The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Dat Destro Ulti ....

• KisoValley
    KisoValley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can tell by the responses who plays stamina builds and who plays magicka/both.

As a stamina main, I cannot wait for the day stamina/magicka become balanced (hopefully next patch, but it's Zos after all). Was at a fight yesterday, 10 or so AD vs 15 EP. 10 of those EP were NB viper/veli gankers. 4 of the other 5 were stam DKs/Sorcs with tremorscale/viper/black rose (there was 1 mag sorc, it was good to see lol...). If I survived 1 gank, the next 1 came in. I survive that, the next ganker came in. Kas even whispered me mentioning how many NB's there were lol.

Was actually awful to see 2/3 of a 15 man group were NB's trying to gank. God bless Master Kas for wiping them.
    Options
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    KisoValley wrote: »
    You can tell by the responses who plays stamina builds and who plays magicka/both.

As a stamina main, I cannot wait for the day stamina/magicka become balanced (hopefully next patch, but it's Zos after all). Was at a fight yesterday, 10 or so AD vs 15 EP. 10 of those EP were NB viper/veli gankers. 4 of the other 5 were stam DKs/Sorcs with tremorscale/viper/black rose (there was 1 mag sorc, it was good to see lol...). If I survived 1 gank, the next 1 came in. I survive that, the next ganker came in. Kas even whispered me mentioning how many NB's there were lol.

Was actually awful to see 2/3 of a 15 man group were NB's trying to gank. God bless Master Kas for wiping them.

I still have nightmares about the marks & procs :disappointed:
    EU | PC
    Options
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This. But people are just people, we will always try to take as much we can for our self. Also most of us dont want to see our own mistakes. When we die, we blame enemy that uses broken mechanics, OP skills or sets, we dont want to think that we did something wrong. I say we, as we all are like this, more or less. Sooner you admit that you do some mistakes, sooner you will became stronger ;)
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
    Options
  • Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both stamina proc builds and magicka destro ultis are insanity, and neither should be a thing. Does that sound better?

Says a lot about this game when there are builds so horrible to fight that some people are OK with tactical nukes being added just to counter them.
    Options
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Most people just don't care for anything except the thing that killed them and the thing they use to kill others.

These simpletons are the people Wrobel works for.
    Options
  • KisoValley
    KisoValley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valencer wrote: »
    Both stamina proc builds and magicka destro ultis are insanity, and neither should be a thing. Does that sound better?

Says a lot about this game when there are builds so horrible to fight that some people are OK with tactical nukes being added just to counter them.

Exactly my point. I hate to say it but destro ulti is my only counter to these proc sets which is completely wrong but until proc sets are sorted out, I'm perfectly happy with destro ulti's being just as insane.
    Options
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Exactly my point. I hate to say it but destro ulti is my only counter to these proc sets which is completely wrong but until proc sets are sorted out, I'm perfectly happy with destro ulti's being just as insane.
    Thanks for admitting that the general health of PvP is of no concern to you. Wrobel has at least won you over.
    Edited by Lava_Croft on October 29, 2016 6:54PM
    Options
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »

Thanks for admitting that the general health of PvP is of no concern to you. Wrobel has at least won you over.

Better that both magica and stamina have OP skills than just Stamina.
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

Options
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have yet to die in a 1v1 on any of my toons because of a destro ult. Even in an outnumbered situation it is hardly ever the reason I die. Destro ult is not that bad.
    Options
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Satiar wrote: »

Progress is easier when only one side is OP. Everything being OP implies stagnation, a stalemate.
    Edited by Lava_Croft on October 29, 2016 8:07PM
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Progress is easier when only one side is OP. Everything being OP implies stagnation, a stalemate.

Your side of course. Get your finger off the scale.

Options
  • KisoValley
    KisoValley
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No thanks. The lack of magicka builds in PvP even with this OP ult is bad enough. If they nerfed it now, you won't see any at all lol.
    Edited by KisoValley on October 29, 2016 8:20PM
    Options
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You seem to be under the impression that there is positive forward motion on the horizon.
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

Options
  • Erondil
    Erondil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have yet to die in a 1v1 on any of my toons because of a destro ult. Even in an outnumbered situation it is hardly ever the reason I die. Destro ult is not that bad.

This. Its an extremely strong ult, def need a change to make the aoe radius more distinguable but people are over reacting. Even if I faced it a bunch of time I've almost never died to it when I'm solo, smallscale or in duels, burst ultimates are causing me much more trouble.
    And on my solo build I dont even find myself using it that much, eventhough I have it slotted.
    Edited by Erondil on October 29, 2016 9:41PM
    ~retired~
    EU server, former Zerg Squad and Banana Squad officer
    Dennegor NB AD, AvA 50 Grand Overlord 24/05/2016
    rekt you NB AD, AvA 32
    Erondil Sorc AD, AvA 23
    Denne the Banana Slayer NB EP, AvA 14
    Darth Dennegor lv50 Stamina NB DC, AvA 19
    Youtube Channel
    Options
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »

Your side of course. Get your finger off the scale.
    I only play Magicka... Most organized raids consist mainly of Magicka. Stamina is OP as ***, but let's not pretend like Magicka is barely present in Cyrodiil.
    Edited by Lava_Croft on October 29, 2016 10:21PM
    Options
  • Chuga_Rei
    Chuga_Rei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Me and a friend were running around TF all day in light armor with destro staves larping as flamethrowers. Everything we touched tended to melt, but we had this habit of going BOOM the second someone touched us. Was crazy fun and a really cool change from the usual. If you were DC you probably got to hear my copypasta but if not I might as well share it with you.

"Do you know what the Destruction ultimate eye of the storm sounds like? It roars like a dragon, a fiery god purging everything in its path. Hit that ultimate key bind and woosh drowns out everything else. Focus on that noise and you can almost convince yourself you dont hear the screams. By the time those 7 seconds are up, everything is over, even the men are quiet. Theres nothing but the crackling of burning thatch.

you see friends...its not the noise that keeps me awake at night, its the silence"
    MAIN: Subtomik |DC| Templar| Grand Overlord| Magicka since release(GET RID OF RD and give me back blinding flashes!)
    Scrubtomik|EP |Templar|Rerolled to help outnumbered EP
    Urban Youth|DC | Nightblade|AVA RANK 15| Stam
    Not A Racist |EP|Nightblade| Magicka| Maelstrom farmer
    Triggered Liberal|DC| New maelstrom farmer lol
    Pls Send Nudes |AD| DK

GM of Full Metal Carebears
    No Mercy
    AutoBots
    K-hole

Gone but not forgotten, Braidas, Marku, and a dozen other heroes
    Options
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Chuga_Rei wrote: »
    Me and a friend were running around TF all day in light armor with destro staves larping as flamethrowers. Everything we touched tended to melt, but we had this habit of going BOOM the second someone touched us. Was crazy fun and a really cool change from the usual. If you were DC you probably got to hear my copypasta but if not I might as well share it with you.

"Do you know what the Destruction ultimate eye of the storm sounds like? It roars like a dragon, a fiery god purging everything in its path. Hit that ultimate key bind and woosh drowns out everything else. Focus on that noise and you can almost convince yourself you dont hear the screams. By the time those 7 seconds are up, everything is over, even the men are quiet. Theres nothing but the crackling of burning thatch.

you see friends...its not the noise that keeps me awake at night, its the silence"

I've been sooooo tempted to do this!
    Options
  • Zeuq
    Zeuq
    ✭✭✭
    Seems someone ran out of stamina in a destro ult try running tri pots and tri food could help with resource sustain.
    Zeúq - Magicka Dragonknight DC
    Zeuq - Stamina Dragonknight DC
    Reyals (Previously Hugh Heffner) - Stamina Nightblade EP
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_VKMbppimZeaSNG4S_1-KQ
    Options
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The funniest thing is that there are still people complaining about AOE caps.

- EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
    AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
    EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
    AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
    AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
    EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
    AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
    AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
    EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
    EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
    DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
    DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB

>320.000.000 AP
    Options
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love this new Ult, and I don't want the damage to be nerfed or else it will become totally useless over Meteor in PvE. There is no issue with Elemental Storm or the Elemental Rage morph. Eye of the Storm is the issue.

The best solution I can think of is to nerf the damage on this morph, or maybe have it work similar to Proximity Detonation where damage increases per enemy hit. (decrease damage by 50%, then have it increase in damage by 5% for each target hit up to 10 targets)

NERF THE MORPH NOT THE SKILL PLZ!!!!

