The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do you even realize you have a PvP exclusive market?

• Cryptical
    Cryptical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    davidj8291 wrote: »
    There is a sizable quantity of players who are relatively PvP exclusive and avoid PvE as much as possible.

You literally ruined their experience by forcing them into PvE in order to get set gear that is now Bind on Pickup with One Tamriel. People with limited play time who still want to be competitive now have to spend their limited time in dungeons grinding for good set gear instead of buying it from a Guild Trader.

Subsequently, you completely killed any PvE economy with the guild traders.

So what is the deal, ZOS? Are you unaware that you have a large PvP community? Do you just want crown sales and are content to let a large chunk of your market drift away from your game for the sake of it?
    Khaos_Bane wrote: »
    Typhoios wrote: »
    It's funny how so many PvP players whine about having to PvE for ANY reason. Yet, they laugh at people that only want to PvE(carebears) but have access to PvP skills and gear without having to PvP. The hypocrisy of that crowd does not surprise me at all.

You have access to PvP gear. Check any guild trader it is really cheap.

Not the stuff you buy with Tel Var stones.
    Why do PvP folk *** and moan about PvE so much? You realise its an Elder Scrolls game right? You know, a PvE story driven game... you should have to actually play the game to get the prizes

Isn't the the game based on a 3 way war though. Besides the main story all the quest are basically leading into a 3 way war. So you should get the best prizes from ranking up and winning battles for your alliance

That makes no sense.

Nah, its about on Molag Bal and his attempts at ruling. There just happens to be a war on so PvP folk feel includesd, but the story would not change at all if PvP dissappeared.

LMAO The war in Cyrodiil has a huge impact on the story. Otherwise why even bother drawing the three alliance leaders to an island for a meeting about Molag Bal?

Yeah the pvp is a speed bump to the thwarting of the plane meld!

If the alliances weren't such greedy dorks chasing a throne, the vestige wouldn't have to run around massaging egos just to get them to get out of the way of the mages and fighters!

The pvp part is actually an obstacle to defeating molag bal!
    Xbox NA
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yodased wrote: »
    Lol. Your small sampling of pvp players means nothing man.

Their choices are determined from their data, which states there is a majority of players who want mounts and costumes and care 0 about pvp.

Pretty much this. Think it's worth bringin' back.
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Typhoios wrote: »
    It's funny how so many PvP players whine about having to PvE for ANY reason. Yet, they laugh at people that only want to PvE(carebears) but have access to PvP skills and gear without having to PvP. The hypocrisy of that crowd does not surprise me at all.

You have access to PvP gear. Check any guild trader it is really cheap.

Not the stuff you buy with Tel Var stones.
    Why do PvP folk *** and moan about PvE so much? You realise its an Elder Scrolls game right? You know, a PvE story driven game... you should have to actually play the game to get the prizes

Isn't the the game based on a 3 way war though. Besides the main story all the quest are basically leading into a 3 way war. So you should get the best prizes from ranking up and winning battles for your alliance

That makes no sense.

Nah, its about on Molag Bal and his attempts at ruling. There just happens to be a war on so PvP folk feel includesd, but the story would not change at all if PvP dissappeared.

LMAO The war in Cyrodiil has a huge impact on the story. Otherwise why even bother drawing the three alliance leaders to an island for a meeting about Molag Bal?

The war does sure, but PvP doesnt
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'll toss this in here, again.

Since PVE has elite gear that's BoP from trials, PVP should have some elite gear that's BoP from their version of trials... ...Arenas.

Could you imagine if there was a set like:
    "The Gladiator's Pride"
    2 pieces: Max Health
    3 pieces: Adds 194 Stamina and Magicka Recovery
    4 pieces: Adds 124 weapon and spell power
    5 pieces: Take 5% less damage from players. Heavy attacks add minor maim. Adds 1254 physical and spell resistance.

You could only get this set after surviving 5 tiers of the arena... which would stack in the number of players as well.

1st Tier: 1v1v1 (one member of each alliance fighting against each other)
    2nd Tier: 2v2v2
    3rd Tier: 3v3v3
    4th Tier: 4v4v4
    5th Tier: 5v5v5

You get time between each tier to coordinate with your random, oncoming team member and before the battle begins, everyone has to select that they're ready. So, you get to enjoy PvP in a "trial-ish" setup that drops BoP loot exclusively for PvPers. The only way a PvEer can acquire it is to do arenas. Like everyone says: If you want it, earn it.

