The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Please allow us to customize drop sets

• Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    negbert wrote: »
    From last week's Reddit AMA

"Now, to your question: this is something we have talked about, but it is more complex than you otherwise might imagine - item transmogrication can work in a limited fashion pretty easily (like the ability to change everything to Imperial Style if you own the Imperial Edition), but not something we are currently considering on a mass scale."

Well I'm glad they are at least talking about it. It sucks that they're not considering on implementing it though. @ZOS_GinaBruno I'm sure you guys know this already, but this feature is greatly desired by your community, and it would mean a lot to us if you implemented this into your game :smile:
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dropped Gear should not exist. everything should be crafted only! im a max crafter and everything i wear is dropped gear because it is better then what i can craft. i hate it.
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pretty much every DPS build BIS is twice born star.
    Most tanks are running Tavas
    Most magi builds that aren't using TBS are using Julianos.
    Likewise builds are using night mother or hundings rage
    Every character I have that does any TG or DB dailies is using Night Silence

There are some niche builds which use Kragnac or maybe eyes of mara

I'd say crafted gear is still getting a fair run.
    Mostly I'm just bored with the crafted sets and want more, new things!
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    dropped Gear should not exist. everything should be crafted only! im a max crafter and everything i wear is dropped gear because it is better then what i can craft. i hate it.

You and me both.
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tannus15 wrote: »

You're thinking about live. On PTS, drop sets are better in every circumstance. On live the only thing you have going for you is TBS. Other than that you're running jewelry, Maelstrom Weapons, and Undaunted. Once the PTS goes live, people will only use TBS because they don't feel like making a whole new set of gear gold again.
    Edited by Strider_Roshin on September 29, 2016 1:02AM
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

You're thinking about live. On PTS, drop sets are better in every circumstance. On live the only thing you have going for you is TBS. Other than that you're running jewelry, Maelstrom Weapons, and Undaunted. Once the PTS goes live, people will only use TBS because they don't feel like making a whole new set of gear gold again.

What set would you be swapping to over TBS?
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Leviathan
  • Seratopia
    Seratopia
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm too in love to drop my carefully selected and thought of combination of stylized gear. Would love to give lich or warlock a go but no thanks. They are both hideous. And so is amberplasm. Luckily next patch I can just use the preselected gear I want to implement pn my sorc as jewelry, staves, and a head I can hide.

My style is safe for now. I also have to say I run around grahtwood and silently judge everyone's style. Sometimes I find one or two that makes me impressed. But most of the time everyone looks the same. Especially the blood spawn wearers. It makes me sad that there isn't much diversity in this game. DCUO had it figured out though. Customization was great!

On a side note - I refuse to wear costumes as well. Because someone out there has the exact same one. Yep, even your dye choices.
  • GoodFella146
    GoodFella146
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should be able to research a piece of gear then be able to craft it, i.e. research a Spell Power Cure piece to be able to craft Spell Power Cure armor/jewelry.
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's why i play only one character , and i keep gold amelioration ( dreugh wax ... tempering allow ect ... ) and keep my telvar too .

- after this i decraft my julianos or twice born star , i buy ancestral silk with telvar , and i do a new julianos or twice born star with a different style ^^
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Would be a nice lvl 50 perk for each crafting tree though no doubt zos will monetize it if so make it either an eso plus perk or make it a buyable pack like imperial edition. "Style Conversion pack" like 2000-3000 crowns restyle any gear into a currently known style
  • BrianDavion
    BrianDavion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would be a nice lvl 50 perk for each crafting tree though no doubt zos will monetize it if so make it either an eso plus perk or make it a buyable pack like imperial edition. "Style Conversion pack" like 2000-3000 crowns restyle any gear into a currently known style

agreed it would be nice. and while I understand it would be harder to do then they'd like I think the results would be worth it.

another thing I'd like to see in the future are simply more craftable set bonuses. with one tamerial there's no reason to have a station to craft the Nightmother's gaze armor in Bangkori, reaper's march AND Riften. instead they could keep it to one of those and introduce two new sets to craft. they could even make this change slowly over time.

such as they could replace the one in Reaper's March with "Fury of Magus" which is a spellcaster version offering stuff like

2: peice: spell crit
    3 piece: spell damage
    4: spell critical
    5: critical hits also reduce spell resistance

more craftabvle sets make crafters happy, open up more play styles, everyone's happy...

well except the people who are now mad that they have to replace their armor, but as a crafter... I'm happy :)
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everything I wear is a drop set. My crafting is maxed out, and I have collected nearly every motif in the game, and I feel like all that farming has been for nothing. Please allow us to redesign our gear with the motif of our choosing. Because as it is currently, I've given up collecting motifs since I won't be able to enjoy them.

Agree

PC EU
    PvP only
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think monetising will cause a practical issue:

If you only can customise an existing set when you meet the following 4 conditions:
    1. A. You have the relevant perks (lvl 50 etc)
    2. B. You have the existing set in your possession (which when used is Bound)
    3. C. You have the relevant Motif
    4. D. You have the "Style Conversion Pack" or a special gem, to be purchased for Crowns, and used up per restyle

There will still be no possibility for a Crafter role player (who collected all motifs) to restyle sets for other players.
    "I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Leviathan
    hrothbern wrote: »

If you only can customise an existing set when you meet the following 4 conditions:
    4. D. You have the "Style Conversion Pack" or a special gem, to be purchased for Crowns, and used up per restyle

There will still be no possibility for a Crafter role player (who collected all motifs) to restyle sets for other players.

Yeah but you can't trade bound items anyways so it's not like it's a loss for the crafting community. If ZOS wanted to add upon the crafting community they'd make BoP items tradeable, but not equipable.
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Leviathan

Yeah but you can't trade bound items anyways so it's not like it's a loss for the crafting community. If ZOS wanted to add upon the crafting community they'd make BoP items tradeable, but not equipable.

agree

But I would very much like that the crafting community, also gathering all Motifs, WOULD be able to restyle bound set item of other players

That a Crafter can be a full and fulfilling role :)

And it must be possible to think out a technical solution, that cannot be abused
    "I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU
  • Elmour0Fudd
    Elmour0Fudd
    ✭✭
    lol easy answer extend to skill line ceiling from 50 to 100
    ... 9 base trait's 60 to 90, set modification 100.

Still have to be a master crafter but most of the crafter's hit the 50 then switch to style hunting as needed,

we gain nothing for additional item's other than the XP for making the item currently once at the top other than the enjoyment (or not depending on the requester for the item)

less your crafting for other's then some gp incentive is involved :) .

get's to the point on some item's set's you can make in your sleep, almost is an autonomic response when asked to make something lol
    Try Cat herding it's fun thay said you'll love it it's a good honest job........ bollock's you need Silverweave body armour to stop em fighting, but a stuffed mouse on a string can help!

• Snarrffffff

[/PC NA mainly dead Breton magic sorcerer b]

https://1drv.ms/i/s!Alg5EQDPhr8CemxApWeDYYkydrc

oh what fun
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

But that's a very small number of crafted sets compared to the total of them. Oblivion's foe? Alessia's Bulwark? Trial by Fire?
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rex-Umbra wrote: »
    Crafting up lvl and style should for sure be added.

But imo while these are good additions lets add them for crafted sets, not drops.

Hesr me out.

We will see how it pans out but there is a significant devaluation of crafted sets from the scsled drops in all slots inc jewels of so many sets. Right now i think i will be shifting many chars from one crafted set and one dropped to two dropped as time goes on.

The drops i find will keep being of higher and higher levrl as i advance so why not use them? Cheaper in the long run by a lsndslide.

But if i could re-craft crafted sets at a discount to level them up keeping the quality that helps keep crafted sets in the worth using camp.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Our craftable motifs have numbered up to 46.

There are numerous unobtainable/non-numbered motifs as well for crafting in the future.

I 100% agree with you.

• Akwila
    Akwila
    ✭✭✭
    Ashamray wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure we will have an option in the future to change style of crafted \ dropped items. Main question is will it be free (but for gold etc) of for crowns.

