The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Dat Destro Ulti ....

• Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flawlless wrote: »
    I understand magicka players have been given something that makes them competitive so they don't want it nerfed, but an ultimate that can do 50-60k damage is way too much. Telling people to learn to play and 'just get out of it' is a bit ridiculous when all someone has to do is spam a gap closer on you to keep you in it. If Dawnbreaker did the same kind of damage and had the same mechanics you'd be complaining about that also. Stamina does need nerfs in terms of proc sets but so does this ultimate.

I die more often to dawnbreaker than the destro ulti and dawnbreaker has half the cost and does not require slotting a bad weapon.

I blame this ultimate on why I've been getting spammed with Weakness to Elements a lot more lately. :P

Fought against a few organized groups with this ultimate over the weekend and last night. I have to admit, it's quite powerful in the hands of skilled players inside the tight quarters of a Keep. It's a bit easier to fight in open field, at least to me. Time to adapt!
    Edited by Psilent on November 1, 2016 1:23PM
  • Magus
    Magus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Psilent wrote: »
    I understand magicka players have been given something that makes them competitive so they don't want it nerfed, but an ultimate that can do 50-60k damage is way too much. Telling people to learn to play and 'just get out of it' is a bit ridiculous when all someone has to do is spam a gap closer on you to keep you in it. If Dawnbreaker did the same kind of damage and had the same mechanics you'd be complaining about that also. Stamina does need nerfs in terms of proc sets but so does this ultimate.

I die more often to dawnbreaker than the destro ulti and dawnbreaker has half the cost and does not require slotting a bad weapon.

I blame this ultimate on why I've been getting spammed with Weakness to Elements a lot more lately. :P

Fought against a few organized groups with this ultimate over the weekend and last night. I have to admit, it's quite powerful in the hands of skilled players inside the tight quarters of a Keep. It's a bit easier to fight in open field, at least to me. Time to adapt!

I was running weakness to elements before this ultimate came out :P

Better hope they don't also have a negate in those tight spaces. The only counter is spamming heals / damage shields to get through the damage but you obviously can't do that within a negate unless you're running some weird boneshield group spec with stamina healers lol. Also don't forget the encase and bombard spam. So, basically another step in the direction of numbers win the day, every time.
    Duraeon / Maoh
    Former Emperor of Haderus, Trueflame, and Azura's Star
    PC/NA
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Psilent wrote: »

The best reason to slot destro staff, tbh. That buff can't be purged or removed. Too bad it's easier to get spell resistance than physical lol.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Flawlless
    Flawlless
    ✭✭✭

You die more often to an ultimate that does less than half the damage and can be purged or blocked? Show me a recap where Dawnbreaker did 50k damage.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You die more often to an ultimate that does less than half the damage and can be purged or blocked? Show me a recap where Dawnbreaker did 50k damage.
    [/quote]

The people that have that in a death recap means they can survive for 50k damage in 7 secs but that isn't a problem right? Maybe it ok that they are not immortal anymore and have something they need to watch out for. If that ultimate wasn't used do you think they would have died?

I got hit yesterday for 2 17+ Dawnbreakers from 2 different people at the same time. Which essentially is the cost. 8-9 initial hit 8-9 dot.

Since this update I actually log into my magic sorc daily. To play pvp. It's been 6 months or so and I can say there is good and bad. But I really enjoy being a threat again. As opposed to a negate machine or an easy target. I have played stam enough the past year or so to know that magic class are easy targets 80% of the time.

• Flawlless
    Flawlless
    ✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »

The people that have that in a death recap means they can survive for 50k damage in 7 secs but that isn't a problem right? Maybe it ok that they are not immortal anymore and have something they need to watch out for. If that ultimate wasn't used do you think they would have died?

I got hit yesterday for 2 17+ Dawnbreakers from 2 different people at the same time. Which essentially is the cost. 8-9 initial hit 8-9 dot.

Since this update I actually log into my magic sorc daily. To play pvp. It's been 6 months or so and I can say there is good and bad. But I really enjoy being a threat again. As opposed to a negate machine or an easy target. I have played stam enough the past year or so to know that magic class are easy targets 80% of the time.

Someone in heavy should probably be able to live through it if they can live through every other ultimate in the game unless it's properly timed. Ultimates are supposed to be for applying pressure to your target but they're not supposed to be an 'here's 50k damage I win' button.

Edited by Flawlless on November 1, 2016 8:14PM
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    mmmm yummy :)

Vicious Death + destro ulti = God Emily :)

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• KisoValley
    KisoValley
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Someone in heavy should probably be able to live through it if they can live through every other ultimate in the game unless it's properly timed. Ultimates are supposed to be for applying pressure to your target but they're not supposed to be an 'here's 50k damage I win' button.

Sets also aren't supposed to be 'here's a 1 shot mechanic by spamming 1 key".

Stop crying. It's magicka builds only defence against proc sets.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

[/quote]

If it was an I win button why do I see a full devoring swarm and a Velidreth proc on his death recap. Maybe this ultimate serves to be the counter to "I live through everything build"

I can tell you on my templar pvp tank. I can laugh "emote" while getting hit by multiple people. Now I have to worry about someones ultimate. 1 person can at least put enough pressure to swing that fight from fighting a "brick wall" to at least make me move around and use some skill away from at least one of those people so they don't coordinate anything.
  • Flawlless
    Flawlless
    ✭✭✭
    KisoValley wrote: »

Sets also aren't supposed to be 'here's a 1 shot mechanic by spamming 1 key".

Stop crying. It's magicka builds only defence against proc sets.

If you go back a page and look at my first post in the thread I admitted they also need to be nerfed. I'm not going to be biased and say procs are okay because the destro ultimate is overpowered, neither are good for PvP.

• Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Dawnbreaker is instant, it can be animation cancelled (dodge or block what exactly?), the damage isn't telegraphed until you're picking yourself up from the ground, and it leaves a strong DOT that we can't exactly run away from.

On top of that, it costs half of what this does. You can DB twice before a magicka build can do this once.

I was hit three times with this ult. I died once to it, but by that point I was already finished. (No health, mana, stam, or pot. It happens..)
  • Flawlless
    Flawlless
    ✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »

Dawnbreaker is instant, it can be animation cancelled (dodge or block what exactly?), the damage isn't telegraphed until you're picking yourself up from the ground, and it leaves a strong DOT that we can't exactly run away from.

On top of that, it costs half of what this does. You can DB twice before a magicka build can do this once.

I was hit three times with this ult. I died once to it, but by that point I was already finished. (No health, mana, stam, or pot. It happens..)

The DoT can be blocked or purged is what I was saying. Most of the time you won't need to use the destro ult twice because if you have a good build around it and know what you're doing, your target will be dead the first time. Honestly if you're really trying to make the argument that Dawnbreaker is better all I can do is laugh. I'm not going to sit here all day debating with people who would rather have something overpowered than healthy PvP.

• Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes. Without a doubt more of my deaths are attributed to dawnbreaker and it's not even close.

Dawnbreaker actually stuns you, causing you to lose control of your character. That DoT also continues to tick even if you move. It's a more dangerous ultimate, especially so since it is so cheap, can be animation cancelled, your opponent is actually uses a dangerous weapon with useful abilities and is likely to have to available to use when they want.

The destro ulti is just damage, damage that is more often than not avoidable with situational awareness.

• Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    All the people defending the Destro Ulti just because Stamina has ridiculous proc gear are exactly the type of total nitwits that Wrobel seems to design for.
  • pcar944
    pcar944
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    All the people defending the Destro Ulti just because Stamina has ridiculous proc gear are exactly the type of total nitwits that Wrobel seems to design for.

good luck rolling out of Viper proc
    One Tamriel killed PVP

DC Magicka Orc Necromancer climbing those ranks ...
  • Aquanova
    Aquanova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's nothing wrong with this ultimate, only thing wrong is with the player's complaining about it. I'm not even going to explain what they should do to avoid instant death to this as I've already done so on similar posts about other perceived OP skills/ultimates like Jesus beam and Soul Assault.

L2P you elitist scrubs!
    NA/PC
  • Skitttles
    Skitttles
    ✭✭✭✭
    This Ult is hilarious. When someone drops it just watch everyone b-line it full sprint away from it. They (me too) scatter like ants, cracks me up everytime.
    Skittles | DC Stem Sok and sumtimes Nertbled
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skitttles wrote: »
    This Ult is hilarious. When someone drops it just watch everyone b-line it full sprint away from it. They (me too) scatter like ants, cracks me up everytime.