As it stands, I struggle to pick between Elemental Rage or Shooting star in PvE. This is awesome because I now have two options for dealing good damage that both come with different benefits. Considering the general uselessness of Wrath of the Storm in PvE over Elemental Rage, it's clear that this morph was meant for PvP and is now overperforming.
    Edited by Vaoh on October 30, 2016 2:33AM
    Options
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It costs a lot. It hits hard. It's really devasting at choke points. A coordinated negate plus destro ult? My mDK is probably dead since it takes two dodge rolls to get out of it and in an extended fight, I probably don't have enough stam reserves for two successive dodges.

I don't have an issue with any of this. I wish for that ult cost Standard was nearly as devastating without someone having to pick up a shackle.

The poor visibility, however, is a big problem.
    Options
  • Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My opinions:

As a Mag Sorc this ultimate was a great addition to a class that was forced into using a stamina based ultimate (Dbos, meteor is useless against a good player if you don't have a CC that goes through block).

That being said it is very powerful, but it's powerful against Stamina... It, like RD adds another counter to the Dodge roll and shuffle through any and all damage meta. Which makes it feel (for Stamina victims) very powerful. As a Sorcerer I may have died to this ultimate once or twice. My counter for it is a streak, which wastes 1/3 of their 250 cost ultimate, and warding which drops it to a measly 5k to 7k tick on shields if not less.

But there are ultimates that are targeted towards Magicka players (Negate, Spell shield, Dbos with its Hard CC).

Also it is still going through its, All New powerful ability that I haven't learned how to counter yet, stage.
    Options
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frozywozy wrote: »
    Mayrael wrote: »
    It should be like this. You have three categories. DPS, survivabilty, sustain. You can always have one maxed. If you have 100% into DPS you have 0% and 0%

Been saying this for years.. constantly. Seems too complicated to implement. For this to work, they would need to totally revamp the champion points system, the skills and their morphs and the 5pc bonuses of each set.

Yeah, it's a mess.

Why we got a system where you can dump points in wherever you want and there's no downside to that choice is way over my head. Because people want to feel powerful I guess.

Personally I feel a system where if you put points into one field it lowers your other fields (so the more points into damage you do the lower your resists/mitigation) or something with some sort of balance in mind would have made more sense. What we got was more like a Skyrim single player game system with no real thought going into balance.

But it's not like it's much better in Azura, crazy sets seem to have become the mainstream.
    Options
  • manny254
    manny254
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jsmalls wrote: »
    My opinions:

As a Mag Sorc this ultimate was a great addition to a class that was forced into using a stamina based ultimate (Dbos, meteor is useless against a good player if you don't have a CC that goes through block).

That being said it is very powerful, but it's powerful against Stamina... It, like RD adds another counter to the Dodge roll and shuffle through any and all damage meta. Which makes it feel (for Stamina victims) very powerful. As a Sorcerer I may have died to this ultimate once or twice. My counter for it is a streak, which wastes 1/3 of their 250 cost ultimate, and warding which drops it to a measly 5k to 7k tick on shields if not less.

But there are ultimates that are targeted towards Magicka players (Negate, Spell shield, Dbos with its Hard CC).

Also it is still going through its, All New powerful ability that I haven't learned how to counter yet, stage.

Except magicka builds have a higher potential to be zerged by this skill. Magicka Templars and DK's rely on block more than most other classes, and have less mobility than a stamina build. Magicka NB snared in an AoE going to fall over unless they have a shade up. Sorc does have the best mobility to counter, but you can't cast a shield and streak at the same time.
    - Mojican
    Options
  • Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @manny254

Yea if a Zerg even uses 4 or 5 of these I honestly couldn't tell you a counter, I don't think any class would survive that Storm.

But a Templar can BoL through this ultimate for sure, they just have to know a CC within those 7 seconds means death. I've seen elusive mist used a lot when this ultimate is triggered, and it is an amazing counter that honestly with all the roots and snares, most Magicka has on their bars already.
    Options
  • Chuga_Rei
    Chuga_Rei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too be fair you aren't likely to survive 5 of any ultimate lol.

MAIN: Subtomik |DC| Templar| Grand Overlord| Magicka since release(GET RID OF RD and give me back blinding flashes!)
    Scrubtomik|EP |Templar|Rerolled to help outnumbered EP
    Urban Youth|DC | Nightblade|AVA RANK 15| Stam
    Not A Racist |EP|Nightblade| Magicka| Maelstrom farmer
    Triggered Liberal|DC| New maelstrom farmer lol
    Pls Send Nudes |AD| DK

GM of Full Metal Carebears
    No Mercy
    AutoBots
    K-hole

Gone but not forgotten, Braidas, Marku, and a dozen other heroes
    Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanct16 wrote: »
    The funniest thing is that there are still people complaining about AOE caps.

We have sets like Vicious Death and ultimates like this because there are AoE caps in the first place and do-it-all builds are so easy to attain in ESO.

What people aren't saying in this thread is that even an average build in PvP has enough healing, damage avoidance, and resistance that it takes something ridiculous like Eye of the Storm or mulit-procs to kill them in the first place. Couple that on top of a bomb-group with pocket healers and AoE caps, unless you hit them with a negate and numerous eyes, they won't die.

These sets and ultimates weren't created in a vacuum.
    Edited by Joy_Division on October 30, 2016 2:11PM
    Options
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jules wrote: »
    Anazasi wrote: »
    High player, I'd like to introduce Ms. Spinner.

Impen is PVP is a must.

If you are running less that 14k spell resist you may as well play naked.

If you are running max mit 33k resists that would have been roughly 23k damage.

Purge is your friend. Elemental Drain = 5k more spell pen pay attention to what is happening to you.

I wear 5 heavy 1 medium 1 light. I have 5 impen. I have approximately 23-24k spell resist buffed.

Maybe it's just me, and I'm
    Jules wrote: »
    It is easy to spout l2p and the like as many have done. But as one person pointed out, a death recap would never have been able to make it to a 50k incoming damage if it were indeed a l2p issue, because I would have been dead long before 50k incoming damage would have had a chance to occur. He uses the morph that follows above his head and he also runs a gap closer/stun. It's not hard to figure out why this is an effective and lethal combination.

If I were "just standing in it" like a moron like some have assumed, I would have died with a death recap closer to ~15k. Instead, I did heal, I did attempt to tank it, and almost succeeeded as my friend/opponent would verify. With that much incoming damage it is difficult to do much else but play defensively. Had I attempted to swap to offense to get him off me, had I done nearly anything but heal in that scenario I would have died nearly instantly. Because turning and becoming offensive or CC'ing a target still would have required being underneath his 8-9k per second ulti that was ticking on me.

I am of the opinion that magicka does indeed need a buff or stam needs a nerf in order to bring balance back between the two. However I have also, never, in two 1/2 years of playing this game seen any single thing on any death recap with a number this high, ever. Do some things on stam need to be toned down? Absolutely. Stam sustain vs magicka sustain is a joke, stam damage is still much higher, shuffle, black rose, dawnbreaker. The list is long and splinters off into many other separate comparisons and conversations.

But to those defending this ulti because magicka is lagging behind or because "we finally have something good"- ask yourself, is this really the course of action to best balance cyrodiil? Make every build incredibly OP and we can all be Demigods together?

I hate to admit this but I agree with you. I'm magicka and I refuse to run a destro and that ulti. It's disgusting right now how many people are running it and doing so in large groups and then turning around and acting like they're incredibly skilled. :eyeroll
    Options
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

It's powerful against more than just stamina. If you don't have streak (i.e. the rest of the magicka classes), mist form is really your only counter, and vamp is not an unmixed blessing.
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    I love this new Ult, and I don't want the damage to be nerfed or else it will become totally useless over Meteor in PvE. There is no issue with Elemental Storm or the Elemental Rage morph. Eye of the Storm is the issue.

The best solution I can think of is to nerf the damage on this morph, or maybe have it work similar to Proximity Detonation where damage increases per enemy hit. (decrease damage by 50%, then have it increase in damage by 5% for each target hit up to 10 targets)

NERF THE MORPH NOT THE SKILL PLZ!!!!

As it stands, I struggle to pick between Elemental Rage or Shooting star in PvE. This is awesome because I now have two options for dealing good damage that both come with different benefits. Considering the general uselessness of Wrath of the Storm in PvE over Elemental Rage, it's clear that this morph was meant for PvP and is now overperforming.

AOE caps at 6 players though, no more.
    NBrookus wrote: »

It's powerful against more than just stamina. If you don't have streak (i.e. the rest of the magicka classes), mist form is really your only counter, and vamp is not an unmixed blessing.

Really? Last two or three I actually just dodge rolled out. It worked fine.
    Edited by Minalan on October 30, 2016 2:57PM
    Options