GW2 had a system of transmute stones that would allow you to change the appearance of any piece of gear you had into something else. Transmute stones could be bought with irl cash OR earned for ingame rewards. I hope a similar system happens here, except that if you wanted to xmute something you must first know how to craft that style AND have the style material handy to be consumed.
  • SturgeHammer
    SturgeHammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think ZOS should add the ability to research non-unique dungeon, overland, and pvp sets in a way that is similar to researching traits.

For example: A player picks up soulshine pauldrons then goes to a craft station and researches the piece for X amount of time (consuming the pauldrons). When researching finishes, that player can now craft soulshine pauldrons with the style and trait they desire. It would be automatically bound to the player, that way there is still a reason for people to farm the BoE dropped version and sell to players who want to research it.

This would also give more meaning to the existing research time reduction passives.
    Edited by SturgeHammer on September 29, 2016 9:15PM
    First-in-Line - Swings-for-Lethal
    Green-Thumb - Scale-Factor
    Hist-Tree-Major - A-Late-One
    Needs-Some-Help - Dead-Last
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lots of great ideas here, and I hope they do implement a way to change the style of gear so that crafting remains relevant and justifies the time, effort, and skill points allocated.

As with many other systems for which they said were difficult to implement - barbershop & costume dyeing for example - I think the only real difficulty for them is in deciding how best to monetize it.
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm hoping that, with time, ZOS will make more crafting stations or alter existinf ones so that crafting is actually worthwhile.

There are, at most, 10 crafted sets worth anything (and that's being generous) while the rest are all dropped set. One Tamriel doesn't help this issue by making so many new and interesting sets that come in jewelry, providing a level of flexibility crafted sets can't match.

It really feels like a kick in the nads when you're a max crafter and still look identical to everyone else due to the limited crafted sets that are helpful.
    Argonian forever
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm hoping that, with time, ZOS will make more crafting stations or alter existinf ones so that crafting is actually worthwhile.

There are, at most, 10 crafted sets worth anything (and that's being generous) while the rest are all dropped set. One Tamriel doesn't help this issue by making so many new and interesting sets that come in jewelry, providing a level of flexibility crafted sets can't match.

It really feels like a kick in the nads when you're a max crafter and still look identical to everyone else due to the limited crafted sets that are helpful.

Also as others have observed no longer any need for three stations for each set
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Teridaxus
    Teridaxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1

Seriously, they add so many awesome sets now and yet we are stuck with this awful costume system with a worse dye system.
    I just want to run with beekeeper and orgnum scales around, never using a heal again :'(
  • Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Akwila wrote: »
    Ashamray wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure we will have an option in the future to change style of crafted \ dropped items. Main question is will it be free (but for gold etc) of for crowns.

GW2 had a system of transmute stones that would allow you to change the appearance of any piece of gear you had into something else. Transmute stones could be bought with irl cash OR earned for ingame rewards. I hope a similar system happens here, except that if you wanted to xmute something you must first know how to craft that style AND have the style material handy to be consumed.

I wouldn't have an issue with Mimic Stones providing this additional functionality. Add a tab to the Improvement menu, list out gear you're carrying that can be transformed, allow the player to transform that gear into whatever style they want provided they have learned the style and have a Mimic Stone.
    Edited by Number_51 on September 30, 2016 4:52PM
  • potirondb16_ESO
    potirondb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I Wonder if linking ability to an achievement wouldn't be the same as linking Something to a special DLC feature ...

I mean, get a full set crafting gear and morph any set into it, except monster helm... I mean even vDSA and vMA weapon could be transform it wouldn't mean they are as unique and easy to figure then the rest but still...
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Not totally true on that last thing if zos can code and design it they can follow ffar or mabinogi mmo and create a crafter trade menu both games had options to open a menu to craft enchant and change another players gear without it ever leaving their inv this included bound stuff in those games. If zos really put a couple pennies of time and money into it tgey could massively bring crafting and crafters back to life and massively boost crown motif sales.
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Being able to do this would be a game changer for me, I just can't use dropped sets, either they have great rules and look garbage or have garbage rules and look great, it's never both. I've seen so many characters running around and thought that yes, they probably do twice the damage I do but they look like such a grab bag of bits, I just can't put up with it visually. Yes I could use costumes but these are either just clothing or really lousy looking armour