The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.4 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Please allow us to customize drop sets

Strider_Roshin
Strider_Roshin
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Everything I wear is a drop set. My crafting is maxed out, and I have collected nearly every motif in the game, and I feel like all that farming has been for nothing. Please allow us to redesign our gear with the motif of our choosing. Because as it is currently, I've given up collecting motifs since I won't be able to enjoy them.
  • LinearParadox
    LinearParadox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I totally feel you. I'm a crafter and I've totally abandoned collecting motifs for the same reasons. Most people that need gear crafted for them don't really care about style either since costumes are so prevalent as well.

We desperately need some 'fusion/glamour/re-craft/etc. ability that allows us to change the appearance of items.
    It could be limited of course, a shield should still look like a shield, and armor should keep the type it was (light to light, heavy to heavy, etc) but PLEASE, let us change the damn styles!
    Heck, even the "Convert to Imperial" options us Imperial Edition buyers get is non-functional 90% of the time for the same reasons, can't transmute dropped sets! >.<
    twitch.tv/linearparadox
    Benthar the Unkillable - lvl 50 StamDK - AD
    High Confessor Celosia - lvl 50 MagDK, AD
    Aeolyndra Sunstrider - lvl 50 Magplar Support God, AD
    Maldreth Angala - lvl 50 Magicka PetSorc, AD
    Veldrosa Wyldwind - lvl 50 StamSorc, AD
    M. Night Shatupon - lvl 50 MagBlade, AD
    Vestonia Ironhardt - lvl 50 Warden GuardTank, AD
    Bone Daddy - lvl 50 Stamcro, AD
    Abra Kedaver - lvl 50 Magcro, AD
    CP 1100+
    Options
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Totally agree.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
    Options
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure we will have an option in the future to change style of crafted \ dropped items. Main question is will it be free (but for gold etc) of for crowns.
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
    Options
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS wants you to spend dollar$ in the cash shop for costumes so your character doesn't look like trash.

Or even better, gamble even more dollar$ in their crown crates to achieve the same goal.

Which is why motif change will never be a thing. At least not the way we want it. Somewhere down the road I wouldn't be surprised to see "equipment appearance changer tokens", strictly available through crown crates, of course :trollface:
    Options
  • AmalWright
    AmalWright
    Soul Shriven
    Currently when we decon an item, we get some material, maybe some improvement items, maybe a trait item, and maybe a style item.

One possibility could be add the chance to get a set fragment from decon. 10 fragments makes a set gem that can be used to craft an item of said set.

Advantages: crafting is relevant to all sets. (plus I like the creating system)
    Drawbacks: would require many drops to forge a single piece.
    Options
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    AmalWright wrote: »
    Currently when we decon an item, we get some material, maybe some improvement items, maybe a trait item, and maybe a style item.

One possibility could be add the chance to get a set fragment from decon. 10 fragments makes a set gem that can be used to craft an item of said set.

I hope they do something.
    Options
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ATM the only time i get to use my motifs ifs when im leveling a character, and i can tell you level 4 full dark brotherhood looks amazing!
    Options
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. Crafting is getting more and more marginalised with all the extra sets and the monster sets etc.

Hell, even copying the LOTRO appearance system would allow us to wear the styles we've spent so long collecting.
    Options
  • Carl-lan
    Carl-lan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would be good to change the look of stuff if you're a master crafter. Especially these new monster helms..
    Options
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So sad I could only give it one click of support.

Hey good news though, instead of spending time and energy creating something people have been asking about since, Oh I don't know Beta they instead have spent six months or so working on crown store loot crates and all the crack cocaine they are going to hide inside 1 out every 40 or so boxes. That just so happens to almost line up perfectly with a free to play ESO card PC game where spending money is actually P2W and it looks almost exactly the same.

Great news for the people over at Gambling Anonymous.
    Edited by acw37162 on September 22, 2016 10:59PM
    Options
  • Garwulf
    Garwulf
    ✭✭✭
    Defintely should be armour style change available but only if you have the motif and trait researched. Needs to be some extra positive to all that time doing research and collecting motifs.
    Likely hood. Probably zero. ZoS makes money selling you 'wedding dresses' because when you are wearing a wedding dress you know you are soon to be f......
    Options
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ATM the only time i get to use my motifs ifs when im leveling a character, and i can tell you level 4 full dark brotherhood looks amazing!
    Hahahaha I was in the same boat so many times
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
    Options
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hope they do something.

Probably coming soon to a scambox (a.k.a. crown crate). Welcome to the future of ESO...

We need the option, I refuse to wear dropped sets for the very reason that they come in fixed styles.
    Edited by Kendaric on September 25, 2016 6:22PM
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
      Options
    • PureEnvelope35
      PureEnvelope35
      ✭✭✭✭
      Everything I wear is a drop set. My crafting is maxed out, and I have collected nearly every motif in the game, and I feel like all that farming has been for nothing. Please allow us to redesign our gear with the motif of our choosing. Because as it is currently, I've given up collecting motifs since I won't be able to enjoy them.

2000 Crowns pls
      • Fashion is the true endgame.
      • PC EU
      • EP Astera the Charlatan Stamina Arcanist (PvE)
      • EP Malina the Pure Stamina Warden (PvP)
      • EP Athena the Pure Stamina Dragonknight (PvP)
      • EP Elizabeth the Pure Stamina Sorcerer (PvP)
      • DC Bonneville the Pure Magicka Dragonknight (PvE)
      • DC Lyudmila the Omen Stamina Necromancer (PvE)
      • DC Breña the Pure Stamina Nightblade (PvP)
      • DC Cirise the Pure Magicka Warden (PvP)
      • DC Melinda the Omen Stamina Necromancer (PvP)
      • DC Adeliane the Pure Magicka Templar (PvP)
      • AD Valencia the Pure Magicka Dragonknight (PvE)
      • AD Do'Nhadir Stamina Nightblade (PvP)
      • AD Xiphias Sword-Like-Comet Stamgicka Warden (PvP)
      • AD Eleanora the Pure Stamina Sorcerer (PvE)
      Options
    • Silver_Strider
      Silver_Strider
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭

2000 Crowns pls

You're funny. It'll be, at least, 5000 crowns.
      Argonian forever
      Options
    • TheDarkRuler
      TheDarkRuler
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I still hope ZoS will remember that player's stood loyal to an ESO without those tons of microtransactions.
      So I also hope, there will be a non-crown possibility to do this.
      If ZoS fully decides to go straight to "only with cash", then just lemme tell you one thing: You are gonna loose your core members.
      Edited by TheDarkRuler on September 25, 2016 6:59PM
      Options
    • Sounomi
      Sounomi
      ✭✭✭
      Re-styling a piece of gear should be pretty easy since the data designating what style it has is separate from the item's ID. They'd merely have to come up with an interface to select which style you'd want it to be and make sure you have learned the appropriate stuff for it. There'd also be zero balance issues to such a thing.

Re-traiting would be more complicated since each piece of gear has to have a separate version of it for each trait. You'd also run into balance issues since the reason there's crappy traits to begin with on gear is to balance out the difficulty in obtaining them. Recreating the gear with crafting would also be complicated and have balance issues too.

They did mention the possibility of putting in a token system in the future to help out with those with bad RNG but I don't see much reason to hold back on being able to change the style on a piece of a gear and I'm sure that would satisfy most people that want appearance changing of their gear.
      Options
    • altemriel
      altemriel
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      I agree!! for master crafters, there should be an option to re-craft the particular gear to an another motif, maybe even to an another trait and another level too!
      Options
    • Birdovic
      Birdovic
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Its a cool idea and I'd love to see such option, too.

But there is something else I wish to see, an option similar to the one we got with the imperial edition: Turning any armor into imperial style. BUT with other styles, too.

