Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Do you even realize you have a PvP exclusive market?

• Khairiah
    Khairiah
    ✭✭✭
    The way I see 1Ts changes is following:

1: BoP gear change will hit my steady income from Trial gear very hard, whether its to PvP or PvE. (This I dont like very much since.. yea.. steady income??)

2: BoP gear change will now prevent people to ingame "P2W" and will "force" more people to actually do the content intended to obtain the gear. (This I like, more people to do the content with)
    2a: Since a good bunch of the Trial gear is being moved to overland its still possible to buy alot of gear. (Alright, I can deal with that)

3: I do understand the PvP'ers annoyance.. But it really isnt that difficult to do a dungeon for certain gear as most of them make it seem like. I mean.. We have 5 guild spots yea?

And in the end, it is one combined game. So if you want the best PvE gear for PvP, ofc you need to do the PvE content and if you want PvP gear/skills you have to do PvP.. Otherwise the game should be locked for players to either do PvE only or PvP only which would suck either way!

Also theres ALOT of posts about nerfing various skills to make PvP balanced and what not.. But do the PvP'ers consider what theese changes brings to all the PvE players(the unquestionable majority of this game)??

Edit: An option to this would be to seperate the skills abilitys to PvE and PvP, like in GuildWars 1.. But my guess is that this would still cause alot of threads on theese forums. :)

Edited by Khairiah on September 30, 2016 6:53PM
    Options
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do PvP folk *** and moan about PvE so much? You realise its an Elder Scrolls game right? You know, a PvE story driven game... you should have to actually play the game to get the prizes

Isn't the the game based on a 3 way war though. Besides the main story all the quest are basically leading into a 3 way war. So you should get the best prizes from ranking up and winning battles for your alliance
    Options
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Widowmaker - BoP
    Vicious Ophidian - BoP
    Black Rose - PvP, purchase
    Reactive - PvP, purchase
    Eternal hunt - Craftable
    SPC - BoP
    Kagrenac's - Craftable
    Vicious Death - PvP, purchase
    Gossamer - BoP
    Silks of the Sun - Purchase
    Elegance - Purchase
    Red Mountain - Purchase

The only sets that I can think of that are currently available for purchase that are relevant for PvP are Viper's Sting and I believe Skirmisher also becomes a dungeon drop but 2 sets that aren't in very hard areas to farm doesn't seem like much to complain about honestly. Granted I'm a little out of touch with PvP ATM so I'm unaware what has changed in regards to what sets are currently being utilized but I remember these sets being seen fairly often.
    Argonian forever
    Options
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a large base of players that play PvP.

That does not mean 100% of those players don't want anything to do with PvE.
    In fact, I'd estimate that number to be around 5%, not more.

For those players that religiously don't want to play PvE, there are still a lot of options to choose from.
    Considering everyone and their mother use Black Rose in PvP, I don't see what you have to complain about.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
    Options
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ghost-Shot wrote: »
    Gasp, you actually have to work for your gear, gods forbid. PVE isn't as terrible as you think it is. Some PVPers even mock PVEers...
    Also, all the PVPers complaining about certain skills and getting them nerfed royally screws over PVEers.

PvE isn't terrible, its just very repetitive which turns a lot of PvP'rs away from it. Also, contrary to what most PvE'rs will tell you, the skills getting nerfed thing is a two way street.

I also feel PvE is just not competitive, I always laugh when people say competitive PvE, like what does that even mean. The skills should also be balanced around PvP because in a PvP environment you can really tell what abilities are too strong a which abilities are too weak, because players can complain NPCs can't. Also on average I feel like PvP only players are usually better than PvE only players so they have a better understanding of game mechanics. I've pretty much beat all PvE content except the trials because getting a large group together to kill NPCs just isn't my thing. No PvE content I've played had been overly difficult even VMA was pretty easy after watching people run through it first
    Options
  • Rayste
    Rayste
    ✭✭✭
    davidj8291 wrote: »
    There is a sizable quantity of players who are relatively PvP exclusive and avoid PvE as much as possible.

You literally ruined their experience by forcing them into PvE in order to get set gear that is now Bind on Pickup with One Tamriel. People with limited play time who still want to be competitive now have to spend their limited time in dungeons grinding for good set gear instead of buying it from a Guild Trader.

Subsequently, you completely killed any PvE economy with the guild traders.

So what is the deal, ZOS? Are you unaware that you have a large PvP community? Do you just want crown sales and are content to let a large chunk of your market drift away from your game for the sake of it?

SWTOR cracked this puzzle long ago. PvP and PvE gear are mutually exclusive. PvP gear has a must have pvp stat that matters not in PvE (akin to impenenatrable, but much more pronounced) but is a must have for PvP. Different vendors sell different gear depending on what you want to do. The only downside to this is that you have to grind two sets if you want to do both. It had its cons, but I think this would be a good solution.
    The Teach - AD Templar
    Options
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gasp, you actually have to work for your gear, gods forbid. PVE isn't as terrible as you think it is. Some PVPers even mock PVEers...
    Also, all the PVPers complaining about certain skills and getting them nerfed royally screws over PVEers.

PvE isn't terrible, its just very repetitive which turns a lot of PvP'rs away from it. Also, contrary to what most PvE'rs will tell you, the skills getting nerfed thing is a two way street.

The alliance war is also very repetitive.
    One of the problems with games like this (MMO's), is certain players expect their favorite aspect of the game to be the main focus. GW2 was no different. The hardcore world vs world crowd wanted the all resources thrown into one aspect of the game.
    Getting data on who plays which aspects of this game might be fairly interesting. Hardcore alliance war players vs pve only players vs pvx players.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
    Options
  • The_Duke
    The_Duke
    ✭✭✭✭
    I speak only for myself, but I only set foot in pve to gather mats, tempers, and farm the little bit of gear I need. Once I have my build done Im in Cyrodiil. Till I come up with another one. BOP gear will definitely affect me in a negetive way.
    The Duke

Stamplar

Guild leader of The Dukes. PS4
    Options
  • Khaos_Bane
    Khaos_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Typhoios wrote: »
    Khaos_Bane wrote: »
    It's funny how so many PvP players whine about having to PvE for ANY reason. Yet, they laugh at people that only want to PvE(carebears) but have access to PvP skills and gear without having to PvP. The hypocrisy of that crowd does not surprise me at all.

You have access to PvP gear. Check any guild trader it is really cheap.

Not the stuff you buy with Tel Var stones.
    Why do PvP folk *** and moan about PvE so much? You realise its an Elder Scrolls game right? You know, a PvE story driven game... you should have to actually play the game to get the prizes

Isn't the the game based on a 3 way war though. Besides the main story all the quest are basically leading into a 3 way war. So you should get the best prizes from ranking up and winning battles for your alliance

That makes no sense.
    Options
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's funny how so many PvP players whine about having to PvE for ANY reason. Yet, they laugh at people that only want to PvE(carebears) but have access to PvP skills and gear without having to PvP. The hypocrisy of that crowd does not surprise me at all.

Not the stuff you buy with Tel Var stones..

That still isn't very expensive. I see Black Rose and Reactive in guild stores for 15K - 25K all the time. You can earn Tel Vars by killing mobs in IC. You might get ganked, but you don't actually have to kill any other players to earn that gear yourself. Anyway, the point is there are no PvP gear sets that are locked in PvP. All PvP gear is BoE so you can have access to it without ever setting foot in Cyrodiil.
    PC/EU DC
    Options
  • Khaos_Bane
    Khaos_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I also feel PvE is just not competitive, I always laugh when people say competitive PvE, like what does that even mean. The skills should also be balanced around PvP because in a PvP environment you can really tell what abilities are too strong a which abilities are too weak, because players can complain NPCs can't. Also on average I feel like PvP only players are usually better than PvE only players so they have a better understanding of game mechanics. I've pretty much beat all PvE content except the trials because getting a large group together to kill NPCs just isn't my thing. No PvE content I've played had been overly difficult even VMA was pretty easy after watching people run through it first

I almost completely disagree with this. First, PvP and PvE are entirely different games that require different gearing, builds, CP to perform at the most optimal level. I'm not sure where PvPrs always get that PvP players are better, I don't believe that is true at all. I have seen plenty of good PvP players that are frikkin terrible in Veteran dungeons, which most of them are not difficult at all. You learn strategies in PvP and in PvE, it's not all that different.

I do notice that PvP players are some of the biggest complainers and whiners though, even SOME of the streamers.

No skills should not be balanced of PvP. That can really dumb down the game and make all classes very very vanilla. Have a bunch of crying PvP players arguing that their class deserves a skill similar to class X. Only bad things come out of this, but that does seem that is where @Wrobel is headed anyway.

Options
  • PurifedBladez
    PurifedBladez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chew_Magna wrote: »
    The vast majority of players only do PvE content, yet we're "forced" to do PvP that we don't want to do for "required" PvP only skills to use in end game PvE content.

Your argument is invalid.

At least there's no rng to it.

Options
  • Glamdring
    Glamdring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvEppl that cry about they have to get into PvP to unlock vigor......u get that in a couple days of pvping and then u can leave cyrodiil forever. U compare that with the endless grind in vMSA and trials and dungeons to get the best PvP gear?!?! LOL
    Options
  • PurifedBladez
    PurifedBladez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glamdring wrote: »
    PvEppl that cry about they have to get into PvP to unlock vigor......u get that in a couple days of pvping and then u can leave cyrodiil forever. U compare that with the endless grind in vMSA and trials and dungeons to get the best PvP gear?!?! LOL

Uncomparable.

PVE players have an upper hand in PVP from the PVE content they complete.. make sense?

In all honesty though. PvP is dead.
    Edited by PurifedBladez on September 30, 2016 8:06PM
    Options
  • alexkdd99
    alexkdd99
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow you are funny.
    Keep on believing that great one.
    How can you not understand when you compete with someone for a spot on a leader board that you are being competitive.
    Anything in which there is a leaderboard you are competing for a spot against OTHER PLAYERS to be at the top. I don't know how you can be an expert or even better than others when you don't even know what being competitive is. Btw I play all aspects of this game and pvp is not more competitive or harder than the rest of the game. Here is a definition of competitive so you know what people mean when they say competitive pve.

Simple Definition of competitive
    : of or relating to a situation in which people or groups are trying to win a contest or be more successful than others : relating to or involving competition
    : having a strong desire to win or be the best at something
    : as good as or better than others of the same kind : able to compete successfully with others
    Options
  • ku5h
    ku5h
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glamdring wrote: »

Uncomparable.

PVE players have an upper hand in PVP from the PVE content they complete.. make sense?

In all honesty though. PvP is dead.

This is so much true....sadly
    Options
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    alexkdd99 wrote: »

Wow you are funny.
    Keep on believing that great one.
    How can you not understand when you compete with someone for a spot on a leader board that you are being competitive.
    Anything in which there is a leaderboard you are competing for a spot against OTHER PLAYERS to be at the top. I don't know how you can be an expert or even better than others when you don't even know what being competitive is. Btw I play all aspects of this game and pvp is not more competitive or harder than the rest of the game. Here is a definition of competitive so you know what people mean when they say competitive pve.

Simple Definition of competitive
    : of or relating to a situation in which people or groups are trying to win a contest or be more successful than others : relating to or involving competition
    : having a strong desire to win or be the best at something
    : as good as or better than others of the same kind : able to compete successfully with others

I would argue though that being good at PvP does take more talent than being good at PvE. Simply because enemy NPCs aren't chaining together CCs into burst combos or aren't using LoS when there health is low. It's alot harder to kill good players than it is to kill NPCs. I have nothing against PvE like I said I've beaten almost 90% of the game. it's all just too easy. Once you get bis gear just go in a melt NPCs. i don't think the leaderboards in PvP or PvE represent skill and if it's not skillful it can't really be competitive. Pve because VMA leaderboards only represent who is the best at dps it basically says you have to be dps to compete so if someone enjoys playing a healer or a tank or even a tankier build it's not viable. PvP leaderboards are just as bad because it's basically who can stay on all night and farm at resources. But you can make PvP competitive by finding good players to fight. You can't really do that in pve.This game in general isn't competitive (it's fun) but atleast you can't predict players for the most part. The reason alot of PVPers aren't always good in dungeons is because they just don't know the boss mechanics. Lol I'm not a expert
    Edited by thankyourat on September 30, 2016 9:24PM
    Options
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    yodased wrote: »
    Lol. Your small sampling of pvp players means nothing man.

Their choices are determined from their data, which states there is a majority of players who want mounts and costumes and care 0 about pvp.

And you have 0 data to back that up.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
    Options
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heard this before, said it before. You literally are preaching to deaf ears. Half of the community at least will take your side on this. Not even a full year ago, pve players were forced into pvp to obtain BiS gear, while everything they picked up was either junk or untradeable.

Don't take me the wrong way here, because I'm fully aware that my tone in this message is somewhat patronizing. It is not because I disagree with the concept of having BoE (because I've been on here whining and moaning about this change too, likely a great deal more), but because posting about this on the forums will get you nowhere. ZOS monitors some of this stuff, but not most of it. Their resources (as they have stated themselves) are almost exclusively dedicated to 1T. Couple that with their complete apathy towards these cries in the past, and your chances of seeing a reversal are about as good as the US making any form of progress in the next 4 years.

Options
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I almost completely disagree with this. First, PvP and PvE are entirely different games that require different gearing, builds, CP to perform at the most optimal level. I'm not sure where PvPrs always get that PvP players are better, I don't believe that is true at all. I have seen plenty of good PvP players that are frikkin terrible in Veteran dungeons, which most of them are not difficult at all. You learn strategies in PvP and in PvE, it's not all that different.

I do notice that PvP players are some of the biggest complainers and whiners though, even SOME of the streamers.

No skills should not be balanced of PvP. That can really dumb down the game and make all classes very very vanilla. Have a bunch of crying PvP players arguing that their class deserves a skill similar to class X. Only bad things come out of this, but that does seem that is where @Wrobel is headed anyway.

Pvpers are cry babies I won't argue that, balancing around PvP won't make the game bland it would make sure no one is overpowered. And PvP and PvE aren't two different games this is all one game and it would be better to balance around PvP than it would be to balance around PvE. I don't think there's a effective way to balance around both. I think the biggest reason PVPers complain the most is because balance hits them the hardest. If something is op in PvP it can literally make the game unenjoyable. ZoS also doesn't put as much effort into PvP as they do to PvE. Whatever PvEers have to complain about PVPers have to complain about as well because PvE is basically forced on you if you want to make money or you want to farm the best gear in the game. You really only have to PvP a couple hours if you want to get vigor. I been doing VMA for months and I still haven't gotten a destruction staff. But it's a mmo so I'm not going to complain
    Options
  • Khairiah
    Khairiah
    ✭✭✭

Uhm.. Competetive PvE is a thing.. its not like getting the most AP for repearing some walls in a taken keep or kill a bunch of players..
    To clarify competetive PvE to you.. its fairly similar to competetive PvP.. You want to be that top ranked group on the Trial Leaderboards, clear that new content first.. be the crowd the other people look towards when heading into unknown dangers..

And for the statement that PvPers make better players(note: I dont think PvPers suck) but most PvPers are thoose who think they can just Wrecking Blow everything to death in dungeons and not worrying about mechanics.. just saying..

No reason to laugh at PvE'ers..
    Edited by Khairiah on September 30, 2016 9:52PM
    Options
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Khairiah wrote: »

Uhm.. Competetive PvE is a thing.. its not like getting the most AP for repearing some walls in a taken keep or kill a bunch of players..
    To clarify competetive PvE to you.. its fairly similar to competetive PvP.. You want to be that top ranked group on the Trial Leaderboards, clear that new content first.. be the crowd the other people look towards when heading into unknown dangers..

And for the statement that PvPers make better players(note: I dont think PvPers suck) but most PvPers are thoose who think they can just Wrecking Blow everything to death in dungeons and not worrying about mechanics.. just saying..

No reason to laugh at PvE'ers..

So PVE is competitive because 0.01% of pve players compete for leaderboards? Alright, if you want to call it that... Still how do pvp related buffs and nerfs affect it? In every moment of "leaderboards" every guid/group has access to same skills and sets to theorycraft they best approach to this "competition". All skill can be blant deal 1 dmg, and it wouldnt affect your competition in any way...
    Options
  • Khairiah
    Khairiah
    ✭✭✭
    Yes! Lets make all skills do 1 dmg and 1 heal.. remove any racial and class passives while were at it. Thats the kind of balance you looking for?

You go beat down a 70m hp boss with attacks only dealing 1 dmg. :)

People are always talking "balance" in PvP.. What is this "balance" to you? Does it mean that you all want equal powerful abilities as in wanting the same abilities for all classes?
    Edited by Khairiah on September 30, 2016 10:27PM
    Options
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Garwulf wrote: »
    So doing a dungeon over and over again to get your required prize is following the story. The only time I have been in a situation similar is reading to a child and they only want you to read the same story for weeks on end.
    Sorry but in reality it is mind numing grinding pure and simple and for many as much fun as banging their head against a brick wall.

What a great analogy. I'm totally going to start using this. Example: we had a pretty chill weekend. Spent all day Saturday grinding Frozen with my Lady's nieces.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    Options
  • NoMoreChillies
    NoMoreChillies
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pvp QQ about Black Rose set being the new meta and BIS gear
    pvp QQ about having to grind PVE dungeons to get BIS gear

pick one
    Insulting people on the internet is cowardly.
    Options
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That makes no sense.

Nah, its about on Molag Bal and his attempts at ruling. There just happens to be a war on so PvP folk feel includesd, but the story would not change at all if PvP dissappeared.

Edited by Bobby_V_Rockit on October 1, 2016 1:24AM
    Options
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

That makes no sense.

Nah, its about on Molag Bal and his attempts at ruling. There just happens to be a war on so PvP folk feel includesd, but the story would not change at all if PvP dissappeared.

LMAO The war in Cyrodiil has a huge impact on the story. Otherwise why even bother drawing the three alliance leaders to an island for a meeting about Molag Bal?
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
    Options
  • malchior
    malchior
    ✭✭✭✭
    What are you doing with a PVP skill in PVE then? Stick to PVE skills...? The game does not dictate a PVP skill must be used in PVE content, the dictation has been brought in by the majority PVE players - you only have yourselves to blame.
    Chew_Magna wrote: »
    The vast majority of players only do PvE content, yet we're "forced" to do PvP that we don't want to do for "required" PvP only skills to use in end game PvE content.

Options
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Khairiah wrote: »
    Yes! Lets make all skills do 1 dmg and 1 heal.. remove any racial and class passives while were at it. Thats the kind of balance you looking for?

You go beat down a 70m hp boss with attacks only dealing 1 dmg. :)

People are always talking "balance" in PvP.. What is this "balance" to you? Does it mean that you all want equal powerful abilities as in wanting the same abilities for all classes?

Rofl, You completly lack any form of understanding what people mean. Even my post with you took from completly different point with completly invalid argument... So i will talk veeery sloowly to you:

No I am not looking for balance with 1dmg heal remove everything. I am just saying to you that if everything was in this way, pve competition would not be affected at all (except that people would get bored to play it and compete at all, thats another matter which I bet you would like to hook on...)

For you later, again kinda stupid point, no people dont mean make everything and everyone same when they say balance. They mean (or at least the smarter of them). Balance is more about everyone having useful strength and tolerable weakness. I wont offer you examples how does something inbalanced looked, because you wouldnt understand half of it.
    Options
  • xX_NachtJager_xx
    xX_NachtJager_xx
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with what some of these other guys are saying, if a pve player wants access to some of the best skill in the game then they have to grind pvp for it. And pvp is worse than pve, all of the lag still gives me nightmares! Pvp players think they should be catered to it seems. Whereas pve players just shut up and grind
    CP460 Magsorc, Stamblade, Templar Healer, DK Tank. AKA the drunken nord
    Options