the rat race RNG grind you have turned this entire game into. I dread logging into this game now because it just isn't fun doing this crap over and over and over again.
    Edited by Armitas on October 29, 2016 10:58AM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Making weapons in dungeons BoE would be a way to increase the pool available for everyone.

Yes I agree though it is hard to get the weapons in the trait required. Same thing with the Cyrodiil sets but they are BoE which does make it easier to buy from guild stores.
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • Joysheeped
    Joysheeped
    ✭✭✭
    Well written; traits and types of weapons really make the grind got out of hand. It is absolutely horrifying considering there are 312 possible weapons/ shields with only a single chance in an entire dungeon run. Please review the possible drops as soon as possible. Please make a game with a suitable grind as excessive grinding is definitely not fun and a weapon with entirely rubbish trait is especially insulting in places like vMA.
    Khajiit Magicka NB :O
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG, had not considered all that. Thx for putting it into perspective, even if the math is not in our favor.
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even farming outside of dungeons is bad. I've been farming for a spinners sword sharpened for about two weeks now. I've only seen one spinners weapon in that time. I can't even find them in guild traders
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even farming outside of dungeons is bad. I've been farming for a spinners sword sharpened for about two weeks now. I've only seen one spinners weapon in that time. I can't even find them in guild traders

lol, I caved and just bought a couple sharpened axe/dagger combo, so I can get on with my life. Maybe one day I will bump into the swords I want, but the grinding is just too much for me. The sharpened part was the most important part anyhow.
  • Triipzzz
    Triipzzz
    ✭✭✭
    Totally agree. Trying to farm any set with jewlery and weapons as a 5 piece is practically impossible for an individual not to mention an entire group. If this drop rate is aiming to keep the game and PVE alive, I assure you it is only doing the opposite. People are done grinding weeks for one sword, only to get killed by a proc build in 2 hits.

And not to mention when you do finally get a good trait it will be an "intelligent" bow or greatsword drop on a magicka set. (Litch)
    Edited by Triipzzz on October 29, 2016 3:05PM
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

At least you can buy spinner's set...
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • TankHealz2015
    TankHealz2015
    ✭✭✭

Excellent explanation. This definitely will affect my thoughts on running dungeons over and over to get the final weapon I need... not so sure, it's worth ....

Personally, I prefer the way GW2 does dungeon rewards.
    In that game, each dungeon has its own special token that drops and a corresponding vendor. You earn your tokens and save up to go to the vendor and buy each piece. No RNG at all. The more valuable pieces of armor and weapons, etc.. cost more tokens, but you know that before you start. Also, the tokens go into the "virtual wallet" and not your bank inventory.

My two cents.

Thanks for your write up!
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excellent explanation. This definitely will affect my thoughts on running dungeons over and over to get the final weapon I need... not so sure, it's worth ....

Personally, I prefer the way GW2 does dungeon rewards.
    In that game, each dungeon has its own special token that drops and a corresponding vendor. You earn your tokens and save up to go to the vendor and buy each piece. No RNG at all. The more valuable pieces of armor and weapons, etc.. cost more tokens, but you know that before you start. Also, the tokens go into the "virtual wallet" and not your bank inventory.

My two cents.

Thanks for your write up!

Unfortunately, people have been calling for tokens since... forever. I would've suggested tokens in my original post if it weren't for ZOS's long history of not budging on the repeated requests for a token system to replace RNG drops. The best I could reasonably hope for at this point is them playing with drop rates and/or pool sizes.

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any chance we could get an official comment on this? Please, at least tell us if this is intended or not...
    Edited by code65536 on October 31, 2016 9:05PM

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS has taken a few small, limited steps towards eliminating some of the nonsensical weapon combinations:
    Sets that grant a bonus to melee damage will now drop more intelligently (i.e. a set with melee damage will no longer drop with a bow or stave).

I was soooo happy when I got my first Spriggan weapon in sharpened last night. That resto staff is gonna help so much with that 4k physical penetration! :wink:
    Edited by FLuFFyxMuFFiN on October 31, 2016 9:15PM
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I realized a long time ago that farming is a waste of time in this game. Running the same dungeons 3 times in a row feels like going to my job. In one of the more boring days that is :dizzy:
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed really fast that weapons are harder to come by. I sold off my Spriggian Sharpend weapons pretty quickly, though I got lucky I found them on my first try grinding for them.
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wow, talk about putting things into perspective. I doubt that even if you accounted for the additional chance from all the chests spawning at master difficulty that the numbers would change that much.
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
  • N2woR
    N2woR
    ✭✭✭
    Started farming today to get the red mountain dagger and 1 handed axe, started at 845 in the morning and came off at 555 in the afternoon. Had a few breaks between but pretty much straight through

I still don't have either in any trait, not 1 drop. 3 hours in I would have taken training or pros, funny thing was I never got annoyed once. I can see why a red mountain dagger with infuse is selling for 325k in one of the trade stalls on eu ps4
    [PS4]
    Guilds
    Snowborn Wolf Pack Elite
    Snowborn Wolf Pack
    Toons
    Grim Myth - Nord DK Tank
    Just Grim - Redguard Stam Sorc

• ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can agree with that ..

ive spend 90 plus runs doing DS DS1 DS2 VEt ds sooooo many times and NOT EVEN 1 .. even 1 HANDED WEAPON OF ATOMATONS HAS DROOPED!!!!!!!!!!!!! wtf

what is going on ... sooo many runs nobody got !!!!! now that is 80 plus runs can you imagine getting sword sharp ?

i took a 3 days rage quit lol i will be back but this is just pissing me off

there is also another guy here khajit who made a thread with each run he dose who is after DKS dagger and he done over 206 runs not even one drop
    "By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
    However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

Arise From Darkness Forsaken SIn
    "You have been a loyal High Elf Magica Sorc
    Conjure of Darkness, Master of Magic
    Killer of Molag Bal and Savior of Ebonheart Pact
    Until Dark Brotherhood killed you...
    but now..NOW its time to Arise From Darkness once again..."

• dagonbeer
    dagonbeer
    ✭✭✭
    Not to mention that right now, with the current weapon traits sharpened is the only viable trait. The gulf between sharpened and the next contender (precise) in terms of damage is generally greater than the benefit of most 5 piece bonuses -- you're probably better off running a crafted 2 piece sharpened than a 5 piece precise set weapon.The third dps option -- nirn, is even worse and doesn't drop except in weekly rewards.

The armor grind isn't that bad, because even if you have a bad trait on a piece, you're losing max ~.8% crit chance and .9% crit damage. That's substantial enough for people to work towards, but not enough to invalidate a build.

Sharpened contributes ~11% damage, which is far greater than any other single gear choice in the game.

• NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The current set up for weapons is like making a person run an obstacle course just to get in line to buy a lottery ticket.

I would gladly smelt down a full 5 piece lich set to trade for just one rng box as long as that box had a sword. A categorized trade-in system could keep the trait rng. Players get what they've been looking for with improved rng; ZOS still gets multiple grind hours to power their soul-shriveling machines.

@code65536 Thank You, those odds are staggering for what I'm doing not doing anymore.

Even Han Solo would steer clear of that hemorrhoid field. It's not a challenge, it's a waste of time.

Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    RNG is in the game so people keep playing it. Every MMO has it. If everything just dropped the game would be dead overnight.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    RNG is in the game so people keep playing it. Every MMO has it. If everything just dropped the game would be dead overnight.

Even if you have 4 friends running the dungeon with you it's a 1:156 ratio it'll drop the right trait if they all agree to give it to you if they get it. Do you know if any of your friends would mind running a dungeon 156 times to help. Mine would do maybe twice a day just to help. Maybe 1:200 wouldn't be to bad. Still grind. Still RNG but at least you'll Probably get it in 50 runs with friends.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If everything just dropped I'd be able to gear out my characters and actually play the game like I want.

Some degree of RNG is fine, but ESO's is much more punishing than one would want.
    Edited by Kartalin on November 1, 2016 10:33PM
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still no wp drop in automatons NOT EVEN ONE SWORD OR DAGGER OR AXE MACE NOT 1 ONE HANDED WP HAS BEEN DROOPED WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!

bt its ok i can just go and buy it instead of wasting my #$%&^# time farming it.. OH WAIT they are all BOP silly me what was i thinking.. back to wasting my time farming for one weapon and hope i get it the right trait
    Edited by ForsakenSin on November 2, 2016 12:29AM
    "By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
    However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

Arise From Darkness Forsaken SIn
    "You have been a loyal High Elf Magica Sorc
    Conjure of Darkness, Master of Magic
    Killer of Molag Bal and Savior of Ebonheart Pact
    Until Dark Brotherhood killed you...
    but now..NOW its time to Arise From Darkness once again..."

• code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Then you have failed to understand the point of this thread.

Getting armor pieces in the right traits still requires a good amount of farming. I've run dozens of CoA farms (something that most of the player base would not even bother doing) for Burning Spellweave and am still missing 2 pieces in the trait that I want. That's a level of grind that I'm okay with, though, because it's not out of reach, yet is still enough of a grind that it would take most of the player base quite some time.

Now contrast that armor grind with the weapons grind--1/32 or 1/36 drop chance per piece, vs. a 1/624 drop chance per piece. The problem in this thread about the weapon drop rate isn't that it's a RNG grind--the problem is a matter of degree, involving a drop rate that is wildly unrealistic for the vast majority of the player base.

This level RNG doesn't make me want to say, "I'll run that dungeon several hundred times!" Instead, it makes me want to say, "I'm not going to use weapons of that set in my build because it's just not worth it." Nobody likes a RNG grind, and any "longevity" achieved through one is artificial and comes with a lot of collateral damage in the form of people deciding to not even bother with the content--or even the game.
    Edited by code65536 on November 2, 2016 1:03AM

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas: