The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Playstation: NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must Be The Place...

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ugh :'(

this is the exact reason I dislike going from level 49 to 50...thought I had the gear worked out for my stam blade (hundings, marksman, monster set piece and shadow mundus)...redguard vamp using 2H and bow...

one of my major challenges is I don't have many heavy monster shoulder pieces, so, it's hard to get to the 2 piece monster set bonus I want...

out of my 8 characters - 5 of them wear at least 2 pieces of heavy (cyrodiil is a rough neighborhood to play in)...

so, i get the message i'm no longer a non-vet, put on my new vet gear and I was totally underwhelmed looking at my stats...i swear this happens everytime...every single time...

looking at numbers - not sure re-glyphing the armor and jewelry set pieces will help much...low health plus low damage output is not a good combination...

I now need to figure out some other 5 pcs medium/2 pc heavy setup for a 2H and bow for a nightblade vamp...

i'm sure with 3 weeks of grinding some dungeon and about 100k in shopping and crafting stuff i'll have a few workable sets for the character...

if you all have any ideas (I'm doomed to never have trials or vMA gear) - I'm most definitely open to suggestions...
    Edited by geonsocal on March 30, 2017 6:20PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    current rotations for that character:

2H - reverse slice, rally, accelerating drain, shadowy disguise, critical rush...currently using bat swarm for ult until i can unlock berserker strike/onslaught...

bow - mirage, resolving vigor, poison injection, shadowy disguise, focused aim and soul tether...

i like my rotations - i just need to find some gear that'll fit...

i'm thinking maybe dreugh king slayer (already have the jewelry, armor and 2H, won't need rally then, slot vigor on that bar as well, for the nice group heal) and possibly either draugr hulk or bone pirate's...i have a bunch of spriggan's gear also...
    Edited by geonsocal on March 30, 2017 6:19PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    current rotations for that character:

2H - reverse slice, rally, accelerating drain, shadowy disguise, critical rush...currently using bat swarm for ult until i can unlock berserker strike/onslaught...

bow - mirage, resolving vigor, poison injection, shadowy disguise, focused aim and soul tether...

i like my rotations - i just need to find some gear that'll fit...

i'm thinking maybe dreugh king slayer (already have the jewelry, armor and 2H, won't need rally then, slot vigor on that bar as well, for the nice group heal) and possibly either draugr hulk or bone pirate's...i have a bunch of spriggan's gear also...

I have spriggans and sheer venom and it works well. I try to use a dif set on each bar. Front bar 2h spriggan, back bar bow for sheer venom.

Idid however go hunding and spriggan which gave me the same wpn dmg with just 1 monster set piece, kena, but 5 percent more crit.

Ideally i recommend all prismatic glyphs on any build and use food to supplement. Overall more max stats. The new dubious recipe is a big help, but i will run 18k health and use stam plus stam recovery food.

You could several sets with similar variations, but id make spriggan with a sharpen maul ur base. People say you can over penetrate, but tell me how you feel with that setup, 60 points into penetration. Light and medium armor equals no armor, and heavy armor makes them feel like they have light armor on.

I just got my hulk draugr jewelry last night for my tank, i have enuff body pieces i will try it on my stamblade as well at some point.

Spriggan plus hulk draugr, and maybe 2 piece agility? I wonder how incap or dawnbreaker will look.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks hubzee :)

ever spend the whole day thinking about builds...

Edit: I know it's dumb to use DKS when rally can do the same exact thing...using a crafted set like hundings makes life so much easier...

I'll check to see what spriggans gear I have stored away...
    Edited by geonsocal on March 30, 2017 8:37PM
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭

Edit: I know it's dumb to use DKS when rally can do the same exact thing...using a crafted set like hundings makes life so much easier...

Yea just dont use dreugh king, unless you are building a werewolf.

x3x7x-mr-bean-photoshop-hilarious-2.jpg
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭

And yes ive sent days and time in excel theory crafting. Ive also spend countless hours and time building and buying gear that ended up just failing. Lol
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    t3hdubzy wrote: »

And yes ive sent days and time in excel theory crafting. Ive also spend countless hours and time building and buying gear that ended up just failing. Lol

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ me right here
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well now we can fight with brooms!
    I knew ZOS would balance the game. lol
    Edited by TequilaFire on March 31, 2017 4:36PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well now we can fight with brooms!
    I knew ZOS would balance the game. lol

that's cool...i just saw them in the crown store...50 crowns a piece, i wish everything was so cheap :)
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    t3hdubzy wrote: »

ended up going with spriggans:
    Spriggan's Thorns Set
    (2 items) Adds 967 Max Stamina
    (3 items) Adds 967 Max Stamina
    (4 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage
    (5 items) Adds 4000 Physical Penetration

and the archers mind sets:
    Archer's Mind Set
    (3 items) Adds 688 Weapon Critical
    (4 items) Adds 688 Weapon Critical
    (5 items) Increases your Critical Damage done by 5%. Increases your Critical Damage done by an additional 10% when attacking from Sneak or invisibility.

re-glyphed to add a little more health and weapon damage...needed to buy everything, but, was able to pick it all up for around 60k...

i still have low health (around 15k) and weapon damage (around 1.9k)...i'm hoping between my crit % (around 60%) and shadowy disguise i can continually proc the archer's mind set to put some damage on folks (also boosted my crit damage output within the cp tree)...

dragging him through some public dungeons now to get it to work...man, this gearing up stuff is hard work :#
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

that looks really good...i was also kinda thinking about Toothrow from the wayrest sewers...

at this point though, I was stuck on the set jewelry (archers mind was pretty cheap), weapons and armor are fairly cheap for spriggans...bone pirates and toothrow both might take a good bit of dungeon time...

it's crazy, I imagine by the time I finally settle in on this character's gear it'll be almost morrowind time :)

man, jewelry set crafting would make life sooooo much easier...

had also taken a look at:
    Vicecannon of Venom Set
    (3 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage
    (4 items) Adds 129 Stamina Recovery
    (5 items) When you deal Critical Damage to an enemy from Sneak, you inject a leeching poison that deals 13760 Poison Damage over 15 seconds to them and heals you for 100% of the damage done.

wasn't exactly sure though what "sneak" means - is that just being crouched, or in stealth/invisible?

plus - 15 seconds??? - most folks are gonna be "purged" by then...
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw you yesterday @geonsocal >:)
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got you @Maff <3<3 I was trolling you from stealth at aleswell just now
    that is if your name was maffison
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on April 2, 2017 1:41PM
  • Maff
    Maff
    ✭✭✭
    I got you @Maff <3<3 I was trolling you from stealth at aleswell just now
    that is if your name was maffison

Ahah yeah I see you bagging up there. On my light armor mag dk today and I'm not amazing at keeping my little shield up. Not that it would probably made a big difference, you hit hard!

• Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah if you're in light armor you need shields :( you don't want to be caught off guard. While I'm not a fan of shield stacking, it's really the only thing keeping me alive in this meta.

It was good to finally see you in person tho, even if it was from a long distance away
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on April 2, 2017 2:05PM
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    @geonsocal vicecanon is a soup sandwich. It sounda great on paper, but try it in real life... it will fall through.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is it I can't ever find mushrooms on the guild stores? I haven't been able to find fleshfly and scrib jelly yet
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on April 2, 2017 5:13PM
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Takes-No-Prisoner get a chance to play around on that build yet?
    GM Tig Ole Critties ps5 NA small scale PvP guild

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wazzz56 wrote: »

@wazzz56 I have not found all the pieces I need yet

@TequilaFire I saw you too today with your guild mates :p AD was wondering where you guys have been
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on April 2, 2017 7:39PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    little score update from the front lines (which is currently sejanus outpost - glory for the pact :) )...

six days left, AD with 30k points up by 4k on DC and 8k on EP...no current emp, top score goes to fozzy with 15 mil...

ran into them a few times yesterday, or should I say - fozzy farmed me a few times at aleswell farm...i was rocking 40k health with about 30k in resistance and they melted me a few times with eye of something...i left them alone after the second time :o

still haven't made it to IC in awhile...i need to go farm more stones to try to hunt down some more black rose gear (purple jewelry, 1H, shield and lightening staff)...wanna try to work in a monster set on my ww stampler, currently they're geared with black rose and dreugh king...

oh, yeah baby - got a working set of monster gear...my magdk is finally suited and booted for combat (bsw, mothers sorrow and grothdar) only took me about 2 months since the character turned vet :#

finally broke my years long addiction of regen drinks...can't spam everything like i once could, need to use light and heavy attacks more than I like - but, those extra numbers in the resource pools feels good...

