The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

12,583 Damage from single non-stealth light attack

• Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taylor_MB wrote: »
    Can't believe I'm finally an official member of the 'cool kids' gang :D

And just like that you're out again.

Peace.
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank ***, I can feel the weight of expectation lifting off my shoulders.
    Edited by Taylor_MB on September 27, 2016 1:58PM
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If your armor does your damage for you, there is no greater cheese.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why go to the effort of creating compelling pvp gameplay when you can boost your /played numbers for the investors by having players grind pve content for OP sets?
  • snejremllov
    snejremllov
    ✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    DKsUnite wrote: »
    sick of these proc sets...

Sums it up for me too, viper and velidreth is just cancerous for pvp atm, why slot skills at all when rng can do the work for you, it promotes *** gameplay. Afraid it only gets worse with next update introducing more proccs like selene and other sets. I took 25k dmg from one sniper the other day, dont remember what the exact dmg numbers was, but it was the initial hit of the snipe, widowmakers procc, viper procc and the poison dot from applying the poison. It all added up to obscene amounts of dmg from one direct hit. Whats this game coming to...

@Wrobel do you have any comments?

Viper doesn't proc from snipes. You either remembered it wrong or invented that story. Also these sets have a cooldown they don't rely on RNG. Velidreth does in theory but the 20% proc chance is applied "whenever you deal damage" so it will most likely fire on cooldown.
    Educate yourself before you cry on the forums.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Sums it up for me too, viper and velidreth is just cancerous for pvp atm, why slot skills at all when rng can do the work for you, it promotes *** gameplay. Afraid it only gets worse with next update introducing more proccs like selene and other sets. I took 25k dmg from one sniper the other day, dont remember what the exact dmg numbers was, but it was the initial hit of the snipe, widowmakers procc, viper procc and the poison dot from applying the poison. It all added up to obscene amounts of dmg from one direct hit. Whats this game coming to...

Viper doesn't proc from snipes. You either remembered it wrong or invented that story. Also these sets have a cooldown they don't rely on RNG. Velidreth does in theory but the 20% proc chance is applied "whenever you deal damage" so it will most likely fire on cooldown.

Doesn't viper proc from something else that procs from a snipe?

I thought it was a chain thing..
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I don't even play the game anymore and I know more than you. Viper may not proc from the actual snipe hit, but it will proc from other things that proc off snipe.

The RNG element comes into play when the procs line up. They themselves may not rely on RNG, and you're right that 20% is a very high chance. However, if you don't get them both to go off on your initial hit it will take at least some effort on your part to have that chance again.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wrong, it basicly proccs from all dmg, the tooltip may state that it only proccs from melee hits, but that is wrong...thats embarrassing @snejremllov

PC EU
    PvP only
  • mtwiggz
    mtwiggz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 button kills are only going to get worse in the upcoming patch. Even if they re worked some sets, you're still going to die from Ambush, heavy, Incap anyway, no amount of heavy armour or shields will stop 20K physical penetration.

Does anyone remember soft caps?

#BringBackSoftcaps
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Chuga_Rei wrote: »
    funny thing is no one complains about skoria because its pretty well balanced w/magickas unimpressive dps lol

Here is a complaint about skoria... it can proc when your opponent is dead. As in they are the one using skoria and they are dead and the set procs on you from a dot.

minor, I know... but still stupid.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proc damage sets are just a bad idea in general, and we're getting more of them. I'd much rather have sets that proc potential that a player needs to capitalize on...buffs, debuffs, shields, hell even Major Evasion could be (should be) removed from the general game and added as a set proc. But direct damage should always be player directed, not death by armor.
  • Magicka_DK
    Magicka_DK
    ✭✭✭
    Clickbait
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    not death by armor.

Best ever, thanks for that. death by armor happens so much in pvp, basicly 50% of deaths are because of it..

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »

Doesn't viper proc from something else that procs from a snipe?

I thought it was a chain thing..
    It is. The snipe can proc your alchemical poison, which procs widowmaker, which procs viper. And any of these proc velidreth, but like siege it's typically not useful because of the range to target.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Who the heck is actually directing combat in this game? Not developing it but directing it, deceiding how combat should be. Is there anyone actually doing that? How is it that combat has become a slot machine? Look at VMA, one more slot machine. I spend more time solo in that dungeon playing the slots than grouped which is strange for an mmo. If this game goes much further toward RNG they could just downsize to a phone app.

I feel like the game has no oversight when it comes to direction. It appears like departments are just doing whatever with no cross examination from other departments, and all yeilding to the almighty calendar of sceduled updates. One thing that would help is to make it so that no set or combat change should be allowed to proceed without passing by wheelers desk for comment.
    Edited by Armitas on September 27, 2016 10:22PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Bandit1215
    Bandit1215
    ✭✭✭
    Taylor_MB wrote: »
    If this does not demonstrate bad design I'm not sure what does.

ESO%20Combat%20Log%20Screen.png

S's light attack procs poison, poison procs velidreth, velidreth procs vipers. Totally in 12,583 damage from a single light attack. 12,160 in approximately 1-1.5 seconds.

Little disheartened that players chose to run this setup (coming from a fellow Stam NB), but it is obviously on ZoS to address this. In my experience this probably the major cause of stam / magicka imbalance, the stacking of instant proc sets.

Solution: All instant damage sets should be a 2pc helm + shoulder.

This still allows for tremendous build diversity, allowing players to run instant proc sets, but preventing the ridiculous situation presented above. Just as an example, off the top of my head this change would include Vipers, Red Mountain and Widowmaker, but exclude DoT sets such as Storm Knights Plate.

Thoughts? Criticisms? L2P? Salty McSalt Breath?

Lol I know just by the first letter in the enemies name who it is that hit you with this BS...
    CP 561
    • vSO HM - Completed
    • vAA - Completed
    • vHRC - Completed

• HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Draxys wrote: »
    You guys forget an important side to this argument. The loss of soft caps, these ridiculous proc builds, no skill 1 mash attacks etc all serve a very important purpose, they keep a large sample of the player base happy.

in my opinion aside from some of just plain silly design aspects, a lot of these changes where implemented to give less power to an individual(aside from burst damage) and give power to the mob.

1vx became a lot harder around the time snipe got a over the top buff. Then all it took was one bad spamming 1 button to really throw a damper into that 1v8 you were crushing(as a mag temp i was now stunned, heal debuffed and being hit like a freight train by someone from beyond my reach)

each change they implement furthers what seems to be an agenda to me. Make each individual as unremarkable as possible.

the recent changes with stamina also feel like a nasty case of "payback is a B"

I remember when my brother was one of the only stamina DK's in the game. At that he was wearing 7/7 heavy(rip Marku) Why did his build not become popular? I will tell you. it was hard to use and situation specific. DK's wanted to wear a skirt and stick and feel invincible, not work for each kill without in a less than optimal set up(fun fact, his char is a DC nord)

back then stam was weak compared to mag, anyone who was around remembers it. somehow I feel like some of the devs played stam and they remember it as well.

Yep. Everything from that point has been empowering the person who puts no effort into figuring out mechanics but wants to be super powerful anyway. It's overleveling the playing field to the point that it takes away from the experiences of the people who actually bother to really know the game.
    The sad part is that Wrobel literally spelled that out in the AMA.
    Our goal is to make a game that is universally fun for everyone. We want players to be able to seamlessly transition between the game modes. without having to memorize how each ability works
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HoloYoitsu wrote: »
    You guys forget an important side to this argument. The loss of soft caps, these ridiculous proc builds, no skill 1 mash attacks etc all serve a very important purpose, they keep a large sample of the player base happy.

in my opinion aside from some of just plain silly design aspects, a lot of these changes where implemented to give less power to an individual(aside from burst damage) and give power to the mob.

1vx became a lot harder around the time snipe got a over the top buff. Then all it took was one bad spamming 1 button to really throw a damper into that 1v8 you were crushing(as a mag temp i was now stunned, heal debuffed and being hit like a freight train by someone from beyond my reach)

each change they implement furthers what seems to be an agenda to me. Make each individual as unremarkable as possible.

I remember when my brother was one of the only stamina DK's in the game. At that he was wearing 7/7 heavy(rip Marku) Why did his build not become popular? I will tell you. it was hard to use and situation specific. DK's wanted to wear a skirt and stick and feel invincible, not work for each kill without in a less than optimal set up(fun fact, his char is a DC nord)

back then stam was weak compared to mag, anyone who was around remembers it. somehow I feel like some of the devs played stam and they remember it as well.

Yep. Everything from that point has been empowering the person who puts no effort into figuring out mechanics but wants to be super powerful anyway. It's overleveling the playing field to the point that it takes away from the experiences of the people who actually bother to really know the game.
    Our goal is to make a game that is universally fun for everyone. We want players to be able to seamlessly transition between the game modes. without having to memorize how each ability works

So directly put, wrobel wants inept people to be able to be efficient at eso even if they naturally arent susceptible to learning it.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So directly put, wrobel wants inept people to be able to be efficient at eso even if they naturally arent susceptible to learning it.

The goal is to put a monkey at the controls and teach him how to hit dawnbreaker after crit rush.
  • asneakybanana
    asneakybanana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They just need much lower chances to proc and have a reduced cooldown. An 8-10% chance to proc veli with a 5s cooldown be way better than how it is now and then viper needs to have the damage lowered with maybe a 2s cooldown instead of 4 since its a guaranteed hit. Maybe 1/3 - 1/2 the damage with a 2s cooldown would be some pretty solid balance on viper. Then Widowmaker needs to do like 1/2-2/3 the damage it does now. Overall lower damage w/ lower cooldown is much better for balance than higher damage w/ higher cooldown since you cooldown doesnt matter when youre just 1 shotting people and then can wait for the cooldown to be up and go and 1 shot the next person.
    Asneakybanana AD DK Former emperor of Chrysamere and Chillrend. World first hardmode Hel'ra and Quake con winner (Alliance rank 25)
    Asneakyhabenero EP DK Former emperor of Thornblade, Haderus. World first vMA Dk clear (Alliance rank 39)
    Asneakycucumber EP Sorc Former empress of Blackwater Bay and Trueflame (Alliance rank 32)
    Asneakypineapple EP Temp Former empress of Azuras Star and Haderus (Alliance rank 22)
    Asneakypickle EP NB Former empress of Trueflame (Alliance rank 47)
    Sweat Squad
    Crowned 27x on 12 different campaign cycles | 200M+ AP earned
    Fastest AA clear ever: 5:42 | Fastest HRC clear ever: 5:27 | NA first HM MoL
    609k Mag Sorc vMA
    NA first Tick Tock Tormentor
    NA first trinity (All No Death/HM/Speed run trials titles)
    2x Tick Tock Tormentor
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Manoekin wrote: »

The goal is to put a monkey at the controls and teach him how to hit dawnbreaker after crit rush.

Who needs dawnbreaker when the crit rush procced 3 different 10k hits and insta killed someone?
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dawnbreaker is my "this fight is taking too long" button
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ghost-Shot wrote: »

Who needs dawnbreaker when the crit rush procced 3 different 10k hits and insta killed someone?

Quite right, quite right. You only need gapclosers these days:) @Wrobel any comments?

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Isellskooma
    Isellskooma
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't see 12k single light attack in that pic anywhere .

All the damage from no skill Viper, Veli cause 12k damage from one light attack.
  • Skitttles
    Skitttles
    ✭✭✭✭
    You just die to people's gear now. It's lame.
    Skittles | DC Stem Sok and sumtimes Nertbled
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Designing gameplay for the masses is great when you're a good gameplay designer. It allows for games to appeal to a wide audience while also providing depth for those that seek mastery.

Sadly, ESO does not really seem to have any good gameplay designers, which results in uninspired and flat design that does not provide any meaningful depth apart from animation cancelling, something which was not an intended feature and just pure luck.

The future does look bleak.
  • Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Finding WoW to be a lot more challenging than ESO. Managing cooldowns, rotations, priorities... Etc etc
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If velibeth was balanced to be like skoria:

It would have 9k damage, not 13k.
    It would have 8% chance to proc not 20%

It would only proc on 1 thing either only dots or only non dots. Not 20% on any damage.

Viper is 100% chance to proc, 4's, Widow is 20% chance, velidreth is 20%... On any dmg..

PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ghost-Shot wrote: »

Never fear, I have the counter. Just never leave the keep walls anymore. Whenever someone gap closes you, report them for exploiting from your death recap screen. We'll see who's still laughing in the end.
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Psilent wrote: »

Finding WoW to be a lot more challenging than ESO. Managing cooldowns, rotations, priorities... Etc etc

I was playing WoW today and the craziest thing happened, I engaged in combat with a player and upon their first hit, I was not instantly hit for 80% of my HP. Then to top it off I pressed 1 to use my mortal strike on said player and an animation played and they took damage. I submitted a bug report as I am able to reproduce it regularly.