Witches Festival Loot Guide

code65536
code65536
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
NEW: Plunder Skull Timer addon for PC/Mac

As far as I can tell, these are all of the items that you can get in-game from the Witches Festival:

So there are a total of 25 items for you to collect! Happy hunting!
Edited by code65536 on October 14, 2016 11:06PM
Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
Personal best scores:
Dungeon trifectas:
Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Jerdeh
    Jerdeh
    ✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    As far as I can tell, these are all of the items that you can get in-game from the Witches Festival:
    1. Hollowjack Motif: 14 chapters
    2. Recipes: 9 total (complete list of the recipes and, for addon developers, a list of their item codes)
      • 1 green
      • 5 blue
      • 2 purple
      • 1 gold
    3. Hats
      • Pumpkin Spectre Mask
        RxwZqCC.png
      • Scarecrow Spectre Mask
        [img][/img]d4cajfh.png

Nice :) Do you know what's the drop rate for the masks. Been farming like 4 hours but only got the motifs.
    Been playing since betas 2014
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice :) Do you know what's the drop rate for the masks. Been farming like 4 hours but only got the motifs.

There is insufficient data at the moment to say anything meaningful about the drop rates. Across all of my characters, I had gotten 69 skulls today. I've gotten 1 mask, 0 gold recipes, 4 purple recipes (all of the same type, unfortunately--haven't gotten around to trading my dupes yet), and the rest are motifs and blue/green recipes.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • itehache
    itehache
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's funny, I have gotten only 6 skulls and got the gold recipe from the 4th one xD
    Tomorrow I will have more time to farm, I hope I get a mask!
  • UlfgarHrothgarson
    I've been camping one spot for over eight hours. I've got no masks. Three different people got a mask when they arrived in the past hour. Two of them got the mask I'm here for.

I'm all kinds of angry.

nevermind that this isn't the account name I chose at account creation. Some administrator changed my stuff.
  • Unsent.Soul
    Unsent.Soul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been camping one spot for over eight hours. I've got no masks. Three different people got a mask when they arrived in the past hour. Two of them got the mask I'm here for.

I'm all kinds of angry.

nevermind that this isn't the account name I chose at account creation. Some administrator changed my stuff.

1 spot for 8 hours? You know it's ANY boss right? Not just that 1...
  • UlfgarHrothgarson

I'm all kinds of angry.

Yes. But it's time wasted trying to find the next boss.
  • Unsent.Soul
    Unsent.Soul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm all kinds of angry.

The same time wasted while you twiddle your thumbs for 3-5 minutes waiting on that respawn.

To each their own, 8 hours in 1 spot seems like hell, I couldn't do it. You have 3 weeks to gather these items.
  • UlfgarHrothgarson
    With no guarantee that the scarecrow mask will drop, it seems like rolling dice to play it to fate that it might drop if i played like normal people do.
  • Arora
    Arora
    ✭✭✭
    2. Recipes: 9 total (complete list of the recipes and, for addon developers, a list of their item codes)
      • 1 green
      • 5 blue
      • 2 purple
      • 1 gold
    3. Hats
      • Pumpkin Spectre Mask
        RxwZqCC.png
      • Scarecrow Spectre Mask
        d4cajfh.png

technically your missing the style material for the motifs XD
    Arora Moon - EB- Nightblade
    Arora Moonlight- EB- Sorcerer
    - GM Souless-

Hail Sithis - Glory to the Night Mother

• SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hey code, you said there are 3 masks but you linked only 2.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Unsent.Soul
    Unsent.Soul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arora wrote: »
      • 1 green
      • 5 blue
      • 2 purple
      • 1 gold
    3. Hats
      • Pumpkin Spectre Mask
        RxwZqCC.png
      • Scarecrow Spectre Mask
        d4cajfh.png

Grinstone ( grim harlequin ) has yet to have been reported to drop. Only motif style stone is for hallowed jack.
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SanTii.92 wrote: »
    hey code, you said there are 3 masks but you linked only 2.

Hats are the 3rd on the list. @SanTii.92
    Edited by Ankael07 on October 14, 2016 4:16AM
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Grinstone ( grim harlequin ) has yet to have been reported to drop. Only motif style stone is for hallowed jack.

