The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Do you even realize you have a PvP exclusive market?

• redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find the most confusing part is that PvE group players are to have all bound on pickup items, however PvP players are not required to have the same restriction which allows them to earn AP then buy items to sell to others. I'm not suggesting that PvP items suddenly become bind on pickup. I think that would be horrible. What I'd like is for some developer insight on why the two sides have different binding status across the board. We're having BoP rammed down our throats for some reason and it's very frustrating to not have those reasons explained. Why does PvE "need" to have this change (from a developer standpoint) while it's not a necessary change for PvP for whatever reason?
    Options
  • Legedric
    Legedric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    Yet PVPers get access to a vendor with new random cool stuff every week they don't have to grind dungeons for.

The vendor is entirely useless right now and is getting even worse next week!

With 26 Monster Sets in One Tamriel it would take a whole year for the vendor to list every item (52 in total) once IF there was a fixed turn of the items, meaning no repetitions for a year.

We all know this isn't the case so good luck waiting for the 1 item you want to get from this vendor over the next few years...

So PvP players are already forced to do PvE today with vDSA, vMA and the Monster Sets (at least), but yes, it will get worse with Update 12...

That's what's left of the "Play what you want and how you want!" slogan ESO was originally sold with.
    I find the most confusing part is that PvE group players are to have all bound on pickup items, however PvP players are not required to have the same restriction which allows them to earn AP then buy items to sell to others. I'm not suggesting that PvP items suddenly become bind on pickup. I think that would be horrible. What I'd like is for some developer insight on why the two sides have different binding status across the board. We're having BoP rammed down our throats for some reason and it's very frustrating to not have those reasons explained. Why does PvE "need" to have this change (from a developer standpoint) while it's not a necessary change for PvP for whatever reason?

The answer is pretty easy: There was a time when sets sold in PvP areas were usefull for PvE players liek Cyrodiil's Light, Shadow Walker, Morag Tong etc. and ZOS does not want to force the PvE players to do PvP to get these items.
    However, the other way round was always what ZOS wanted (enforce PvP players to do PvE).
    Edited by Legedric on September 30, 2016 8:34AM
    Legedric the Flamedancer ► - Redguard Dragon Knight
    Legedric the Stormdancer ► - Altmer Sorcerer
    Legedric the Sundancer ► - Altmer Templar

EU | DRUCKWELLE - Retter des Kaiserreiches
    Options
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uphz wrote: »
    yodased wrote: »
    Lol. Your small sampling of pvp players means nothing man.

Their choices are determined from their data, which states there is a majority of players who want mounts and costumes and care 0 about pvp.

What do mounts and costumes even have to do with bind on pickup sets?

Well, strawman, he is speaking directly about PvP players not wanting to PvE, also claiming that there is a statistically relevant "pvp only audience" that matters, and that will affect them now because they have to "grind PvE" to get the gear they want.

1. There isn't.
    2. They change everything based on their playerbase, which has everything to do with dropped sets being BoP from dungeons, these supposedly massive majority of players don't want to do.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
    Options
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Whew... this again. All this fighting between "crybabies" and "carebears".

Elder Scrolls Online is for PvP and PvE players, both. As we all know: the game initally starts off as PvE with a storyline. Eventually, you can start PvPing at level 10. ZoS has said it before: the end-game is PvP.

That being said, the game is based for both parties to enjoy. PvP is ever-evolving and PvE is ever-expanding.

On that note: ZoS has also tried to make both parties sample both sections of their content by having certain skills, weapons, and sets obtainable in both PvE and PvP. I know, I know... PvPers can get Monster Helms at the weekly vendor without having to PvE for them... it's a compromise by ZoS. Just as you'll be able to earn Imperial City key shards in PvP (IC) and PvE (WGT/ICP)!

The "overworld" ( PVE zone-based content) gear, as all the craftable sets, is BoE as well... so PVPers will have access to buy "overworld" dropped sets with their gold.

MY MAIN POINT:

Technically, they should make some PvP gear BoP... maybe like a PvP version of dungeon gear... say, gear that can only be obtained from PvP arenas/dualing[. That way, PvEers will have to step over to PvP for some "elite" gear as well.

But, I also believe that all PVE dungeon and PVE arena content should be BoP, too.

As both "crybabies" and "carebears" have said: If you want it, earn it.

Edited by Savos_Saren on September 30, 2016 12:56PM
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
    Options
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    There are gear and skills that can only be earned by PvP and skills and gear that can only be earned from PvE. Having people play more of the game, increases the over all game life. If everything could be earned by playing one zone, people will get bored and burned out, then leave.

Couldn't have put it better
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Their choices are determined from their data, which states there is a majority of players who want mounts and costumes and care 0 about pvp.

@yodased

Most MMOs have a large population of those who strictly PvP. While it is not the majority in ESO or any other heavy PvE game, it is sizeable.

Then again, Zos has stated the game does not have hard core players, mostly seriously casual players who only play the game a few weeks out of every quarter. Obviously Zos was very wrong with this statement, but must have come from that date you mentioned.
    Options
  • Soella
    Soella
    ✭✭✭✭
    PvPers forced to PvE and vice versa not only have to do what they don't want. They also affect experience those who have to play with them. I think I am getting tons of curses from professional PvPers when I want caltrops.

IMHO, it is bad gear design when you have to PvE for PvP gear. Vanila WoW? Are we 15 years back in time?
    Options
  • Lightninvash
    Lightninvash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its all part of the grind. You now are faced with 2 options. Grind out the PVE content with experienced players that can do it all fairly quickly for what you want, or don't and play in what you have and be happy in PVP. You don't have to PVE anything if you don't want to. past lvl 10 that is.
    Options
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can anyone here explain to me why you would not like to make money selling me PvE gear? If I could sell you a million AP to unlock PvP skills, I would love to do that.
    PC/EU DC
    Options
  • Khaos_Bane
    Khaos_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's funny how so many PvP players whine about having to PvE for ANY reason. Yet, they laugh at people that only want to PvE(carebears) but have access to PvP skills and gear without having to PvP. The hypocrisy of that crowd does not surprise me at all.
    Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@yodased

Most MMOs have a large population of those who strictly PvP. While it is not the majority in ESO or any other heavy PvE game, it is sizeable.

Then again, Zos has stated the game does not have hard core players, mostly seriously casual players who only play the game a few weeks out of every quarter. Obviously Zos was very wrong with this statement, but must have come from that date you mentioned.

That isn't quite what they said or meant, it's just how some have interpreted it.
    Options
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Khaos_Bane wrote: »
    It's funny how so many PvP players whine about having to PvE for ANY reason. Yet, they laugh at people that only want to PvE(carebears) but have access to PvP skills and gear without having to PvP. The hypocrisy of that crowd does not surprise me at all.

You have access to PvP gear. Check any guild trader it is really cheap.
    PC/EU DC
    Options
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like BoP gear, I'm not at all happy with Zeni's decisions on this. But to frame it as being specifically punitive to pvp'ers is rediculous.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    Options
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do PvP folk *** and moan about PvE so much? You realise its an Elder Scrolls game right? You know, a PvE story driven game... you should have to actually play the game to get the prizes
    Options
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why do PvP folk *** and moan about PvE so much? You realise its an Elder Scrolls game right? You know, a PvE story driven game... you should have to actually play the game to get the prizes

I must have missed the part in Skyrim where I had to grind dungeons hundreds of times to get the gear I wanted.
    PC/EU DC
    Options
  • Garwulf
    Garwulf
    ✭✭✭

So doing a dungeon over and over again to get your required prize is following the story. The only time I have been in a situation similar is reading to a child and they only want you to read the same story for weeks on end.
    Sorry but in reality it is mind numing grinding pure and simple and for many as much fun as banging their head against a brick wall.
    Options
  • ku5h
    ku5h
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love PVP'er drama. They're so cute, thinking this is Counter-strike or something...

Guess what, like others said, there's also a lot of content "locked" behind PVP for PVE players.

Chill, man.
    Smasherx74 wrote: »
    blah blah blah...

They do the same to PvE players by forcing them to play PVP to get certain abilities...

Your point is?

I love how PvE forum warriors are full of themselves now that they have Vigor at a 10x faster rate then it was before. Now they say "pff.... if we have to PvP for skills you have to PvE for gear", but before there was 5-10 treads every day from the same forum warriors complaining they have to PvP for skills. Hypocrite much??
    Options
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Garwulf wrote: »

So doing a dungeon over and over again to get your required prize is following the story. The only time I have been in a situation similar is reading to a child and they only want you to read the same story for weeks on end.
    Sorry but in reality it is mind numing grinding pure and simple and for many as much fun as banging their head against a brick wall.

Fair point, but not quite what I getting at. It just seems that PvP'ers think (or atleast appear to) think that PvP and PvE are somehow unrelated and two different games. But I like doing both, when grind on one or the other becomes boring I swap over.
    Options
  • NoRagret
    NoRagret
    ✭✭✭
    PvP has been neglected far too long, I'm just there until Camelot Unchained comes out where there will be no PvE.
    Options
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    blah blah blah...

They do the same to PvE players by forcing them to play PVP to get certain abilities...

Your point is?

I enjoy both aspects equally, but getting VO gear or Aether, monster sets or any other trials gear that's BOP or the soon to be BOP sets are a far greater grind that any alliance skills. You can get Vigor in a day...but I am not mad about it, I think they should actually do more of this....make end game stuff, you know, challenging to get....
    GM Tig Ole Critties ps5 NA small scale PvP guild

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
    Options
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gasp, you actually have to work for your gear, gods forbid. PVE isn't as terrible as you think it is. Some PVPers even mock PVEers...
    Also, all the PVPers complaining about certain skills and getting them nerfed royally screws over PVEers.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
    Options
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    Yet everyone get access to a vendor with new random cool stuff every week they don't have to grind dungeons for.

There, I fixed it for you. You're welcome! :smile:
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

Options
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    blah blah blah...

Your point is?

PvP'ers have to do PvE for skills too, so you're not exactly comparing apples to apples.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

Options
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    And don't get me started on the people are complaining about resource tower doors being removed. Learn to actually PVP, not mow down poor noobs.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
    Options
  • mtwiggz
    mtwiggz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chew_Magna wrote: »
    The vast majority of players only do PvE content, yet we're "forced" to do PvP that we don't want to do for "required" PvP only skills to use in end game PvE content.

Your argument is invalid.

So the ONE HOUR you have to spend in PvP to obtain Vigor is equal to the countless hours PvP players have to spend in PvE to obtain items?

Options
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And don't get me started on the people are complaining about resource tower doors being removed. Learn to actually PVP, not mow down poor noobs.

Always weird when people say "don't get me started" on something that nobody was even talking about in the thread. Did you just need to get that off your chest?
    PC/EU DC
    Options
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gasp, you actually have to work for your gear, gods forbid. PVE isn't as terrible as you think it is. Some PVPers even mock PVEers...
    Also, all the PVPers complaining about certain skills and getting them nerfed royally screws over PVEers.

PvE isn't terrible, its just very repetitive which turns a lot of PvP'rs away from it. Also, contrary to what most PvE'rs will tell you, the skills getting nerfed thing is a two way street.
    Options
  • alexkdd99
    alexkdd99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is so funny that people think whatever part of the game they enjoy is so much more important, abs that it should be that way for everyone.

People keep saying all you have to do is stand in a keep repairing walls for a WEEK. To get vigor. Comparing that to grinding a dungeon, which btw with one Tamriel you will have 100% helmet drop rate.

I don't know about you but spending a week inside a castle repairing walls seems a whole lot worse than running a dungeon once or twice.

Saying traits matter more in pvp is a little ridiculous. Just because you enjoy something more does not make it more important to everyone. People act like those who enjoy pve the most, actually enjoy every single dungeon and trial, but this is far from the truth.
    Pvpers are not the only people that have to play content they don't enjoy.

I personally would never waste my time repairing walls over and over for a week.
    I don't agree with them making everything bop from dungeons and trials but that is about all I agree with.

In most MMOs you have to play some content you may not enjoy that much in order to compete at end game better.
    If you don't want to do this I suggest finding a different type of game.
    Options
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I PVP almost exclusively now, but I also enjoy pve, this is an Elder Scrolls game, I would have been very disappointed had it not had a good amount of story and pve, I am disappointed there is not more things to do pve, I like to play all parts of the game, but at the moment pvp is about all there is for me to do, I really do not like the new thing with smaller DLC's more often, leaves you wanting to long between updates. Shame this game will most likely never have a real expansion.

With One Tamriel I am sure I will be out doing some things for new armor and I am ok with that, I am not pigeon holed into one part of the game I will still do a little of both pve and pvp.
    Edited by kevlarto_ESO on September 30, 2016 6:20PM
    Options
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mtwiggz wrote: »
    Chew_Magna wrote: »
    The vast majority of players only do PvE content, yet we're "forced" to do PvP that we don't want to do for "required" PvP only skills to use in end game PvE content.

So the ONE HOUR you have to spend in PvP to obtain Vigor is equal to the countless hours PvP players have to spend in PvE to obtain items?

I'm sure my DK has spent way more than an hour in PvP and I don't think she has Vigor yet. She did get Warhorn, though.

OP: Are you talking about the monster sets? If they are indeed guaranteeing a helm drop when completing veteran mode, you should not have too much trouble getting that if you run with a group of guildies that will give you the helm if they get it. Shoulders, of course, is going to be a bit trickier, but again, a good group can zoom through pledges really quickly.

And you can always settle for less than ideal traits until the vendor rolls the set you are looking for. But if you *have* to have the perfect traits asap, then you have to put in the work.
    The Moot Councillor
    Options