They could make this a new crown store item.
      Options
    • Riga_Mortis
      Riga_Mortis
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      It cant be that hard to do, even DCUO on PS3 allowed you to use styles of amour you had preciously equiped no matter what you were currently wearing.
      XBOX 1X
      GT - TAGNUTZ
      Options
    • Anazasi
      Anazasi
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      what they need to do is allow you to decon a drop set and learn it so you can craft it over and over. Of course that means you need to farm each piece and trait but don't we already to that now.........
      Options
    • Strider_Roshin
      Strider_Roshin
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Anazasi wrote: »
      what they need to do is allow you to decon a drop set and learn it so you can craft it over and over. Of course that means you need to farm each piece and trait but don't we already to that now.........

That would do wonders for longevity of gear.
      Options
    • Destyran
      Destyran
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Let us buy a trait reforge for like 250k and if we own the motif be able to convert to that style like impirial edition
      Options
    • Rex-Umbra
      Rex-Umbra
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Crafting up lvl and style should for sure be added.
      Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
      GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
      Options
    • Strider_Roshin
      Strider_Roshin
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Rex-Umbra wrote: »
      Crafting up lvl and style should for sure be added.

This would be a great addition, because it will allow an upgrade in difficulty (by increasing the PvE level cap) while at the same time preventing a mind-numbing grind that would be impossible for anyone with a life outside of video games.
      Options
    • trbrelinskib14_ESO
      trbrelinskib14_ESO
      ✭✭✭
      Yes, absolutely. I love crafting in this game, mainly because of the motifs. But I don't wear drop sets simply because I don't like what most of them look like. I'm pretty picky as to what my characters look like. I only use the crafting sets.

There already is this feature in the game for changing stuff to the Imperial style, why not just include other motifs you have unlocked as well? Make it unlocked at Master level for the crafting skill. So let's say you want to change a Medium armor piece, then you'd need to be a master at Clothing to change it same for Woodworking or Blacksmithing. Or maybe have it cost some materials to simulate the reconstruction of it... It would be another reward for people who master the skill and make crafting that much more useful.
      Options
    •  Panda_iMunch
      Panda_iMunch
      ✭✭✭✭
      They could also add some new crafted sets, or at least fix old ones. We can still craft, but barely anything is good. Your option is good too!
      Yeetus that fetus

Youtube: Pandalius (Panda)
      Twitch: Pandalius
      Beam: Pandalius
      Twitter: Pandalius
      Options
    • BrianDavion
      BrianDavion
      ✭✭✭✭
      Maybe expand on the "convert to imperial" button and allow it to convert dropped sets and give you the ability to convert to any style you've mastered?
      Options
    • negbert
      negbert
      ✭✭✭✭
      From last week's Reddit AMA

"Now, to your question: this is something we have talked about, but it is more complex than you otherwise might imagine - item transmogrication can work in a limited fashion pretty easily (like the ability to change everything to Imperial Style if you own the Imperial Edition), but not something we are currently considering on a mass scale."
      Options
    • trbrelinskib14_ESO
      trbrelinskib14_ESO
      ✭✭✭
      AmalWright wrote: »

That's another good idea. Sort of like in SWTOR, you can reverse engineer an item: get components out of it and also a chance to learn the schematic. So give a possible chance to learn that set from an item. Or even automatically learn how to make just that individual piece of the set from decon. But then you still have to actually find all the pieces to be able to craft the whole set in whatever style you want. So it wouldn't take away from the current rarity of the sets and items based on the drop rates they have. And there could be number of trait knowledge restrictions just like how current crafting sets are restricted. Of course there would be the issue with someone now being able to craft those sets at will... Are these set items bind on pickup? or Equip? If on pickup, then maybe make it so when you craft them, they are bound to your account so you would still have the restriction of the original sets.

That would be balanced and not require any transformation mechanics at all (if that could be an issue based on what the devs have mentioned).
      Options