The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

12,583 Damage from single non-stealth light attack

Taylor_MB
Taylor_MB
✭✭✭✭✭
If this does not demonstrate bad design I'm not sure what does.

ESO%20Combat%20Log%20Screen.png

S's light attack procs poison, poison procs velidreth, velidreth procs vipers. Totally in 12,583 damage from a single light attack. 12,160 in approximately 1-1.5 seconds.

Little disheartened that players chose to run this setup (coming from a fellow Stam NB), but it is obviously on ZoS to address this. In my experience this probably the major cause of stam / magicka imbalance, the stacking of instant proc sets.

Solution: All instant damage sets should be a 2pc helm + shoulder.

This still allows for tremendous build diversity, allowing players to run instant proc sets, but preventing the ridiculous situation presented above. Just as an example, off the top of my head this change would include Vipers, Red Mountain and Widowmaker, but exclude DoT sets such as Storm Knights Plate.

Thoughts? Criticisms? L2P? Salty McSalt Breath?
PvP Defensive Set Comparison
Firestarter MagDK 1vX
- build and gamplay!
LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
- build and gamplay!
ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
- build and gamplay!
Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
My YouTube Chanel

• Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a bad idea. Of course the insta damage sets would need buffing if they are all only available as a 2pc (Viper, Red Mountain)
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sick of these proc sets...
    Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
    Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
    Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see 12k single light attack in that pic anywhere .
  • Ashnunn
    Ashnunn
    ✭✭✭
    Elder proc's online, no skill required
    Edited by Ashnunn on September 27, 2016 7:21AM

CP 561
  • MalakithAlamahdi
    MalakithAlamahdi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

He adds the light attack to all the proc sets it sets off. That all combined do that damage. He means he only had to do one light attack for that damage.
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Curse my conciseness leading to an inaccurate title. "single non-stealth light attack resulting in 12,583 damage"

He adds the light attack to all the proc sets it sets off. That all combined do that damage. He means he only had to do one light attack for that damage.

He's being funny :P
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    - build and gamplay!
    - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DKsUnite wrote: »

I used to be ok with them. That small 4k health you have left when you think you can get out of a tight situation is quickly snuffed out by a single viper proc starts to grind your gears after a while. Even worse when they throw out 3 high damaging disease balls and proc 4k poison damage just by a single light attack.

Here's a pretty standard recap for me and how dumbed down the game is right now when you die from light attacks and beam spam from people completely out of range

xbanz2I.png
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1 button kills are only going to get worse in the upcoming patch. Even if they re worked some sets, you're still going to die from Ambush, heavy, Incap anyway, no amount of heavy armour or shields will stop 20K physical penetration.

Does anyone remember soft caps?
    PC EU
  • Chuga_Rei
    Chuga_Rei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys forget an important side to this argument. The loss of soft caps, these ridiculous proc builds, no skill 1 mash attacks etc all serve a very important purpose, they keep a large sample of the player base happy.

in my opinion aside from some of just plain silly design aspects, a lot of these changes where implemented to give less power to an individual(aside from burst damage) and give power to the mob.

1vx became a lot harder around the time snipe got a over the top buff. Then all it took was one bad spamming 1 button to really throw a damper into that 1v8 you were crushing(as a mag temp i was now stunned, heal debuffed and being hit like a freight train by someone from beyond my reach)

each change they implement furthers what seems to be an agenda to me. Make each individual as unremarkable as possible.

the recent changes with stamina also feel like a nasty case of "payback is a B"

I remember when my brother was one of the only stamina DK's in the game. At that he was wearing 7/7 heavy(rip Marku) Why did his build not become popular? I will tell you. it was hard to use and situation specific. DK's wanted to wear a skirt and stick and feel invincible, not work for each kill without in a less than optimal set up(fun fact, his char is a DC nord)

back then stam was weak compared to mag, anyone who was around remembers it. somehow I feel like some of the devs played stam and they remember it as well.
    MAIN: Subtomik |DC| Templar| Grand Overlord| Magicka since release(GET RID OF RD and give me back blinding flashes!)
    Scrubtomik|EP |Templar|Rerolled to help outnumbered EP
    Urban Youth|DC | Nightblade|AVA RANK 15| Stam
    Not A Racist |EP|Nightblade| Magicka| Maelstrom farmer
    Triggered Liberal|DC| New maelstrom farmer lol
    Pls Send Nudes |AD| DK

GM of Full Metal Carebears
    No Mercy
    AutoBots
    K-hole

Gone but not forgotten, Braidas, Marku, and a dozen other heroes
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The thing is you dont have to see it. A light attack can proc viper+velindreth+ poison + widowmaker and with each attack having a chance to proc each other like a combo.Thats about it for pvp at this point.
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Remorseless
    Remorseless
    ✭✭✭
    It's dumbing down pvp for sure. I think this is wrobels response to hearing all the he spammed one ability to kill me. Now hit one light attack and you get a chain reaction of top kek.
    Vice

Love Palace
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Chuga_Rei wrote: »
    You guys forget an important side to this argument. The loss of soft caps, these ridiculous proc builds, no skill 1 mash attacks etc all serve a very important purpose, they keep a large sample of the player base happy.

in my opinion aside from some of just plain silly design aspects, a lot of these changes where implemented to give less power to an individual(aside from burst damage) and give power to the mob.

1vx became a lot harder around the time snipe got a over the top buff. Then all it took was one bad spamming 1 button to really throw a damper into that 1v8 you were crushing(as a mag temp i was now stunned, heal debuffed and being hit like a freight train by someone from beyond my reach)

each change they implement furthers what seems to be an agenda to me. Make each individual as unremarkable as possible.

the recent changes with stamina also feel like a nasty case of "payback is a B"

I remember when my brother was one of the only stamina DK's in the game. At that he was wearing 7/7 heavy(rip Marku) Why did his build not become popular? I will tell you. it was hard to use and situation specific. DK's wanted to wear a skirt and stick and feel invincible, not work for each kill without in a less than optimal set up(fun fact, his char is a DC nord)

back then stam was weak compared to mag, anyone who was around remembers it. somehow I feel like some of the devs played stam and they remember it as well.

Yep. Everything from that point has been empowering the person who puts no effort into figuring out mechanics but wants to be super powerful anyway. It's overleveling the playing field to the point that it takes away from the experiences of the people who actually bother to really know the game.

rip decibel
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's most funny viper and velidreth was not on crit so it can go up even higher to ~16k , so after getting hit by light attack You going down to execute range. #Ballanced.
    Edited by Juhasow on September 27, 2016 11:43AM
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    These procs are a JOKE. They need to do something about it and soon.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taylor_MB wrote: »
    If this does not demonstrate bad design I'm not sure what does.

ESO%20Combat%20Log%20Screen.png

S's light attack procs poison, poison procs velidreth, velidreth procs vipers. Totally in 12,583 damage from a single light attack. 12,160 in approximately 1-1.5 seconds.

Little disheartened that players chose to run this setup (coming from a fellow Stam NB), but it is obviously on ZoS to address this. In my experience this probably the major cause of stam / magicka imbalance, the stacking of instant proc sets.

Solution: All instant damage sets should be a 2pc helm + shoulder.

This still allows for tremendous build diversity, allowing players to run instant proc sets, but preventing the ridiculous situation presented above. Just as an example, off the top of my head this change would include Vipers, Red Mountain and Widowmaker, but exclude DoT sets such as Storm Knights Plate.

Thoughts? Criticisms? L2P? Salty McSalt Breath?

What is your playstyle?
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Taylor_MB wrote: »

but it is obviously on ZoS to address this.

That is going to be a problem right there. They should have known how those two sets would be used before they made them. It was mentioned by players on the PTS. It was mentioned by players in my TS the day the PTS came out; it was an obvious outcome. It's going to get worse too. Now every set will come with rings and weapons. Any possible system of set balancing is out the window. They intend to balance the world by dumping out the rest of Pandoras box rather than by putting stuff back into it.I am so tired of the combat development in this game. Their pandora method isn't even going to balance it either, look at the divide between VO and Aether, or viper and galerions revenge. Magicka is so stupid right now. I cannot for the life of me find a rational explanation for why the game exists as it does now. Sabotage is a more reasonable explanation than "they are trying".
    Edited by Armitas on September 27, 2016 11:58AM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DKsUnite wrote: »

Sums it up for me too, viper and velidreth is just cancerous for pvp atm, why slot skills at all when rng can do the work for you, it promotes *** gameplay. Afraid it only gets worse with next update introducing more proccs like selene and other sets. I took 25k dmg from one sniper the other day, dont remember what the exact dmg numbers was, but it was the initial hit of the snipe, widowmakers procc, viper procc and the poison dot from applying the poison. It all added up to obscene amounts of dmg from one direct hit. Whats this game coming to...

@Wrobel do you have any comments?

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Procs sets need to go away and never come back. ZOS needs to get more creative with how 5-piece bonuses synergize with certain skills, and we need more passive buffs. There wouldn't be anything wrong with some sets that buffed class specific abilities.

For example, a Templar set: 5-piece bonus - Rushed Ceremony and its morphs heal 1 additional ally

Something like that. All 4 stam classes are all going after the same sets and it's boring as hell.
    Edited by Sallington on September 27, 2016 12:48PM
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • Chuga_Rei
    Chuga_Rei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    funny thing is no one complains about skoria because its pretty well balanced w/magickas unimpressive dps lol
    MAIN: Subtomik |DC| Templar| Grand Overlord| Magicka since release(GET RID OF RD and give me back blinding flashes!)
    Scrubtomik|EP |Templar|Rerolled to help outnumbered EP
    Urban Youth|DC | Nightblade|AVA RANK 15| Stam
    Not A Racist |EP|Nightblade| Magicka| Maelstrom farmer
    Triggered Liberal|DC| New maelstrom farmer lol
    Pls Send Nudes |AD| DK

GM of Full Metal Carebears
    No Mercy
    AutoBots
    K-hole

Gone but not forgotten, Braidas, Marku, and a dozen other heroes
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    funny thing is no one complains about skoria because its pretty well balanced w/magickas unimpressive dps lol

Skoria is an example of a good design choice
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS goals.....See how bad we can mess it up before we fix everything with the combat re balance patch scheduled for December......
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »

Skoria is an example of a good design choice

Skoria is balanced because dmg aint ridiculous and you cant gank players too easy with it.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't worry guys, they will address these concerns in update 16. A fix is on the way!

I feel like they jumped the shark with all these new sets coming up. We heard you didn't like velidreth so we added more velidreth so you can velidreth while you velidreth.
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wtf does velidreth even proc when you're using siege? I could have sworn I saw this poor AD guy get murked by a DC while he was on his siege. The one wearing velidreth didn't even know what was going on and he got the killing blow.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wtf does velidreth even proc when you're using siege? I could have sworn I saw this poor AD guy get murked by a DC while he was on his siege. The one wearing velidreth didn't even know what was going on and he got the killing blow.

Hahaha. Well, zos dont want players to use their brains for pvp so...working as intended.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It does indeed!
    PC EU
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ofc it does.... gotta make sure you get that veli KB while you siege down the sole person in the 1v15....
    Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
    Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
    Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It does indeed!

Lol I don't know whether to laugh or cry
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Funny. Nobody says a *** word about this until one of the 'cool kids' finally notices how broken this is.

Stay classy taytay, I'm sure the devs will ignore this one too.

It does indeed!

Plenty of sets do, including viscous death...
    Edited by Minalan on September 27, 2016 1:49PM
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for your contribution, @Minalan

Can't believe I'm finally an official member of the 'cool kids' gang :D

Edit: pretty sure 90%+ of these people have no idea who I am, seeming I play almost exclusively in AS.
    Edited by Taylor_MB on September 27, 2016 1:56PM
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    - build and gamplay!
    - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel