The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Playstation: NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must Be The Place...

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wanna know what happened to the covenant - about 2 years ago there was a mass exodus to the dominion side of things...

I think this pop balance stuff is cyclical though...good to see EP spend some time on top these last couple of months...they were bringing up the rear for a long time...

ny feeling is: it's not so much "skill", but, rather numbers that determine an alliance's success...particularly (for NA vivec at least) during those "off/nightcap" hours...
    Edited by geonsocal on October 17, 2018 8:21PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the_elder_scrolls__flag_of_the_daggerfall_covenant_by_okiir-d6gbdni.png
    no worries though...the lion will rise once again...it might be the third era by the time it happens - but, it'll happen sooner or later :p
    Edited by geonsocal on October 17, 2018 8:19PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • allstarplayergk
    allstarplayergk
    ✭✭✭
    @Lokirules spot on man. This game has great lore, awesome battles, and insane immersion, a lot attributable to the “objectives”. The people in pvp that have the “objective is for (homosexuals)” attitude are the biggest cancer to the game. If you don’t like the objective of pvp, go play BGs or duel. You can call me a “zergling” all you want(note* I’m quite capable of merking any non 50k hp solo star in pvp lol) but I play this game to get lost in it, not jump up and down in the middle of field, go play fortnite if that’s what you want...
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can call me a “zergling” all you want(note* I’m quite capable of merking any non 50k hp solo star in pvp lol) but I play this game to get lost in it, not jump up and down in the middle of field, go play fortnite if that’s what you want...
    Have to agree. I play for score too.

You fight an enemy army with an army of your own. Forces that have snipers, scouts, foot soldiers, communication and... numbers. Sometimes you have to throw numbers at a fight to win it. The capability of this game to support that kind of massive player participation and coordination sets it apart from any other game on console, even today. When it's active, it's still jaw-dropping.

"On June 6, 1944, more than 160,000 Allied troops landed along a 50-mile stretch of heavily-fortified French coastline, to fight *** Germany on the beaches of Normandy, France."

I can just imagine the defenders yelling "You Zerglings!" from their positions all along the coast :wink:

PS4NA
  • NightAngel690
    NightAngel690
    ✭✭✭
    I have to say, i really enjoy running in groups. Up until this previous summer, i was either small-scale/ solo ganking. It's just been recently that i respeced and rebuilt my build for more group versatility and i thoroughly it! Not so much using your numbers to kill 1 or two people but using your numbers to counter another group on the enemy alliance that has the same or more numbers! aka, ball-group against ball-group. Now the thing to understand is not all ball groups are zergs and not all zergs are ball groups. Zergs are just a bunch of people mindlessly running around.
    Think of it like this, if each person in a zerg is a pug and each pug hits like a potato then individually, they're not very good; but, when you get enough potatoes together, it eventually becomes a barrel of potatoes and a barrel of potatoes can and will hurt regardless of their individual skill.
    On the other hand, a ball group is a group who are usually in the same guild and are usually built off of one another to break zergs. They usually comprise of a minimum of 2 dedicated healers (one or both running time stop), a minimum of 2 dedicated bombers(destro preferred), 1-2 dedicated negate sorcs, a tank or two (sometimes a heal tank) just to snare and immobilize, and the rest are deeps whose skills are AOE. (spin to win, dbos, fear, cleave, etc.) The best examples of this are genocide squad, Fatality, and Boulder Dab squad. I always enjoy going against the latter though. Even though we are enemies, i will always have respect for their abilities and skill. It's been fun trying to think of new and clever ways to counter their group.
    Edited by NightAngel690 on October 17, 2018 11:40PM
  • allstarplayergk
    allstarplayergk
    ✭✭✭
    @dotme and @NightAngel690 again, spot on examples of why the game is enjoyable, and I’m dying over the visualization of German machine gunners yelling “zerglings”! As they get run down haha. But again, expressing these kind of sentiments of enjoying the aspects of which the game was intended to provide in a public forum or social media and even zone chat will get you salt fromthe guys upset the entire game isn’t sorcs 1vX’ing in a resource towers and streaking away as far as possible when you start to lose.
    Edited by allstarplayergk on October 17, 2018 11:51PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zergs are just a bunch of people mindlessly running around.
    Think of it like this, if each person in a zerg is a pug and each pug hits like a potato then individually, they're not very good; but, when you get enough potatoes together, it eventually becomes a barrel of potatoes and a barrel of potatoes can and will hurt regardless of their individual skill.

that's funny, perfect analogy :)
  • Abysswarrior45
    Abysswarrior45
    ✭✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    I’ve ran around with CenTex before. He’s a good dude.

That's why I don't understand why he's griefing people. Did he sell his account?

CenTex gets farmed...
    Lokirules wrote: »
    Lol... who cares? Score doesn't matter and both those players are bad. Why didn't anyone burst Cosmic if it was so aggravating?

Who cares about score? I do and so do the close to 1000 plus people in my 3 pvp guilds and most of the players I have met via pugging. The thing people have to realize is that while the score doesn’t matter to you it matters to others. You can play how you want but so can I.

I can play how I want which includes *** with scrolls whatever way I want. That's my point. You do you, I do me, if you have a problem with me doing something then try and eliminate me.
  • Lokirules
    Lokirules
    ✭✭✭

That's why I don't understand why he's griefing people. Did he sell his account?

CenTex gets farmed...
    Lol... who cares? Score doesn't matter and both those players are bad. Why didn't anyone burst Cosmic if it was so aggravating?

Who cares about score? I do and so do the close to 1000 plus people in my 3 pvp guilds and most of the players I have met via pugging. The thing people have to realize is that while the score doesn’t matter to you it matters to others. You can play how you want but so can I.

I can play how I want which includes *** with scrolls whatever way I want. That's my point. You do you, I do me, if you have a problem with me doing something then try and eliminate me.

Go ahead but get ready to be reported by other players like before
    I’m a Farmer so what
  • Abysswarrior45
    Abysswarrior45
    ✭✭✭✭

CenTex gets farmed...

Yeah so you're preaching a mindset you don't follow... not to mention I've been reported countless times and banned before and here I am still playing. Jokes on you guys thinking ZOS gives a *** about the health of the PvP community. If the game were competitive like it used to be, even solo players might actually give a *** about the score.
  • Lokirules
    Lokirules
    ✭✭✭

CenTex gets farmed...

Yeah so you're preaching a mindset you don't follow... not to mention I've been reported countless times and banned before and here I am still playing. Jokes on you guys thinking ZOS gives a *** about the health of the PvP community. If the game were competitive like it used to be, even solo players might actually give a *** about the score.

Lol I never said I would plz reread. And your not boosting or lowering my opinion of small scale play which is that Bgs is where you should go to do that Small scale QQ hard enough in Morrowind to get that but the real reason they go to Cryo is Destroy unorganized groups and put up YouTube Videos of it
    Edited by Lokirules on October 18, 2018 1:14AM
    I’m a Farmer so what
  • Abysswarrior45
    Abysswarrior45
    ✭✭✭✭

CenTex gets farmed...

Lol I never said I would plz reread. And your not boosting or lowering my opinion of small scale play which is that Bgs is where you should go to do that Small scale QQ hard enough in Morrowind to get that but the real reason they go to Cryo is Destroy unorganized groups and put up YouTube Videos of it

"you can play how you want but so can I" ~Lokirules
  • Lokirules
    Lokirules
    ✭✭✭

CenTex gets farmed...

"you can play how you want but so can I" ~Lokirules

And again go ahead but you don’t understand that you are ruining the game for other players who have a right to also voice their opinion which you happen to dislike I’m not going to do so because I don’t give that much of crap. Actions have consequences they maybe good they maybe bad
    Edited by Lokirules on October 18, 2018 1:20AM
    I’m a Farmer so what
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I care about the score, in that I like to see it fairly even across all three factions, and, I'd prefer not seeing the same alliance come out on top month after month...

it's tough though - there are lots of "casual" folks whom couldn't give a *** about alliances or scores...

there are many (who really knows what percentage), who have toons in one, two, or all alliances, log on to whichever character they may feel like playing, go fight, and that's pretty much it for them...

in my opinion, battlegrounds and dueling are a poor substitute for the open world combat nature of cyrodiil and ic...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a vision of how cyrodiil should work...but, at the end of the day - if someone queues up and decides all they want to do is go fishing and the heck with all the folks fighting - that's their choice...

who am I to say they're playing the game wrong...

right now - zos has the game mechanics set up for scroll trolling...folks are gonna take advantage of it until zos closes some of the loopholes...

sadly though, like abyss mentioned - I'm not too sure how much zos cares or has invested in to managing/regulating behavior in cyrodiil...
    Edited by geonsocal on October 18, 2018 1:30AM
  • Lokirules
    Lokirules
    ✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    I care about the score, in that I like to see it fairly even across all three factions, and, I'd prefer not seeing the same alliance come out on top month after month...

it's tough though - there are lots of "casual" folks whom couldn't give a *** about alliances or scores...

there are many (who really knows what percentage), who have toons in one, two, or all alliances, log on to whichever character they may feel like playing, go fight, and that's pretty much it for them...

in my opinion, battlegrounds and dueling are a poor substitute for the open world combat nature of cyrodiil and ic...

And this is your opinion Geon I can respect it because you probably have had a different experience than me you may know something I don’t. I am of the opinion that there should be a faction lock system for Cryo but we can’t go back to how it was pre 1 Tam most everyone is too spread out on all the factions to ever change that so we have to find a new system that is fair to Loyalist and trifaction players it’s getting there that’s the problem
    Edited by Lokirules on October 18, 2018 1:31AM
    I’m a Farmer so what
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my view on faction locking for a campaign, or, forever - has changed dramatically over the years...

when it was first allowed and hardly anyone else was doing it - I had a blast with it...

now that everyone else is doing it, and, in some cases doing it with the purpose of griefing others - I wish they'd lock us in to picking one faction per map again...
  • Lokirules
    Lokirules
    ✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    my view on faction locking for a campaign, or, forever - has changed dramatically over the years...

when it was first allowed and hardly anyone else was doing it - I had a blast with it...

now that everyone else is doing it, and, in some cases doing it with the purpose of griefing others - I wish they'd lock us in to picking one faction per map again...

I can agree but even when there was hardcore faction lock there were still trolling of scrolls
    I’m a Farmer so what
  • allstarplayergk
    allstarplayergk
    ✭✭✭
    @Lokirules unfortunately we live in a world @Abysswarrior45 is correct, his trolling and shenanigans are in bounds and honestly apart from cluttering zone chat don’t really effect the overall gameplay experience, he’s a red and I’ve been in guilds with him, you learn to tune it out. I’ll always have a problem with boosting/and exploiting. I wish ZoS adopted rockstars policy where people who get reported for this stuff just get kicked to their own instance/server with others where they can be toxic all they want and not effect players trying to play the game as it was intended.
  • Lokirules
    Lokirules
    ✭✭✭
    @Lokirules unfortunately we live in a world @Abysswarrior45 is correct, his trolling and shenanigans are in bounds and honestly apart from cluttering zone chat don’t really effect the overall gameplay experience, he’s a red and I’ve been in guilds with him, you learn to tune it out. I’ll always have a problem with boosting/and exploiting. I wish ZoS adopted rockstars policy where people who get reported for this stuff just get kicked to their own instance/server with others where they can be toxic all they want and not effect players trying to play the game as it was intended.

Agreed buts it’s whatever not here to preach
    I’m a Farmer so what
  • Abysswarrior45
    Abysswarrior45
    ✭✭✭✭

Agreed buts it’s whatever not here to preach

And yet you preach all the same.

My opinion is of the mindset a zergling's opinions should be welcomed but not taken seriously. Game would be far better. These class reps are a joke when it comes to PvP balance and PvE balance. Zerglings, like yourself, are incapable of seeing the larger picture often times, and cannot wrap your mind around what a truly balanced game entails. However, ZOS ignores the smaller scale community, so those seeking a competitive environment are no longer able to find it and can't take the game seriously and resort to *** with people like you. The impact is so minor but you guys get so mad still and that is the enjoyment we get out of ESO now with the occasional 1vX which has become so meaningless and difficult patch after patch for reasons other than player skill which is wrong. Bad players should NEVER be able to compete with good players, period. That is a healthy game. Even if there are 20 of you and 2 top tier players. Skill should be the deciding factor in who wins but now its gear and numbers.
  • allstarplayergk
    allstarplayergk
    ✭✭✭
    Oh god. Hi Nesquick 🤣, wtf do these god complexes come from. I’ve literally seen Nes go on that same rant a dozen times. The game was never advertised as a 1vX playground mate, the game is a large chess board not a fortnite map. Watch the original cinematic trailer, you gotta let go of the fact the game wasn’t built for you. You should and can play it however you want @Abysswarrior45 but it mostly sounds like you can’t wrap your head around the fact you’re in the minority. And please don’t try and patronize me like I didn’t GO a character completely solo in 9months with nothing but kills 😘, you’re not the only competent player out here
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    speaking of fortnite...just recently maxed ragnarok (you get the glowy eyes), and, am almost half way there to getting wolf guy (tier 100 reward)...I'll be honest, the godson is doing most of the heavy lifting...