Since Grim Harlequin is a crown store exclusive, it will not drop anywhere in the game. However, you can decon Grim Harlequin equipment for the style stones (I did try this method and it worked fine).
  • AJTC5000
    AJTC5000
    ✭✭✭
    Arora wrote: »
      • 1 green
      • 5 blue
      • 2 purple
      • 1 gold
    3. Hats
      • Pumpkin Spectre Mask
        RxwZqCC.png
      • Scarecrow Spectre Mask
        d4cajfh.png

Grinstones do not drop from monsters. The idea with them is that you craft something using the Crown Mimic Stone, and then if you really want the Grinstone you can decon the piece of gear you just made - hence why they threw in 54 Crown Mimic Stones with the motif instead of 54 Grinstones
    • PC/NA - @AJTC5000
      DC - Alena-Draco - Dunmer Magicka Templar

PvE Achievements
      Trials
      • vHRC HM
      • vAA HM
      • vSO HM
      • vMoL HM (Dro-m'Athra Destroyer)
      • vHoF HM (Tick-Tock Tormentor/The Dynamo)
      • vAS HM (Saintly Saviour/Immortal Redeemer)
      • vCR HM
      • vSS HM
      • vRG (Oax HM)
      • vDSR (Reef Guardian HM)

Arenas
      • vMA Flawless
      • vBRP
      • vVA Flawless (Spirit Slayer)

Dungeons
      • vFL HM (Leave No Bone Unbroken)
      • vSCP HM (Mountain God)
      • vMHK HM (Pure Lunacy)
      • vMoS HM (Apex Predator)
      • vFV HM (Relentless Raider)
      • vDoM HM (Depths Defier)
      • vLoM HM (Nature's Wrath)
      • vMGF HM (Defanged the Devourer)
      • vIcereach HM (No Rest for the Wicked/Storm Foe)
      • vUG HM (In Defiance of Death/Bonecaller's Bane)
      • vSG HM
      • vCT HM (Bane of Thorns)
      • vBDV HM (Ardent Bibliophile)
      • vCauldron HM (Subterranean Smasher)
      • vRPB HM (Bastion Breaker/of the Silver Rose)
      • vDC HM (Battlespire's Best/The Dreaded)
      • vCA HM
      • vSR HM
      • vERE HM (Invaders' Bane)
      • vGD HM (Fist of Tava)
      • vSH HM (Magnastylus in the Making/Curator's Champion)
      • vBS HM (Temporal Tempest)
  • clocksstoppe
    clocksstoppe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm all kinds of angry.

The same time wasted while you twiddle your thumbs for 3-5 minutes waiting on that respawn.

To each their own, 8 hours in 1 spot seems like hell, I couldn't do it. You have 3 weeks to gather these items.

You can, you know, alt tab and do something else for 3min.
  • Suter1972
    Suter1972
    ✭✭✭✭
    So far had the following

1) 5 x hollow chests
    2) 1x hollow belt
    3) 1x blue recipe
    4) 1x gold recipe

Have also found you need to be in zone approx. your level or higher. Ie I went back to a starter zone and nothing dropped from the delve boss or the dolmen I did.

I went just one zone back and got the drops.

The guild chat was going crazy with people swapping motifs. If ZOS intended the additional social interaction from this, then they succeeded. Ive now got a full set of light armour style and broke the ice with some guild mates. Shameless plug for Flappy lips guild!!

Well done ZOS
    Edited by Suter1972 on October 14, 2016 7:23AM
    Was - Breton DC ( GIRL - Guy In Real Life toon) Magika Templar Healer/ 5-8 trait Crafter - currently CP290 and learning now starting again on xbox…...

xbox suter1972 - Character name - Hota Woskeef

Xbox EU ESO+ Mature (40+) UK casual gamer
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I almost have the motif done (4 pieces left)
    I got the golden en 2 purple recipes
    And I found the scarecrow mark

And that was in less then 3 hours.

Also I really like the skeleton polymorph. I already had the EP skeleton and the DB one. But this one has a better robe. I hope we can keep the polymorph after the festival. It really fits my vampire magblade.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • feyii
    feyii
    ✭✭✭✭
    Suter1972 wrote: »
    So far had the following

1) 5 x hollow chests
    2) 1x hollow belt
    3) 1x blue recipe
    4) 1x gold recipe

Have also found you need to be in zone approx. your level or higher. Ie I went back to a starter zone and nothing dropped from the delve boss or the dolmen I did.

The guild chat was going crazy with people swapping motifs. If ZOS intended the additional social interaction from this, then they succeeded. Ive now got a full set of light armour style and broke the ice with some guild mates. Shameless plug for Flappy lips guild!!