Edit: I should add- like trials, the end of each tier will still drop a BoP set piece. Perhaps the only way to get that Legendary jewelry or weapon is to survive the fifth tier. But you can still get good gear while trying to outlast the other tiers. (just like PVE trials)
    Edited by Savos_Saren on October 1, 2016 3:31PM
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • Talek
    Talek
    ✭✭✭
    What's the point of topics like this? PvP community left this game years ago, back before b2p transition there were hundreds of players like Sypher etc. in Cyrodiil now it is dead place for few farming zergs. ZoS didn't care about pvp way before release of ESO and they don't give a *** about it after (well the only "pvp" update was ultimately changed into pve fiesta), so now when more than 90% of their playerbase are pve oriented casuals + few pve hardcore guilds there is no chance that suddenly they will change their made and go with pvp improvments.

And plz don't get started than dueling after 2,5 years in 2016 is pvp content...it's just like slap in the face of the pvp community that this game had.
  • BFT88
    BFT88
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is a non issue like seriously if a pver can spend a week farming cyro to unlock their skills which are mandatory for end game pve you can spend a week farming dungeons for the sets you want.

Lol you care bears are trash if it takes you longer than 6 hours to grind to vigor. A week? Lmfao

Also to the OP, I'm a full time pvper and have to make time to do dungeons instead of pvp when I need new gear.

Get over it this is an MMORPG.
    Edited by BFT88 on October 1, 2016 4:14PM
  • Arnorien16
    Arnorien16
    ✭✭✭
    Considering the Top Tier Guild Trader Gear costs in hundred thousands.How does people with limited amount of time to play actually farm that much gold?
  • Barlthump
    Barlthump
    ✭✭✭
    All this can be solved easily, just get off your ass and do PvE. It's not ridiculously hard. And if PVPers are so damn good, you can clear a vet duneon in what? 20 - 30 mins? I mean that's how long a group I get does it. So in 2 hours you clear it 4 times, trade within yourselves for the gear and bam. Just like how pve players take 6 hours to get vigor, you can take 6 hours to get your BiS gear. I mean this math is done cause I've been reading from the previous pages that PvP players > PvE players. That means you should be clearing it faster then my 20 mins. Oh and if you want trial gear, then do trials, I'm not even going to try argue that PvP must give you trial gear. Trials are 100% harder then pvp. But since PvP players have much more coordination you should be able to clear trials fast too. Maybe 45 mins for a trial?
    BFT88 wrote: »
    This is a non issue like seriously if a pver can spend a week farming cyro to unlock their skills which are mandatory for end game pve you can spend a week farming dungeons for the sets you want.

Lol you care bears are trash if it takes you longer than 6 hours to grind to vigor. A week? Lmfao

Also to the OP, I'm a full time pvper and have to make time to do dungeons instead of pvp when I need new gear.

Get over it this is an MMORPG.

As mentioned by our hero here, you care bear pvp players can't do 6 hours of dungeons to get your gear?
    Edited by Barlthump on October 1, 2016 7:36PM
  • Barlthump
    Barlthump
    ✭✭✭
    Arnorien16 wrote: »
    Considering the Top Tier Guild Trader Gear costs in hundred thousands.How does people with limited amount of time to play actually farm that much gold?

This game is an MMO. It requires you to put in time to make money. Maybe alternate your playing days? One day to farm mats and sell and a day to PvP. That way you can make a reasonable amount of money and enjoy what you do.
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    Yet PVPers get access to a vendor with new random cool stuff every week they don't have to grind dungeons for.

almost 5 weeks in a row now that vendor has been utterly useless .. please go on and tell us how amazing it is.

Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
  • ParaNostram
    ParaNostram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is a sizable quantity of players who are relatively PvP exclusive and avoid PvE as much as possible.

You literally ruined their experience by forcing them into PvE in order to get set gear that is now Bind on Pickup with One Tamriel. People with limited play time who still want to be competitive now have to spend their limited time in dungeons grinding for good set gear instead of buying it from a Guild Trader.

So what is the deal, ZOS? Are you unaware that you have a large PvP community? Do you just want crown sales and are content to let a large chunk of your market drift away from your game for the sake of it?

oh no players are being forced to play the game to get the rewards for playing the game oh no what terrible game design

Edit: In case the lack of capitalization and punctuation did not make this apparent, the earlier statement was, in fact, dripping with sarcasm.
    Edited by ParaNostram on October 1, 2016 7:51PM
    "Your mistake is you begged for your life, not for mercy. I will show you there are many fates worse than death."