As a mag build I will just spam shields through it. No biggie. as a stam build going against one player I can easily cc and avoid most damage with some combo of sprint, dodge, los etc. Against a group as stam build, I will gap close to someone outside of it or since many groups are using old bomb group tactics where they just run at people like a train, I just dodgeroll through them and out the back side lol.
  • Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The sad reality is that any medium armour build is RIP the moment a destro user pops this ulti and has a gap closer or streak.

So once again it comes down to "go heavy or don't bother PvPing". Overall it's a pretty good update for Xv1ing people though.. stam builds can just proc you to death and destro users can just pop a few storms if youre being too annoying and they want to end you quickly.
  • KisoValley
    KisoValley
    ✭✭✭✭✭

All the people crying about the Destro Ulti just because it is the only legitimate counter to proc builds for a magicka build that isn't a heavy magplar are exactly the type of total nitwits that Wrobel seems to design for.

@Lava_Croft
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Valencer wrote: »
    The sad reality is that any medium armour build is RIP the moment a destro user pops this ulti and has a gap closer or streak.

So once again it comes down to "go heavy or don't bother PvPing". Overall it's a pretty good update for Xv1ing people though.. stam builds can just proc you to death and destro users can just pop a few storms if youre being too annoying and they want to end you quickly.

bc u can just spam this super cheap ult am I right -.-
  • Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valencer wrote: »

bc u can just spam this super cheap ult am I right -.-

And that matters how? Yeah, for sustained long fights the ulti cost matters but for open world cyrodiil PvP you can just engage when you have your ulti ready and instantly end a fight right then and there.

Why do we need so many fricking one-button wonders? Instagibbing people with proc sets and this ulti are both ridiculous.
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

All the people crying about the Destro Ulti just because it is the only legitimate counter to proc builds for a magicka build that isn't a heavy magplar are exactly the type of total nitwits that Wrobel seems to design for.

@Lava_Croft
    Fighting fire with fire just burns down the house.

Destro Ulti is not a counter to proctatos at all. What it hurts the most are Light Armored Magicka users who have less mitigation, less evasion and less mobility.

[Edit to remove baiting]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on November 5, 2016 7:40PM
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

@Lava_Croft

Destro Ulti is not a counter to proctatos at all. What it hurts the most are Light Armored Magicka users who have less mitigation, less evasion and less mobility.

Imitation is the highest form of flattery.

Thanks for confirming nitwit status.

I think the problem with ZOS is that they'll just nerf the destro ultimate so that stam players can ignore it and sit inside of it like a cozy sauna. Which is what every stam player wants. Meanwhile, they'll add new 100% stam proc sets, and won't do anything on that front.

The only change this ult needs is clearer boundaries so you know for sure when you're in it (like siege). It also shouldn't go through walls or ceilings. That's about it.

The eye of the storm morph does 7 ticks of 4-5K, and if you just GTFO you'll take 2 ticks tops.

The other morph does a LOT more damage and it probably should. Again. Don't stand in it. Area denial effect spells like the destro ult and negate allow great strategy in a siege.
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Lava_Croft

[Edit to remove baiting]

Can confirm. :cry:
  • Cyrediath
    Cyrediath
    ✭✭✭
    Is there any mitigation if more than 2 sorcerers comes with eye of storm? or you just take x2 or x3 eye of storm damage?
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cyrediath wrote: »
    Is there any mitigation if more than 2 sorcerers comes with eye of storm? or you just take x2 or x3 eye of storm damage?

You eat full damage from all
  • Isellskooma
    Isellskooma
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've had 75k destro ULT, it's hard to move when you have two fengrush tanks spamming Incase and negate on 5 people.
    Edited by Isellskooma on December 28, 2016 4:35PM
  • Pallio
    Pallio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems the next nerf patch is all about helping the PVP whiners, so assume the destro alt and anything else they like to cry about will be getting nerfed. Much like the Sorc shields of old, proc sets, destro alt, Jesus beam, stealth. .who knows gather your tears and let ZOS know what they should nerf for you.
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallio wrote: »
    Seems the next nerf patch is all about helping the PVP whiners, so assume the destro alt and anything else they like to cry about will be getting nerfed. Much like the Sorc shields of old, proc sets, destro alt, Jesus beam, stealth. .who knows gather your tears and let ZOS know what they should nerf for you.

It's a very George Orwell Animal Farm mentality. "I don't like it! I've died to it so it so it must be OP! Get rid of it!"

I'm so sick and tired of it. The complaints about destro and poisons and this and that are beyond belief anymore.