it's interesting fighting with a pre-made character...competition is still competition - don't kid yourself, there are some beasts out there dropping from the bus and roaming the island - some of them haven't even made it to middle school yet :#

not long before I start to miss my eso characters though...I like the mix of skill and build in eso, a lot less luck in the fight equation...

that and I'm an eye candy kind of guy, and, say what you want about game performance and combat balance - eso still looks amazing to me...

my plan is to give the pvp in fallout a try...
    Edited by geonsocal on October 18, 2018 3:55AM
  • NightAngel690
    NightAngel690
    ✭✭✭
    @dotme and @NightAngel690 again, spot on examples of why the game is enjoyable, and I’m dying over the visualization of German machine gunners yelling “zerglings”! As they get run down haha. But again, expressing these kind of sentiments of enjoying the aspects of which the game was intended to provide in a public forum or social media and even zone chat will get you salt fromthe guys upset the entire game isn’t sorcs 1vX’ing in a resource towers and streaking away as far as possible when you start to lose.

Honestly, I just don’t care about what the forum warriors say anymore. They all just need some potatoes!
    A forum is open to all opinions and arguements. It’s just some people’s opinions are more based on emotion than logic.
    Edited by NightAngel690 on October 18, 2018 4:37AM
  • Abysswarrior45
    Abysswarrior45
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh god. Hi Nesquick 🤣, wtf do these god complexes come from. I’ve literally seen Nes go on that same rant a dozen times. The game was never advertised as a 1vX playground mate, the game is a large chess board not a fortnite map. Watch the original cinematic trailer, you gotta let go of the fact the game wasn’t built for you. You should and can play it however you want @Abysswarrior45 but it mostly sounds like you can’t wrap your head around the fact you’re in the minority. And please don’t try and patronize me like I didn’t GO a character completely solo in 9months with nothing but kills 😘, you’re not the only competent player out here

LOL! you called yourself competent but you're a thunderslug whining about scroll trolling.
  • allstarplayergk
    allstarplayergk
    ✭✭✭
    @Abysswarrior45 you haven’t changed a bit. Such a tiny little brain. Couldn’t drum up anything Better than “but you’re a thunder slug”. There’s dozens of slugs that would, and have embarrassed you buddy. You’re one “lock her up” away from a federal indictment 😅. You’ve always been one of my favorites :)
    Edited by allstarplayergk on October 18, 2018 6:33AM
  • allstarplayergk
    allstarplayergk
    ✭✭✭
    And @Abysswarrior45 let me be clear, I don’t think you’re complete potato or anything but this little god complex you got going on needs some therapy 😅
  • Abysswarrior45
    Abysswarrior45
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only time I've died to a slug is when I've been outnumbered or sniped down or solo destroed pre-nerf. Not to mention I'm a medium stam dk. Otherwise, I've 1vXed slugs I stumbled across. Ffs, doesn't your GM play in 1st person???
  • allstarplayergk
    allstarplayergk
    ✭✭✭
    He only played his sorc in first person, and still GOd it faster than anyone lol. And again, you’re the worst at making a point, what does any of that have to do with my skill level. I don’t have to prove my solo capability, it’s on my YouTube’s page, oh and I’ve already GOd a Stam DK in medium armor start to finish, gg 🙃 and actually we all had to pay see_you_tonight 25k for 1 shotting you in the sewers lol. I won’t claim elite but that’s a slug I know would beat you 100/100 times
    Edited by allstarplayergk on October 18, 2018 7:04AM
  • allstarplayergk
    allstarplayergk
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair that’s a slug that would beat anyone 100/100 times lol
    Edited by allstarplayergk on October 18, 2018 7:08AM