man, don't know how I never thought of it before - normally I don't display any titles...but, just started putting veteran on all my characters...

was blessed with an outstanding mom, dad -not so much...uncle sam and his mean green machine (my first year in: '81, the uniforms were still olive drab :)) taught me about being a reasonably responsible and functioning adult...as the saying goes - gotta see a man to be a man...

a lot of good times...

hope everyone is having fun - I was getting ready to head out on some errands when I read y'alls posts - they made me wanna log in and go fight >:)

hope to see you all out there...
    Edited by geonsocal on April 3, 2017 1:51AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is it I can't ever find mushrooms on the guild stores? I haven't been able to find fleshfly and scrib jelly yet

howdy prisoner (for some reason - i like that name alot, not sure if it's what you had intended :))...

i have some fleshfly larvae and some scrib jelly (for some reason not sure why I don't have more than a couple dozen - do they come from netches?)...which drogskol are you, I can send a few your way...
    Edited by geonsocal on April 2, 2017 7:59PM
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drogskol_Capn is my PSN ID @geonsocal thanks :)

Fozzy is a good guy, I was helping to defend our stuff yesterday and he stopped to res me before bombing more blues that came inside.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on April 2, 2017 8:31PM
  • Maff
    Maff
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah if you're in light armor you need shields :( you don't want to be caught off guard. While I'm not a fan of shield stacking, it's really the only thing keeping me alive in this meta.

It was good to finally see you in person tho, even if it was from a long distance away

Yeah I don't stack (I just use annulment) so I have to rely on either keeping far away enough to avoid taking damage or get the first shot in. Good thing with the heavy attack build is once you get a shot or two in many people start to run and try to heal up so I can keep that distance. Sorcs with ranged attacks are a different matter, frags are hitting really hard now.

I noted you don't stand at the end of that keep wall. Nothing more enjoyable than hurling out a flame reach/heavy attack combo and killing people with fall damage.

Good to see you out there though, don't spend all that AP you made off me at once!

Still waiting to meet @geonsocal out there. I once caught a very brief sighting of you at an outpost once but never since. I'd guess it's a time zone issue, I'm probably sleeping during your game time.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well you hit me with reach before I crawled back up and fraged you from stealth. I used the cover of stealth to avoid getting interrupted since I don't have it proced sitting still most times.

Learn once, then don't repeat an action again that resulted in me getting punished originally. That concept has gotten me pretty far when I download people's fighting behaviors.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on April 3, 2017 1:19AM
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@TequilaFire I saw you too today with your guild mates :p AD was wondering where you guys have been

what do you need?

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @geonsocal I waved at ya last night at Kingscrest, I believe :smile:

Serious question for those on DC and AD - I've only ever played EP and I'm curious... As an EP player there are certain players on AD and/orDC who, when you see them in battle, you know you have a problem on your hands. I don't have all the gamer tags handy, but gooch, rusty, thisisme, santos, str8killer, junebuggy, dynasty - all IMHO players with amazing builds who can either tank their way through anything, or do a ton of damage.

My question is - are there EP players that stand out in that regard to DC and AD players? I know I don't - I get wrecked so much it's laughable - but looking from "the other side" are there EP gamers that carry that same sort of reputation? Anyone you run into that you think "uh oh - this may not end well"
    PS4NA
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Individual EP players? ..umm None really come to mind yet, a lot of those EP players that are smart tend to stay in groups and don't small scale. The players you mentioned tend to excel more in small scale.

what do you need?

I would have to go check next time i get on
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on April 3, 2017 1:25PM
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Individual EP players? ..umm None really come to mind yet, a lot of those EP players that are smart tend to stay in groups and don't small scale. The players you mentioned tend to excel more in small scale.

what do you need?

cool, let me know, I have a bunch of transmutation stuff laying about...also here is a very laggy video of the build in action...well half of it seeing as I could not swap bars...and had my resto staff on my back and no weapons in my hand while on s/b bar....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFDPC-EAj5I&amp;t=19s

• t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭

what do you need?

cool, let me know, I have a bunch of transmutation stuff laying about...also here is a very laggy video of the build in action...well half of it seeing as I could not swap bars...and had my resto staff on my back and no weapons in my hand while on s/b bar....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFDPC-EAj5I&amp;t=19s

Holy cow great video.

I raise you my video. We were camping blue when yellow decided they had the same idea.

https://youtu.be/GgGBG6wrNsU