Para Nostram
    Bosmer Sorceress
    Witch of Evermore

"Death is a privilege that can be denied by it's learned scholars."
    Order of the Black Worm
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Every damn nerf or skill adjustment is made with PvP in mind...also what you complain about affects everyone.
  • ProbablePaul
    ProbablePaul
    ✭✭✭✭

I agree with this 100%, sort of. However, from their perspective they did make drops guaranteed, satisfying people who complain about rng, and reducing the farm time required to get certain gear. I think it's fair of them to do this, primarily because the developers need all of their content to be used by the players. If they were to make content appealing to it's respective audience, then they would have to make decisions according to those separate populations, but the problem is that PvE is everywhere in this game, and PvPers cannot extract themselves from it. Sure, they don't have to do dungeons, but it's easier now to get gear, and remember, by playing dungeons, you're supporting the community, and the game as a whole.
    Edited by ProbablePaul on October 1, 2016 10:43PM
    Bosmer Melee Magicka Nightblade
  • Tactical32
    Tactical32
    ✭✭✭
    mtwiggz wrote: »
    Chew_Magna wrote: »
    The vast majority of players only do PvE content, yet we're "forced" to do PvP that we don't want to do for "required" PvP only skills to use in end game PvE content.

Your argument is invalid.

So the ONE HOUR you have to spend in PvP to obtain Vigor is equal to the countless hours PvP players have to spend in PvE to obtain items?

One hour? I wish. I just did this with a restore staff on my DK. Stop being so dramatic Dez.
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Countless hour you PvP folk HAVE to spend playing PvE? Oh, I think you meant countless hours you have to spend playing *the game...
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    yodased wrote: »
    Lol. Your small sampling of pvp players means nothing man.

Their choices are determined from their data, which states there is a majority of players who want mounts and costumes and care 0 about pvp.

@yodased

Most MMOs have a large population of those who strictly PvP. While it is not the majority in ESO or any other heavy PvE game, it is sizeable.

Then again, Zos has stated the game does not have hard core players, mostly seriously casual players who only play the game a few weeks out of every quarter. Obviously Zos was very wrong with this statement, but must have come from that date you mentioned.

To be specific, Zos defined hard core players for that statement, in that statement explicitly, as players who play a lot for a short period then drop and move on - that those were not the audience here.

Are you saying that they do indeed have a significant number of those?

i am asking because i have seen some folks, obviously not you, who use that comment out of context without citing the definition of hard core they provided explicitly in the statement so everyone understood what they meant, and sometimes those folks try and portray it as if ZOS were talking about some other defined group called "hard core gamer."

I know you wouldn't want to misrepresent what they said.

Edited by STEVIL on October 2, 2016 1:46AM
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• grom1024
    grom1024
    ✭✭✭
    Actually, I think PvP is forced to do some PvE anyway. Could you be good PvP player w/o skill points from PvE (zones, dungeons, etc)?
  • grom1024
    grom1024
    ✭✭✭
    Tactical32 wrote: »
    mtwiggz wrote: »
    Chew_Magna wrote: »
    The vast majority of players only do PvE content, yet we're "forced" to do PvP that we don't want to do for "required" PvP only skills to use in end game PvE content.

So the ONE HOUR you have to spend in PvP to obtain Vigor is equal to the countless hours PvP players have to spend in PvE to obtain items?

One hour? I wish. I just did this with a restore staff on my DK. Stop being so dramatic Dez.

I farmed Vigor and Caltrops for my stamblade, and it was difficult in sub-50 instance. A lot of time wasted just moving around to get to a place where action happens. It took about week for about 2-3 hours session to finally get skills. And unless there is good zerg, AP flow in by very low pace. Now the Vigor is the only heal I have, Caltrops one of the best skills against big trash mobs. I really thinking about whether I want repeat it for magicka detonation on sorcerer that is recommended by almost every guide out there. Possibly not this year.

PvP require specific mindset and skills, and PvE does not prepare for it in any way. Even needed skill morphs are different for both environments.

• DaniAngione
    DaniAngione
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love PVP'er drama. They're so cute, thinking this is Counter-strike or something...

Guess what, like others said, there's also a lot of content "locked" behind PVP for PVE players.

Chill, man.

Name some? Vigor doesn't count. You can literally go stand in a keep under attack, let everyone do work and repair the walls after collecting the defense tick to unlock Vigor or any other PvP skill.

I'm so sorry that you think that's just as difficult as grinding Vet Dungeons with a pug.

Three of my favorite dyes are locked behind high ranking PVP (palatine white, general's gold, forgot the name of the black)
    I also really like the Emperor's red.

"Oh but they're just dyes!"
    So what? I could tell the same about your sets or whatever. Who do you even think you are to order people's priorities or assume their intentions inside a game?
  • Majic
    Majic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pvp is about as important and popular as fishing.
    I like to fish, fight other players, and fight other players while fishing.

Guess that makes me the most important person in Tamriel. B)
    Epopt Of The Everspinning Logo, Church Of The Eternal Loading Screen
    And verily, verily, spaketh the Lord: "Error <<1>>"
  • AnviOfVai
    AnviOfVai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh I am PVP only I found PVE boring.

I am very dissapointed at this... how many bad opinion posts am I leaving tonight... ):

"I appear at my lord's behest, or perhaps I was always here, and you merely lacked the ability to see me."

PS4 - EU

AD - Pet Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - 160
    DC - Warden - Werewolf - in - progress - 160
    DC - Templar - Tank - 160
    DC - Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - in - progress
    EP - Dragon Knight -Fire Tank - 160
    EP - Nightblade - Damage Dealer - 160

• olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed, I consider myself apart of the pvp-exclusive community in eso, but I find myself having to waste my time doing pve to get the gear I want for pvp. Maelstrom weapon or master weapon? Yea, go pve your heart out.

They need to bring some love to pvpers, and soon. There are other games on the horizon and leaving for those will be easy if pvp is this neglected for much longer.
    Edited by olsborg on October 2, 2016 11:10PM

PC EU
    PvP only
  • BrianDavion
    BrianDavion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soella wrote: »
    PvPers forced to PvE and vice versa not only have to do what they don't want. They also affect experience those who have to play with them. I think I am getting tons of curses from professional PvPers when I want caltrops.

IMHO, it is bad gear design when you have to PvE for PvP gear. Vanila WoW? Are we 15 years back in time?

are you asking for a special PVP stat? funny WoW removed that and said it was a mistake.
  • MidknightWolf
    MidknightWolf
    ✭✭✭✭

Elder Scrolls Online is an MMO that requires you to put in the time and effort to complete content to get the reward. Not buy from vendor and become powerful. The majority understand this and support this. Guild Auction Houses are a great idea in that they enforce and urge playing together in guilds and supporting your guilds. Each MMO is different in how they want to approach player economy and how players are able to acquire their gear. ZOS wants us to complete content to gain rewards. They even removed the level requirement that use to restrict us from content in the one tamriel update. With the One Tam changes, they also made it a lot easier for the majority of casual games like myself to acquire the gear by placing it in areas that are easy to complete; also by giving us guaranteed drops by bosses and chests.

If you want an MMO that caters to a mindset like OP's mindset, you might want to play a different MMO. This one is meant for players to log in for a few hours, complete and progress through content, and finally, get rewarded for doing so.
  • raviour
    raviour
    ✭✭✭✭
    quote="Majic;3406150"]
    Pvp is about as important and popular as fishing.
    I like to fish, fight other players, and fight other players while fishing.

Guess that makes me the most important person in Tamriel. B)

I can finally go back to fishing in cyro and ic. My 1st fishing trip was the stream by glademist as a lv14 sorc, a lv48 sorc ran past attacked me, I killed it then gutted my 1st roe - loadsa fun... getting master angler was maybe more satisfying than emperor :expressionless:

lj9paR4.png
    Edited by raviour on October 3, 2016 9:27AM
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe their goal was to get more people into dungeons and PVE?

I wish they would just be honest and say that. Don't leave me hanging on the hopes that PVP will actually mean a damn if you don't ever intend it to.
    The OP pretty much said what a lot of us are thinking. Good post.
  • Dread_Viking
    Dread_Viking
    ✭✭✭✭
    yeah i hate the new system no more 100k+ items to sell :(
    Don't worry girl I'm a Sorcerer, i got my Hardened Ward for protection
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only way to properly balance this game is to balance for PvP and adjust the brainless PvE mobs and mechanics to fit this PvP balance.

PvE is an environment that is easily adjusted because of the AI controlled enemies.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    The only way to properly balance this game is to balance for PvP and adjust the brainless PvE mobs and mechanics to fit this PvP balance.

PvE is an environment that is easily adjusted because of the AI controlled enemies.

Several hundred PVErs are foaming at the mouth reading your comment right now
  • Titansteele
    Titansteele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OOoooo another PVE vs PVP discussion, these things are better entertainment than half the crap on TV these days.

38976-Miley-Cyrus-Eating-Popcorn-Gif-.gif
    Guild Leader of The Twelve Knights, AD PVE, PVP and Trading Guild on the EU Mega Server

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger"