The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Do you even realize you have a PvP exclusive market?

davidj8291
davidj8291
✭✭✭✭✭
There is a sizable quantity of players who are relatively PvP exclusive and avoid PvE as much as possible.

You literally ruined their experience by forcing them into PvE in order to get set gear that is now Bind on Pickup with One Tamriel. People with limited play time who still want to be competitive now have to spend their limited time in dungeons grinding for good set gear instead of buying it from a Guild Trader.

Subsequently, you completely killed any PvE economy with the guild traders.

So what is the deal, ZOS? Are you unaware that you have a large PvP community? Do you just want crown sales and are content to let a large chunk of your market drift away from your game for the sake of it?
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol. Your small sampling of pvp players means nothing man.

Their choices are determined from their data, which states there is a majority of players who want mounts and costumes and care 0 about pvp.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Uphz
    Uphz
    ✭✭✭
    yodased wrote: »
    Lol. Your small sampling of pvp players means nothing man.

Their choices are determined from their data, which states there is a majority of players who want mounts and costumes and care 0 about pvp.

What do mounts and costumes even have to do with bind on pickup sets?
  • Nirnrotten
    Nirnrotten
    ✭✭✭
    No one is forced into anything. But if you want an item that only drops in a dungeon, then you either Mer Up and spend the time to farm it or you choose not to. If a PvE player wants access to the best stamina heal in the game.. Guess what? He has to PvP for it. If someone wants the ultimate from FG and MG. Guess what again? You have to do the content required to obtain the reward. Simple as simple can be.

I know the change will effect the players who were used to paying for that gear and the ones who made money selling it, but I do not believe it will be in such a negative way. Shoot, when they removed Stamina Regen while blocking, people thought all was lost. But we adapted and now people QQ about how Heavy Armor builds are too strong.

Moral of the story is, QQ less because we will all adapt and it will be okay. I promise.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yet PVPers get access to a vendor with new random cool stuff every week they don't have to grind dungeons for.
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    Yet PVPers get access to a vendor with new random cool stuff every week they don't have to grind dungeons for.

You don't need to PvP to use the vendor. You can buy stuff with gold you know.
    PC/EU DC
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Care to explain how ''people with limited time'' farm gold? Zenimax even made every boss drop a set piece 100% of the time so this isnt a ''limited time'' issue anymore.Its about pve community making money of dungeons and trials.
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Chew_Magna
    Chew_Magna
    ✭✭✭
    The vast majority of players only do PvE content, yet we're "forced" to do PvP that we don't want to do for "required" PvP only skills to use in end game PvE content.

Your argument is invalid.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nirnrotten wrote: »
    No one is forced into anything. But if you want an item that only drops in a dungeon, then you either Mer Up and spend the time to farm it or you choose not to. If a PvE player wants access to the best stamina heal in the game.. Guess what? He has to PvP for it. If someone wants the ultimate from FG and MG. Guess what again? You have to do the content required to obtain the reward. Simple as simple can be.

I know the change will effect the players who were used to paying for that gear and the ones who made money selling it, but I do not believe it will be in such a negative way. Shoot, when they removed Stamina Regen while blocking, people thought all was lost. But we adapted and now people QQ about how Heavy Armor builds are too strong.

Moral of the story is, QQ less because we will all adapt and it will be okay. I promise.

I don't agree with everything, but you get an awesome for "mer up".

I think the issue is that they want the reward so they can do the content they want, not the other way round. On this case, the OP feels the need to get these soon-to-be BoP sets to be competitive on PvP. The equipment isn't the final goal, the "reward", it is the means to an end. I can understand that, it must be frustrating to feel like you need to do something you dislike to get something you need to finally do something you like.

Honestly, I don't like the BoP change either. It limits the stuff I can sell :/
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS is to busy destroying it's IP to think logically.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are gear and skills that can only be earned by PvP and skills and gear that can only be earned from PvE. Having people play more of the game, increases the over all game life. If everything could be earned by playing one zone, people will get bored and burned out, then leave.
  • EsoRecon
    EsoRecon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't care about anything that you guys have said.

I'm just here to 1vX
    Xbox One [ NA ]
    Gamertag - Zyzz II Legacy
    Stam Sorc & Stam NB PvP
    (I'm Just Here To 1vX)
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Chew_Magna wrote: »
    The vast majority of players only do PvE content, yet we're "forced" to do PvP that we don't want to do for "required" PvP only skills to use in end game PvE content.

The argument isn't invalid. They made it super easy to get all the PvP skills. Like, I can do it in under a week easy. Anyway, why the hostility? Is this just payback? You had to do some PvP so we are forced to grind dungeons anytime new BoP dungeon gear comes out? Once you have the PvP skills on the characters you want, you never have to come back to PvP. We have to come back to PvE because they add new gear every update. It doesn't look like they are ever going to add new PvP skills or anything like that, so you're free to never PvP again and yet we have to PvE grind every update. Sounds fair.

PvPers want to be able to pay you for doing the dungeons and trials that you enjoy and selling the gear. You get to do content you enjoy and you get rich by selling to people who don't enjoy that content. It is mutually beneficial.

If I could somehow PvP and sell Vigor and Caltrops and Warhorn to PvEers that don't want to PvP I would be so happy.
    PC/EU DC
  • SienneYviete
    SienneYviete
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ERHMAGAWD full time pvpers being forced to earn their sets doing dungeons like the pvers do or buy them for ap which if you're a full time pvper you have millions of. This is a non issue like seriously if a pver can spend a week farming cyro to unlock their skills which are mandatory for end game pve you can spend a week farming dungeons for the sets you want.
    Delta
    Valheru's
  • The_Duke
    The_Duke
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with you. I honestly dont enjoy PVE. But Im going to grind the hell out of Dragonstar to get the V16 masters sword and grind out maelsturd to get my sharpened 2h. Its painful but it has to be done. Dungeons are the most mind numbing thing there is. Once you have the mechanics down its a cake walk with the right crew. PVP is constantly changing and in my opinion the true end game.
    The Duke

Stamplar

Guild leader of The Dukes. PS4
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pvers are forced to pvp when doing imperial city content, gotta go through it like us pvers did as players didn't let me quest nor let my get skyshards so they can get quick ap and send me back to the starting loacation and behind 10-20 minutes
  • DaniAngione
    DaniAngione
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love PVP'er drama. They're so cute, thinking this is Counter-strike or something...

Guess what, like others said, there's also a lot of content "locked" behind PVP for PVE players.

Chill, man.
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boy, tha talking out of big sides if your crowd.

As compared to the PvP set that have been sold in guild traders since forever.
  • Smasherx74
    Smasherx74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    blah blah blah...

They do the same to PvE players by forcing them to play PVP to get certain abilities...

Your point is?
    Master Debater
  • Astanphaeus
    Astanphaeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    There are gear and skills that can only be earned by PvP and skills and gear that can only be earned from PvE. Having people play more of the game, increases the over all game life. If everything could be earned by playing one zone, people will get bored and burned out, then leave.

I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that there are no PvP sets that are BoP. Also, few if any of them are BiS for PvE content.
  • davidj8291
    davidj8291
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nirnrotten wrote: »

It is infinitely easier to get AP for Vigor than it is to farm dungeons. One is literally standing in keeps and repairing walls.

The other is grinding through mechanic filled chaos, randomly, and hoping your pug is proficient.

But, based on my responses, I know who frequents the forums the most.
  • davidj8291
    davidj8291
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smasherx74 wrote: »
    blah blah blah...

They do the same to PvE players by forcing them to play PVP to get certain abilities...

Your point is?

See my most recent comment. If you think minimal effort for Vigor is the same as grinding dungeons, you need a reality check.
  • davidj8291
    davidj8291
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love PVP'er drama. They're so cute, thinking this is Counter-strike or something...

Guess what, like others said, there's also a lot of content "locked" behind PVP for PVE players.

Chill, man.

Name some? Vigor doesn't count. You can literally go stand in a keep under attack, let everyone do work and repair the walls after collecting the defense tick to unlock Vigor or any other PvP skill.

I'm so sorry that you think that's just as difficult as grinding Vet Dungeons with a pug.
  • davidj8291
    davidj8291
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Typhoios wrote: »
    Chew_Magna wrote: »

The argument isn't invalid. They made it super easy to get all the PvP skills. Like, I can do it in under a week easy. Anyway, why the hostility? Is this just payback? You had to do some PvP so we are forced to grind dungeons anytime new BoP dungeon gear comes out? Once you have the PvP skills on the characters you want, you never have to come back to PvP. We have to come back to PvE because they add new gear every update. It doesn't look like they are ever going to add new PvP skills or anything like that, so you're free to never PvP again and yet we have to PvE grind every update. Sounds fair.

PvPers want to be able to pay you for doing the dungeons and trials that you enjoy and selling the gear. You get to do content you enjoy and you get rich by selling to people who don't enjoy that content. It is mutually beneficial.

If I could somehow PvP and sell Vigor and Caltrops and Warhorn to PvEers that don't want to PvP I would be so happy.

Seriously, they actually think spending a week in PvP is the same as spending a combined amount of MONTHS for PvE exclusive gear with good traits. Unfortunately, PvP actually requires certain trait set ups. Infused vs Impen isn't going to make or break a PvE build but it will a PvP build.
  • NoMoreChillies
    NoMoreChillies
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PVP is the vocal minority

Insulting people on the internet is cowardly.
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yet have managed to bring about innumerable nerfs and 'balance' adjustments that affect everyone.

• NoMoreChillies
    NoMoreChillies
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lylith wrote: »

yet have managed to bring about innumerable nerfs and 'balance' adjustments that affect everyone.

and continue to post in General Discussion not PVP's own dedicated forum thinking everyone needs to hear their opinion.
    Insulting people on the internet is cowardly.
  • WalksonGraves
    WalksonGraves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pvp is about as important and popular as fishing.
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe their goal was to get more people into dungeons and PVE?

Also, why do you keep saying "pug"? Do you not have guildies or friends who can knock out a (non-DLC, but those sets have always been BOP) vet dungeon in 20-30 minutes?
  • Nirnrotten
    Nirnrotten
    ✭✭✭
    @davidj8291 I was not equating the time or effort it takes to farm PvP skills with PvE gear. I know it's super easy to PvP and farm AP. I know RnG can make finding the right gear feel impossible. PUGs can be terrible. I'm sure many here know that.

Its just the facts of life that Dungeons/Raids have always been where some of the best gear drops. You have to kill the monster before you can loot his corpse. I get that you enjoy killing players more than bosses and that's awesome. I'm sorry that you will no longer be able to buy Boss Loot. But like someone above said. The drop rates will be much better and the undaunted keys will help with the RNG. Hey at least you'll save that money you were gonna spend buying gear.
  • kongkim
    kongkim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oft. its one game not two. Nothing wired in that they like you to do the content.