Well done ZOS

Not sure if you are aware, but there is a cooldown for the drops. I think it was something like 8 minutes, but not sure about the exact time. That is, if you kill multiple bosses within 8 minutes, only one will drop a plunder skull.
  • Suter1972
    Suter1972
    ✭✭✭✭
    feyii wrote: »
    Suter1972 wrote: »
    So far had the following

1) 5 x hollow chests
    2) 1x hollow belt
    3) 1x blue recipe
    4) 1x gold recipe

Well done ZOS

Not sure if you are aware, but there is a cooldown for the drops. I think it was something like 8 minutes, but not sure about the exact time. That is, if you kill multiple bosses within 8 minutes, only one will drop a plunder skull.

yeah knew about the cool down but I thought that was just for the player and not the bosses. Are you saying that if someone killed the boss before me, but he respawned within the cooldown, then I wouldn't get the drop? that could explain it. I thought it was just stopping me from trying it on with easy prey
    Was - Breton DC ( GIRL - Guy In Real Life toon) Magika Templar Healer/ 5-8 trait Crafter - currently CP290 and learning now starting again on xbox…...

• feyii
    feyii
    ✭✭✭✭
    no, the cooldown should only apply, if you killed the boss
  • zuto40
    zuto40
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the cooldown should be removed, messing with my mask farming :/
    Stamblade- Legate
    Tank/Heals Templar- Sergeant
    Magic DK- Corporal
    Stam DK- Sergeant
    Stamplar- Corporal

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy8uqORxhlrMh8oz2230s9g
  • Suter1972
    Suter1972
    ✭✭✭✭
    feyii wrote: »
    no, the cooldown should only apply, if you killed the boss

That’s what I thought, so what I said originally seems to still stack up unless someone has a different experience, ie you need to be hunting at a level appropriate to you and not just farming the starter areas

• altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
      • 1 green
      • 5 blue
      • 2 purple
      • 1 gold
    3. Hats
      • Pumpkin Spectre Mask
        RxwZqCC.png
      • Scarecrow Spectre Mask
        d4cajfh.png

could you please also post the screenshot of the hat (the 3rd one)?
  • Kemono
    Kemono
    ✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
      • 1 green
      • 5 blue
      • 2 purple
      • 1 gold
    3. Hats
      • Pumpkin Spectre Mask
        RxwZqCC.png
      • Scarecrow Spectre Mask
        d4cajfh.png

could you please also post the screenshot of the hat (the 3rd one)?

there are only two hats(masks).. well +2 extra in crown store
    You just got misleaded on text formating, its 1.. 2.. 3.. , 3 is just a section ;)
  • Mutagem
    Mutagem
    ✭✭✭
    72 plunder skulls in, So far I have gotten

2 pumpkin spectre masks
    1 scarecrow spectre mask

3 gold recipes

various other motifs

I'd say I'm definitely very lucky but it just goes to show you will more than likely get at least 1 or 2 for every 100 you do
    Mutagem - AD Stamina Nightblade - Prefect
    Mutagentleman - AD Magicka Templar - Palatine
    Mutageneticist - AD Magicka Sorcerer - Corporal
  • Legoless
    Legoless
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only farmed 19 skulls and I've already gotten one mask and the gold recipe. The drops seem pretty good!
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    How about the style mats for Hollowjack, what is the drop rate?
  • GDOFWR420
    GDOFWR420
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do normal maelstrom it will net you 9 skulls, 1 for each boss or grab some friends and farm the vaults of madness. Thanks zos for the great event.
  • Cody_svk
    Cody_svk
    ✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    How about the style mats for Hollowjack, what is the drop rate?

I think that you get them in each Plunder Skull, like 3-5 probably...Therefore, it is the least that you should be worrying about, because by the time you get all motif chapters, you will have maybe even 100...
  • jakeedmundson
    jakeedmundson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mutagem wrote: »
    72 plunder skulls in, So far I have gotten

2 pumpkin spectre masks
    1 scarecrow spectre mask

3 gold recipes

various other motifs

I'd say I'm definitely very lucky but it just goes to show you will more than likely get at least 1 or 2 for every 100 you do

the crazy thing is... i had a friend sell one of the masks for 400k yesterday on ps4.... and its REALLY easy to farm for it... even still people are asking to buy for over 100k.

i did 4 runs of normal MA and the only things i'm missing now are 1 of the masks and 1 purple recipe... quick and easy farming.
    CP690
    Lv 50 Dunmer DragonKnight Tank/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Sorcerer Dps
    Lv 50 Breton Templar Healer/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Nightblade Dps
    Lv 50 Redguard Sorcerer Dps
    PS4 - DC
    vSOHM - vAAHM - vHRC - vMA Flawless

My version of a Heavy Attack Sorc build
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/294724/magicka-sorc-heavy-attack-build-homestead-ready/p1?new=1